• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Government Utilization of Super Powered Forces

OOC- Okay, this RP was originally created by Yoshimitsu27. However, it died down before it really got started. However, I was recently given permission by him to restart it, so I will. The first part that does not feature my character was all written by Yoshimitsu.

This RP is INVITE ONLY, and all the spots are taken by Chibi, Shroomish-chan, Chadwyck, and Midnight Shadows. I do hope we get a good mixture of males and females, powers, and personalities.

BIC-

"Computer, History File #0001. Play," A strong, masculine voice said. A second voice spoke, the voice sounding much more mechanical.

"The Government Utilization of Super Powered Forces, or the GUSPF for short. Fifty years ago, the goverment became aware of the existence of supernatural entities. Humans and animals began showing signs of abnormal activities. The normal limitations of a human were surpassed. These people could do things most people thought impossible - conjure fire from their fingertips, freeze water with just a touch, lift up a car effortlessly, flight, et cetera. Animals that could change shape, move faster than the eye could follow, change the colour of their fur or skin and so on. These lifeforms were put under observation. Fifty years ago, the Government Facility for Observation of Supernatural Lifeforms, or GFOSL, was formed.

"Computer, pause," the voice said. He looked down from his desk, down to the room below. He was sat in a glass room attached to the ceiling. On this room, speakers were attached and a microphone placed inside for the 'higher-ups' (as they were affectionately referred to) to speak to whoever was occupying the room below. In this case, the new recruits. A fresh batch of super-powered humans, willingly admitted into the GUSPF. The commander, for that is who was sat behind the desk, looked down on the new recuits. They would need briefing on how things worked in the GUSPF. Hopefully, the history file would open their eyes.
"Computer, continue."

"The GFOSL continued monitering the supernatural behaviour, but it soon became apparent that these super powered lifeforms were abusing their power. There were countless reports of businesses broken in to by someone who could set things alight just by looking at them, or someone who simply teleported in, took something and teleported back out again. It was a disaster for the government, who simply did not have the resources to combat or restrain these people. Then, a super powered human known as Jason Thane stepped forward and joined the government, with plans for just what to do with the super powered people."

"Computer, pause," the commander said. He turned his microphone and said, very clearly, "Will the blue-haired girl please stop harassing the guards."

Down in the room below, one of the new recruits looked up at the commander, shrugged and returned to her place in the line. The commander sighed to himself, then ordered the recording to continue.

"It was Thane's proposal to take in the super-powered lifeforms, give them a place to stay and give them all their needs for life. In return, the super-powered lifeforms would perform tasks, later referred to as missions, to earn their keep. The proposal was widely accepted, and the GUSPF was born."

The commander stood up and walked around to the front of his desk, pushing a button as he went. A platform broke off from the front of the glass room and descended slowly, so that he was stood on the same ground as the new recruits. The man screamed of authority, and he reeked of intimidation. He wore military dress, though it was completely black. His face was scarred badly. His hair was forced back and black with streaks of grey. A veteran. No, a commander.

"You have been recruited into the GUSPF. While you are here, you will be supplied with accomodation, food, drink and entertainment, along with training facilities. In return, you will be approached with missions, set by various people in charge of this facility," the commander explained. "Now, wait quietly and answer any questions you are asked."

The commander nodded to men at the side, dressed in identical lab coats. They were both carrying clipboards and pens. Without any further ado, they approached the first person in the line.

The first person in line was a girl, surprisingly. She looked normal enough, about 15 and five-foot-six, and was wearing black checkerboard skateboard shoes, slightly tattered dark wash boot-cut jeans, a dark grey skater-style hat with 'X Games' embrodered in black, small text, except for the 'X', a black jacket with a crow outline on the back rolled up to the elbows, and a medium electric-blue Beatles t-shirt. From her varied clothes alone, she evidently had wasn't one of those girls who were uber-fashion concious. She had medium-dark brown hair in a ponytail that ended an inch or two past her collarbone, cut in the 'emo' style with bangs sweeping over her left eye. The bangs were dyed a dark electric blue, like the color of her shirt. Before, she had been described as your normal 'skater chick.'

The girl stepped up, while fiddling with a piece of hair from behind her ear. She appeared to be rather confident from her body language, but bored. When talked to, a cocky expression crossed her face.

"Name?" The inquisitor asked.

"Samantha Anders. But I'm called Sam." The girl answered, squarely looking the inquistor in the eye, a sign of her rather aggressive nature.

"Codename?"

"Geez. I just got here, and you bombard me with questions? Is 'Shifter' good enough for ya?" Sam said, detecting that the inquisitor was getting annoyed. Why don't I have a little fun? She thought.

"Powers?"

"None." Sam said, smirking.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just joking! Geez. You guys surely don't have a sense of humor." That earned Sam a glare. "Okay! But mine are a little hard to explain. I'll put it this way. I posess partially emotion-based shapeshifting. I can control the shifting, but when an emotion becomes too strong or changes suddenly, I just change into something, or lose control, or-"

"Shut up and just give us a demonstration then!" The inquisitor exclaimed, getting annoyed by her rather quick speech.

"Dude, I would make a mess. Do you like having bits of cloth everywhere?" Sam teased, grinning.

"Shift now, please." The inquisitor hissed, trying to keep calm.

"Do you really want a mess?" She sing-songed.

"SHIFT!" He screamed.

"O-kay, man. But I'm not paying to repair the mess!"

Sam closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and concentrated on her favorite form. She shot up up suddenly, to about eight feet tall, streching her clothes, sprouted wings that burst through her jacket, a tail ripped through her pants, her face elongated into a dragon's snout, teeth like daggers burst from her mouth, clawed feet burst forth from her shoes, her hands grew claws more then two inches long, her hair sucked back in her skull, and finally,shiny, hard, black scales covered her body.

She was a dragon.

Her clothes were in shreds on the ground.

"Umm...yeah. Forgot to tell you that." Sam said in a voice grittier then her own, trying to sound innocent. "I can't shift clothes. And you are NOT going to make me change back! "

"Go away! Next!" the inquisitor shouted.

((Superpowwwwersss...:D))

"Next!"

At the sound of the inqusitor's rough and obviously annoyed voice, the next person in line took no hesitation in striding up to the desk. This person was also suprisingly a girl. Her hair was waist long and a shiny ebony color, often running over her shoulders like spilled ink. Her face was rather flawless, without any blemishes, yet from her frowned eyebrows and thin mouth it was easy to tell that she was annoyed. And she constantly looked annoyed. Her eyes seemed an almost orange shade, and from the way they glowed in the right light, could have had some hidden fire behind them. Her clothes were slightly wrinkled, as if they had been worn for a few days; her white t-shirt looked as if she had tried to smooth it out, but with little success. Her knee-legth skirt billowed gently with every movement she made, and her running shoes were covered in a thin layer of dust, signifying that this teenager liked eing outdoors more than indoors, but that didn't explain her very indoor clothing.

"Name?" The inquisitor almost demanded.

The girl sighed, the inquisitor's eyebrows shot up his head when he saw that there was smoke blowing out of her nostrils. "Lastel Bourne." The fifteen-and-a-half-year-old said, she straightened up some, coming up to her full 5-foot-nine height.

"Codename?"

"What?" Lastel remarked, suprised. "Jeez, 'codename'?! Is that really needed, or are we just trying to sound cool?"

