• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Fire Emblem Heroes (Discussion)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My friends list for this game is lonely, so I'm wondering who else has been playing it. :)

Currently I'm on chapter 4-2, and I've been mainly been rotating between six characters: Alfonse, Anna, Sharena, Niles, Lucina, and Cordelia. My favourite character to use (and in general) is definitely Lucina. ♥ (I squeed so much when I summoned her)

Despite the starter trio being weaker than a good portion of my summoned heroes, I've been struggling to ditch them for story purposes. I'm sure I'm just making life harder for myself but it just feels wrong not dragging them along. ;_;

Beyond the main story, I've put a decent amount of orbs into upgrading my castle (currently saving up orbs for the 5th upgrade) and have been aiming to fulfill all of the various Quests/Missions. I've been doing my Special Maps daily but I'm a bit more slack with the Arena Duels (I really need to stop being lazy with them). All in all, for a F2P game it's pretty fun and I've been pleasantly surprised by how much there is to do in it. The real question, however, is how long I'll stick with it after finishing the main campaign.

I'll grab a pic of my current collection of heroes laterz, but my ID is 1242764461. Feel free to drop me a friend request! ^^

Last edited:
1515090316 is my ID so go nuts with it.

Anyway story wise I'm up to 8-3 on Normal, and I've also been working through some of the Hard and Lunatic maps for experience/orbs. The main units I've been swapping between are Robin, Anna, Maria, Marth, Palla, Nino, and Olivia. While Robin and Marth are easily the most powerful units I have, they're not my favourites - I love Olivia just because of how useful having a dancer is (plus I'm pretty fond of her from Awakening anyway), Maria because healers are actually pretty darn good (especially with Physic), Matthew less for being amazing gameplay wise (although I still love hidden weapons) and more because I just adore his character in general, and Nino, who is very physically frail but in terms of speed and damage output she's better than Robin (as a 3 star). Most of the one's I prefer using are fairly low star wise however so I'm really hoping to promote them to I can use them more often.

Generally I find the game is pretty fun - it certainly feels like Fire Emblem - so I'll probably keep playing as long as they're adding more events/story missions (which there is plenty of room to do). However there are a few problems I have with it, such as how it feels like I'm forced to use specific units because the difference between star levels is so nuts, and at the moment its pretty hard to promote a unit from say a 3 star to a 4 star unit. Its killing my enjoyment a little because there's so many characters I like that just don't have the stats to keep up in some maps. The other big problem I have is that you can't organize your units upon seeing the map. That's a massive staple of the series, and I've found in this game where the weapon triangle matters so heavily, not being able to place certain units where I want them makes some maps harder than they should be, and not in a good way. Having said that I'm really certain they're just going to keep adding to this game - they've got entire games in the series with no representation at all character wise, and considering that Gaiden is one of those games, and that the remake of it is coming out in May... yeah. Hopefully they'll add some more features as they go.

Also I vote Gunter for most badass artwork in the game, and Caeda for best looking in general. Seriously some of the art in this game is just *squee*

It amazes me how this game is not only relevant still, but more popular than ever before.

It's more of a love/hate relationship between FEH and I. Some days I am blessed by the RNGoddess, other weeks I get nothing on banners that have been up for a month. There is no medium to the insanity of summoning. And while I'm able to endure the occasional power creeps of formidable foes that pop up in Arena and force me back to Tier 17, it feels like some units are actually unkillable unless you spend weeks building up a team just to counter one single unit (I'm looking at you, Brave Lyn and Reinhardt).

But many of the problems that plagued the app since launch have been fixed, and it's amazing how I was able to tolerate the shit Heroes did to me. Because of that, it has become something beautiful.

Except the whales that have max merged Ayras with Distant Counter. KILL THEM ALL.

9501289468 is mah ID

So, are you guys excited for the upcoming summoning event with an 8% focus 5 star rate? If so, who do you want (and how much are you willing to spend)?

