• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CRYING ABOUT GRAVITY FALLS

BIGGEST SPOILER WARNING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN GRAVITY FALLS, 1. What are you doing with your life, AND 2. Go watch it then come back and cry with us ♥

We all saw it. we all cried. We all need to talk about it. Please allow me to vent:

I remember back in 2012 when I first saw the first episode of Gravity Falls, 'Tourist Trapped', and completely fell in love. I had found my true calling, my first TV fandom, my first feels, my first actually LOVING a show. I collected everything that even hinted that I watched it: Badges, posters, bags, figures, heck, I even have a framed picture of the characters on my bookshelf (Feel free to judge, I completely understand that I am out of control). I was an active member on the wiki and did whatever I could to show my dedication and love for it. I screamed, I cried, I laughed, three and half years later, here I sit. I honestly never thought of the consequences, of the heartbreak and feels that indulging yourself in a TV show would give you. Here I sit, every five minutes saying to myself, 'Is it... Really over?' then proceeding to watch the final minutes of the final episode over and over and crying because it really is over, but... Is it really over? For a community of people who love something so dearly Gravity Falls will never truly be over. We still have the fanfictions, new merchandise, codes to crack, spinoffs to dream for and, ultimately, I will remain an active member of this fandom because there will always be something new.

Please people of Pokecharms, I emplore you, vent about Gravity Falls with me! We can cry and come up with conspiracies and do whatever you like! There have to be people as crazy as me ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I don't even really watch Gravity Falls myself; I saw maybe two full episodes years apart from each other, and never really bothered to watch more due to a combination of time restraints and other personal reasons. However, I saw the ending of the final episode, and I can assure you I was crying my eyes out as I saw everyone waving at Mable and Dipper. I couldn't help it; this TV show has meant so much to people of all ages and to many of my friends, and seeing it end, despite having very little personal connection to the series and fandom itself, almost feels like knowing a family member of a friend's passed away. I might not know them myself, but I know how important they were to my friends and everyone else who /did/ know them.

Thought I'd throw in my own two cents as an outsider of the fandom. ^^;

I'll never believe it myself. Gravity Falls actually changed my life and Alex Hirsch pulled a move on us and ended the show before even a season three. Though, yes, the show does go over only one summer, it's still rather upsetting how it ended so soon. But, there are a few things hinting at maybe another series; I'm sure you know which scense I'm talking about. It was rather depressing near the end of the episode for multiple different reasons.
Even when it was seconds before the new episode, I was just counting down because I was so excited to see how it ended. Gravity Falls will always remain my favorite show, and I will never forget about it. I don't care if I've seen an episode like ten times, I'll still watch it. It's a shame it all has to end, though. Alex Hirsch...why?
Why did you do this to us? What did we do to you? ;-; Why must you end an amazing show so soon? I fell like Alex Hirsch is trying to make us upset. Oh, wait, he already accomplished that with a depressing episode.
I have watched "Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back the Falls" every time it was on. I have cried everytime certain scenes played. I still remain upset that Gravity Falls has ended. The show that changed our lives is over, I'm afraid. Also think of this:
It takes place over one summer—they discover most of the secrets of the journals (or maybe even all of them) and it changes so fast.
Season One: The average mysteries.
Season Two: Interdimensional Great Uncles and hidden secrets.
End of Season Two: The apocalypse.
Alex Hirsch, how does this make sense? xD

I remember watching the last episode and literally crying when it was over. I wasn't even watching it as it was being aired, like the rest of you. I was just watching it on YouTube on TheFlamingShark's channel. I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO WATCH IT BUT IN MY SUBCONCIOUS I KNEW I WOULD LOVE IT I feel terrible admitting it

But anyway I was listening to a Steven Universe song and kept thinking about this forum, so... Here

I liked the show, it had good story and intriguing characters (I mean even the main villain, Bill Cipher, is so intriguing that people want to know more about him), but I didn't like the end of the series. No offense, but I think it would've been better if Grunkle Stan had lost all of his memories and that there were consequences for his actions, but Alex Hirch (don't know if I spelled that right) just couldn't let his characters die.

So in summary, I'm just mad because the characters actions had no consequences.