"Codename?" The inquisitor asked sharply. Stupid bratty teenagers.

"Okay okay fine. Um, try Phoenix." Lastel thought it sounded stupid, but "smoke puffer" and "flametongue" were worse, she hated what kids of her age called her.

"Powers?"

Lastel sighed, this time from her mouth, exhaling a puff of smoke. "Fire breathing," she said, "don't ask me how it happenes, it just does." She saw the inquisitor raise an eyebrow, and she gave a very mischevious grin, which showed off her straight teeth very nicely. "Let me show you." She inhaled deeply, formed her mouth into an O, then exhaled with considerable force. A long tongue of flame shot out of her mouth like and arrow and cut a swath of light into the room that was about four feet long. Lastel snapped her mouth shut and the thing stopped as quickly as she began. "It's completely involuntary, so you have no idea how many things I've accidently burned down. Just don't make me sneeze or cough. It's bad. I also have some pyrokinesis. I mean, I'm immune to fire, but I can't one hundred percent control it. I can't quell any flames, just make them bigger."

The inquisitor scribbled something on his clipboard then looked up. "You'll have to learn how to control that." He said matter-of-factly.

"Oh gee like I haven't know that for most of my frickin life!" Lastel snapped harshly, her orange eye blazing with their own fire. She gritted her teeth, trying to keep the smoke and flames down her throat.

