• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Flower Gift, Flower Gift... - Pokemon Trainer Academy RP (DISCUSSION THREAD)

What country/area would you like to see the next Pokemon Region be based off of out of these?

• Total voters
eni.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They say Gracerise City is where Cherrim comes from, what with all the blossoms around.
A common belief around town is that if you find a Cherrim in the winter, comfort it, care for it, and make a wish that is pure of heart, then come spring, that wish will come true.
Many wish for love, some for bliss, for adventure, for wonder, for the betterment of others...
For Madame Pivoine, the founding mother of the city in the then-never-mapped Southern Kalos, her wish was to have a place to educate future generations about the wonders of the creatures known as Pokemon... ...
"Flower Gift, Flower Gift, grant me a wish...
I cared for you, o Cherrim, so please grant me this...
To teach the future of your wonder, to see them admire...
That, dear Cherrim, is my one true desire..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello all~! It's me, Hisseki.

This is a Pokemon Trainer Academy RP, set in the fanmade Gracerise City in Southern Kalos. Trainers far and wide send their children here to learn about Pokemon, about their capabilities, about their grandeur, about how to properly raise them, and about how they are sure to be your best friends when you set out on your Pokemon journey, be it to be a Trainer, a Breeder, a Coordinator, a Performer, or anything your heart desires!

THIS IS THE DISCUSSION THREAD. THE RP THREAD IS HERE.

As with every RP, this has a set of rules that must be followed.
  1. Obviously, follow the standard Pokemon RP Rules (Here's a link if you haven't read them. They are super important, and there's a reason they are here!)
  2. This RP will have a limited number of spots and will be a turn-based RP. I might make exceptions when it comes to people joining, but that is a very low chance. If you want to join, make a response telling me this before spending time making a character, only to find your spot has been taken.
  3. This RP is turn-based. If you must skip your turn, by all means, that is fine. Be sure to notify the others via this thread so the next person may respond. There will be a 5-day time limit for responses. If you do not respond within 5 days of the last response, your turn will be skipped. This number may change, I'm a bit flexible on that, but I am not removing this time limit.
  4. Responses should be at least two paragraphs worth. They don't have to be novels, but a few sentences won't cut it. If your response is only dialogue, then either find some way to add some other details or just leave it as is. Dialogue only posts should not be common, however. Not against the rules, but not every post.
  5. Just because this is set in Kalos doesn't mean your partner can't be from elsewhere. Kanto to Alola, baby~! Any one you're wanting, that's the one you're getting~!
  6. That being said, this is an academy for those just starting out, those who wish to start, or those who have started and aren't very far, not for veterans in Pokemon traveling and companionship. Your partner cannot be something evolved. For example, a Bounsweet or a Seviper would be fine partners, considering they are not evolved/don't evolve. However, a Bronzong or a Grotle would not work, as they are both evolved Pokemon.
  7. ... ... Also no Megas... or Z-Moves... kay?... Kay.
  8. It is already stated in the Pokemon RP Rules, but I just want to emphasize. No legendaries or mythicals. None at all. Also, if you REALLY want a shiny Pokemon THAT badly, ask me via PM. I may say no, and you should be willing to accept that.
  9. Just because this academy if for those starting out their Pokemon adventures, one might assume they need to make their characters 10 or 11 (or 15, in the case of Bill and Rosa from BW2... I think... don't quote me on that.) This, however, is not the case. You don't have to make your character 10 or 11. They can be anywhere from 10 to even 18, 19, or 20! They can even be a bit younger than 10! This being said, however, be reasonable with your character's age. A three-year-old from Johto is not going to be sent without a parent to stay at an academy in Kalos with - by comparison - older people.
  10. There will be NPCs. Unless specified by me, these NPCs are under my control. Please don't puppeteer them. Also, if you have an idea for an NPC that isn't already existing (say you have an idea for a class and that class needs a teacher or something,) PM me with the idea by filling out the character form. If I like it, it will be included as a character that the person who had the idea can control.
  11. Try to include everyone, this should be a given. I myself may be guilty of this crime, but I would honestly hate to see someone drop out of this RP because their character is being flat out ignored.
  12. If I refuse your character application, I will give a reason as to why. Rather than getting frustrated or thinking that you blew your one and only chance, relax and reread my post. That reason why I refuse your character will most likely - if not definitely - be fixable. If you sincerely wish to participate, please simply fix it... and don't blow a fuse.
  13. Character romance is approved, and even encouraged! That being said, nothing over-the-top. Think of the children, people... think of the children.
  14. No gore. No death. No bloodbaths. Not gonna tolerate that. This is a Pokemon RP, not a Fallout or AoT/SnK RP. Injuries are fine, I guess, just don't go overboard with it. Again, think of the children. (If you got this far, then in the final section of the character app, answer this: What is the one and only ability Cherubi can know?)
  15. Please keep swearing to a minimum. I'm fine with it personally, but two things are causing me to put this here. One: I don't want a character swearing like a sailor. Think of the children... again... again. Two: I don't want the mods to be angry with you or myself. Rule of thumb, if you have to ask yourself "Would Stellar be mad if I said this?" then chances are you should re-word it.
  16. These rules are open to modification if I need to change something. I will notify everyone if a rule must be changed.

This is where the accepted NPC's and their creators will go.
- Madame Pivoine, created by @Hisseki
-

There is currently no spots left. Do not ask to join.
1. @Littleblue
Name: Nikki Irving
Nickname(s): Strawberry, by some
Romantic Orientation: Homosexual
Personality:
Nikki tends to be fairly quiet, keeping her voice to herself and rather not speak in front of those whom she does not know. Her brain works like cogs though, and she is extremely good at problem solving and quick thinking, which makes up for her lack of communication skills and coordination. In front of those whom she trusts, her sparse friends, Nikki ends up being more vocal and willing to express her complex thoughts. Due to the way she was raised, Nikki is afraid of many Pokémon, and cannot, or will not, make any attempt to communicate with any other Pokémon besides her own. That, also, is the way she figures out what Pokémon to place on her team- if she can talk to them, they're a keeper. Her values are weak as well, and Nikki has a hard time trying to decipher what is wrong and what's right in many moral situation, rather, she will argue with the participants in the issue to persuade them to explain to her why they think they're right. In her heart, she wishes to be more determined, although her positive outlook on life balances out her negatives.

