• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Gliscor

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Trying to work on a Gliscor moveset. Having a bit of trouble with it though, here's what I've come up with thus far:

Gliscor@Life Orb
Jolly (Hyper Cutter)
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Spd, 58 Atk
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance/Rock Polish

Gliscor has great defense, so I hope that just by training HP it can survive Physical attacks well enough. Life Orb is there to bolster it's Attack stat, and Roost is there to recover the health lose from the Life Orb. Swords Dance to boost the Attack more, or Rock Polish to raise Gliscor's speed so it can't be outspeed by most Ice-types. Earthquake is there as a STAB Ground attack, and Stone Edge to take out Ice-types and to provide some coverage.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Very good set you have there. Swords Dance is probably the better pick over Rock Polish here since your Gliscor's Speed has more EVs on it and a Nature boosting it too, so Swords Dance is more useful here to boost your Attack. Ice Fang is a decent alternative over Stone Edge if you find Stone Edge's accuracy and PP to be proving inefficient, and most of the Pokemon firing Ice-type attacks at Gliscor won't actually be Ice-types themselves - keep that in mind. Overall your set as it stands is very good.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Thanks for the advice, KoL. I think I'm gonna stick with Stone Edge on the off-chance that I run to the ever prominent Skarmory. They resist Ice attacks, so Stone Edge would be really the only thing that could deal decent enough damage to it.

Ice Fang and Stone Edge are both Neutral to Skarmory, its steel/flying.
If you have problems with Skamorys a lot, put Taunt onto it or set up on its face and hope that it doesnt whirlwind you away first.
Ice is usually a very good attacking type, and even though ice fang isnt as strong as stone edge, you still have Earthquake that hits ice pokemon switchins hard enough.But Ice Pokemon arent THAT common anyways. Like Ganon said, most ice type user arent Ice Type at all.

And with those EVs you should watch out for other gliscors that run ice fang and are outspeed yours, cause many like to run 252 speed.
216 might be the better choice to outspeed some base 90 Pokemon, considering you have some good speed IVs on him. You should try some stuff with it I guess~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Wow, thank god you said that. That helps me a great deal with Skarmorys. In that case, I may very well use Ice Fang instead. As for unusual Ice move carriers, I guess I'll just have to try and predict if they'll use one. Either that or hope I can kill them first.

Also, thanks for the EV suggestion. I'll rework them to better it's speed a bit more. Luckily Swords Dance can help make up for the fewer EVs in Attack if I put them in speed instead.

Hyper Cutter is always a bonus with that. Don't have to worry about intimidate. Your Gliscor is almost exactly like mine. Same nature and move-set, save for Stone Edge/Ice Fang. It's a good setup.