"Listen smart alec. Keep that tongue of your's in check before we do! Next!" The inquisitor snapped even more harshly. He waved his hand at her in dismissal; Lastel almost incinerated him on the spot. Instead she stomped off sourly, hoping that she actually did sneeze in front of the man.

~~~

The third in line had not been facing the desk that the inquisitor inhabited, instead he was facing to the side, playing with something that was cupped between his hands. So when the person in front of him suddenly disappeared and the inquisitor's cleary irritated voice boomed in front of him, he jumped as if the voice had been roared through a microphone and into his ear. The sixteen-year-old's face changed from one of extreme amusement and playfulness into the look of a child caught in the act of mischief. The teenager quickly hurried over.

His hair was spiked in a number of directions, and it was a pale gold shade, like the color of sand. His eyes were a deep green, and held an almost warm twinkle in them. The boy's mouth seemed to always twist into an amused smile, as if sharing some private joke about the world around him, the way he held himself, he seemed almost careless. So when he slouched up to the desk, with a smile, his hands tucked into his azure hoodie, the inquisitor almost sighed with relief when he saw what could have been for once a teenager than looked as if it hadn't some bratty problem with this place.

"Name?" The inquisitor asked, his voice slightly gentler in tone, like it had been towards the first girl at first.

The teen pulled a hand out of his pocket to push a rebellious strand of sand-colored hair away from his eye and smooth a nonexistant wrinkle in his black cargo pants. "Hrrmmmm..." He mused, "gimme a sec. Haven't used it for forever..." After a few seconds, is eyes brightened. "Raiden Storm. That's what it was. But call me Rai. Everyone did."

The inquisitor wrote something down. "Codename?"

"Codename? Sheesh, never really thought about it. Now's good as a time as any I guess. Would Flash work?" The teen twirled a lock of hair absently.

"Works fine. Now, powers?"

This time, Rai's expression truly became full of mischief and jokes. He held up his right and and clenched it tightly, then he sprang it open. There was a loud crack, and suddenly his hand held a ball of sparking electricity in his hands, while bluish bolts of it danced aolng his fingers. Rai smirked at the violent jump he earned from the inquisitor. "Big one, electrokinesis. Pretty handy when you use it right. I also can drain electricity of things, like batteries and anything electric-powered; that is very invaluable. That's also why electricity doesn't affect me, if I happen to get shocked, it just gives me an energy boost instead of hurting me. I also have a few minor ones that aren't as important to me. I can bend light and create what people call illusions."

He waved his hand and an exact clone of himself suddenly appeared. "I can also make them make sounds. But only if it's a sound I've heard before. You won't believe how real I can make them seem." He snapped his fingers and the illusion vanished. "And last but, not least, well, this is kind of hard to explain. When I'm like, spurised, angry, or scared, I can like, make this flash of light appear. It's also most of the reason why my codename is Flash. I would show you, but I lot of people would get angry and tear my head off. But it's this really bright flash of light that I can use to temporaily blind anyone. Like a stun grenade of sorts."

"Right," the inquisitor was writing furiously, "next!" He motioned for Rai to follow the two girls from before, and the teen grinned and his hands resumed their normal postions in his hoodie pockets and he walked off.

(*wipes off dust* Very proud of these two. ^^)

(Thanks for letting me join)

"Next!" The inquisitor asked, flipping his clipboard to the next page.

A small red-headed girl looked up from a People magizine she was reading, and stood up. She was wearing a black tank-top, and a plaid skirt, with a white sweater. It looked like a school uniform. On the tank-top, in whitle letters, it read, Sierra High School. The girl sheepishly walked over to the man.

"Name?" The man asked, glaring at her.

"Riley Starfield." Riley muttered under her breath.

"NAME?" He demanded, getting a little red in the face.

"Riley Starfield." Riley spoke up, looking the man in his dark green eyes.

"Codename?" The inquistior said, jotting down her name on his clipboard.

Riley had thought for a long time about this. She had a lot to choose from. At about 11:00 lat night, she had come up with an answer. "Soundwave." Riley answered, trying to be as polite as possible with the man, who obviously hated his job.

"Powers?" The inquisitor barked, looking back at Riley.

Riley smiled. "You want a demonstration?" She asked sarcastically.

"No! Just tell me your freakin' powers!" The inquisitor yelled, finally exploding.

"Okay, okay. Sheesh." Riley frowned. "Controlling soundwaves. Isn't that obvious? I can make sonic booms and such, and I can also drain them, so there's no sound at all."

"Lovely. Joy. A loud-mouth. NEXT!" The inquisitor barked at the next person in line, and dismissed Riley with an irrite flick of his hand.

Riley glared at the man as she followed the boy before her.

OoC: Thanks much for allowing me to join.

BiC:

The small, red-headed girl followed those who went off before her as the inquisitor shouted, "Next!"

The next man in line ran his fingers through his medium length hair, which had been dyed dark violet so that it almost looked black. He was wearing a black straight jacket that had the right arm torn off at the shoulder and the left arm was torn off at the elbow. He had a tattoo on his exposed right arm of a shadow winding it's way down his arm in a spiral that turned into a hand grasping a dagger, much like the daggers that hung on either hip. He wore torn, black pants covered with buckles all down them, and black boots with exposed steel toes that were dulled from being worn. He surveyed the inquisitor with his dark brown eyes. Although he was twenty-six, he got much enjoyment out of the attention his young features and appearance attained. Many people mistook him for being drastically younger than he really was.

He walked up to the inquisitor, who wore a very shocked expression at the sight of him, and waited for his line of questioning.

"Name?" The inquisitor managed to ask at long last.

"Wow, that's something I haven't been asked in a while. Let's see, it's Keiran Ingerson." Keiran said with a smile. Despite his off-setting appearance that would cause most people to stay away from him, he was actually very charismatic.

"Alright," The inquisitor said gruffly, writing on his clipboard, "Codename?"

"I suppose that Ghost would work," Keiran decided last minute, he knew he would be asked this question, but hadn't given it much thought. Not to mention, the only other name he could think of was Shadow Walker, and that didn't have the same one word glory.

"Ghost?" He said hesitantly as he wrote it on the clipboard. "One last thing. Powers?" He asked looking up at Keiran again.

Keiran turned his head and noticed his shadow was directly behind him, he grinned a wide grin as he spread out his arms and fell back onto the ground. Only when he hit the ground, he sank into his shadow, like he had just fallen back into a swimming pool, causing the inquisitor to look around slightly alarmed. Suddenly the inquisitor felt a dagger at his throat, Keiran had come up out of the inquisitors shadow as silently as the wind, "I can move in and out of the realm of shadows, kind of an interesting little trick I figured out I could do when I was younger. Does my name make sense now?" He said as the inquisitor just nodded, "Oh, there's also this little thing I figured out I could do. I can control shadows, well, any kind of darkness really. There's just one draw-back, I can't fully control it, not to mention it tires the heck out of me. But I'm working on it." He smiled again, "So far all I managed to do was choke someone with his own shadow, of course, I passed out afterward." He laughed again, scratching the back of his head with his free hand.

He put the dagger back into his belt and stepped around to the front of the desk again, "Hope I didn't scare you too much." He laughed as the inquisitor sighed.

"Don't do that again," He said, irritated again, "And hopefully you'll be able to perfect that technique, it could come in handy. Next!" He yelled. Keiran shook his head as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and filed in behind the others who had come before him.

OOC: Thanks again for letting me join ^^

BiC:

"Next!"

Like the others before him, the next man in line got up from where he was and began to walk towards the inquisitor. He had been waiting in line for hours, and had fallen asleep a few times. But with the continuous "Next!" from the inquisitor, he had hardly slept more then twenty minutes total. He flipped his golden blond hair to get it out of his eyes, cleared his throat a few times and brushed himself off. He was wearing black pants that were frayed on the ends, though it made sense, those were the only pants he owned. To go with this he wore a white tank top, and though it had a few grass stains on it, the shirt exposed very muscular arms. On his feet were black shoes caked with mud on the bottom which left a few clumps of dirt with each step he took. Finally reaching the inquisitor, the eighteen year old looked at the man with his ice blue eyes.

"Name?" The inquisitor asked impatiently.

The man looked at the inquisitor for a few moments before finally answering. "Raymond, and don't you even think about asking me what my last name is either, because I forgot it a hell of a long time ago."

The man glared for a few moments before finally writing it down on his clipboard. He muttered something under his breath, but Raymond shrugged it off this time. "Whatever, kid. Codename?"

He rolled his eyes then shifted his weight onto the other foot. He didn't really know what to call himself and after much thought, he spoke.

"Well damn, I guess you can call me..Ty." Raymond said, smirking at the man.

The inquisitor raised an eyebrow. "That's it kid, Ty? Is it short for anything?" He said glancing down at his clipboard.

"Yeah, Typhoon. That sounds cheesy though, so write Ty and be done with it."

