• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Foresight (a.k.a. More "Information" from Prima)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
According to the Prima Pokedex, the move Foresight doesn't just guarantee that your next move will hit. Apparently, it also makes Fighting and Normal-type attacks effective against Ghost pokemon!?

Any truth in it?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's true. Once you've used Foresight on a Ghost Normal/Fighting attacks will do normal damage.

I think there's a flaw with your def. for the attack, though. From my understanding it puts your opponents evasiveness back to normal but it doesn't guarantee the next attack if it naturally has a low accuracy (ie. the way Lock On would). Possibly I'm wrong... I don't use it very often ^^;

Raichu is right. Foresight doesn't make your next attack a guaranteed hit, it just removes any modifiers on the opponent's Evasion, and removes the Ghost-type's immunities to Normal and Fighting. Personally, I don't see the move as being all that useful. Resetting your opponent's evasion is fine, except for the little detail that Foresight itself can miss. Removing Ghost's immunities is tempting, but if your Pokémon needs Foresight to be able to hit a Ghost-type, its moveset probably needs to be changed to include a move that can hit Ghosts anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Yeah, it does just reset evasiveness to normal. I misremembered :).

Apparently, Odor Sleuth does the same thing.

Watch out, though. Foresight and Odor Sleuth are affected by your accuracy and the foe's evasion, too. If your other attacks are having a hard time hitting, these two moves won't be any different.