Appearance:
Bright red, long hair that has a hint of brown when not exposed to the sun. Her long hair is usually Dutch braided loosely across the left side of her head until all of her hair is gathered into a fishtail braid over her left shoulder. Normally she'll wear a long sleeved, denim jacket that reaches mid waist with black jeans and light brown, tall boots. She has a cream scarf and similarly colored Pom hat.

Hobbies:
Writing, Reading, Daydreaming, and she's very talented in Ice Skating
Quiet places with nobody around, time, nature, and the beauty in life.
Dislikes:
Loud noises, Fire type Pokémon, and disturbance in everyday life
Goal:
She wants to travel the world as a wandering trainer who gifts young beginners with Starting Pokémon- a Pokémon professor of sorts

Relationship Status: Interested, but none
Hometown and Region: Dendemille, Kalos

Partner: Togepi
Partner Name: Cirrus
Partner Gender: Female
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: She likes to carry Nikki's bag and cheer up her trainer, though she ends up causing much trouble.

Entry Ticket: Chlorophyll
2. @spookyscary
Name: Yuni
Nickname(s): None
Romantic Orientation: Aromantic
Personality: Yuni loves to talk and meet new people, and will often try to be the first to do exactly that. She is also naive and gullible, as well as a sore loser. She is very kind and loves to learn.
Appearance: Yuni is pretty tall for her age, with fair, light skin, and hazel eyes. Her hair is long, wavy, and dark brown. She has a medium build, so she is not too feminine nor masculine. Yuni usually wears a lavender sweater and jeans, as well as boots.
Hobbies: She likes grooming her Pokémon and raising young baby Pokémon, as well as battling, of course, aside from that, technology-related activities are a huge hobby of hers as well as reading and writing short stories.
Likes: Anything that looks cool, Dragon-Types, Pokémon in general... being the center of attention, reading, writing.
Dislikes: Rude people, being ignored, losing.
Goal: Yuni wants to become a Gym Leader and learn all about Dragon Types.
Relationship Status: Uninterested in romance, so none
Hometown and Region: Vermillion City, Kanto
Other: N/A

Partner:
Dratini
Partner Name: Merlin
Partner Gender: Male
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Often hides in Yuni's bag or somewhere else and is quite shy.
3. @DullDeity
Name: Patrick Westing
Romantic Orientation: Heteroromatic
Personality: Patrick is an intelligent and cautious man, with a lot of respect for authority. He is timid and shy around new people but is not opposed to making new friends. He is curious, he lacks wisdom, and he is easily angered. He is a perfectionist and competitive, especially in academic environments, which causes him to rub people the wrong way. He loves the school environment and is comitted to any academic pursuits, which causes him to have a one track mind. However, his laziness usually halts his academic progress, and he is a big fan of procrastination.
Appearance: Patrick has a pale complexion, with freckles and pimples decorating his face. He has short jet-black hair, and dull blue eyes. He is slightly taller than the average teen, with a slightly larger build than most, which is mostly due to fat. He is committed to a casual dress code, denim jeans with an unbranded grey shirt. He wears white socks with an old pair of sneakers, which have seen better years.
Hobbies: Reading, studying Pokémon, playing with his Phanpy
Likes: School or anything else in the realm of academia, Pokémon battling, Pokémon research
Dislikes: Losing, Disrespect, Even the slightest amount of failure or inadequacy
Goals: To meet and collect notes on every Pokémon in the world, his own personal Pokédex
Relationship Status: Single
Hometown and Region: Goldenrod City, Johto

Partner: Phanpy
Partner Name: Phanpy (Patrick isn't one for nicknames)
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Phanpy can often be seen walking besides Patrick
4. @DragonFlye
Name: Adrian Summers
Romantic Orientation: Homoromantic
Personality: He is fairly laid-back and amiable, preferring to referee and watch people battle rather than participate himself, and rarely becomes angered. If he does, it is usually because of an injustice done to himself or someone that he cares about. On the other hand, his peaceful personality can be to the point of laziness and irresponsibility, and though he is social and enjoys making friends, he is not particularly ambitious.
Appearance: He has wavy blond hair that covers his ears and forehead and green eyes, with a youthful face that gives the impression of innocence. He is lean (some would even say in a feminine way) and on the tall side of average. He wears a long-sleeved, unmarked, black V-neck shirt and fitting dark blue jeans. He also wears a pair of simple, silver stud earrings in his ears. During a performance, he wears a suit with a neat white shirt and long, black tailcoat. His appearance makes him appear somewhat androgynous, though he doesn't mind most of the time, unless someone makes fun of him for it.
Hobbies: Playing the guitar, grooming his Pokémon
Likes: Shopping, listening to any type of music, sweet foods, meeting new people
Dislikes: Arguments, stressful situations, waking up early
Goal: He would love to be a Contest Coordinator or Performer.
Relationship Status: Currently single
Hometown and Region: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Trainer Card: Closest sprite I could find, but...
490465_trainercard-Adrian_S..png

Other
:

