• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Contest Spectacular, A Dazzling Competition!

In this role play, teams of two, go all out in a contest spectacular! There will be three rounds, and a pokemon battle at the end. This takes place in Majolica Town, Sinnoh, but that does not mean you have to have Sinnoh pokemon. Pokemon should be mid leveled (~20-35) here. It is also recommended that you should have 4 pokemon, one for each round. This should be the format for characters. Once this thread has 8 people, I will close the chat to people joining. 4 Trainers remaining, sign up quick! Thank you!
Name: (First. Last name is optional)
Appearance: (^^^^ Give me their skin color, eye color, shirt/jacket, pants, shoes, and hair type & color)
Team: (Don't go crazy, just the pokemon name. If it has a nickname, put it's name in parenthesis)
Start to role play: (See below)

Here is mine!

Name: Kent Fox
Personality: Confident. Would take up any challenge that seems reasonable
Appearance: White, almost pale skin, blue eyes, messy tan hair, jeans, dark blue, but not navy, jacket, green tennis shoes, and a brown messenger bag)
Team: Lurantis (Lura), Luxray (Spike), Cinccino (Cinnamon), Furret (Stripe)
Start to role play:

This is Kent's third contest spectacular. He only knew there would be a twist to this competition. He just finished showing the receptionist his contest pass and is now sitting down on a long corner chair. Kent pulled out a comb from his bag and started to groom is Luxray. He seemed to like it.

"Finally you're used to the comb! The smallest of brushes can change the competition!" His Luxray growled a bit, not believing it. "TRUST me! Besides, don't you want to get combed?"

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I'll be the first to sign up. Looks interesting to me :D

Name: Allison Silverstone (Prefers to be called Allie)
Personality: Outgoing, friendly, sometimes reckless, a bit nerdy
Appearance: White, long blue hair with purple highlights (Not her natural hair color, she dyed it pre-RP), black skirt, blue t-shirt, black hoodie with blue detailing, blue runners, brown eyes
Team: Eevee, Gardevoir, Absol, Roserade
Notes: Eevee refuses to evolve and mostly sits on Allie's shoulder. She will return to her Pokeball, though.

Allie had just shown her Contest Pass to the receptionist, and smiled. This would be her first contest, and she was excited to try it out. Eevee sat on her shoulder as usual, while her other Pokemon waited in their Pokeballs.
"How you doing, Eevee? You feeling excited?"
"Ee-vee!" Eevee declared, smiling.
Allie chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes."
She found an open space, and threw her Pokeballs into the air. The rest of her team came out, excited to be there.
"So, here's what I'm thinking. Roserade, you will take the first round, followed by Absol, then Eevee. Gardevoir will handle the battle. Does that sound good to all of you?"
Her Pokemon nodded, they all seemed fine with it. Allie grinned. "Then let's start preparing!"
She pulled out some accessories and began to place them on her Pokemon. She heard a Trainer talking to his Pokemon, and turned around. She saw a trainer who looked to be slightly older than her, and walked over. "Hello! I'm Allie. What's your name?"

Last edited:
Name: Chris Catelani
Personality: A little jumpy, friendly, sensitive
Appearance: Light brown skin, chocolate brown eyes, short dark brown hair, tan t-shirt, black pants, red sneakers with a light blue backpack with stickers of different Pokemon
Team: Meowstic [Felix] Azumarill [Blue] Nidorina [ Lady] Maractus [Flora]
Start to role play:

Chris was starting to get nervous, despite not being his first contest and this was his second one he was so scared that something will happen and he would fail. Sighing he ran his hand on his dark brown hair, sitting down on a chair and taking a deep breath.
He felt something poke his leg which made him freeze for a second before he realized that it was just his Meowstic that used his physic powers to lift his backpack and drop it next to his seat.
"I am so lucky to have you Felix" He petted his Pokemon head now he was starting to get calmer

The boy looked up at the girl who walked up to him. His Luxray went up to the bench and smiled at the trainer. "Hello! I am Kent. Kent Fox. And this is my Luxray, Spike!" Kent said to Alice, "Is this your first contest? There's a twist to this one...I have no idea what it is though! I like your Eevee, they're cute!"