Personally my priorities are Bride Cordelia, Ayra, and Hector. I've already got Brave Lyn, Genny (I really want to build her now with the staff buff), Celicia, and Deidre, so I'd be happy to pull them again. And while I'm not that into Spring Camilla or Ike, I still wouldn't mind them. The blue units, unfortunately, I probably won't be summoning for. I only have 3 5 Star blue units - M-Robin, Abel, and my husbando Oscar - and I'd love more, but with a guaranteed Fjorm and Spring Xander being not that great I think I'll pass.

As for how much I'm willing to spend, I'm going to try to keep it low. With these Tempest Trials coming up I'm planning on getting all the orbs from that in the week before the summoning event (Trust me, I have the stamina potions to do it), and trying to get through some more chain challenges so hopefully I'll be ready. I like being able to eat, you know?

... Also, can we have those warriors maps back? >> SP grinding is tedious.

Remember when Takumi was a formidable threat?

I remember. He is still the meta man in my heart.

That being said...I don't actually use him all that much? Sure, he's mostly kitted, buuuuut he has bad IVs. And also I submitted to the dreaded...Horse Emblem. Brave Lyn, Sigurd (Used to be Camus- I was lucky enough to grab him earlier this year, but Xander I got unlucky on), Cecilia, and Ursula (Who are decked out with Bladetomes). I actually want to swap over to Armor Emblem sooner or later, but I need 20,000 feathers to up Effie to 5 stars.

At the same time I'm working on a pet project of some subpar units, mainly Niles and M!Corrin. Both are, as I mentioned, subpar, but are still both worthy candidates of receiving skills. Niles tanks Mr. Dire Thunder and twenty other mages and his Iceberg is also great. Maybe if I pull a Celica on this upcoming banner...DD3 on him seems nice. Not sure what to do with Corn though. I gave him Darting Blow and Swordbreaker to kill certain powercreeped sword users. I'm a little salty Yato isn't upgradable. What to do for C skill...

I'm hyped for Tempest Trials. Not only do I have two 40% users (B!Ike and Lute), Joshua looks amazing as a sword user, and 40+ orbs. Aww yeah. I've just been super lucky lately...So I can't wait until I get a 100% blue orb batch and I pull Spring Xander and Bridal Caeda :) I'm aiming for Hector and S!Camilla, and maybe some reds and greys on the side. I ain't touching blue unless I absolutely have to.
And...
... Also, can we have those warriors maps back? >> SP grinding is tedious.
I second this. Please IS, please have like a chain challenge training stratum or something just snuck in, it's pure pain level and SP grinding

Yeah I got unlucky too :/ I saved 130 orbs and pulled Celicia after 60 orbs (who I already have with better stats), and Deirdre on my last orb (again, already have her better). To be fair, just before Deirdre I pulled a +SPD -HP Ayra, so I'm pretty happy with that, but this has been far from my best summoning session.

I'm thinking any other orbs I use I'll probably just go for colourless after this (I want Bride Cordelia dammit).

Edit: Add into my pulls another Deirdre and Spring Camillia (+ATK -SPD). No Cordelia for me sadly.

Last edited:
Well...155 Orbs down the drain. At least I don't feel guilty, because I really don't care for the upcoming units.
Those 155 Orbs netted me 1 Deirdre and 1 Celica. And that Celica At least I didn't have them yet, and I might sack Celica to Niles for DD3. The only units I really wanted were Hector and S!Camilla...Sometimes I'm glad I don't have money that's on a card, because I really just wanted to shell out money for orbs. Oh well, my luck was great before, so it makes sense that I'd fall eventually. Judging from the subreddit a lot of people are getting pretty unlucky with these pulls.

Attractive as this banner is, I really want to get back to hoarding orbs given the results. I already have 3! Just 152 more to go towards recovery! Ha...ha...ha.

By the way, forgot to include my Friend ID before! Here it is- 2470451715 under the same name as here.

Two Bridelias and another Fjorm is my total so far for this event, I bought some orbs as well. I was hoping to get Genny and Ayra too, but it could be a lot worse.