Partner: Petilil
Partner Name: Lyric
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: She likes to dance when she hears music, especially when Adrian plays his guitar. She is fairly quirky and a clutz at times, but Adrian would say that this is part of her charm. She often likes to perch in his hair and on his shoulder.
5. @Ry_Burst
Name: Caleb Sawyer
Nickname(s): N/A
Romantic Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Caleb is a kind young man, who has a knack for battling. He is quick to act, and often follows his instincts, without thinking things through. He is reckless, and often does things that would help others by risking his own safety. Caleb is hot-blooded and can gets into fights easily. He is best described as an average Leroy Jenkins, but who tries his hardest and works with what he's got in battles. If things don't go his way, he doesn't pout, but stead tries to find another way. He has a huge appetite and could easily eat a lot in one sitting. He is very lively and energetic, while he has a strong belief that in life, you shouldn't receive things, but instead earn them.
Appearance: Caleb has spiky red hair, with amber eyes. His face has an rounded chin, and he has bangs that covers his forehead and ears. He has a peachy skin tone, with a slight tan due to his time outside. He wears a tight black v-neck t-shirt with a loose electric blue jacket that is about 6 inches in length. He wears navy blue jeans with a black belt. Laced across the belt are Pokeball hooks for storing his Pokemon. On the back of his jacket and on the buckle of his belt is a flame design that has a rounded bottom and three spikes on the upper part. He wears a pair of red converse sneakers that are well worn and dusty.
Hobbies: Eating food, training, Pokemon battling
Dislikes: People who are arrogant or get things without earning them
Goal: He wants to be a Pokemon Champion, and has worked very hard for this goal, even by spending tons of his free time training.
Relationship Status: Interested, but single
Hometown and Region: Four Island, Outside of Kanto
Trainer Card (If you want, this is optional):

Partner: Magby
Partner Name: Mags
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Much like his trainer, and loves to train. He acts tough at times, but can never stay in character. Mags can normally be found walking beside Caleb.
6. @Charlespark
Trainer Information:
Name:
His name is David Sterl.
Nickname(s): He is referred to as Dr. Sterl by some due to his vast knowledge on Pokémon care when it comes to surgery and such.
Romantic Orientation: Heteroromantic
Personality: David tends to be more on the cautious side, as he is steady like a Squirtle when it comes to work. He tends to be rather critical when it comes to mistakes, since mistakes are the bane of his life. He often attempts to do work when no one is around, since he is afraid that others may mess things up for him.
Appearance: David stands at a modest height of 5'2", as he has short, black hair that is as straight as a linear equation that one would typically see in their everyday geometry homework. He has light brown eyes, fair skin tone, and some small freckles on his cheeks. In his casual attire, Davis wears a tan fedora with a one piece 1920s era raincoat that goes over his green camp shirt and brown short sleeved trousers. He has on black leather boots that are also lace-on. When in emergency situations however, he can often be seen in his red scrubs outfit with his pale red surgeon mask that covers his mouth and nose.
Hobbies: He reads his book that he carries around and also plays with his Axew a lot; or at least tries to get him to anyway if he has not been too upset from someone harassing him.
Likes: He likes to treat other injured Pokémon and attempt to help solve their problems if he happens to come across any. He also appears to love sweets, though it does still have a limit on the scale as to how sweet it can be.
Dislikes: He detests on sour food since it can often give him a stomachache, while it may also even have other effects if consumed in large quantities. He despises battling against other trainers since he hates seeing other Pokémon becoming injured.
Goal: He wants to study more on the art of medicine and to also expand his branch to the psychology of Pokémon to better understand why his quirky Axew behaves in a certain pattern.
Relationship Status: N/A at the moment; subject to change!
Hometown and Region: Nuvema Town, Unova.
Trainer Card (If you want, this is optional): N/A (Because of the significantly different coloring that I made for the Axew.)
Other: He also carries around a black backpack that has a vast variety of medicinal items and some other miscellaneous items as well. The backpack has a picture of a blue, six pointed star that has a snake curling around a rod in the center of the star.

Partner Information:
Pokémon Partner:
Axew
Name: His name is unknown for the time being.
Age: His age is unknown, though he does look awfully young.
Ability: Rivalry (The Pokémon's potency of attacks is increased when attacking other Pokémon of the same gender, but it is reduced when it is attacking other Pokémon of the opposite gender however.)
Appearance: Axew's body is in a shade of modest purple, which includes his tapered tail. The horn on his head and the ovals around his eyes are now gray, as his tusks are yellow. The collar-like marking around his neck is dark purple, which gives off a representation of utmost malevolence when seen from a distance.
Personality: Axew has a very short temper, as he often uses force when it comes to dealing with his problems. He is very aggressive and his hot headed nature can often times steer him into trouble and more fights. He likes to have things his own way and as a result, this leads him to having extreme tensions with the authorities. He can be rather silly at times, since he has an obsession with putting his hand in his mouth; especially when no one is looking.
Backstory: Most of his past had been unknown due to the vague amount of records that are at him at this time. The only known thing about him before he was befriended by his trainer is that he allegedly escaped from an unknown laboratory after what he did to the leader of Team Plasma. (More on this will be revealed in the roleplay.)
Other: He wears a silvery bracelet around his left wrist that has his name etched on it in Greek letters.
7. @I Never
Name:
Elizabeth Rae Chapman
Nickname(s):
Rae or Liz
Romantic Orientation:
Bisexual
Personality:
Rae is very energetic and likes to go around making new friends. She can be very kind, but if something annoys her, she'll get extremely angry and will want to pick a fight with whatever is annoying her. Rae can be very competitive and doesn't like to lose, but she does understand humility and gets over it. Rae might be very energetic, but she knows when to be calm, and stay collected.
Appearance:
Rae is pretty tall for her age, standing at 5 feet '11" inches. Rae has blonde, short hair and blue eyes. During summer and spring, Rae likes to wear tank tops or t-shirts with shorts; During the fall and winter, Rae wears a hoodie with sweatpants or jeans. She has a very light skin tone.
Hobbies:
Ever since Rae was around 5 years old, she was interested in drawing. She likes to usually draw the first thing she sees, like Pokemon or an open landscape. Rae is also interested in martial arts, most likely because she is very competitive.
Drawing, Martial Arts, Comedy, Rock Music, and Pokemon Battles
Dislikes:
Rude, cocky, and arrogant people (this is what gets her annoyed and angered the most), losing, and Pokemon abuse (Rae hate's this the most too, because rude, cocky, arrogant people are the ones who mainly do it)
Goal:
Rae's goal in life is to become one of the world's greatest Pokemon trainers; either to become a gym leader or Elite Four member.
Relationship Status:
Single, but she wouldn't mind being in a relationship
Hometown and Region:
Lumiose City, Kalos
Trainer Card:
490454_trainercard-Rae_Chapman.png

