• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Crystal Team, Moveset Help Needed

Most of you know I don't have a DS, but I do have Crystal Version at least :p
Anyhow, I need some advice on movesets for this older gen game, I usually don't pay much attention to how well a moveset works, so I wanted to actually find some good ones, and some good items. All help is much appreciated. =)

I have in my team:

Slowking
Lv. 27
Confusion
Tackle
Surf
Water Gun

Murkrow
Lv. 26
Fly
Pursuit
Night Shade
Steel Wing

Rhydon
Lv. 35
Strength
Stomp
Fury Attack
Scary Face

Jynx
Lv. 42
Powder Snow
Ice Punch
Lick
Body Slam

Magmar
Lv. 31
Dizzy Punch
Iron Tail
Smog
Fire Punch

Alakazam
Lv. 50
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Psychic

And yes, I have a lot of Psychic in my team..But what can I say? :p

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
* whips out ancient, dusty Pokemon Stadium 2 *

for Slowking:
Fly to Goldenrod and pick up an Ice Punch TM from the department store.
maybe get a Headbutt TM too, but I can't remember if those are in goldenrod :/

Slowking
Confusion
Headbutt
Surf
Ice Punch

once it gets to a higher level, it's pretty much a given to get rid of Confusion for Psychic

for Murkrow, get it up a few more levels and get rid of pursuit for Faint attack, I don't really see much other improvement for it. Fly isn't so bad in Gen II, since trainers don't switch on you, and there isn't really any competitive battling circling it.

Rhydon... it just kinda sucks as far as moves go in Gen II
Earthquake is the only attack it gets by Level up that isn't Normal, and it doesn't get that until level 65.
if you still have the TMs, this is what I'd suggest:

Dynamicpunch,
Rollout
Iron Tail
Strenghth

that's the best I can make of it unless you have an Earthquake TM. :-\

with Jynx

Psychic
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Shadow ball if it's special, I can't remember :/

Psychic will only be by TM, you can pick it up from some guy in Saffron City once you get there.
and as for Shadow Ball, if it isn't special, I don't have a clue for a fourth move.

Magmar... how the hell did you get Dizzy punch on it?

Flamethrower
ThunderPunch
Dizzy Punch [I guess XD]
Sunny Day

if you go with Sunny day, keep in mind it could hurt SlowKing. It'll get Flamethrower at level 41, and sunny day in just a couple more levels. if you feel like keeping it on there, Iron Tail will work in place of Thunder Punch, just less accurate.

Alakazam has the same moveset mine did, so I can't make any suggestions there ;p
it looks fine to me.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Assuming Strength can't be cut from the list, any of Rhydon's attacks I said could be easily replaced with Earthquake, they're all inaccurate, and Rollout sort of prevents you from doing anything else ;p

I didn't take Smoochum or Magby Egg moves into account ^^; oops

In Crystal, the Egg you first get from the Day Care Man before you put any pokemon in there. You have an egg ticket, give it to old man, he gives you an egg that has 50% chance of being Shiny.

The hatched pokemon (out of 8 different ones I think) knows Dizzy Punch.