Chris turned his head when he heard a conversation, he saw a boy that looked sightly older than him and a girl with long blue hair. He stared at them for a moment before he looked back to look at his Pokemon. "Do you think that I should go and talk to them?" He asked, the physic Pokemon that just yawned.

(OOC: Love describing pokemon moves, and I know how to do double contests, so I'll give this a shot)
Name: Nara Rinno
Personality: Serious, quiet, shy but is comfortable on stage
Appearance: Pale skin, Blue eyes, brown hair that is uasaly in a ponytail but is down on stage, Pink shirt with white lace trimming, blue jeans, white tennis shoes (on stage she wheres a dress that is pink with lace trimming and white flats)
Team: Shinx, Male (Sparky), Ninetails, Female(Blaze), Lucario, Male(Rio), Espeon, Female (Sunny)
Notes: Sparky has an Everstone because he wants to stay adorable. Sparky stays out of his Pokeball
Start to role play:
Nara entered the town. "So Sparky, here we are. Are you ready?"
"Shinx!"
Nara laughed. "I know you are. Let's just keep our little performance to ourselves" She continued to walk through the streets.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eevee blushed at the compliment. "Vee."
Allie smiled. "Thanks! I'm Allie. My real name is Allison, but please call me Allie, 'kay? And yes, it is my first contest. We've been practicing for a really long time though! I wonder what the twist will be?"
Eevee hopped off Allie's shoulder and greeted Spike. "Vee-vee, eevee-ee!"

"If this is your first competition, I wish you good luck!" Kent smiled. "This is my third competition, and hope to give it my all! Spike here is one of the first pokemon I got," He exclaimed, "His moves were so beautiful I had to try them out at a contest. From here on out we worked hard." He nuzzled his Luxray, receiving a little jolt from his Luxray, "Hey, that hurts! Stop it!" Kent laughed.

Last edited:
Nara entered the contest hall and signed up. "Come on Sparky, don't make eye contact with anyone. They might learn something." Sparky nodded as she and her small electric cub sat down. She started to brush him and he purred.

Chris had more interest in the strangers than before, he stood up and made half of the way before stopping, maybe he should go back. No he will talk to them even it means for a short minute or two.
"Hello, they are really cute" The male said giving them each a kind smile, Felix followed his trainer behind giving a small wave to the normal and electric Pokemons.

The boy looked behind Alice to see another trainer. "Thank you!" He smiled. "I'm Kent. You have a cute pokemon too!" His Luxray smiled, but his face still looks determined. "Do you know anything about the contest's twist?" Kent asked.

""Sadly I dont know about anything but if I managed to find something I will tell you" Chris was doing a little happy dance inside of him, no mistakes are made, yay!.
"Sorry if this sounds rude but I heard you two talking and I heard that this is your third competition..do you have any tips?" His tone of voice was a little awkward he was worried that mentioning what he did was going to give him trouble.

"I'm glad you asked!" Kent said, "Usually, I sort my pokemon into groups: Ones that are more powerful, and ones with more stunning moves. The powerful ones I use or the battle part of the contest. Another tip is to groom your pokemon, give them poffins, and put accessories that make them stand out. My last tip is practice your moves! Using them in a certain way can make them look different! I've won 3 contests, sure, but I've participated in over 5 of them...which compared to some experts, is not a lot. How about you, Alice?"

Nara was listening to the conversation. "Sparky, we are up against someone else that knows what they are doing. Won three contests. We gotta be careful around him."
"Shinx."
Nara continued to brush the small cub.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Tips? Oh, I'm not the person to ask. This is my first contest ever. However, I do have one tip. Just have fun! You can dazzle the audience all you want, but in the end it's the performer's passion that really catches their attention. And by the way, my name's not Alice, it's Allie. I get that a lot, don't worry." She chuckled.
"Vee-vee," Eevee stated, agreeing with Allie.