The man, who had completely ignored him, wrote "Typhoon" and right as he was about to look up and ask, "Powers" Raymond's eyes turned from ice blue to complete white, though he was still capable of sight. He inhaled then blew a large gust of wind from his mouth, forcing the inquisitor against the desk, and the desk halfway into the wall. Before the man could speak, Raymond grinned and spoke for him.

"I can control wind, got it? Don't piss me off either, or I'll send this place up in a tornado like the Wizard of Oz." He said as the man quickly nodded, brushed himself off, then picked up his clipboard from off the ground. Walking past the man, he chuckled a little and followed those before him in line as the man shouted "Next!" once more.

(OoC: Okay guys, I am back! I have healed decently, too. I will be here on and off, though, because the new semester is coming, and I am going to be getting back into that college rhythm. Let's go on! Yay!)

The exasperated inquisitor checked his notes. "Nope, no one else is on the list, Finally! Boss, brief 'em!"

At that time, Sam had just come out of the bathroom in an oversized white t-shirt and large blue shorts. They weren't her style, but her clothes were ruined when she transformed, and that's all they gave her.

"Welcome, new recruits. A new life in GUSPF has begun. When you come here next time, you will be picked up from your residence in a black sedan. You have one week to pack and arrange your affairs." That short speech was given by the man in the glass box above everyone's heads, who was, of course, the commander. "Training begins immedietly after you arrive. You will be briefed next week on what you are expected to do. Dismissed."

Sam left, pondering what she was to do in the next week. The weekend ended that day, and she'd be back in school. Sam shuddered of what would happen. The shape-shifter was escorted to the black vehicle, and was returned to her home.

When Sam got home, it was horrible.

"Sam! What did they do to you? What happened to your clothes? I know you have to go away because of those press-" Sam's mom fretted.

"Relax, Robyn, she'll be fine. She can protect herself for sure. And we do get paid for what she does." said a black-haired man who was Sam's dad. Putting an arm around Robyn's shoulders, he finished. "It wasn't her fault she got that gene."

"I know, Sam." Robyn sighed. Sam was named after her father, Samuel.

"Uh...Mom," Sam began, pointing to her uncharacteristic attire. "Did you finish the laundry today?"

The night passed fine, but there was tension in the Anders household. No one spoke during dinner. Samuel and Robyn didn't speak to Sam for the rest of the night, except for a "Sam, go to bed now, okay? It's 10 o' clock, and tomorrow's school."

Sam shut off the light, and got into flannel PJ pants and an old T-shirt. But she didn't go to sleep when she got into bed.

"Fun...school. Who knows what they're going to think?" Sam said, shifting her hand into various shapes in boredom and anxiety.

She finally climbed in bed after a half-hour of shifting, but her dreams weren't pleasant. She'd had the same dream ever since the incident.

(Ooc: The dream replays the incident)

She was in the second row of a nearly empty high school classroom, finishing up an essay. She was smart, so she got to skip a grade. She was a sophomore. A few other students were in the front row talking, messing around. However, the conversation turned into something that really offended Sam. She kept hearing what they were talking about, and tried to stay calm. Same felt her ears moving up her head and growing tan-colored fur. The instincts were arising, aggressive ones of a predator, and not prey. Fur was growing on the backs of her hands, and a tail was beginning to sprout. Sam tried to regain control, but the instinct was taking over. She took a deep breath, and tried to calm the anger, but failed. Sam shifted, grew, and lost all of her sense, until she was a beast, and of all predators, a lion. And an angry one at that.

You %^&#$%#!The primal lion-Sam thought. Sam roared, and ran at one, but was pulled back before she could gut the students, but only left a long scratch on their stomach. The other students ran out of the room, but Kira and some red-headed boy were left.

Wha... thought the lioness/Sam.

The red-head was concentrating, keeping Sam from escaping. He was telekinetic, the first super-powered person Sam had seen. Red-Head had the great idea of bringing heavy chairs down on Sam's head, thus knocking her out.

Sam woke up, human, but covered in a blanket. The rest of the dream was a blur of courts, pressed charges, and bits of sentences being read out.

"Mr. and Mrs. Anders, your choice is either to send your daughter to reform school, or to juvenial hall." The judge said.

The Anders chose the reform school, but it was secretly GUSPF, which was one of the many ways they recruited the super-powered.

RING!

Sam's alarm clock rang, and she was awakened. "Fun...school. I want to sleep!" Sam moaned, yanking herself out of bed.

School was torture. Everyone avoided her, and she heard the rumor that she had attempted to assault some students with a penknife.

Sam didn't answer any questions, prefering to stay silent. On Thursday, she finally saw her best friend, a fellow skater-chick named Tara Marks.

"Hey. Where were ya this week?" Sam asked, while catching up to her in the hallway.

"Sick." Tara responded.

"Oh." lowering her voice to a whisper, she said. "Hey, you know I have to go to that reform school on Monday?"

"No. Why?"

"'Cause I 'assaulted' some people, those morons who think they can insult someones' religion without a good reason. It's amazing how they aren't getting in trouble for such biased comments."

"Oh. Yeah." Tara said, not sure how to respond.

They split up to their separate classes. No one, except for the people who had been in that classroom, knew about her powers. They had been sworn to secrecy. Her parents knew, but only because it had been revealed to them secretly. Now they were all 'no shifting on school days' and 'You're grounded! No shifting!' That was the exact reason why she didn't tell them.

Friday came and went pretty quickly, so when she got home, she packed a large rolling suitcase with about three weeks worth of clothes, some books, a coat, toiletries, and some money.

Sam dragged the suitcase downstairs, and said good-bye to her parents.

"Call us if you need anything! Or write! Or something!" Sam's mother was trying not to tear up.

"Bye Mom, Dad." Sam said sadly, hugging her parents.

Sam got herself out of the door, and was escorted to the sedan outside, as told.

The trip was boring, in Sam's perspective, but when she got there, it was amazing.

Sam and the other recruits were escorted to a dormitory that had a common room with a large, tan, micro suede sectional, a few tan, microsuede recliners, a coffee table, tan plush carpet, a nice, tiled kitchen area, and a large plasma TV. Off to the right of it were a bunch of doors, which Sam assumed were rooms.

"Excuse me, where do I put my stuff?" Sam asked an escort.

"Huh?" she had gotten his attention. "Oh. Your room is that one. No roommate. You all get your own rooms. Supposed to prevent fighting." He added, seeing Sam open her mouth again.

Sam followed his finger, which pointed to the third door down. Sam walked in, and was amazed. It was awesome!

"These guys definitely have cash to burn." Sam said, dumbstruck.

It had cream colored plush carpet, a large, double bed with what looked like expensive bedclothes, another tan recliner, a tall floorlamp, a large closet, a large bookshelf, a nightstand, a desk with a computer on it, and a corkboard. It was like being at a nice hotel, except for one, unsettling detail.

There was a large tranquilizer gun in a glass case above the bed.

"Woah. Not a good sign." Sam said, backing off a bit.

"Recruits! Briefing! Get out here now!" a voice called.

Sam dropped her stuff in her room and ran outside to join the group.

The voice came from the commander. Who was standing in the center of the dorm area in an austere manner. He didn't look like anyone should mess with him.

"Okay, recruits. Very soon, your training shall begin. But on to 'house rules' to put it in a way you can understand. The kitchen area is where you can make and get your food from. It will be restocked weekly. There is no 'light's out', but getting at least eight hours' sleep is a good idea. You may decorate and furnish your rooms to your tastes. Training sessions begin at nine AM and end at eight PM. Training sessions are on every day but Sunday. When we do get missions, you will be alerted to them via that TV near the sofa. The TV is a normal TV for the rest of the time. Outside communication is allowed, but mention of GUSPF is prohibited. Training will cover many areas like survival, minor weapons training, combat, mind-control resistance, countering super-powered threats, and teamwork, which will become essential later on. Training will begin tomorrow. You will receive uniforms later this week, after we observe you and determine what is required for you. That is all." After that he and his guards moved in unison. After they left, two more people walked in, a brunette young woman and an older-looking blonde man, both in matte black jumpsuits. Other than their cold expressions and jumpsuits, they looked extremely non-descript, right down to their facial features.

"Recruits, we are your two main trainers. From now on, you shall be referred by your codenames only. This is not a comic book, no matter how much you want it to be. You will be pushed hard, hard in both trainer of your mind, body, and power." The man said. "I am Psi, and I will train you in mind and power. I am telepathic and telekinetic, as the name suggests. If one of you even has a thought about leaving, stopping, or anything that prevents our goal, you will be punished. The woman next to me is Tyr, and she has enhanced senses, memory, and flexibility. She will train you in combat and other areas. We are not to be messed with."

"Thank you, Psi. As he has said, I am Tyr." The woman said. "It is rather unfortunate that all we could get this time is teenagers, but think about last time, Psi. Not enough mixture of powers and people."

Psi nodded, because what had happened last time was horrible.

"Tomorrow we shall begin with basic teamwork, team positions, and power evaluations in training. We shall determine what we shall train and improve." The woman finished. "For tonight, you shall rest and learn about your teammates. Get to know their strengths and weaknesses. It could mean the difference between life and death."

