• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region Sign Ups

Welcome to the Froena Region, a smaller region that, until now has been uninhabited. It's ocean waters are plagued with very aggressive water types, turbulent currents, and year round storms, making it a very difficult area for explorers to touch ground on. This roleplay takes places one year after the events of Sun and Moon.

The Froena region is very diverse in climates so every know species of pokemon is available, if in small numbers. Recently, the pokemon professors for all seven regions, frustrated by their inability to reach the little known region, worked together to scrape together enough money to build a vessel that could safely make the travel. They each recruited three trainers and gave them each a pokemon, a fist aid kit, and two weeks worth or rations and pokemon food. Each trainer also has a small, waterproof messenger that can send small, typed reports to the professors as well as S.O.S. signals and messages to the other trainers.

Map:
Rp-Map-706069705

Key:
Yellow= Desert
Yellow-Green= Plains/Grassland
Yellow-Green with Blue mixed in= Swamp
Green= Forest
Dark Green= Jungle
Light Blue= Ocean
Bright Blue= Lake
Reddish-Brown= Mountains
Red Capped Mountains= Volcanoes
White: Snow/Tundra

1. Follow all Pokecharms rules, of course
2. Only have one pokemon to start, please
3. All characters must be at least 18 years old as this is a very dangerous journey
4. As the journey is very dangerous, more adult scenes, risks, and situations are allowed
5. Romance is allowed, encouraged even, but do not go further that making out
6. Alola forms are not available as those pokemon adapted to the climate in Alola. Also, unfortunately, most Alola forms came about from human interaction which has been impossible in Froena
7. Only one fakemon of your own making per person. PM me a very detailed description regarding moves, abilities, stats it would ave in a game, description, evolution methods, the works.
8. Include a trainer card in your summary for this rp. Include the level your pokemon would be in a game so we're all on the same page with who has what moves but you can use any move your pokemon would have learned by that level; again this is only a reference point; battles and what not will be conducted in a style much more similar to the anime. Also, if you want egg moves, list your pokemon's parents. This goes for all pokemon you catch; your character doesn't have to know the parents but you as an rper must keep it in mind.
9. Use this thread for any out of character conversations or topics.
10. The characters have no access to the map or knowledge of what pokemon they can find; that is there for the player's benefit.
11. Do not have your pokemon use moves they cannot actually learn!! If you aren't sure what is or is not legal then ask or look it up!
12. No Z-moves, please. I actually like those in the games but I like the challenge of characters getting by without them.

Pokemon offered by each professor (all would be level 15 in a regular game):
Oak:
1) Oddish
Ability: Chlorophyll
2) Ponyta (TAKEN)
Ability: Flash Fire
3) Seel
Ability: Thick Fat

Elm:
1) Gligar (TAKEN)
Ability: Sand Veil
2) Sneasel (TAKEN)
Ability: Inner Focus
3) Magnemite (TAKEN)
Ability: Sturdy

Birch:
1) Seedot (TAKEN)
Ability: Early Bird
2) Beldum (TAKEN)
Ability: Clear Body
3) Makuhita
Ability: Guts

Rowan:
1) Mantyke (TAKEN)
Ability: Water Absorb
2) Shieldon
Ability: Sturdy
3) Riolu (TAKEN)
Ability: Inner Focus

Juniper:
1) Sandile (TAKEN)
Ability: Moxie
2) Foongus
Ability: Effect Spore
3) Snivy
Ability: Overgrow

Sycamore:
1) Honedge (TAKEN)
Ability: No Gaurd
2) Pancham (TAKEN)
Ability: Iron Fist
3) Swirlix (TAKEN)
Ability: Sweet Veil

Kukui:
1) Morelull (TAKEN)
Ability: Effect Spore
2) Mareanie
Ability: Merciless
3) Mudbray (TAKEN)
Ability: Stamina

1. Kadabra evolves with a Shiny Stone
  2. Machoke evolves when max friendship is reached
  3. Gravler evolves through experience; it would be level 42 in game
  4. Haunter evolves through experience; it would be level 45 in game
  5. Poliwhirl evolves into Politoed when holding the King's Rock
  6. Slowpoke evolves into Slowking while holding the King's Rock
  7. Onix evolves into Steelix while holding the Metal Coat
  8. Rhydon evolves when holding the Hard Stone
  9. Seadra evolves through experience; it would be level 46 in game
  10. Scyther evolves when holding the metal coat
  11. Electibuzz evolves with the Thunder Stone
  12. Magmar evolves with the Fire Stone
  13. Porygon evolves when holding the Up Grade
  14. Porygon 2 evolves when holding the Dubious Disc
  15. Feebas evolves through max happiness
  16. Dusclops evolves with the Dusk Stone
  17. Clampearl evolves into Huntail when holding the Deepseatooth
  18. Clampearl evolves into Gorebyss when holding the Deepseascale
  19. Boldore evolves through max happiness
  20. Gurdurr evolves through max happiness
  21. Karrablast evolves when holding the Metal Coat
  22. Shelmet can only evolve in Ruined Forests
  23. Spritzee can only evolve in Purity Woods
  24. Swirlix evolves through experience; in game it would be level 34
  25. Phantump evolves through experience; in game would be level 47
  26. Pumpkaboo evolves with the Leaf Stone

