• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hey there everybody! Names CamMcLoud!

With Sword&Shield out and the release of Detective Pikachu this year my love for the franchise has been rekindled. And now that Gen 8s roster is revealed I’m confident in making my own Gen 9, with your help of course.

I’ve always wanted to make my own generation of Pokémon since I was a kid. I was always trying to doodle creatures in class and writing names and type combos all the time. But when I got older I started doubting myself and gave up on drawing thinking it wasn’t for me and thought my ideas were dumb. And I could never find a group of friends to hang out with to help me or talk with. But making a Dex kept nagging at the back of my mind all these years.

But now with all the creative outlets and communities online available now more than ever I want to change that. I want to collaborate with anyone her that would be interested in helping me at least finish this dream dex of mine. I also just want to work and share with other people too. I’m sick of keeping things to myself and I just want someone to talk to.

So I’m posting my dex with all its open spaces and the few types that I can possibly think of

So here’s the key to understanding this ridiculous list.
Pokédex Key
1. 1-142 Common Pokémon
2. 3 Legendaries
3. 13 with no Evolutions
(roughly 10%)
4. Base-means a Pokémon that doesn’t evolve.
5. ???-means undecided typing
6. Listed types without concept are awaiting an appropriate idea.

I’m also providing an open google doc for anyone to use on this page I’ve dubbed “The Unlimited Dex”! A list of all the different Mon ideas that couldn’t possibly fit in one Region listed out by type. Anyone on here can use it to suggest ideas for this “Collaborative Dex” or use them for their own regions. Just make sure not to use any official mons we make on here without credit. Drawings/Stats/Characters/etc. we’ll worry about later. Right now I just want this dex filled up.

*Also these are the animals I absolutely want to include. Haven’t decided on typing yet.
1. Kangaroo
2. Dolphin
3. Crane
4. Armadillo

The “Collaborative Dex”
  1. Starter-Grass
  2. Starter-Grass/???
  3. Starter-Grass/???
  4. Starter-Fire
  5. Starter-Fire/???
  6. Starter-Fire/???
  7. Starter-Water
  8. Starter-Water/???
  9. Starter-Water/???
  10. Hamster-Normal
  11. Guinea Pig-Normal
  12. Early Bird-Flying
  13. Early Bird-Flying/???
  14. Early Bird-Flying/???
  15. Bug
  16. Bug/???
  17. Bug/???
  18. Fire
  19. Fire
  20. Water
  21. Water/???
  22. Grass
  23. Grass/???
  24. Ground
  25. Ground/???
  26. Electric
  27. Electric/???
  28. Base-???

29. Fairy
  30. Fairy
  31. Ghost
  32. Ghost
  33. Poison
  34. Poison
  35. Poison

36. Base-Dragon

37. Grass/Fairy
  38. Grass/Fairy
  39. Grass/Fairy
  40. Base-Water/???

41. Ground
  42. Ground
  43. Ground
  44. Fossil-Rock/???
  45. Fossil-Rock/???
  46. Fossil-Rock/???
  47. Fossil-Rock/???
  48. Artifact-Steel/???

49. Salamander-Fire
  50. Salamander-Fire
  51. Salamander-Fire/Dragon

52. Alpaca-Ice/Normal
  53. Alpaca-Ice/Normal
  54. Penguin-Ice/Steel
  55. Penguin-Ice/Steel
  56. Base-???
  57. Fairy
  58. Fairy
  59. Shadow-Dark/???
  60. Shadow-Dark/???
  61. Knight-Steel/Fighting
  62. Knight-Steel/Fighting
  63. Pseudo-Dragon/???
  64. Pseudo-Dragon/???
  65. Pseudo-Dragon/???
  66. Legendary-???
  67. Legendary-???
  68. Legendary-???
“Unlimited Dex” doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14l0A0ggVzZ2C4bP4yK8zmE-CHWVe3x85EBKy9BzC8Rg (Unlimited Dex)

But I think the first thing I wanna do is finally decide on the Starters. I’m trying to follow GameFreaks personal formula for the starters.

Grass:prehistoric/Evolution
Fire=Chinese Zodiac
Water=Semiaquatic

I’ve already come up with 4 gens worth of options but I can’t decide which 3 would look good together. I’m leaning towards Wolf/Viper/Piper but I’m open to any combinations.

I hope this is a great first step forward with this project. Forgive me if this is to much to read! Let me know how to improve this thread.

Grass
1. Wolf
2. Alligator
3. Tree Frog
4. Flightless Bird
(Kiwi, Ground Parrot, etc.)

Fire
1. Viper
2. Goat
3. Cow
4. Donkey

Water
1. Sandpiper/Kingfisher
2. Beaver
3. Crab
4. Sea Snake

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Fire=Chinese Zodiac
Cyndaquil doesn't fit in that, it's a hedgehog.

Anyways, I think a Grass Wolf is definitely a really good idea, maybe grass/dark in it's final form? Lawoof maybe for one of the names (Lawn+Woof)?
I kinda feel like an alligator should be a Water-type not a Grass type.

As far the Water starter, a sea snake seems really cool~ Not sure on the typing or name ideas though...

And for the Fire starter, out of those ones, a goat seems the most interesting... maybe Fire/Normal for typing?

Oh, also, maybe you should allow comments on the document? Just a suggestion.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
I was actually making my own Pokedex, so I'm definitely going to contribute to this! Also dont know how to present this :p

Water starter:
Crabubble (Water)
Aquaclaw (Water/Fighting)
Hermight (Water/Fighting)

For Number 29. and 30.
Sorchpion (Bug)
Scorpyro (Bug/Fire)

10. and 11. :

Hamstart (Normal)
Guinick (Normal)

48. - 50. :
Seedfae (Grass/Fairy)
Bloomfae (Grass/Fairy)
Gaiafae (Grass/Fairy)

And the puesdo:
Eledrake (Dragon/Electric)
Dracobolt (Dragon/Eletric)
Thundervern (Dragon/Eletric)

And trust me, I'm definitely not done with ideas!