Psi and Tyr walked out of the dorm in unison. Sam, not being one to dilly-dally, went into her room and unpacked quickly.

Well, not really. All she did was throw things into somewhat the right place. After that she decided to plunk down on the couch, and wait for some interaction to happen. Hopefully the rest of the people were a tad less austere than Psi and Tyr. They seemed a little hard to annoy or intimidate.

(OoC: Most of the recruits rooms are the same, except for some special additions because of their powers.)

Riley looked around at the other teens, a little bit overwhelmed. She'd never met other super-powered people before, her parents ahd kept her at home after learning that she had these powers. Her parents. Suddenly, Riley felt a tsunami of emotion rise up in her, threatining to pull her under. She fought the furious, stinging tears that were welling up in her eyes, and she sprinted out of the room as fast as she could.

Once Riley had calmed down, she took out a key from her pocket and read the room number. Twenty-three. She repeated the number over and over in her head until she found the door. The room was plain, like a hotel room. On a table, a small, black, device was emitting strange noises. Riey walked over to it. Beep, blop, fizzz The device said. Riley squinted at it, and then sent a small sonic boom at it. The boom stopped a couple inches away from the machine, and vanished. "Oh," Riley said, realizing what the machine was. "You keep this room sound-proof." She spun around, and spread her hands wide, and then pushed forward. Instantly, a huge burst of sound came, spreading to all corners of the room. The same thing happened. The sound burst stopped inches from the wall, and dissapeared. The boom made no sound, either. Riley sighed, and flopped back on the bed. Seconds later, her cell phone rang. Riley picked it up and looked on the caller id. "Mom?" She muttered, and then flipped the phone open.

"Riley." He mom said, without waiting for a greeting.
"Mom." Riley smirked, trying to copy her mom's tone of voice.
"Are.. are you settling in well?"
"Yes, I am." Riley siad, suprised.
"I was just calling to say.. sorry. Kirk didn't mean what he said.. he just.."
Riley's face went red. "KIRK? How dare you call me and talk about that horrible monster?" She yelled, shaking.
"Riley, please, I.."
"No, mom, Listen. Ever since dad died, you've been looking for a husband. I liked some of them, and they liked me. But you had to go and marry some horrendous abomination who hated me and only loved you for your money!" Riley screamed.
There was a dead silence at the other end of the phone.
"I love you mom, I really do, but only call me again when you've found a decent man to marry." Riley finished, her voice ice-cold. She slammed the phone shut and threw it against the wall, breaking it in half.

Then, Riley fell back onto the bed, and cried.

"Welcome, new recruits. A new life in GUSPF has begun. When you come here next time, you will be picked up from your residence in a black sedan. You have one week to pack and arrange your affairs. Training begins immedietly after you arrive. You will be briefed next week on what you are expected to do. Dismissed." The man on the glass box above them said.

Lastel looked around at the other recruits, probably about to go home to their parents....Her thoughts screeched to a halt. Their parents... Lastel bit the inside of her mouth so hard she tasted the irony taste of blood. Parents. The one thing she didn't have. Parents. Her's were dead. And it was all her fault. Lastel felt the line she was in move, and she was ushered out back into the outside world, where only two souls liked her. She barely remembered the ride back home, for her thoughts were so miserable and tangled she just stared blankly out the window.

After what seemed to be a few minutes, the vehicle she was in stopped in front of her aunt's house, and she wordlessly got out. She slowly sulked up the driveway while she heard the car drive away. Lastel's aunt and uncle were okay, but they always seemed to heave a hidden fear of her. That was nothing new. Lastel was used to being feared. She sighed loudly, smoke curled out of her nose and mouth. Just as she was about to open the front door, it swung open to reveal a woman who had no resemblence at all to Lastel.

"Welcome home Lastel!" Aunt Joan exclaimed, sweeping Lastel up in her mighty embrace. Joan Howell might as well have been Lastel's opposite, from their looks. While Lastel had long black hair, Joan's was merely shoulder-length and blonde, Lastel's almost orange eyes clashed with Joan's watery blue, and Lastel was tall and skinny but Joan was only three inches taller than her niece and weighing a little more than she should.

Lastel hugged her aunt back, "hi Aunt Joan." She murmured, clinging to her aunt's neck and trying to drive away her miserable thoughts.

"Lastel," a strong male voice said from behing Joan. ""Good to see your home so early!"

Lastel peeked over Aunt Joan's shoulder and smiled, yet feeling a stab of pain in her chest. Just like every time she looked at Uncle Rick. Uncle Rick was tall. Really tall. So tall that whenever he went upstairs he was paranoid of hitting his head on the ceiling. His hair was the color of a polished jet stone. Like Lastel's. And his eyes were a warm chocolate brown that never seemed to be sad. Like Lastel's father. In some way or another, Rick reminded Lastel of her father, the only difference was that her father was rather pale, and Rick had a handsome tan. Lastel felt Joan's grip on her relax and she did the same, skirting around her aunt to make a beeline for her uncle's arms.

Later that night, after dinner, Lastel lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to go to sleep. But how could she, when those terrible memories kept invading her mind? She trembled so hard she felt the bed shake, she tried to hold back the tears that seiged her eyes. But for her efforts the only thing she got was failure, and pretty soon her face was wet with tears. She had no idea how long she cried, but she was conscious of turning over and burying her face in her pillow, pummeling it and crying, not caring about the soot-marks she was leaving on the soft fabric; then she slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~

"Lastel Howell Bourne, this act is unforgivable!" The judge's voice boomed out across the courtroom. Lastel flinched in her seat as if she had been struck and slid further down her chair until only her shoulder and above were visible. Once again, she was in a courtroom, but this time it was worse. Much worse. Almost as bad as the first time she had been here; after she burned her house down.

Laste's throat convulsed and she swallowed hard, trying not to cry. She didn't mean to burn down her house, killing her parents in the process, but she should have controlled herself better. But had only been four! She barely knew why she set things on fire every time she
breathed too hard! She swallowed again, forcing herself to not look miserable. She couldn't bear to listen to the rest of whatever they were saying. This time though, it wasn't HER fault! That girl was begging for trouble! Although she may have felt some murderous intent with fire, she honestly didn't want to set her school on fire....But that's what happens when you combine fire breathing with out-of-control pyrokinesis-that-can-only-make-the-situation-worse.

"Lastel Bourne," the judge suddenly boomed, cutting through her thoughts despite her best attempts not to hear him. "We sentence you to go to a reform school."

Lastel felt herself shudder. She had only gotten out of immediate prison because everyone was afraid she'd burn it down and let countless convicts escape. Great. NOW her life sucked more than ever.

Lastel abruptly jolted out of her sleep, her hair matted and her pillow covered in soot and tears. She slammed her hand on her alarm clock and went to her torture. Showers. She both hated and feared water. Whenever it touched her skin, she went straight into panic-mode and felt as if she were drowning, while visions of swirling currents and tides raged through her brain. It was a miracle she didn't go insane before she was done.

After she was done, she stumbled back into her room, shivering with fright and hyperventilating. She threw on some random clothes, a red t-shirt with shorts and gazed unhappily out her window. She had no idea what to do for the rest of the day, since her little shouting match with a girl at school that resulted in 3/4ths of a hallway being scorched black resulted in her being expelled from school. She sighed, bringing forth greyish-black smoke that floated out her opened window. This was going to be a long week.

***​

"Hey dad. S'up?" Rai asked his cellphone, throwing himself on the covers of his bed.

"Everything's fine," the deep voice of Rai's dad told him. "I hope you're not getting yourself into trouble."

Rai smiled, knowing his dad couldn't see it. "Oh I'm fine," he assured his dad, "everyone there was really cranky though." He heard a sigh, and he knew that two-hundred-and-sixty-three miles away, his dad was rubbing his temples. "I didn't start anything, I swear!" Rai said innocently.

"Let's just hope your true to your word this time." His dad answered, it was hard to convince him of this when most of the time Rai was the source of trouble. The teen had too much mischief for his own good.

Rai sighed, looking around his hotel room. His house was too far away to have hims stay long, so he just packed everyting he found important and brought it with him. "Well, I'm going back Friday. Permenently." Rai told his dad. Silence. "I know you'll miss me, but it's what I have to do I guess. Love you."

"I love you too." His dad answered, his voice cracking the slightest. Both son and father hung up at the same time.

Rai put his hands under his head and stared at the ceiling, his eyes vacant as he thought. He did love his dad, and accepted what his dad did. Rai still had no idea how his dad found about this "reform" school he sent Rai to, but it was necessary if he "wanted to be something in life." Quoted straight from his dad. Rai sat up and grabbed his remote, flipping through the hotel's channels boringly. He sighed after the two hundreth channel. Nothing. Feeling annoyed, he walked over to the TV abd laid his hand on it. He felt a sudden surge of energy as he drained some of the TV's electricity. Then, he spent the next three hours playing with electricity, creating all forms of it and sending them zigzaging around the room.

