• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Does Anybody Watch The Simpsons?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I like the older Simpsons, mostly the middleish seasons. I haven't really watched a lot of the later ones, but the ones I have seen haven't impressed me too much.

I'm looking forward to the movie though, but I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is what finishes the series off.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The movie looks intriguing ^^ Pretty much every weekday we watch the Simpsons over dinner, and my brother insists on watching new eps on sundays, so yeah, I'm pretty much stuck with it. ^^" I prefer the middle-ish ones too, where the graphics doesn't hurt it and the storylines haven't been squeezed dry.

Recently, Sunday is usually the only time of the week when my family would watch the Simpson. This because Rachael Rei and Jeopardy being on the same time as both of the weekday time slots *grumble*.

I'm just so anxious to see that movie!!

Recently, Sunday is usually the only time of the week when my family would watch the Simpson. This because Rachael Rei and Jeopardy being on the same time as both of the weekday time slots *grumble*.

I'm just so anxious to see that movie!!

Know how you feel, I missed today's episode because I had to go shopping. *grumbles* I wish dad didn't make me go shopping.

But yeah, I really want to see the movie, too.

*sees this going in the typical "which one is better-Family Guy or Simpsons?" direction*

Anyway, I prefer Family Guy to The Simpsons. Though it would be interesting to see how messed up it would be if Peter and Homer got together....chaos would ensue!

Though it would be interesting to see how messed up it would be if Peter and Homer got together....chaos would ensue!

They came close to that once. There was a "Treehouse of Horror" short called "Send in the Clones" where Homer bought this clone-making hammock. When the clones overstayed their welcome, Homer dropped them off in a field, but they had the hammock with them! The Homer Cones were making clones of themselves and there was a shot of one that was actually Peter!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I like the older Simpsons, mostly the middleish seasons. I haven't really watched a lot of the later ones, but the ones I have seen haven't impressed me too much.

I'm looking forward to the movie though, but I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is what finishes the series off.

Pretty much ditto to all of that. I used to watch the Simpsons avidly about five or six years ago, but once my brother moved out and started University I gradually lost interest in the newer episodes. I can't really put my finger on it, but the show has just seemed to lost some of its flare... or maybe I simply got tired of it? After all, we had been following it ever since it originally started.

Either way, I'd still consider myself an oldschool Simpsons fan, and yes, very much looking forward to the movie.

Though it would be interesting to see how messed up it would be if Peter and Homer got together....chaos would ensue!

Yeah it would. Wait...is Peter the guy on Family Guy? Because that would be funny.

Oh, and on this one episode (The one when Sideshow Bob was in Italy.), there's a picture of the guy from Family Guy in a book and underneath the picture it says "Plagerism". And did anyone notice the song reference in that episode?

i quite like the new episodes just because when i wtach them it doesn't burn my eyes.
I dont know if it will make a recovery as a series but they certainly re-kindled my intrest with teh gervais episode. It was great watching a whole different sence of humour on a classic show. Saying that it probably lacked quaity to those avid simpsons fan who dont really get rickys style of comedy.

11 years later... I think that movie definitely finished the series off :D