Partner: Torchic
Partner Name: N/A
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Rae doesn't force her Torchic to stay in his Poke-ball, so she lets him walk around with her. Torchic also sometimes practices martial arts with Rae.
8. @The Argonaut
Name: Araminta Atwood
Nickname(s): Mint, Minty (by her family)
Romantic Orientation: heterosexual
Personality: Mint is an inventive and imaginative young lady, with a love for all things steampunk. She's proud of her work and that of others, but can be a bit too trusting, which can sometimes lead to the destruction of her creations. They're able to be made due to her high intelligence. The people of the academy know her as venturesome, since she rarely stays in one place at once, unless that place is a classroom (when she has to be) and the workshop, where she stores all of her inventions. Also, she's always wanted to try out archery, and even has her own set of bow and arrows.
Appearance: Slightly tanned with freckles dotting her entire upper body, Minty has wavy, penny brown hair that falls down to her upper back, with a part on the left side of the head and bangs stretching down to her right eye. Her eyes are a deep shade of syrup brown. A scar from a deep gash she accidentally gave herself years ago can be seen starting under her left eye and ending on the side of her jawline. On most occasions, she wears a tan trench coat over a black t-shirt, black jeggings, and brown combat boots.
Hobbies: archery, building small knick-knacks
Likes: archery, robots (sorry xD), silence, mints (ironically enough)
Dislikes: obnoxiously loud people, any other candy, crowded spaces
Goal: Araminta's dream is to become a Pokemon professor.
Relationship Status: She's single and not really looking for a partner, but she wouldn't mind having one.
Hometown and Region: New Bark Town, Johto
Trainer Card (If you want, this is optional): N/A

Partner: Pawinard
Partner Name: Gauge
Partner Gender: male
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Gauge wears rubber coverings over all the blades on his body whenever he's out of battle or the workshop, to avoid any injuries to others. Did you wonder how Mint got that scar on her cheek? Yeah...
9. @Excalibur Queen
Name: Aquarius Mishanda
Nickname(s): Aqua, Misha
Romantic Orientation: Bisexual
Personality: (just a brief description, doesn't have to be super long, not a list of words) Aquarius is broad-minded and creative. Her frankness can cut both ways, and is somewhat unpredictable.
Appearance: Aquarius's hair is cut in a one-length bob. She has dark brown eyes and typically doesn't wear makeup. She has a scratch she got from a Meowth on her left forearm. Aquarius typically wears a dark blue blazer over a blue green t-shirt with jeans and teal tennis shoes.
Hobbies: Drawing, painting, martial arts, and occasionally doing requests/commissions for people.
Dislikes: Obnoxious people, people who won't stop talking, thunderstorms
Goal: (What do they want to be in regards to Pokemon, or why are they here?) To become one of the best breeders around.
Hometown and Region: Kanto

Partner:
Espurr
Partner Name: Gloria
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Is usually quite shy around people she doesn't know or doesn't know very well.

The character application form is here:
Name:
Nickname(s):
Romantic Orientation:
Personality:
(just a brief description, doesn't have to be super long, not a list of words)
Appearance: (don't use an image unless you made it, and even still, try to use words with/instead of it)
Hobbies:
Goal:
(What do they want to be in regards to Pokemon, or why are they here?)
Relationship Status:
Hometown and Region:
Other:

Partner:
Partner Name:
Partner Gender:
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info:

Entry Ticket:

My Character App:
Name: Lawson Anatole
Nickname(s): Law
Romantic Orientation: Bisexual/Biromantic
Personality: Law tries hard to reach his ultimate goal. He stays determined in the face of opposition. That being said, he has a habit of being clumsy and forgetful, but he tries not to let this stop him. Still, he knows how to laugh at himself, and how to laugh with others as opposed to at them. He isn't over-the-top with happiness, but he likes to think of himself as an optimist.
Appearance: Law has pale skin with freckles under his icy blue eyes. His hair is messy, shoulder-length, and jet black. He chooses not to brush it because he likes how messy and crazy it looks. He wears a beige vest with attachable coffee brown sleeves over a white shirt with a navy blue Pokeball logo. He also wears a pair of ash gray jeans and snow white hiking boots. Around his left arm are three black ringlet bracelets. He carries around a cerulean zebra-pattern duffle bag that he holds his supplies in.
Hobbies: Sketching
Likes: Ice-type moves, hot cocoa with mint, the sound of the cherry trees in the wind
Dislikes: Storms, pessimism, spicy food
Goal: Law wants to become a Pokemon Coordinator/Performer
Relationship Status: Single as a Magnemite
Hometown and Region: Mistralton City, Unova
490377_trainercard-Lawson.png
(No, he doesn't look like that, it's just a trainer sprite)
Other: Wears brass-colored steampunk goggles that function as glasses

Partner:
Cubchoo
Partner Name: Ara
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Curious, normally rides on Law's back

Link to RP Thread: Coming soon

Important News: None so far

Last edited:
Oh, how I love thought out roleplays.

Name:
Nikki Irving
Personality:
Nikki tends to be fairly quiet, keeping her voice to herself and rather not speak in front of those whom she does not know. Her brain works like cogs though, and she is extremely good at problem solving and quick thinking, which makes up for her lack of communication skills and coordination. In front of those whom she trusts, her sparse friends, Nikki ends up being more vocal and willing to express her complex thoughts. Due to the way she was raised, Nikki is afraid of many Pokémon, and cannot, or will not, make any attempt to communicate with any other Pokémon besides her own. That, also, is the way she figures out what Pokémon to place on her team- if she can talk to them, they're a keeper. Her values are weak as well, and Nikki has a hard time trying to decipher what is wrong and what's right in many moral situation, rather, she will argue with the participants in the issue to persuade them to explain to her why they think they're right. In her heart, she wishes to be more determined, although her positive outlook on life balances out her negatives.