~~~​

"Oh sweet," Rai commented as he gazed around the coomon room. These guys had some awesome taste. He explored the room, taking in everything.

"Raiden Storm." A voice behind him made him jumped and turn around. "You room, the second on the left." One of the escorts pointed, Rai smiled, thanked him, and headed over.

His eyes popped and his jaw dropped when he opened his door. Not only did he have a way-too-large bed with blue covering along with a tan rug, a TV, black leather recliner, a nightstand with a clock and a lamp, a large bookshelf which stood next to a large desk that had a computer on it. But the best features was the fact that there had to be at least five different arcade game plugged into the walls and scattered around, and anything else that used elctricity to function. Rai just about skipped in, if he could drain all of these then he'd have enough energy to sprint home while generating a small country's worth of zombie illusions to follow him! He frowned at something above the head of his bed though. It looked like a glass case for showing off necklace's, but instead of a necklace, there was a thick black band that looked like a collar with some mechanical attachments on it.

"The heck?" Rai murmured, dumping everything on his bed and reaching up to tap the glass.

Meanwhile, Lastel had also found her room to her taste. Not only did the cool cream furniture calm her, but the two bookshelves, computer, TV, and recliner that looked as if it could swallow her aunt suit her very well, but the room seemed to be made of something that was fire-proof. There went her fears of burning down something.

"Why is there a gun above my bed?" She asked no one as she observed what could have been a handgun with a long barrell hand been put in a glass case just above her bed. She frowned as she realized another feature. A gauge was near the slide, that was not a part of a gun.

"Recruits! Briefing! Get out here now!" A voice shouted as soon as both Rai and Lastel were about to get closer examinations of the oddities in their rooms. Both ran out into the hall, like the other recruits, to listen to what the commander had to say. Rai was smirking the whole time through his peech, and his smile grew wider when he listened to Psi and Tyr. Whatever he was thinking seemed to amuse him greatly. While Lastel listened to the whole speech, her expression indifferent. When Psi and Tyr eft, she just nodded and went back into her room, closing the door behind her. And while she flopped on her bed to begin unpacking then look for a good book after her organizing, Rai ran into his room and began playing the nearest arcade game.

A week? Thought Keiran, a week to do what? Keiran didn't have much of a "home life", he spent most of his time browsing music and book stores, it would take him less than a day to pack his things and return to this place. I guess I can call my parents...

Keiran didn't have a good relationship with his parents. When he discovered that he had powers, his parents became frightened. They had tried to send him to a mental institution to see if they could "fix" him, which is the reason he ran away at the age of sixteen. Could it really be ten years ago that I ran away? He thought. He figured that if he was permanently moving into GUSPF, he could at least let them know. Not that they would care. The only person in his family that ever cared was his younger sister, Jasmine, she had only been six when he left.

When the vehicle pulled up to his apartment building it was a little past ten PM, he walked up to the front door and stepped through it's shadow and appeared in his apartment. It was a small, one bedroom apartment, it wasn't furnished too luxuriously, but it had a large bookshelf that covered almost an entire wall. It was organized alphabetically and by which type of book they were. Manga took up over half the shelf. He packed his clothes and cast a hesitant glance at all his books, what would he do with all of them? Since the time he ran away from home, his life had consisted of collecting and reading all sorts of different works. In a sort of sad way, these books were his life. "Doesn't matter now," He said quietly to himself, "They're about to give me a new life, whether I want it or not." He walked into his room and plopped down on his bed, and his mind was filled with fantasies about what his new life would entail as he drifted to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The week passed by slowly and without much incident, apart from when he had called his parents at least. His mother had never been the most understanding person.

"Hey mom. It's me, Keiran. He said in a low voice, his usual cheer and charisma was absent from his voice.
"Keiran? What do you want you ungrateful child? You think you can leave one night and not talk to us for ten years and then just decide to call us and chat?" As Keiran had expected, she was going to be unpleasant as always.
"Look, I just wanted to call and tell you that I'm going away, permanently. There's this place I'm going to, they're going to... Help me, I guess is the word."
"You mean you finally found someone who can fix you?" She sounded hopeful.
"I don't need fixing, mother." He said angrily.
"Don't take that tone with me, when someone can do the things that you can, there is obviously something wrong with them."
"I knew you wouldn't give a damn, just let me talk to Jasmine."
"Why would I do that?"
"Because if you don't, I'll be your personal poltergeist. I'll follow you in your shadow wherever you go." He said as menacingly as possible, as if he'd actually want to be anywhere near his mother. But it seemed to work because his sister soon answered on the other end.

"Hello?" Said the voice of a now fully grown young lady, it'd been so long since Keiran had seen his sister, it shocked him.
"Hey, Jazzy. It's me, Keiran." He said in a whisper.
"Keiran? What do you want?" She sounded angry, but she was fighting back tears.
"I know you're probably still mad at me for leaving and never saying goodbye, but you have to believe me, I had to."
"You left me alone, Keiran. Alone for ten years and then you suddenly decide to call? I don't want to talk to you." She was sobbing now.
"I know, I just wanted you to know that I never wanted to leave you alone. I love you, Jasmine. You're the only reason leaving was hard." He took a long pause, "Goodbye."
"Keiran, wait!" But it was too late, she heard a click from the other end of the line.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Keiran was led into the common room, and had to admit that it was pretty impressive. It was certainly more impressive than his dingy, little apartment. "Keiran Ingerson, your room is right over there." Keiran went into the room and flipped on the light switch, the room was even more impressive than the common room. There was a large bed, and a computer, but the best feature was the bookshelf that had been filled with books. It made him feel strangely at home. And even better, the wall had a large assortment of different types of blades on display, they made the daggers hanging at his side seem incredibly inadequate. As perfect as the room seemed, he still got a weird vibe from it, he reached out and tried to manipulate one of the shadows on the floor, which sent a shock sensation into his arm causing him to flinch. "Okay, that was weird," He turned and saw a little box above his bed, "Wonder what would have happened if I tried to sink into that shadow instead..." He reached out to touch the box, but was called away by a loud voice, "Recruits! Briefing! Get out here now!"

Keiran exited his room and filed in with the other recruits, surprisingly they were mostly made up of teenagers. Keiran didn't like the feeling of being older than all these people, it made him feel responsible, a feeling he preferred to steer clear of. The two who called them from their rooms, Psi and Tyr, went about explaining the house rules and other such things. Throughout the whole speech Keiran was only half paying attention, he was mostly surveying the group of people around him. If nothing else, this experience would prove interesting, he returned to his room and plopped into bed. He took another look at that mysterious box before grabbing a nearby book and beginning to read.

(OoC: Sorry about no dialoge. This is Sam's thoughts.)

After Psi and Tyr left, there was a sense that something was not quite right in this place. There was a tranquilizer gun above her bed, a hint of a tragedy of a previous team, and just a sense that things were not what they seemed. At least that blonde guy was rather good looking. At least something was right, here at this funky government program. Other than that funky feeling, the rooms were great, but the whole training thingsounded fine, but difficult. At least she was highly adaptable, hardee, har, har. However, Psi and Tyr were strange. You couldn't remember their faces even after looking directly at them, they seemed so plain. Odd. However, they did say to interact with the others in order to get to know them better, so Sam ruffled her blue bangs, and walked over to a door, and knocked. Maybe this was the room of the blonde guy.

(OoC: We should interact for a bit, then go to the next day. Learning more about the characters and forming relationships, negative or positive, should be good. A rivalry would be even better.)

Last edited by a moderator:
(I assume that's me.)

"Up.....down...left...turn...'nuther turn...slash shoot...." Rai muttered his movements to himself under his breath as his fingers danced across the controls of his game like a group of ice skaters on caffenine. Quite suddenly, when he was doing pretty well, there came a knock at his door. Rai's train of concentration instantly crashed, totaled, and burned. Who in the world could be knocking at his door? Hadn't they already been explained enough things already? For a second he did nothing, then he paused and saved his game. It was such a good thing these guys had taste.

He figured that if he and the other recruits had already been briefed, and supposedly left alone to go about their own agendas, then this had to at least be of some importance. He brushed off his hoodie and flicked some sandy-gold hair from his eyes (those strands falling down were always so persistent) and he went to his door. Clearing his throat, he reached for the knob, turned it, and stepped back as he swung open his door. Whatever he had been expecting at the other end, it was not this. It was a girl, about a few inches shorter than him, with brown emo cut hair that obscured her left eye, and had electric blue highlights in it. Mmmm, electric blue. What an awesome color choice. Everything else she wore was, the only word to be described was "skater" style. From her shirt all the way down to her shoes.

