• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Does anyone like Steven Universe?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Frankly, SU is the best thing to come out of Cartoon network in millennia. I admit that I wasn't particularly impressed when it first surfaced as all I really had to go on was a few images and tumblr not shutting up about it. I'm not generally a fan of hyperstylised Adventure-Time-y shows, so I didn't give the show the time of day - at first.

Until On The Run happened, when we first saw Gem Injectors, and it was a moment of Holy shift, are those supposed to be bacteriophages?

Then I watched the first episode - followed by pretty much bingewatching everything that aired up to that point. The resemblances (in many aspects) to Homestuck, the great cast of characters and the amount of attention to detail the show sort of hooked me, and I've been keeping up with the show and its emotional rollercoaster ever since. And it's never stopped being amazing, to be honest. Definitely would love to see where on Earth (or rather, Homeworld) it's going now...

Bingewatched seasons 1-5 a few weeks ago after being critical for about three years. Genuinely one of the best cartoons I've ever watched, along with Gravity Falls. Sure, you've still got those episodes, but they're inevitable in cartoons. Overall, absolutely love the show

I love Steven Universe to a tee!
It has a great cast of characters, interesting plot-points, and adorable art (and don't even get me started on the backgrounds made by Steven Sugar! The guy is a f***ng art genius!)
Even though I totally wasn't surprised about the whole Rose Quarts shtick (I totally knew it the whole time. I just didn't predict the scenario, if that makes sense (trying to be as vague as possible for those who haven't seen the latest episodes)).
Though, to be honest, I don't like some of the humans, Sadie and Ronaldo being the two I despise. But whatever, that's just my opinion.

I would totally recommend the series to anybody who is interested!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I do enjoy it, it's one of the few series on Cartoon network and TV in general that I am willing to tolerate, but the hiatuses keep me from being consistently interested, but I do recommend it.