Appearance:
Bright red, long hair that has a hint of brown when not exposed to the sun. Her long hair is usually Dutch braided loosely across the left side of her head until all of her hair is gathered into a fishtail braid over her left shoulder. Normally she'll wear a long sleeved, denim jacket that reaches mid waist with black jeans and light brown, tall boots. She has a cream scarf and similarly colored Pom hat.

Hobbies:
Dislikes:
Goal:
She wants to travel the world as a wandering trainer who gifts young beginners with Starting Pokémon- a Pokémon professor of sorts

Partner: Togepi
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: She likes to carry Nikki's bag and cheer up her trainer, though she ends up causing much trouble.

I'd be thrilled to take part! ^^

Last edited:
Oh, how I love thought out roleplays.

Name:
Nikki Irving
Romantic Orientation: Homosexual
Personality:

Appearance:

Hobbies:
Dislikes:
Goal:

Partner: Togetic

Entry Ticket: (I'm slightly confused)

I'd be thrilled to take part! ^^
Thank you for showing interest! I'll mark you down as a saved spot. That being said, there are a few things that need to be fixed. Your character is great, don't get me wrong, but you have a Togetic. That's an evolved Pokemon. If you change it to a Togepi, that would be fine, and it can evolve in the RP because it's just a simple happiness evolution. I'll be lenient with that. As for the entry ticket, I asked a question in the rules somewhere, and that area is where you put the answer. You don't have to know it off the top of your head, you can look it up, but it must be answered so I know you saw the rules.

Still, I'd love for you to be a part of this RP~! If you could fix what I mentioned, that would be so great. Again, thank you for showing interest~! ^-^

Thank you for showing interest! I'll mark you down as a saved spot. That being said, there are a few things that need to be fixed. Your character is great, don't get me wrong, but you have a Togetic. That's an evolved Pokemon. If you change it to a Togepi, that would be fine, and it can evolve in the RP because it's just a simple happiness evolution. I'll be lenient with that. As for the entry ticket, I asked a question in the rules somewhere, and that area is where you put the answer. You don't have to know it off the top of your head, you can look it up, but it must be answered so I know you saw the rules.

Still, I'd love for you to be a part of this RP~! If you could fix what I mentioned, that would be so great. Again, thank you for showing interest~! ^-^

Oh my goodness! How silly of me- I first imagined that Togepi was the second evolution- so sorry! And the question- I did see that but was ever so slightly confused with its placement. XD I guess I should have read slower in my excitement. And no, thank you for letting me join! ^^

Oh my goodness! How silly of me- I first imagined that Togepi was the second evolution- so sorry! And the question- I did see that but was ever so slightly confused with its placement. XD I guess I should have read slower in my excitement. And no, thank you for letting me join! ^^
Since you fixed it, you're in~!! I'll put your username up there with your character app! ^-^

Well, I am wanting to join, but I just want to ask an urgent question before I start posting up my character sheets once I am done.

So, the question is: Am I allowed to use my own Fan Made Pokémon for the roleplay?

I am asking this because the roleplay rules do not state anything on the usage of Fan Made Pokémon, and also because I would like to use some of my own Fan Made Pokémon for the roleplay. (There will also be more information on the Pokémon; especially on their appearances to supplement their information needs.)

Well, I am wanting to join, but I just want to ask an urgent question before I start posting up my character sheets once I am done.

So, the question is: Am I allowed to use my own Fan Made Pokémon for the roleplay?

I am asking this because the roleplay rules do not state anything on the usage of Fan Made Pokémon, and also because I would like to use some of my own Fan Made Pokémon for the roleplay. (There will also be more information on the Pokémon; especially on their appearances to supplement their information needs.)
Hi there! I'm quite sorry, but I will not allow Fan Made Pokemon in my RP. They would cause too much complication. If you want to, you can stick with the Pokemon from Kanto to Alola (with restrictions), but if you don't then I understand.

^-^

Name: Yuni
Romantic Orientation: Aromantic
Personality: Yuni loves to talk and meet new people, and will often try to be the first to do exactly that. She is also naive and gullible, as well as a sore loser. She is very kind and loves to learn.
Appearance: Yuni is pretty tall for her age, with fair, light skin, and hazel eyes. Her hair is long, wavy, and dark brown. She has a medium build, so she is not too feminine nor masculine. Yuni usually wears a lavender sweater and jeans, as well as boots.
Hobbies: She likes grooming her Pokémon and raising young baby Pokémon, as well as battling, of course, aside from that, technology-related activities are a huge hobby of hers as well as reading and writing short stories.
Likes: Anything that looks cool, Dragon-Types, Pokémon in general... being the center of attention, reading, writing.
Dislikes: Rude people, being ignored, losing.
Goal: Yuni wants to become a Gym Leader and learn all about Dragon Types.
Relationship Status: Uninterested in romance, so none
Hometown and Region: Vermillion City, Kanto

Partner:
Dratini
Partner Name: Merlin
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Often hides in Yuni's bag or somewhere else and is quite shy.

Entry Ticket:
Chlorophyll

Well alright, I understand since you are the boss hehe. I'll get right onto making my Pokémon info sheets then.