"Good idea! Also, get a costume! They look great! Mine is in my messenger bag. It's a blue outfit that looks like a prince! Dress to impress! That's what I always say! Have you done any contests before?" He asked the new trainer, putting the comb into his bag.

"Yes but I don't even got the third place" He chuckled, well that time it was first time and he was really nervous and don't really expressed a lot of moves and tricks so maybe that was why.
"Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Chris"

"It's fine! Kent's the name! And this is Spike, my Luxray! I raised him ever since he was a sphinx!" The trainer said. "I wish you luck on the competition!"

[The competition is starting?]
Well he already knew that since they already told him but maybe it was a form of being polite instead of the awkward silence or how are you doing questions.
"Good luck to you too"

Nara glanced at the small group.
"Shinx."
"No, I'm not thinking about talking to them." Sparky raised an eyebrow then went back to enjoying his brush down.
Nara got her earbuds that were connected to her MP and placed them in her ears. Then she turned on some music and tapped her foot to the beat.

(No, it's not until 8 people join.)

"By the way, do you have anymore pokemon? I have..." He pulled out 2 out of the 3 pokeballs from his bag. Suddenly, 2 pokemon came out! A furret, pridefully entering next to him, then climbing to rest on his head, and a cinccino, who winked, and then rested on top of Kent's lap.

"A few!"

Meowstic used his powers to bring his trainer back bag closer, Chris smiled and picked the three pokeballs from his blue backpack and released the rest of his Pokemon. An azumarill, a nidorina and a maractus showed up, they looked around for a moment before looking at their trainer wondering why they called them, well except for Flora that was showing of by dancing in circles.
"Well these are Pokemon they are nothing too rare but that what makes them special"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie smiled. "I do as well." She called her team over. Her Gardevoir floated over instantly, Absol was slightly more hesitant but came over within a few seconds, and Roserade popped up behind Kent, intending to scare him. Allie laughed. "Roserade, how many times do I have to tell you not to scare people you've just met!"

The boy got a bit frightened, but the Furret was more. He tugged on Kent's hair. "Ow! That hurts, Stripe!" He pulled on Stripe, and he stopped tugging.

Chris jumped in surprise a few steps back because of the grass Pokemon, hand on his quick beating heart, Azumarill chuckled, her ears twitching in curiosity about Roserade, Nidorina just growled when she saw her trainer getting jumped back but after she just glared at the trainer believing that she was the one responsible for keeping her Pokemon in control. Maractus noticed a girl that was listening to music, she tried to listen but barely got it any sound so she just shook her spiky hands side to side.

Nara glanced at the Maractus. Did she want to listen to her music as well? Well, it is impolite for the other few trainers in here. But if the Maractus came over then she might, Nara decided. "Sparky, you're done. I'm going to brush Blaze now, ok." Nara let out the elegant golden fox pokemon.
"Nine!"
"Sit down so then I can brush you."
Blaze obliged so her golden fur was brushed through.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie chuckled. "Roserade's a bit mischievous. She likes to scare people, but she forgets that sometimes people don't like to be scared."
Absol walked up to Roserade and gave her a stern glare, and Roserade lowered her head. She walked up to Kent again. "Ro-roserade."
"I think she's trying to apologize," Allie deduced.

"It's fine!" Kent said, placing his hand on her head. "We both forgive you. You look like a pokemon who'd be great in contests!" Kent smiled.

"Fur-furett!" The furret said in a forgiving tone.

Chris gave a sympathetic look to Roserade, at least she was trying to apologize "Well that is a interesting hobby that your Pokemon have" he decided to try to search for the special treats that Flora loved, maybe since they are both grass Pokemon she would like it. Blue walked to the grass Pokemon and gave her a simple pat on the head, Lady nodded respectfully nod to Absol.
Flora despite her fear of Fire types she got closer to the trainer, her love for music was stronger, she danced in the same place but more lively as a form of encouragement of increasing the music volume.

