• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Future Legendary Ideas?

Lets talk Legendaries. In Every Pokemon Game there is one. Red, Blue there was Mewtwo and the three birds, Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno. Also possibly Mew. Gold, Silver there was Ho-oh and Lugia and the three Dogs, Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald there was Groudon, Rayquaza and my personal favourite from that trio, Kyogre, Latias and Latios. And heaps more i could go through. But here we should talk Legendaries to be. In upcoming Pokemon Games, what types of Legendaries would you like to see? Or what do you picture them as? Write you ideas below and explain what it would be called and what the game would be called. Maybe even if you feel like it, add in a Pokedex entry too! I know this wasn't very long but I'd really felt like discussing this topic.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I was pretty sure that we've had a thread like this before, but I guess we don't. Welp.
That said, this thread (and several others) you've made belong in a different forum (Pokémon Chat rather than Pokémon Games Discussion). The appropriate threads have been moved.

Also, paragraphs and formatting are a thing. Posting a wall of text makes it really hard to follow what you're trying to say. Lastly, I've cleaned up a lot of conversational bullshit. Long story short, this is not how forums work and I'd advise you to read the rules. Well. The one of you that wasn't banned for being a complete idiot, that is.

In any case - and on a more on-topic note. I'm quite bored of Legendaries by now. There are far too many of the things and where everything is Legendary, nothing is. (Fucking Syndrome). But since, as you said, every game has one... I'd like to see Pokemon getting into some more obscure myths as a source of inspiration for their legendaries - or at least take the more typical ones in more interesting directions. I say "inspiration" because Legendary Pokémon always seem to have their own mythology, very loosely based on assorted Earth myths but still enough of its own thing to be unique. I quite appreciate that.

Design and Type-ways I definitely want to see more Bug legendaries. The fact that in six generations of this series we only got one (not counting Arceus with the appropriate plate) is quite telling. A few more unique type combinations could also be nice. I'd definitely like to see more alien-looking things such as Zygarde, too.

Last edited:
Hum, I think I like this topic.

As a legendary collector, I haven't seen too many dark-type legendaries(excluding Darkrai). Yet we have loads upon loads of psychic- or dragon-type legends. To be honest, I kinda think there should be an antithesis to Arceus, but moral watchdogs would flip shit over that.

Design-wise, maybe something long and serpentine, with stubby legs and huge fangs... Okay, I don't even know where I was going with that.

Interesting topic~ Personally I wish that they would kind of cool it with the whole universal explanations for everything with god like Pokemon and take a note from Gens 1, 2, and 5. The Pokemon that were described as legendary ARE powerful indeed, but they aren't god like as apposed to the creators of the land and sea, the creators of time, space, *antimatter (I guess?), and the universe, and life or death. Even in Gen 5, Reshiram and Zekrom are more legendary in the fact that they represent truth and ideals, they don't reside over a particular element or place in the universe, they didn't create anything, in fact they're just extremely powerful chess pieces that determine the game of truths versus ideals, which I like best.

So basically, I'd like it if they based it more on "legendary" pokemon rather than "mythical", if that makes sense, though I'm not TOTALLY opposed to the idea of more god like pokemon, it's just that eventually ideas will overlap and repeat. Honestly though, I really would like for them to explore more Japanese mythology (like orochi and amatarasu of okami), or something more tribal, ESPECIALLY Native American, Aboriginal Australian, or Aztec mythology. There's so much that can be tapped into with those. As far as types go, we need a poison type of course, though I would also like it if we could get some Rock and Bug representation for main mascots... just no more dragons for a bit... please. That's too repetitive.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
I think something representing Utopia vs. Reality would be cool. Utopia could be a Dark/Fairy with glowing eyes and/or smoke surrounding it. Reality could be the opposite, maybe Normal or Fighting/Poison