(Please note that this post will be replaced with my character sheets once I am finished with them. :3)

Last edited:
Name: Patrick Westing
Romantic Orientation: Heteroromatic
Personality: Patrick is an intelligent and cautious man, with a lot of respect for authority. He is timid and shy around new people but is not opposed to making new friends. He is curious, he lacks wisdom, and he is easily angered. He is a perfectionist and competitive, especially in academic environments, which causes him to rub people the wrong way. He loves the school environment and is comitted to any academic pursuits, which causes him to have a one track mind. However, his laziness usually halts his academic progress, and he is a big fan of procrastination.
Appearance: Patrick has a pale complexion, with freckles and pimples decorating his face. He has short jet-black hair, and dull blue eyes. He is slightly taller than the average teen, with a slightly larger build than most, which is mostly due to fat. He is committed to a casual dress code, denim jeans with an unbranded grey shirt. He wears white socks with an old pair of sneakers, which have seen better years.
Hobbies: Reading, studying Pokémon, playing with his Phanpy
Likes: School or anything else in the realm of academia, Pokémon battling, Pokémon research
Dislikes: Losing, Disrespect, Even the slightest amount of failure or inadequacy
Goals: To meet and collect notes on every Pokémon in the world, his own personal Pokédex
Hometown and Region: Goldenrod City, Johto

Partner: Phanpy
Partner Name: Phanpy (Patrick isn't one for nicknames)
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Phanpy can often be seen walking besides Patrick

I want to join!
Name:
Elizabeth Rae Chapman
Nickname(s):
Rae or Liz
Romantic Orientation:
Bisexual
Personality:
Rae is very energetic and likes to go around making new friends. She can be very kind, but if something annoys her, she'll get extremely angry and will want to pick a fight with whatever is annoying her. Rae can be very competitive and doesn't like to lose, but she does understand humility and gets over it. Rae might be very energetic, but she knows when to be calm, and stay collected.
Appearance:
Rae is pretty tall for her age, standing at 5 feet '11" inches. Rae has blonde, short hair and blue eyes. During summer and spring, Rae likes to wear tank tops or t-shirts with shorts; During the fall and winter, Rae wears a hoodie with sweatpants or jeans. She has a very light skin tone.
Hobbies:
Ever since Rae was around 5 years old, she was interested in drawing. She likes to usually draw the first thing she sees, like Pokemon or an open landscape. Rae is also interested in martial arts, most likely because she is very competitive.
Drawing, Martial Arts, Comedy, Rock Music, and Pokemon Battles
Dislikes:
Rude, cocky, and arrogant people (this is what gets her annoyed and angered the most), losing, and Pokemon abuse (Rae hate's this the most too, because rude, cocky, arrogant people are the ones who mainly do it)
Goal:
Rae's goal in life is to become one of the world's greatest Pokemon trainers; either to become a gym leader or Elite Four member.
Relationship Status:
Single, but she wouldn't mind being in a relationship
Hometown and Region:
Lumiose City, Kalos
Trainer Card:
490454_trainercard-Rae_Chapman.png

Partner: Torchic
Partner Name: N/A
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Rae doesn't force her Torchic to stay in his Poke-ball, so she lets him walk around with her. Torchic also sometimes practices martial arts with Rae.

I hope this is good

Last edited:
Name: Adrian Summers
Romantic Orientation: Homoromantic
Personality: He is fairly laid-back and amiable, preferring to referee and watch people battle rather than participate himself, and rarely becomes angered. If he does, it is usually because of an injustice done to himself or someone that he cares about. On the other hand, his peaceful personality can be to the point of laziness and irresponsibility, and though he is social and enjoys making friends, he is not particularly ambitious.
Appearance: He has wavy blond hair that covers his ears and forehead and green eyes, with a youthful face that gives the impression of innocence. He is lean (some would even say in a feminine way) and on the tall side of average. He wears a long-sleeved, unmarked, black V-neck shirt and fitting dark blue jeans. He also wears a pair of simple, silver stud earrings in his ears. During a performance, he wears a suit with a neat white shirt and long, black tailcoat. His appearance makes him appear somewhat androgynous, though he doesn't mind most of the time, unless someone makes fun of him for it.
Hobbies: Playing the guitar, grooming his Pokémon
Likes: Shopping, listening to any type of music, sweet foods, meeting new people
Dislikes: Arguments, stressful situations, waking up early
Goal: He would love to be a Contest Coordinator or Performer.
Relationship Status: Currently single
Hometown and Region: Lilycove City, Hoenn
Trainer Card: Closest sprite I could find, but...
490465_trainercard-Adrian_S..png

Other
:

Partner: Petilil
Partner Name: Lyric
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: She likes to dance when she hears music, especially when Adrian plays his guitar. She is fairly quirky and a clutz at times, but Adrian would say that this is part of her charm. She often likes to perch in his hair and on his shoulder.

Entry Ticket:
Chlorophyll

Edited the heck out of this thing, so very sorry XD

Last edited:
Name: Caleb Sawyer
Nickname(s): N/A
Romantic Orientation: Heterosexual
Personality: Caleb is a kind young man, who has a knack for battling. He is quick to act, and often follows his instincts, without thinking things through. He is reckless, and often does things that would help others by risking his own safety. Caleb is hot-blooded and can gets into fights easily. He is best described as an average Leroy Jenkins, but who tries his hardest and works with what he's got in battles. If things don't go his way, he doesn't pout, but stead tries to find another way. He has a huge appetite and could easily eat a lot in one sitting. He is very lively and energetic, while he has a strong belief that in life, you shouldn't receive things, but instead earn them.
Appearance: Caleb has spiky red hair, with amber eyes. His face has an rounded chin, and he has bangs that covers his forehead and ears. He has a peachy skin tone, with a slight tan due to his time outside. He wears a tight black v-neck t-shirt with a loose electric blue jacket that is about 6 inches in length. He wears navy blue jeans with a black belt. Laced across the belt are Pokeball hooks for storing his Pokemon. On the back of his jacket and on the buckle of his belt is a flame design that has a rounded bottom and three spikes on the upper part. He wears a pair of red converse sneakers that are well worn and dusty.
Hobbies: Eating food, training, Pokemon battling
Dislikes: People who are arrogant or get things without earning them
Goal: He wants to be a Pokemon Champion, and has worked very hard for this goal, even by spending tons of his free time training.
Relationship Status: Interested, but single
Hometown and Region: Four Island, Outside of Kanto

Partner: Magby
Partner Name: Mags
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Much like his trainer, and loves to train. He acts tough at times, but can never stay in character. Mags can normally be found walking beside Caleb.

Alright, now I have my character sheets! (Also have changed a bit and added more information since there is a lot behind the Axew. All unknown information will be revealed in the roleplay with the correct action or conversation triggering it!)