Nara smiled and unplugged her earbuds. She turned the music down, not to bother the other trainers, and continued to brush her Ninetail's fur.
Blaze watched the Maractus. She enjoyed watching the cactus pokemon dance to her trainer's music. Blaze lifted her head and sang along to the song. Nara smiled and started to sing along as well. Sparky couldn't help himself and began to dance.

I'll join

Name: Eric
Personality: Caring, Clumsy, Loyal, Mysterious
Appearance: Light skin black, Scar on his eye, Red hair dreads with a highlight of white. Wears a black jacket and red pants
Pokémon: Garchomp ,Feraligatr ,Tropius ,Grovyle
Starter: "Ok, are you ready Tropius?"
his Tropius nodded in agreement. He knew he was going to have fun. He saw that his Tropius was sad.
" Cheer up Tropius. we are going to have fun!"
His Tropius smiled. And they walked on to the contest spectacular

Last edited:
Chris heard music and singing and turned his head to the sound, he saw Flora dancing happily. Flora hopped around the electric Pokemon while making sound that imitated sound like a rattle.

Sparky danced happily to the music. He jumped, he spun, then he tripped. Nara chuckled at her electric cub. Sparky sat up proudly as if to say 'I didn't fall'. Nara shook her head and continued to brush her Ninetail's fur. "Blaze you're done, do you want to be with the Maractus?" she asked her pokemon.
"Nine!"
"Ok then, have fun. Don't scare to poor thing though, she is a grass type."
Blaze nodded and came to the dancing cactus pokemon. She bowed her head in greetings, hoping she wouldn't scare the Maractus away.

Kent smiled as he bobbed his head to the music. Not being the biggest an of the art of dance, he just shook his head up and down. Is urret did the same, and his luxray noticed the shinx and stared at it.

"Like the music, young lady," Kent said.

Flora giggled as the cub fell on the ground, she continued to dance until she saw the huge fox Pokemon coming into her way, she paralyzed for a second before her usual smile showed up again, giving her a small wave.
Chris brogught Nidorina and Azumarill back to their pokeballs, leaving only his Meowstic and Maractus outside "Good song that you are hearing, I think that I head it before" he smiled at her.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie quietly sang along, she rarely sang in public but decided that it would be fine.
She walked over to Nara, and said quietly “Hi, I’m Allie. What’s your name?”
Eevee greeted Nara’s Pokémon happily. Allie chuckled.

The Luxray hopped down from the bench and got a closer look at the Shinx. "Lux! Luxray..." He started to sniff the cub. It's not usual for a Luxray to do this, but it seems he likes the pre-evolved version of him.

Name: Rilo
Personality: Isn't very social, he can be weird but when you become good friends with him, he'll be like a new person towards you.
Appearance: He is white with brown eyes. He wears a t-shirt with a tepig on it and some plain black pants with short black hair.
Team: Tepig (Oinky), Feraligatr (Chomp), Electivire (Zapper), Turtwig (Tree Jr.) and Boldore (Rocky Boi)
Start to role play: As Max and his Tepig were showing their contest pass to the receptionist, Tepig caught his eye on a ninetales and a maractus dancing together. He thought this was unusual due to the type advantage ninetales had. Max walked to the person playing the music which made the other pokemon dance. "Hi! My name's Max what's yours?"

Nara looked down. "I-I'm N-nara." she said. So much attention. Nara felt so uncomfortable. She clenched a pokeball and whimpered. She wished that everyone would just back off. She didn't want to talk, not to anyone. The pokemon within the pokeball could feel her distress, but he wouldn't come out due to her asking him not to before coming here.
Sparky pawed the Luxray's nose as if he wanted to play with him.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie noticed the girl’s obvious discomfort. Realizing that she should just back off, she awkwardly said “Well, it was nice meeting you.. good luck with the contest!” She walked away, slightly confused.