I'm surprised I missed this thread when it first arrived. Because I was unsurprisingly hooked on this game the day it launched. It was a simplification of the standard Fire Emblem formula that works. Pulling magic back into the combat triangle by creating 3 types of magic worked in a simple yet effective way. And not to mention the overload of nostalgia shown by giving long forgotten allies of past games new life. And it is a gift that keeps giving, with updates that add even more heroes to the fray. I made some old friends through this game, like Ephiram, and made some new ones, like Hector.

The main thing that drags me down with this game is how repetitive it can end up being. Checking in for a few minutes a day is how I play most of my mobile games. You can't do that with Fire Emblem, you have 99 stamina that recharges so fast that you might just restore it faster than you spend it. And with an overabundance of free stamina potions, and the arena which didn't even use stamina, you could end up with your face glued to the screen for hours. It got bad enough that I had to take a break from the game over the Summer.

I only came back to this game a few days ago, when I got wind of Book 2, which introduced a new chapter to the story, arrived. And I'm glad I came back when I did, I somehow managed to get four 5-stars (2 that were mandatory, 2 that were from random summons), and that's not counting the extra 2 I was able to promote to 5-star. And with just enough time to nab myself a 4-star Joshua, who I think is going to become another favourite of mine. Just have to accept I can't do everything I can everyday so I don't burn out again.

On the 8% banner, I got a +Def -Atk Ayra. Slapped a Summoner Support, Fury, Threaten Spd, and Ardent Sacrifice on her, and she's a permanent member of my team.

My other main offense team members are Fjorm, B!Ike, and B!Lyn.

So...how do you feel about the copious amonts of alts added? I mean, it's kinda ridiculous to me. I would much rather have new characters than alternates. It all started with Zelgius- I mean, he was there to one up Black Knight, but whatever. I didn't mind him that much. Then...Gleipnir Eirika? Why? I mean, I'm not against it, but I would've loved to have Cormag or Duessel instead. Knoll as well, even if he was a pretty terrible unit and not incredibly popular, just for Gleipnir.

Then Fallen Heroes, which introduces 1 unit not in the game. 2 if you include Grima. I like the concept, but still...more alts, right after a seasonal banner. And most recently, the branded king, which gave us two Morgans, a Chrom alt, and Gerome. From a game that has so many units missing from heroes, especially children.

In any case I hope whatever banner is next (not seasonal) has all original units. I'm sick of alts, no matter what game it's from.

Well that's the thing about mobile games, they have to cash in on popularity. If what's on isn't popular, people aren't out trying to get them, so gameplay, as well as sales, slumps. While it would be great to get Dussel and Cormag, or even Saleh, this is all coming from a Sacred Stones fan. For most other people, they just don't care, Sacred Stones is apparently incredibly dull when compared to Blazing Blade. People will ultimately be more happy to get another Lyndis over a crusty-beard Gunter. Honestly, I'm just glad they finally got around to adding Gerome (to be featured in the Tempest Trial) and the Morgans. There's a pretty good chance they'll follow this trend and bring in the Kanas along with some of the other child characters (COME TO ME PERCY).

The beastshifters have been noticeably lacking. I did notice an icon for the manaketes under the Falchion listing, but it was colourless, like for bows and staves. Now I don't know of any dragons that are in that category yet, but it is a glaring spot in the meta that could easily be filled by the Taguel or the Laguz, or one of the other beastkin that have populated more recent games. If my hunch is right, then we may be getting Kaden and Keaton in a month or two.

I just beat him on Hard, going to try Lunatic a little later to see if this strategy works. The Kana map requires baiting units out of the fortress spots. Have a tough unit stand on the bridge to start AI aggression (one that can counter the manakete and the ranger. Fjorm is a good choice), then pull back and let them come to you. None of them can fly, so you can take advantage of their bottleneck to lure out range units to attack melee units that can't fight back. They will end up blocking Kana himself from moving up, which means you can ignore him until he's the last one standing.

So I just unlocked Weapon Refinery and I need to ask, why can’t I refine Beserk Armad for my LA Hector?

