• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Creeper's NU Team

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
So I made this team for NU.

Uxie@Light Clay
Levitate
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 SpD / 248 HP / 8 Def
-Stealth Rock
-Memento
-Light Screen
-Reflect

My lead. Rocks, screens, Mementoes.

Gorebyss@Lum Berry
Swift Swim
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 248 HP / 8 SpD
-Baton Pass
-Coil
-Agility
-Scald

Baton Passer. When Uxie Mementoes, I go into this.

Jumpluff@Leftovers
Infiltrator
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Aromatherapy?

A bit of a troll set. The idea is to Leech Seed, then Sub (or the other way around), then spam Giga Drain.

Exeggutor@Sitrus Berry
Harvest
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 Def / 282 HP / 8 SpA
-Giga Drain
-Extrasensory
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain

Similar to my Jumpluff set. The idea is to kill Clear Smog Prinplup, but I haven't seen many of those. Relatively open for change.

Malamar@Expert Belt
Contrary
Adamant Nature
0 Happiness
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SpD
-Superpower
-Foul Play
-Frustration
-Hypnosis

One of my two sweepers. Superpower / Contrary seems popular these days.

Vivillon@Focus Sash
Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
-Bug Buzz
-Hurricane
-Sleep Powder
-Draining Kiss?

Because Compound Eyes Hurricane / Sleep Powder.

Please rate!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'd say right off the bat your team is lacking in its ability to put immediate pressure on an opponent. Three Pokemon out of six here have very little (if any) damaging potential at all, so almost any 'Mon with Substitute will have a field day with half your team.

Another thing to note: don't be afraid to experiment with some Eviolite'd NFE 'Mons in NU. Eviolite Cottonee can do a similar job to Jumpluff for example except with Giga Drain swapped out for Prankster's priority moves.

Anyway:

- Memento + Screens seems like severe overkill. Consider a status move of some kind on Uxie such as Yawn or Thunder Wave or an offensive move so the set isn't completely crushed by Taunt/Substitute.

- Using Memento will immediately give away Gorebyss's set and likely give the opponent time to ruin the setup before you can give Exeggutor the stat boosts. Keep this in mind.

- Jumpluff's set really doesn't help the almost non-existent offensive potential in the previous two.

- Exeggutor really doesn't need both Leech Seed and Ingrain, and the only purpose Ingrain would really have here is stopping Exeggutor from being Roared off the field rather than the healing effect.

- Is there any reason Malamar's using Frustration instead of Psycho Cut? Also Hypnosis's horrible accuracy makes it a liability most of the time especially on a Pokemon that only resists one type.

- Vivillon's Sleep Powder makes Hypnosis on Malamar even more pointless due to Sleep Clause. Also Focus Sash is a poor item in singles due to Stealth Rock breaking it and you lacking a Spinner/Defogger.

There's a lot that can be changed here. A lot of moves are rendered redundant by other 'Mons on the team using them and the whole strategy seems like it'd fall apart against any opponent who consciously attempted to shut it down.

My general rule is only 2 weaknesses to one type, and you've got 3 Mons weak to ice, which is a no no. A lot of people run bolt/beam on lower tier Mons because of a lack of variety in move pools. I would recommend choosing your favourite from the team and basing the next one off of the first weakness, the basing the third off of the seconds weakness and so on. If I find you on chat sometime I'd be willing to help you refine the team a bit. There are some pointless moves that you've got like Hypnosis, Foul Play, and Frustration on Malamar. Extrasensory and Ingrain on Exeggutor. Also, speed control is key. You have walls, and almost all other Mons are invested in HP, which isn't needed much. If you have something with such pitiful speed and all it can do is be bulky, fine. Malamar needs more speed investment than you have in it. You can even split the EVs between speed and HP.