• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

cussing

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Technically it would be, but it's kinda hard for a lot of the older members of the forums to convert to "not cussing". Also, note that a lot of the mods and admins cuss as well. We're aloud to cuss, but with reason. Therefore, it's pretty clean the way it is now.

Plus, this place, even though Pokemon's thought of to be a childish game aimed for "little kids", the strict policy here and stuff kinda suggest that this place is for more mature, probably older people, as, from what I've seen, younger kids tend to spam a bit more (if not a lot more) than the older, more mature people. So hopefully we're not influencing anyone.

Also, the only place where you'll see cussing daily is probably if you go into the chat a lot. As in a lot. And even there, I don't spot a lot of cussing, unless it's Alex who's trying to piss me off.

Y'know, we have alot of members as it is right now. To sign up, you do have to be 13 or older. The members are allowed to cuss, but within reason. Most of our members do do that. So shush!

Anyway, this is up to Doc Oak anywho. It would be too hard to keep tabs on cuss words as well. Well...there is the censor, but it's way too much of a hassle (In my mind anywho).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The boards aren't censored, but members are expected to use common sense and NOT fill every post full of swearing for no reason. It's also a policy for there to be no swearing on the front page of the main site - but that's for common decency reasons really.

Swearing is perfectly fine when appropriate and, believe me, there's far, far, far, worse for kids to experience on the internet than seeing the word fuck.

Besides, I seriously doubt there are many thirteen year olds+ that don't swear when they're with their friends anyway, so it's really a non-issue.