Rai figured he must have been staring, but his shock lasted only for a few seconds. "Um, can I help you?" He asked, trying to sound polite, his eyes glowed a warm emerald.

"Boss, brief ‘em!"

Slowly opening his eyes once more, Raymond blinked then looked lazily to the room around him. It had only been a few minutes after they were finished calling everyone, and already he was tired again. Though of course, after not getting his regular 12 hours of sleep at night it certainly took a toll on him. Straightening up out of his slouch position, he shifted his weight, looking around the room again. Everyone seemed to be gathering around, and there was a lot of talking amongst everyone in the room. Most, if not all, had their attention towards the man that was currently speaking, most likely the boss.

"Welcome, new recruits. A new life in GUSPF has begun. When you come here next time, you will be picked up from your residence in a black sedan. You have one week to pack and arrange your affairs." That short speech was given by the man in the glass box above everyone's heads, who was, of course, the commander. "Training begins immediately after you arrive. You will be briefed next week on what you are expected to do. Dismissed."

Shortly after, Raymond followed everyone out the door waiting to be picked up and go home. Though of course, it was not something he was looking forward to. The awkwardness that would follow, the silence, then the crying goodbyes, if his parents decided to cry this time. Last time, his parents merely shoved him off wishing him the best of luck. Not many emotions were shown between him and his parents, he was lucky enough to hear him laugh. Though he never asked what was wrong with his parents, or if it had something to do with him, he just left it at that. He didn't want to destroy the only home he had. A loud horn honked then, with a man inside a black vehicle motioning him inside. Sighing, Raymond slowly got inside and soon was returned home.

Hesitating, Raymond slowly turned the old knob of his front door and walked inside, slowly looking around. It didn't look like his parents had moved from the couch, though his best bet was that they probably didn't. If it wasn't sleeping, his parents were watching tv, and if it wasn't tv, then he really didn't know what they were doing. A small smile lit his mothers face, then after a glance out of the corner of his fathers eye, the smile quickly faded. Clearing his throat, his father slowly got up and walked towards his son, his mother close behind.

"Son, your home from this military camp?" He asked slowly furrowing his brow.

Shaking his head, Raymond sighed. "No dad, I'm not, and it's not military camp either. I'm going back soon, like Friday or something." He then glanced at his mother, who had worry in her eyes, he then added softly. "I'll be fine mom, I promise."

His father grunted. "Of course you will Raymond. You're a damn member of this family. You were born to be strong, mentally and physically. And if you don't come back, then I guess I didn't bring my son up right after all. I'm not paying for your funeral either." He said walking into the kitchen. Rolling his eyes at his father, Raymond then looked to his mother, hoping for a better response.

"Honey, I know you'll be safe..Your fathers worried about you too y'know..although he doesn't show it.." she said softly, muttering the last part under her breath. "I'm proud of you and I love you, never forget that. You will always have family here when you need us.." She smiled, then inclined her head towards the direction of his bedroom. "Now go on and get some sleep, Friday'll be here before you know it and you certainly don't want to be tired.." She smiled once more, then Raymond smiled a little and hugged her briefly.

"Thanks mom.."

After walking down the hallway into his room, Raymond climbed into bed, not even bothering to think about Friday or what it might bring. He slept soundlessly, never tossing or turning once, not even having a dream. Pure beautiful sleep. He had slept all of Thursday, to his surprise, and most of the morning on Friday, that was until his father woke him up.

"Son, get your lazy ass out of bed, those military people will be here in an hour, and you have to pack your stuff. Come on get up!" His father then walked out of the room, Raymond groaning shortly after. He loved to sleep, though he had gotten way too much, because he felt a shock run through his veins that he hadn't felt in a while. It was desirable, and it was telling him to fly, to use his powers, to do something.

He sprung up out of bed, then walked to his closet and grabbed the nearest suitcase he could find. He stuffed random clothes out his drawers and wasn't even sure if they matched. He couldn't honestly care less about matching, clothes were clothes after all. He then managed to find a pair of shoes in his messy room, a jacket if necessary, a comb, tooth brush and paste, some deodorant then zipped the suitcase close.

Raymond dragged the suitcase out of the room and let it drop by the front door, heading into the kitchen. Glancing at the clock it was only a matter of minutes before they would arrive and he was starving to say the least. His father and mother glanced at him when he threw open the fridge door, though he ignored it as he grabbed leftover ham and stuffed it into his mouth quickly chewing. He reached for the milk next, gulping the remains down then tossing it into the trash can. When he turned around, his father looked angry and his mother looked upset. He sighed then heard loud honks from outside. His father, for once since he had arrived home, looked relieved the second he heard the honking, then opened the door for his son. Smiling he picked up Raymonds suitcase then handed it to him. His mother started crying then embraced Raymond in a tight hug. After she said that she loved him, Raymond walked down the driveway and into the van.

He had passed out in the van, though it was due to boredom, not lack of sleep. When he awoke he found himself in an oddly cream colored room, with his stuff thrown out all over the floor. Well, so much for being nice. Damn people. So this had to be the room he was staying in, and he wondered if all the rooms looked the same. He looked at one of the windows, already seeing its difference. It had to be made with some other type of material, it just didn't look normal at all. Proving his theory, Raymond closed his eyes and twitched his hands. When he re opened them, they were white again and a gust of wind traveling at a high speed was sent towards the window, expecting it to break. Only seconds later, the wind was sent back at him, sending him against the wall with a "huff".

"Well I'll be damned. They put shit on the windows so I can't break ‘em. Whats next?!" He said looking around. Though he shortly found after that there was more in his oddly colored room then just un breakable windows. Above his bed in a shiny glass case, there was some sort of gun. Though he wasn't sure if it was used just as a warning, or if they were testing him. He slowly started advancing towards the glass case..

"Recruits! Briefing! Get out here now!" Raymond froze in place, then rolled his eyes and ran out of his room, along with everyone else in the place. It was the guy from before, the one who just loved to boss people around. Great. After about ten minutes of explaining from both the commander and two people who introduced themselves as Psi and Tyr, they were dismissed and Raymond all but rushed back to his room. God those people. If they could get anymore annoying, he would die. After picking his stuff up around the room and placing it neatly in the closet, Raymond sat on his bed and crossed his legs, soon after closing his eyes. He took a deep breath, then exhaled out of his nose, and when he did, he found himself floating above his bed, in what seemed to him, perfect harmony.

The first thing Sam noticed when the blonde guy opened the door wasn't him, but his room.

Dude, how come you get an arcade, while I get a hotel room?! Sam thought, trying to keep her jaw from dropping from both envy and astonishment. She knew her head was shifting, but couldn't feel what, so she couldn't tell what was happening. (Her hair was turning blonde, her least favorite hair color on her. One time she tried it in front of a mirror out of curiosity, but nearly screamed out when she saw the result.) But what she said was...