Only certain weapons can be refined, much less personal weapons. Most basic weapons aside from Brave Weapons and Blade Tomes have a refine, but they are basic, only +Mt or +Def and all that. There ARE a few personal refines, including...
Eirika
Ephraim
Lloyd
Soren
Leo
Takumi
Camilla
Caeda
Hinoka
Jeorge
Felicia
Zephiel
Jaffar
Lyn (The Sword one)
Male Corrin
...And of others I'm missing. Also, if a hero has a stronger variant of a weapon- such as Divine Tyrfing, Divine Naga, Blazing Durandal, Sealing Falchion, and Berserk Armads, their weapons can be upgraded into that variant. LA!Hector gets no such love because his weapon is godly already and giving it a further buff is ridiculous. A few last things...Dragons and Healers are scary now due to their refines (Which are inherit Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff, and Dragonstones target the lower defensive stat rather than Res) and a ton of heroes got personal weapons to make them better units overall, such as Camilla, Felicia, Caeda, and Clair.

So guys, what is your favourite unit that you’ve built?

17371FCB-02F4-4C53-93C6-8947B650BB45.png

Here’s mine! She also has Slaying Lance +DEF, and Steady Breath if I need her to be even crazier. I’m so happy with her (and so desperate to +10 her), she’s so tanky she just shrugs off pretty much everything. And at this merge level her attack isn’t even that terrible, although Ignis really helps. After this I’m probably going to work on a Dragon Emblem team, and also +10ing my Cecelia.

Gotta say, I really enjoy merging units like this but god the feather cost is so high it’s so frustrating how long it takes.

B1E804C3-AB27-4839-B144-3B0D0AF07FE3.png

That's pretty cool! Gwendolyn is quite good at high merges, and pretty much matches Effie in strength by that time. Sweet pull, I lucked out in a similar way with getting three consecutive 5 Stars (Leo, Leif, and Ares) on the Genealogy banner. Crazy that they demoted Ares.

Working on this wonderful man, as I previously stated.

SUI6h69.png

He's quite clearly nowhere near finished, and he hasn't been used as much as I'd like to, but he's tanky enough to have tanked some mages on the Julius Infernal map. I hope he gets a new weapon soon, he would really appreciate it, but the Guard Bow is super great on him. He'll probably get Desperation and a Brave Bow to help him be a sweeper at times he needs to be.

I concur with the feather statement though. I have feathers in reserve right now for whenever I snag another Niles. If I'm lucky they'll throw out a banner with him on it.

So far I haven't spent money this year, whew. Saving orbs for (I hope) the return of some Winter Armors in the next Legendary Banner. I got Halloween Jakob during the last one and gave him Close Counter and the Guard Bow and my ward armor team is ridiculous. lol

so funny story about the legendary Ryoma Banner

I went in trying to get Ryoma, I managed to somehow get a red 5-stars on my very first free summon, but it was Sigurd and not Ryoma...
After many more summons, I finally got another red 5-stars, but it was Tiki and not Ryoma...

So, Linus is going to be released and I'm drooling all over his... stats. Yes, his stats. Nothing else >> But seriously, he's really good for a free-to-play unit and I wouldn't mind building him but, he's also easy access to Brazen Attack/Speed... So I'm torn over whether to build him and get as many merges as possible, or fodder him off for his skills. Do any of you guys have any plans for him, or are you unsure/apathetic?

Rip Canas, you didn't die, you were murdered by IS.

Edit: I just decided to summon, and I pulled Legault (+SPD -DEF), Ike (+SPD - HP), and Karla (+SPD -DEF) in 20 GOD DAMN ORBS. I don't know how I did that, but wow. Please demote Legault, please, I really want to +10 him.

Last edited:
@Rohan Kishibe Jump on Gamepress, search for the hero you want to check, and it will list their possible stat variations at level 1 and level 10 unmerged with no skills (although you can include default weapon if you want). Compare it against the stats of your own hero to figure out what their boon and bane is. There's also an IV calculator on the same site if that's easier for you to use.

Last edited:
130+ Orbs in...nothing. Not even a Niles merge. I feel burned.

