• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

FIRST COMPETITIVE TEAM! NEED HELP!

This is my first comp. team, and I need help. I have no ideas on they're EV's so, yeah. This is what I have atm.

385.png

Jirachi - The Wish Maker
@ Focus Sash
Ability; Serene Grace
Nature; Gentle
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
-Wish

I think Jirachi is okay. It has = Att + SpA. I think I can think of a better moveset though, with something Physical. Items can be changed.

143.png

Snorlax - The Sleepy Head
@ Leftovers
Ability; Thick Fat
Nature; Jolly? Adamant
-Seed Bomb
-Outrage
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Could be worked on.

6.png

Charizard - The LIZARD!
@ ?
Ability; Blaze
Nature; Modest
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Will-O-Wisp

index.php

Kingdra - The Sea Horse Dragon!
@ ?
Ability; Sniper
Nature; Rash/Modest
Muddy Water
Dragon Pulse
Toxic
Flash Cannon

Breloom - The MushROOM!
@ Toxic Orb
Ability; Poison Heal
Nature; Adamant
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break
-Toxic
-Rock Slide

Aggron - The ?
@ ?
Ability; Rock Head
Nature; ?
-Double Edge
-Iron Head
-Dragon Rush
-Iron Defense

Damn, I know I suck at movesets.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Easy on the all-caps mah boi.

- Jirachi is currently banned from play here (I say "currently" as a very loose term since there's a vote taking place to unban it) so I'd be aware of that and make sure you have a potential replacement if the vote goes against it. Anyway, Jirachi doesn't really need the Sash with its Base 100 HP and defenses, so it can do away with that for one thing. Your nature is pretty poor since it boosts your Sp.Defense and drops your Defense - not helpful for anything really. Your moveset isn't that good either, since Draco Meteor is quite wasted on Jirachi and your moveset lacks any real direction to it. I'd think carefully about what you want Jirachi to do for you, and then go from there - Jirachi's versatility is immense, so you'll definitely want an idea of what you want it to do before making your moveset.

- Snorlax has the right idea, although I hope for your sake its nature isn't Jolly since that's one of the worst natures you could have for it - Adamant is much better though, and highly recommended. Rest/Sleep Talk works, but Outrage + Seed Bomb doesn't - the most optimal combination is probably Body Slam + Crunch or Fire Punch for your attacks.

- 'Zard doesn't really want Roost since it negates Blaze - 'Zard can only make the most of its power if it is damaged, and healing him negates this somewhat. Fire Blast is an alternative over Flamethrower if you want more power, although if you're especially unlucky with accuracy Flamethrower will be the better option. Will-O-Wisp is a good move, but 'Zard will want to stick by offense for the most part since your nature works well with your special attacks. I'd go with Substitute + Petaya/Salac Berry for a third move and hold item, and anything out of Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast, or if you have a good type for it, Hidden Power for the final moveslot.

- Kingdra NEEDS Swift Swim - although it can perform without it, it's so much better with it to use for a rain setup so that it can outspeed foes, boost its STAB Water attacks and begin to cause chaos. Hydro Pump tends to be the preferred Water-type attack on Kingdra due to the massive boosts it'll receive from rain + STAB, Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse work for Dragon STAB, Toxic can stay on Kingdra since it does work OK on it, and Rain Dance is obvious. You'll definitely want to rebreed for Swift Swim to make the most out of Kingdra here.

- Your Breloom is missing by far the best move in its arsenal: Spore. Unfortunately, it only gets this move as a Shroomish, which unfortunately will now require another rebreed if you want to get the most out of this Pokemon. Unlike Kingdra though, Breloom still performs to a high standard without the move (Kingdra sinks into mediocrity without Swift Swim and Rain Dance in comparison) but nowhere near as well without it. Toxic is a poor replacement since Breloom's defenses are pretty mediocre - it could probably use Mach Punch in that slot to cover up for its very mediocre Speed stat and revenge-kill faster opponents. Otherwise, your set's good.

- Aggron could do with Protect to scout out the Fighting and Ground-type offense that is often single-handedly responsible for wasting him every time he shows up. Since you have no-one else available besides possibly Jirachi to use Stealth Rock, Aggron could probably do it for you. Stone Edge/Iron Head + Earthquake would be nice coverage attacks for you - if you have HG/SS, you could re-breed for Head Smash and combine it with Rock Head to remove its recoil whilst still having an extremely powerful STAB attack.

Overall, what you have isn't bad, but it's going to need a fair bit of fine-tuning before it ends up good. You may want to think carefully about what you want each Pokemon to do and go from there.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Celebi is currently banned since no major Western event has been made for it, which essentially gives any Celebi-user away as being a hacker. It'll likely get a vote put up, like Jirachi, to potentially unban it when it becomes available here.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
No, it means Celebi is not widely available to the USA or the UK as a whole.