Character Form:

Name:
Hometown (from a known region):
Appearance:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Item (if any):

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Halt
Hometown (from a known region): Snowpoint, Sinnoh
Appearance: Tall, and slim built. He has red spiky hair, and is built for running.
Personality: Kind and caring. He is a good friend, but would not tolerate disrespect, and people who down grade his abilities.
Pokemon: Riolu (parents: pangaroo and lucario)
Nickname: na
Item (if any): Power Brace

Last edited:
Name: Heather Vasiliev
Hometown: Mistalton City, Unova
Appearance: Tall for a girl at 5'11," with shiny, mid-back length hair that's evidently been dyed recently from red to bright blonde. Has the physically toned body expected of a graceful dancer, but a sort of near-lanky awkwardness to her long limbs. A fairly standard pair of brown glasses sits atop her sharp hook nose, accentuating the sincerely enthusiastic smile she wears more often than not. Clothing wise, she's partial to her cozy denim jacket, and when the weather's warm, a white and black pinstripe skirt or grey leggings.
Personality: Very chipper, and methodically dedicated to her each and every task, Heather's the sort of person to take a heartfelt and honest interest in just about everyone she meets. Never knows how to ask for help, and known to overwhelm herself sometimes while forgetting the big picture. Overall very kind and for the most part confident.
Pokemon: Sandile
Nickname: Lenya
Item (if any): Dragon Fang

Last edited:
I'm new to Pokecharms so it's fine if you don't accept me. If you do, I hope my bio is okay.

My Bio:
Name: Amelia Moore

Hometown (from a known region): Nimbasa City ,Unova

Appearance:

Amelia is rather average for a lady her size, only being around 5'5 (165cm). And her weight she rather not talk about. She is a bit on the chubby side. Her skin is a pretty light caramel that tans rather well. Her honey blonde hair is medium length and goes down to her shoulders when worn down. She generally wears it in a loose, messy ponytail though. Her large eyes are bright sapphire blue with some sky blue streaks in them. She has a few freckles around her nose and under her eyes from too much time in the sun.

Outfit:
Her outfit is quite simple, being a bright red oversized hoodie she got from her older brother. The hoodie is slightly worn, but looks alright. On the back of the hoodie there is a large, slightly faded white star. There is nothing on the front of the hoodie though. She wears light blue jeans shorts, similar to the ones Hilda wears. They have a few holes from overuse. She generally wears bright red tennis shoes with white, knee length socks with navy blue stripes around the top of them. Another things is that Amelia wears big, black, thick rimmed glasses making her already big eyes, bigger.

Personality:

Amelia tries her hardest to be a extreme athlete and a super star. There is only a few problem though. One, Amelia is quite lazy and hates getting up early in the morning. Waking her up before 7 is a death sentence. But once she is up, she at least tries to be active, or at least acts like she is. Another thing is that Amelia adores greasy, junk food. She knows it's not exactly good for her but she eats it anyway. Other than those things, Amelia is extremely friendly and outgoing towards her friends, and even strangers. She has no problems talking to people she doesn't know. Just don't count on her to show up on time, she has even worse timing than Ash Ketchum. Basically, she is late to most things.

Pokemon:
Snivy

Nickname:
Stevie

Item (if any):
Miracle Seed

Last edited:
I'll submit my bios once I submit my dm to you know who and that part's approved.

On another lovely note, I guess things I don't need to worry about things being taken. c:

All forms that have been submitted are accepted :) I'm still getting settled in from work but once I do, I'll fill out my form and link the rp with the starting thread :D

Name: Asriel Dreemurr
Hometown (from a known region): Hau'oli City, Melemele Island, Alola
Appearance: Standing a tad tall at 5'9", Asriel is decently muscled and the muscles he has are well defined. His short yet thick hair is white as snow and naturally spikes up in the front. His eyes, large, round, and expressive are a bright emerald green. He wears a long sleeved green sweater that has two yellow stripes along the chest, black slacks, and white sneakers. He always makes sure to have a golden flower tucked behind one ear. He always wears a heart locket around his neck.
Personality: Sweet, shy, and emotional, Asriel is loyal and kind. However, he does go through spells whee his emotions cease to be and he is potentially dangerous during these times. He does his best to control them though. Due to this instability in his mentality, he is quite timid around other people. He's hoping the vast openess of an uninhabited region can help him with his spells somehow.
Pokemon: Mudbray
Nickname: Sleipnir
Item (if any): Quick Claw
Parents: Mudsdale and Passimian