Chose Hector as my free pick. I know Veronica is undoubtly going to be used in many a f2p strategy but I needed a solid Lance unit, and I didn't exactly have DC Effie lying around (I instead used that on Lil Summer Tiki...who I haven't even used all that much. >_<) Hopefully I can get her or someone off this bloody banner. Then I'm pulling out.

In other news, Genealogy is getting another banner soon. Jamke and his map were datamined. Not Jamke himself oddly, just his GHB image.

So I'd saved up 200 F2P orbs and managed to get +SPD -DEF Ephiram (aka the worst nature possible), and +ATK -SPD Celica. Haven't used my guaranteed summon yet. And honestly I'm pretty happy because I'm madly in love with Gaiden Celica and I just want as many of her as possible to merge her up so I can have a team called Alm's Harem with him and three different Celica's so I can run around quading with Firesweep Sword or Wu Dao and Flashing Blade or something nuts like that. I'm probably going to save up orbs until the last day of the banner then go again trying to snipe for Celica, then hopefully grab whoever I'm missing at the end with my free summon.

In other news, I need more feathers. I have so many merging projects I want to work on and the feather requirements are still driving me nuts. I'm working on Cordelia (+3) and Cecilia (+7), with Nowi, Priscilla, Caeda, Oscar, Legault, and Reinhardt on the waiting list. Just, help me.

Well, got burned by a Takumi (This is my like...third one. At least I have CC fodder around now) but I got Veronica in the end!

What do you guys think about those Duel skills? A terrible direction for the games to go in or a good way to improve old units? I mean, the game can't decide if it's Anti-Dragon and Armor (L!Marth, various Anti-Armor weapons) or Pro-Dragon and Armor (Garon and L!Tiki...who is also anti-dragon). Also Abyssal difficulty and ridiculous reinforcement maps, with their pumped up stats?

I've been still working on some other projects...mostly Niles/Corrin. Corrin is nuts with the new Yato. Really tanky, speedy. Just eradicates. Niles is also a delete button for mages, so that's nice.

Duel skills are... weird really. Essentially they're a way to pay (probably a lot) to use units you actually like and score high in arena with them, at the cost of their A slot. Considering that they're specific to weapon and colour type, and are probably going to be on only 5* units, they're pretty much whale bait to me and don't do a lot to actually fix the arena. I think it would be better to either make them sacred seals and release them as tempest trial rewards so that other people have more of a chance of competing in higher arena tiers, or rework how arena scores are calculated to be less BST dependant.

As for Abyssal... well me and my mostly F2P ass can't always keep up, but there's really no incentive to anyway considering all you get from completing it (bragging rights aside) is a gold accessory. Maybe if the rewards were better I'd bother trying to keep up, but right now they aren't worth the headache.

Since we're all complaining here, let's also talk about the loli dragon apocalypse. Are any of you guys worried about insane powercreep considering L!Tiki's 180 BST and H!Myrrh's 179? To me these guys just feel indicative of a bigger gap between those who are willing to whale and those who aren't. It won't effect you too much if you're not worried about arena, but if you care and don't have a large disposable income it's probably going to really hurt you.

I like the idea of Duel Skills being TT Rewards or Seals, probably the best and most f2p friendly way of going around it while the Megawhales can go around with their minmaxed H!Myrrhs and L!Tikis. But I like the idea of Arena being adjusted in a way where you don't have to shell out so much to even have a chance of keeping up. Bonus heroes are one thing, but they keep introducing these weird adjustments that don't really benefit the game or the players. Like how now you need to get kills with your bonus hero- what was the point, so you'd pull for the newer and stronger ones? It's weird.

Speaking of, yeah...H!Myrrh and L!Tiki introduce a level of powercreep comparable to the original brave hero batch. Both are limited in availability, can reach BSTs of 180 (Myrrh has a "superboon" that gives her +4 as opposed to +3 in Atk) and are incredibly powerful units. They are tier 21 bait, through and through. A way to attain those bragging rights. And they also serve as an example of how IS is willing to speed their progresses, however "baitish" they may be.

But I'm glad we got a seasonal Niles. That's nice. He's the fastest archer in the game...and is an armored unit. I guess we shouldn't question it.