• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Delphox Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make best use of a Delphox, I recommend Future Sight, Flamethrower, Solar Beam and Overheat in your move set, these will make every Pokémon but Houndoom easy to handle if used right. The best nature is Modest, increasing Special Attack and lowering useless Attack. Also these characteristics will raise special attack more: Highly curious, Mischievous, Thoroughly cunning, Often lost in thought and Very finicky.

Now that we have our specialized Delphox, lets learn when to use those moves.
In battle, I will immediately use Future Sight, be sure to always have one coming. While I wait, I use Flamethrower or, if I am dealing with a water type, Solar Beam. If I need to take out the other Pokémon quickly, I use Overheat. It is a simple sweeper strategy but I only need Blaze when I use it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
AlexaBanned2_zpssm9qsi6k.png

Delphox @ Choice Scarf/Specs
Timid/Modest
252 SPA/252 SPEED/6 HP

- Overheat
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass Knot
- Switcheroo

Entry hazard removal is nice to go with this.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Modest/Timid
Insert EV spread of your choice here

- Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp
- Psyshock/Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

There's better Pokemon that can do this but Delphox is pretty good at forcing switches on stuff to get Subs up so yeah.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP or SPA/252 SPEED/6 SP.DEF I guess

- Mystical Fire
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

Someone else wants to sweep, Delphox can weaken the enemy offense to help the sweeper get in and set up or something.

Delphox @ Leftovers
Timid
252 SPA/252 SPEED/6 HP

- Fire Spin
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Substitute

Don't use this one.

Delphox @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Timid
Oh you know the EV spread by now...

- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ice/Grass Knot
- Substitute/Will-O-Wisp/Whatever

With clever play and the Expert Belt you can fake the Choice set and then jump the opponent by switching moves on them to catch them out.

The following tips on how to use Delphox were sponsored by SIVA; now you too can ~consume enhance replicate~ for all to enjoy.

There is a moral to this thread but I'll let you work it out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.