Trainer Information:
Name:
His name is David Sterl.
Nickname(s): He is referred to as Dr. Sterl by some due to his vast knowledge on Pokémon care when it comes to surgery and such.
Personality: David tends to be more on the cautious side, as he is steady like a Squirtle when it comes to work. He tends to be rather critical when it comes to mistakes, since mistakes are the bane of his life. He often attempts to do work when no one is around, since he is afraid that others may mess things up for him.
Appearance: David stands at a modest height of 5'2", as he has short, black hair that is as straight as a linear equation that one would typically see in their everyday geometry homework. He has light brown eyes, fair skin tone, and some small freckles on his cheeks. In his casual attire, Davis wears a tan fedora with a one piece 1920s era raincoat that goes over his green camp shirt and brown short sleeved trousers. He has on black leather boots that are also lace-on. When in emergency situations however, he can often be seen in his red scrubs outfit with his pale red surgeon mask that covers his mouth and nose.
Hobbies: He reads his book that he carries around and also plays with his Axew a lot; or at least tries to get him to anyway if he has not been too upset from someone harassing him.
Likes: He likes to treat other injured Pokémon and attempt to help solve their problems if he happens to come across any. He also appears to love sweets, though it does still have a limit on the scale as to how sweet it can be.
Dislikes: He detests on sour food since it can often give him a stomachache, while it may also even have other effects if consumed in large quantities. He despises battling against other trainers since he hates seeing other Pokémon becoming injured.
Goal: He wants to study more on the art of medicine and to also expand his branch to the psychology of Pokémon to better understand why his quirky Axew behaves in a certain pattern.
Relationship Status: N/A at the moment; subject to change!
Hometown and Region: Nuvema Town, Unova.
Trainer Card (If you want, this is optional): N/A (Because of the significantly different coloring that I made for the Axew.)
Other: He also carries around a black backpack that has a vast variety of medicinal items and some other miscellaneous items as well. The backpack has a picture of a blue, six pointed star that has a snake curling around a rod in the center of the star.

Partner Information:
Pokémon Partner:
Axew
Name: His name is unknown for the time being.
Age: His age is unknown, though he does look awfully young.
Ability: Rivalry (The Pokémon's potency of attacks is increased when attacking other Pokémon of the same gender, but it is reduced when it is attacking other Pokémon of the opposite gender however.)
Appearance: Axew's body is in a shade of modest purple, which includes his tapered tail. The horn on his head and the ovals around his eyes are now gray, as his tusks are yellow. The collar-like marking around his neck is dark purple, which gives off a representation of utmost malevolence when seen from a distance.
Personality: Axew has a very short temper, as he often uses force when it comes to dealing with his problems. He is very aggressive and his hot headed nature can often times steer him into trouble and more fights. He likes to have things his own way and as a result, this leads him to having extreme tensions with the authorities. He can be rather silly at times, since he has an obsession with putting his hand in his mouth; especially when no one is looking.
Backstory: Most of his past had been unknown due to the vague amount of records that are at him at this time. The only known thing about him before he was befriended by his trainer is that he allegedly escaped from an unknown laboratory after what he did to the leader of Team Plasma. (More on this will be revealed in the roleplay.)
Other: He wears a silvery bracelet around his left wrist that has his name etched on it in Greek letters.

@spookyscary @DullDeity @I Never @DragonFlye @Ry_Burst @Charlespark

Sheesh, I didn't think I'd gain this many people within a day! I'm so glad to see that people are interested~! @I Never , you still need to fill out the Entry Ticket space (if you read the rules, it tells you what to put there~), but everyone else has theirs and has a confirmed space! That doesn't mean you're out, it just means that to be put on the list, you need that space filled out.

I am SO happy that this is going well~ I think we have enough to start. However, due to a recent wrist injury (I am the worst when it comes to not being klutzy), I might, keyword: might, not be able to write up that thread. This may give others a chance to join if they want to, but I believe there are 2 spots left (though I am flexible and may let others in if I know of their past roleplay reputation.)

If the thread is up tonight, then yay! My wrist is more or less fine, or at the very least usable! If it isn't, then I either forgot (unlikely, but you never know) or I can't type because my right hand - dominant hand - is out of commission. Granted, I still have my left, but typing with my left hand alone stinks. I can do it, and if I must, then I will - for you guys :D

I'll add those with the Entry Ticket filled out to the list ^-^

Ouch, here's hoping your wrist feels better! The dominant one is the worst :'|

I have one quick question; will posting order be determined by who posts in the thread first or, for instance, which time zones we're located in?

@DragonFlye

It will probably be predetermined before we even start the RP. I'd be first because I have to set up the tone of things. Then we have a choice.

• Go down the order of which the apps were accepted (listed above)
  • Talk amongst each other and come up with an order

Posting order would be a bit chaotic to me since I have a feeling that one person being offline for too long would make this pretty hectic.

It's like that one system where EVERYONE has to be involved to 100% work when I think about it...

-An Axovenio sighs and sleeps in his crib since he knows that he can't really be here since he is @Charlespark's Fan Made Pokémon after all-

Personality: Mint is an inventive and imaginative young lady, with a love for all things steampunk. She's proud of her work and that of others, but can be a bit too trusting, which can sometimes lead to the destruction of her creations. They're able to be made due to her high intelligence. The people of the academy know her as venturesome, since she rarely stays in one place at once, unless that place is a classroom (when she has to be) and the workshop, where she stores all of her inventions. Also, she's always wanted to try out archery, and even has her own set of bow and arrows.
Appearance: Slightly tanned with freckles dotting her entire upper body, Minty has wavy, penny brown hair that falls down to her upper back, with a part on the left side of the head and bangs stretching down to her right eye. Her eyes are a deep shade of syrup brown. A scar from a deep gash she accidentally gave herself years ago can be seen starting under her left eye and ending on the side of her jawline. On most occasions, she wears a tan trench coat over a black t-shirt, black jeggings, and brown combat boots.
Relationship Status: She's single and not really looking for a partner, but she wouldn't mind having one.

Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Gauge wears rubber coverings over all the blades on his body whenever he's out of battle or the workshop, to avoid any injuries to others. Did you wonder how Mint got that scar on her cheek? Yeah...

Just tell me if anything needs to be added or changed, alright? I'm kinda excited to read up on everyone else's characters, too, since I haven't done that yet! :up:

Just tell me if anything needs to be added or changed, alright? I'm kinda excited to read up on everyone else's characters, too, since I haven't done that yet! :up:
Alrighty, you are in~! Glad to have you with us!

As for you @I Never ... I'm really sorry! I kinda went afk for a bit because of my wrist, and I got back on. Sorry to keep you waiting! .~.

Let's just hope that my Axew doesn't get into too much trouble on the first day of school since he's notorious for fighting other Pokémon since he's got a lot of bullies who he often uses as an excuse to let off steam by breaking their wrists at times...

-an Axovenio crosses arms while @Charlespark goes over to him and gives him a sippy cup full of apple juice-

I would like to join as well.
Name:
Aquarius Mishanda
Personality: (just a brief description, doesn't have to be super long, not a list of words) Aquarius is broad-minded and creative. Her frankness can cut both ways, and is somewhat unpredictable.
Appearance: Aquarius's hair is cut in a one-length bob. She has dark brown eyes and typically doesn't wear makeup. She has a scratch she got from a Meowth on her left forearm. Aquarius typically wears a dark blue blazer over a blue green t-shirt with jeans and teal tennis shoes.
Hobbies: Drawing, painting, martial arts, and occasionally doing requests/commissions for people.
Goal: (What do they want to be in regards to Pokemon, or why are they here?) To become one of the best breeders around.

Partner:
Espurr
Miscellaneous/Other Partner Info: Is usually quite shy around people she doesn't know or doesn't know very well.

Entry Ticket:
Chlorophyll

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to join as well.
Name:
Aquarius Mishanda

Partner:
Espurr

Entry Ticket:
Chlorophyll

Alrighty, you're in! That's the last slot, we have everyone in now~!

Our next order of business is turn order. My last RP, Summers Break, was a bit chaotic. There was no turn order. Having a turn order would limit this chaos. As for the issue of inactivity, I already set a day time limit of 5 days to get a post out before you are automatically skipped.

So how shall we determine the order? By order of joining, or manually selecting an order?

I find the easiest course of action to be in going in the order of one's accepted application. No bias to myself, naturally, but I find that if we'd like to get going faster, it'd be easier to just go along like that.

Or we can do manually, I have no certain preference myself.

-Axovenio talks to everyone with his translator or at least tries to-

Axo... Axovenio A- Axo... Axovenio Axo Axovenio... Axovenio Axovenio Axo Axo Axovenio. Axovenio Axo Axo Axovenio...

(Translation: Umm... I have a f- feeling... That this is [going] to be more chaotic... since there will be [that] one person that does not respond; this [will] require everyone's power to work...)

Yeah, the Summer's Break thread was a bit chaotic, huh? :p

I personally think it would be the easiest to go in the order in which we signed up, but, like Littleblue, I could go either way.

Also, I have a feeling that if there's gonna be that one person that doesn't respond within the five day period, it would be me. I'll try my hardest to get my posts up at a decent time, and I'm sorry in advance if I have to be skipped.

Then again, if someone doesn't have to be skipped, wouldn't the person that goes after them be the next to post? I would think that would make the most sense...

I feel like this is going to be a bit awkward for me since I've NEVER been in a roleplaying system where you would have to wait... (Because I remembered one time in one of my roleplays, it was me and someone else just relaying back and forth like baton passing since no one would respond haha.)

To me, waiting is like asking my Axovenio to go over to the Pokémon Center to get his shots alone.

I can reduce the 5-day thing, or increase it if needed. Should I modify it? I'd rather not to an out of order thing, because that leads to a lack of continuity if 2 members or more try to post simultaneously. That happened a bunch in Summers Break, and it led to some confusion. A turn order calls for continuity. Trust me, it isn't awkward. Again, if you guys want, I'll change it from five days to something shorter so possible wait time is reduced.

On the other spectrum, I've never played in a post-whenever roleplay- so the idea of a turn order seems perfectly natural to me. I think five days is very sufficient.

I'm used to active time so turned base is kinda a new concept to me... (Time still goes on if you don't do any actions in my area...)

I'm just saying that it'll probably need me to get used to it before I can freely wait... (Since I have kinda abused the baton pass tactic with some others when the other people weren't posting since they were offline for days...)

On another note, could I Axew a little question? I would like to have another separate character in the roleplay that is going to be like another Pokémon without its trainer. (More will be explained on this a bit later.)

@Charlespark

I'm not very sure... that might cause a bit of confusion. I dunno, probably not. I'm going to think about it a bit more, currently stressing over an orthopedic doctor's visit. o~o

Give me a bit of time for that verdict, and please don't be angry if it's a no.

I personally love turn based roleplays. Oftentimes when I'm in an active roleplay, there's two or more players in a different time zone that end up posting half a page back and forth and advancing the plot while I'm asleep... at least with turn-based RPs, everyone gets a chance to post equally and stay involved, and relatively easy to just skip an inactive person ^^

I don't really have a preference for how we determine the order, but in the last one I was in, we determined order by who initially posted in the thread, and then rearranged it based on time zones. For example, a few of us were in pretty close time zones (2 hours apart) and one was, I'm assuming, on the opposite side of the world. So we (in the close time zones) posted during our daytime while our other-hemisphere friend posted during our night, so that when we woke up we could respond and so on, which kept things quicker. Kinda complicated, but I'm just throwing it out there.

*Stage whispers* Good luck on your doctor's visit

Umm, well alright.... I suppose that I should give you some space here to think then. Anyway, hope your bones get well soon.

-??? comes over and takes a seat in a booster seat next to @Hisseki-