Last edited:
So Me And My Cousin Made A Whole Fakedex And For The Grass Wolf Thing, THAT WAS WHAT WE CHOSE (The whole part dark type to)

Also we made a Light type which was super effective against dark and it was weak to dark. All Fairies used to be light types

SO Anyways

1-3
Leafub (Leaf + Cub) Grass: Pronounced (Leef-fubb)
Vinog (Vine + Dog) Grass/Dark: Pronounced (Vin-(Then Hog Without H))
Jungolf (Jungle + Wolf) Grass/Dark: Pronounced (Jung(Soft G)-Ollf)

143-145
Twinkaryl (Twinkle) Fairy: Twinkaryl looks like A Tiny Little Tinkerbell, It's -It's Special move Sparkles is a Charge And Release Move And It's Super Powerful-It's Ability Shine Is Like Blaze/Torrent/Overgrowth but for fairy type moves (Used to be for Light type moves but i changed it)

Decoppet (Decapotate + Puppet) Ghost: It's a tiny shadow puppet of banette but all it's limbs are seperated and it's got a big hole in it's chest

Dracuplo (Dragon + Couple) Dragon/Fairy: It's Like 1 HUGE dragon but it's also like catdog where it has to heads and there's 1 one each side

I Have 3 Fossil Sets You Can Choose 2 But They Have The Whole Type Trio Thing
Peach Fossil -> Flowerince (Flower + Prince) Grass/Rock->Naturing (Nature + King) Grass/Rock
Jewel Fossil -> Charasaurus (Char + Stegosaurus) Fire Rock->Stegochar (Stegosaurus + Char) (It's called the jewel fossil because they have jewel inside them and they have jewels as like spines on a spinasaurus)
Claw Fossil -> Flippy (Flipper + (Suffix y)) Water/Rock->Flippiny (Flipper + Pin + (Suffix y)) (Not Sure if claw fossil's been used before, but they got really long claws and Flippiny has a claw on his tail)

Peach Fossil Line=Brontiosaur
Jewel Fossil Line=Stegosaurus
Claw Fossil Line=T-Rex

Also I know That both the Brontiosaur and T-Rex was used in gen 6, but i made the Dex when Gen 2 Was Newest (Also i Now Searched it up, the claw fossil was used for Gen 3 for Armaldo And Anorith)

Edited: Reason: Grammer

For Regional Rodent

Cheeko->Cheekalt (Normal)
Their whole thing would be their massive cheeks Defininetly Pickup as their ability

For Regional Bird

Deedee(Normal/Flying)->Chidee(Normal/Flying)->Chicadee(Fairy/Flying)
Based off of the bird from...??? I Can't think i know it's like a small yellow bird.

Regional Pikachu Clone

Bolspring(Bolt + Spring) It's a Quadropedal Rodent that has a spring for either it's Tail Or Legs can't decide between Pure Electric, ELectric/FLying, or Electric/Steel

Regional Bug Family

Duopede(Like A CATDOG Caterpillar)(Bug)->Duocoon(CATDOG Cocoon)(Bug)->Duofly(CATDOG Butterfly)
It's ability could be like it only takes 1 spot in a duo or trio battle but it has 2 HP bars In A Single, Double Or Trio Battle

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, this looks awesome! I would love to participate in a project like this! I'm not very good at coming up with types of Pokemon and stuff like that, but if you ever wanted any Fakemon drawn, I'd he happy to draw them! A small suggestion of mine would be to use unused type combinations, such as (Bug / Dragon), (Ice / Poison), (Fire / Ice), etc.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Oh wow, this looks awesome! I would love to participate in a project like this! I'm not very good at coming up with types of Pokemon and stuff like that, but if you ever wanted any Fakemon drawn, I'd he happy to draw them! A small suggestion of mine would be to use unused type combinations, such as (Bug / Dragon), (Ice / Poison), (Fire / Ice), etc.
There is a fire/ice type now though. Not sure on the others though.
But then again, more fire/ices types would be cool~

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
28. Elephantom (Water/Ghost)

more fire/ice types would be cool to have!

Lets see here...

33. Fireflame (Fire/Ice)
34. Flameburg (Fire/Ice)
35. Blitzero (Fire/Ice)

30. Bugoon (Bug)
31. Dracobug (Dragon/Bug) (If male)
32. Lovefly (Fairy/Bug) (If female)

36. Monkid (Normal)
37. Badboon (Dark/Normal)

40. Toxipole(Poison)
41. Bogfrog (Poison)
42. Venomtoad (Poison)

Wow, this is a lotta Pokemon!

one thing is that the fossil could be rock type and the second type, but then later if they have an evolution they should lose the rock type.
It means that they have no reached is full strength when it was till living on the aceints land. for example kabutops instead of water and rock it could be water and bug, because that was led into the line from trilobites to example spiders.

Sorry about that. I’ve been dealing with A Lot of life stuff and I keep trying to go back and organize/fill the dex on my down time. It’s been quite a stressful/frustrating week for me. But things are looking up.

So if y’all want you can keep the list/ideas and make whatever you want together. I just don’t have time to be a leader of a project like this right now. I’ll just keep at my own version until I’m satisfied on my own time. Don’t want to drag anyone down.

Well wish me luck and thanks for trying to help. Hope whatever you do goes well. Take care!

-Cam