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Anim
Hometown: Kanto Region, multiple places.
Appearance: White hair, known to wear a long red scarf. Standing at an amazing height of 6.5 feet tall, Anim's skin tone is peach, but known to be pale. His eyes are red like a ruby, he has an amulet with his original Pokemon Malamar in it, the amulet is made of 13 carrot gold. Normally I'm long jeans and a black jacket with pockets. Anim's left eye is white and has a scar on it along with a weird yellow mark on his palms of his hands.
Personality: Anim was one of the most hated in Kanto, as he was into dark and ghost types, so he is usually sad or depressed. He is also known to be evil, eerie, or his favorite feeling, Hypnoticnis, which is a feeling from being around to many hypnotic Pokemon.
Pokemon: Ponyta
Nickname: Lussie
Item (if allowed): Fire Stone
Thanks for reading this.

Ah well, i'll take my join, but I'll have to change my hometown. It's okay.

Name: Azure 'Stryund' Cendria
Hometown (from a known region): His home town would be Malie City in Alola
Appearance: He is quite long for his age, has blond hair and blue eyes. He wears a purple hoodie and black trousers, white socks and dark red shoes. He has a pair of black shades, and a blue bag.
Personality: Normally shy, but that changes when things get serious, it's almost like Mimikyu and it's ability Disguise.
Pokemon: Morellul
Nickname: Lumina
Item (if any): Nothing yet, but she will get something soon.

Yeah, couldn't decide between the pokemon. So I picked Morellul. I have no idea why but okiedokie!
1264cjp.png

Last edited:
Still getting the dm up since it's hard for me to use my phone and I'd rather wait until I get home and use my lovely computer at about 15:00 / 3:00 PM PST.

In case if anyone's curious, the time for me right now is 8:11 AM.

Also especially for @Melody-Jez, the fan made creation of mine that I am using is technically still considered a Fakemon by the staff since he's not official or anything in this variant. (His type is [type]Water[/type] [type]???[/type], and he is an official Pokémon; his second type is unknown for RP purposes and for the fact that it is denoted as ---- in my game, and I might need to keep his main weakness for his kind unknown for now since I'm 110% sure that people are going to be exploiting it the moment I disclose it...)

Name: Nostradamus B. Dammed
Hometown: Pyrite Town, Orre (only officially became a trainer in Slateport City, Hoenn)
Appearance: Cuddly, compact, and cute as a button, Nostradamus B. Dammed stands at a diminutive 4'10", and weighs in at just shy of a hundred pounds. With his long, messy bangs and soft, delicate features, Nostradamus looks like someone four years his junior, and can pass as a girl without much effort. The only thing marking his actual age are the bags beneath his eyes. Having lived in two tropical regions, the boy tends to favor light clothing, that allows a fair bit of breathing room, including board shorts, cropped tops, and even skirts.
Personality: A quirky, little fellow with a serious overthinking problem, and a propensity towards superstitions. Despite being rather odd and spacey, to the point that of almost always acting casual, Nostradamus is a fairly friendly individual, who tries to get along with whomever he meets.

Pokemon: Beldum
Nickname: March
Item: King's Rock

Last edited:
A bit of a noob question here, but how do you add a trainer card to your summary as it instructs in the rules? Maybe I'm just blind, but I've been skimming through options with no dice.

Cope the image of your trainer card and paste it into your summary. If you hover over your avatar, there should be a signature option where you can do so :)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OMG asriel dreemurr? YES! But now I have to make of an undertale name for the character I’m making tomorrow. I KNOW! I’ll be W.D. Gaster!

Hehehehe yes :) And thank you, Cosmic for getting my huge reference! :D I have just recently discovered Undertale and Asriel is my favorite character there.

Uh, the professors gave us some medicine and via the messaging system, we can request more. But food, rest, and tender loving care will heal most knocked out mons. Getting a mega bird in to deliver a few things is no problem. Getting people in to do in depth research on the ground is the hard part.

Name: Spade Fox
Hometown (from a known region): New Bark Town (Johto)
Appearance: Spade is a tall slender pale female, with a black crop-top and slate colored jeans. Her hair is split down the middle with the left side being black and the right side being white. She has violet eyes and knee high black boots.
Personality: Spade is cold, she hates almost anyone she meets but if you get on her good side she will protect you with all she can.
Pokemon: Sneasel |Parents: Weavile and Sandslash (Alolan)|
Nickname: Tailgate
Item (if any): Razor Claw

Well looks like I'm following you now @Glaceon trainer

Oh also I can't see the map, its just an X'd out picture for me :1

Last edited:
Accepted but up the age. :) and that's troubling. Did anyone else have this issue? I'll post the link to the deviant art page later so you can see it. If that fails please tell me!

I just thought that meant that the map was still a WIP. I can be pretty dumb. So yeah, I have also had that problem. On an unrelated note, do we have turn orders, or do we just post when we can? I'm still pretty new to Pokecharms, so I apologize for the newbie question!

Last edited: