• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Generation 1 Singles Showdown: Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
CAH_zpsxiwidn3m.png

This is the matchup thread for the Genwunner Singles Showdown, and for this we will be doing something a bit different. If anyone watched the UK Robot Wars this year, it'll look very familiar.

Round 1 is straight 1vs1 knockouts. With seven players, one of you will get a bye into Round 2, which is where things get interesting.

In Round 2 the four players remaining will be put into a league-style setup where they'll face each of the other players once. The two players who get the most wins will then face off in the final round in a best-2-out-of-3 match to determine the champion. In the event that the players in 2nd and 3rd in the league table have the same score, whoever won their battle will be the one to proceed to the finals. If it's confusing, stick Robot Wars 2016 into YouTube and enjoy.

Anyway, first round:

Psycho Monkey vs Brendan Savem
Shiny Lyni vs Mr. RMA
Aura vs -BYE-
Ruko
vs Dwayna Dragonfire

ROUND 2

Psycho Monkey - 2-1
Shiny Lyni - 2-1

Dwayna Dragonfire - 2-1
Aura - 0-3

FINAL

Shiny Lyni vs Psycho Monkey
Deadline for the first round is 20th October. As always, failing to complete your matchups on time without good reason will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments - if you're having trouble keeping to the deadline, make sure you let me know so that I can grant a deadline extension.

All battles will take place on Pokemon Showdown, the link to which is below:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ (Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator)

After completing your matches, remember to post the result here. Both players are required to post the results of each battle for it to be registered. Do NOT post battle replays in this topic; any replays are to be sent to me via private message. Breaking this rule is grounds for disqualification.

I think that's everything, so have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well done everyone for getting the matches finished in good time.

The second round league matchups will go live tomorrow.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well Tuesday is now today. As far as my evenings go they are more-or-less the same as it happens.

Round 2 is up. Remember, losing here does not eliminate you from the tournament, deadline is October 31st.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Deadline for Round 2 has been moved forward by one week, to November 7th at Shiny and Dwayna's request.

That gives Aura and P_M some extra time as well.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Next set of matches is now up, deadline is November 8th.

Lyni beat me 0-3 in a stupidly intense mind games match. Lyni, I'm sorry we never made 100 turns. This will haunt me for the rest of my life :c

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Next round is live, via process of elimination you probably already know who your next opponents are but I've put them up anyway.

Deadline is November 12th.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
In a bizarre twist we have three potential finalists.

In order to decide this result, I have taken the remaining Pokemon from each of the Round 2 battles that P_M, Shiny and Dwayna had and added them together to make a score total. Both Shiny and P_M won 3-0 in two battles and lost once, while Dwayna won 1-0, 3-0 and lost one battle. This totals P_M and Shiny with 6 Pokemon remaining in total from these battles, and Dwayna with 4.

So, that means our finalists are Shiny and Psycho Monkey, and they will battle best 2 out of 3 to decide the Gen I Champion.

Since it's the final match, there is no deadline. As soon as you are able will do.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And that makes Shiny our Genwunner Champion.

Replays will be up soon, next tournament will probably be in December, likely depending on how fast Sun/Moon reaches Showdown.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm not sure how I feel about being the Genwunner Champion. 'Twas a fun tournament, but... genwunner.

I've never even played Gen I

Status
Not open for further replies.