"Nah, just meeting people. That's what our new...trainers said." Sam replied, searching for the right word to use for those odd, mind-sliding featured people. "I'm Sam. Interesting place here, right? With the awesome commons and stuff. Have you seen those other people? There's that girl with smoke coming out of her nostrils, some guy with blades all over him, and that person who seems to have his own personal wind. Have you met them yet? Who are they? What do you think of the whole 'missions' and 'training thing'? What can you-" Common sense decided to kick in. "Oh. Sorry. Who are you?"

In a sentence, Sam was curious about the entire thing. Why, and what, in the world were they here for? Maybe someone here knew.

After wallowing a bit, (Wich was Riley's specialty), Riley got up and headed for the kitchen, almost tripping on someone's suitcase sticking out of their room. She cursed silently to herself, checking to see that no one was looking. The cost was clear, and Riley walked into the kitchen. It wasn't much, just a medium-sized room with a sparkling tile floor and sand-colored walls. Across the north wall were some appliances, a stove, microwave, coffee maker, and a refridgerator. Cabinets lined the wall over the stove and fridge. In the middle of the room, sat some small, round, tables with fold-out chairs. Large windows were perched against the south wall, letting light stream in. Also, a small desk was push against the south wall, with magazines stacked ontop. Riley walked over to the cabinets and pulled out some Lucky Charms, and grabbed a spoon.

Her mom always teased her about eating cereal without milk. She would say that Riley only ate dry cereal to avoid the milk. That was almost true, because Riley hated milk. Riley sighed and solemnly ate her cereal, wincing at the crunch it made.

No sooner had Keiran immersed himself in the world between the pages of his book, than he had set it down again. Something was bothering him, he just felt uneasy in this place, something about the way those two, Psi and Tyr, talked made him feel something was... off. Just to give himself something to take his mind off of things, he decided he was thirsty, which was half-true, at least.

He got up and walked out into the common room, there were scattered groups of recruits "meeting and greeting" about the room. For the most part everyone at least seemed to be getting along. Good news, considering they would soon be relying on each other. One of the training exercises would be teamwork after all. There I go thinking about training again, he thought. He figured it better to let himself pretend he didn't have responsibilities until they actually arose, as the saying went: he would cross that bridge when he came to it.

He came walking into the kitchen and came across a girl alone, she looked familiar to him, and then he remembered the red-headed girl who had been ahead of him in line a week ago. strange that he came across her, while she was eating dry cereal, no less. "Sorry, I don't mean to bother you," He said as he opened the refrigerator and grabbed a soda, "Thirsty," He said smiling as he started to walk out, but he stopped at the door and turned back to her. "If you don't mind my asking, why are you in here all alone?" He asked as friendly as he could, and then smiled before adding, "Or would you rather me leave you to eat your Lucky Charms in peace?"

Riley looked up, startled. Then, she regained herself and slowly swallowed. "I haven't met anyone yet, so I decided to have lunch by myself." She smiled. "Of course, if you'd like to stay, be my guest. I was getting lonely." Riley motioned to the chair next to her. "Unless you have something more important to do, I understand." She spooned more cereal into her mouth.

Rai mentally smiled in amusement at the girl's rapid string of questions. It sounded much like himself after he drained his dad's car battery when he was five. He couldn't sleep for a week and had had invented him own language of rapid-fire English that only a caffenine junkie would understand. When the girl, Sam, finally seemed to get a hold of herself, she asked for his name.

"I am Raiden Storm." He replied , his eyes popping at the fact that her hair had suddenly turned a very blond shade that did not match with this girl whatsoever. "But call me Rai. Everyone does." He noticed a red-haired girl walking down the hall behind him to go to the common room. Not a minute later the guy with blades that Sam had mentioned followed the girl's path. "But yes, I have seen other people here. That one girl you mentioned, the one that breathes fire and smoke, she was directly in front of me during that sign-up thing. So, I got some information on her. She's called Lastel Bourne, and can breath fire as naturally as she can see. And the guy with blades...I'm not sure about him. I like his arsenal though, and that guy about wind? Never heard of 'im."

He casually leaned against the door frame and fiddled with a lock of his hair, a sign that he was truly thinking this time. "About the missions....I honestly have no idea what to think. It seems almost as if we're some sort of police force, but people already have those. It's almost like there are other people out there like us, and we have to fight them for whatever reason. And to tell you the truth, I like the idea of training. Most likely we're just a bunch of kids with supernatural powers who have no idea what to do with them or how to use them properly. That girl, Lastel? I once read about her in the newspapers before I came here, appearently she fried a school's hallway because she combined her fire-breathing with pyrokinesis and lit the whole place up like that." At the last two words, he snapped his fingers for emphasis.

He realised that more recruits were venturing out of their rooms, one being the very girl he was just talking about. He didn't like being in a crowd when talking to someone with subjects like this. He took a step back so the doorway was open. "Wanna come in?" He asked, motioning to his room.

The girl motioned for him to sit down and asked if he had anything better to do. Keiran looked at the soda in his hands and thought of the book he left back in his room. With sudden realization, he concluded that he was a very boring person. He laughed to himself as he answered, "Actually, I've nothing to do at all," He said as he waved his free hand in a shooing motion that meant absolutely nothing, "I haven't met anyone yet either. You're the first." He took a seat in the free chair she had motioned to.

"My name is Keiran Ingerson, by the way." He said as he extended a hand, and then added with a smile, "Or Ghost, I suppose, seeing as we're supposed to use code names for whatever reason."

Riley chucked. "Nice to meet you, Ghost. I'm Riley Starfield, AKA Soundwave." She demonstrated her powers by sending a small soundwave into the air. "I just can't get used to only using codenames. I've been Riley for..." She counted on her fingers, "My whole life! Except when my sister'd call me RyRy..." Riley trailed off suddenly, floating back in time.

"Oh, Denise, she's beautiful." David Starfield said, stroking the baby's head. "Lemme see Daddy! Lemme see!" Riley exclaimed, holding up her arms. David chuckled, and lifted his first-born up to see the new baby. "You're a big sister now," He whispered, holding Riley up so she could see. "What's her name, Daddy?" Riley asked, reaching out and touching the baby's tiny balled fist. David looked over at Denise. "Hannah." Mrs. Starfield sighed. "Hannah."

Riley shook her head, and realized that she had tears in her eyes. "Sorry," She mumbled. "It's the soda. Lemon-lime makes me tear up." Shaking her head again, Riley tried for a different subject. "So, what are your powers?"

"Sure." Sam replyed, still unaware of her horrific blondeness even when she flicked a strand out of her eye. Sometimes she could be so oblivious, while at others, nothing escaped her notice. "What games do you have in your arcade of a room? Can I play? Do you have Pac-Man? The classics are the best. I got a hotel-type room. Boring, really. I'm going to have to get some paint in this place somehow."

But behind the chatty exterior, her mind was both racing and a little distracted. A fire-breathing pyrokinetic?! She got placed here for 'delinquency' too?! Oh my goodness, what can that guy with blades do? How'd he get here? Oooh, yay, Pac-Man! Maybe this time I can actually beat level three. My hand-eye coordination stinks when playing the GBA version. Maybe...hey, I wonder who that wind guy is!

Sam rushed right in, barely noticing the other furnishings and going straight towards one of the games.

"Coooooool." She said, dragging out the word to more syllables than it needed. The excitement caused her hands to sprout thick, red fur.

Sam was one of those people who lived in the extremes. She was either extremely hyper, extremely aggressive, extremely excitable, extremely jumpy, and extremely chatty or very lethargic, very indifferent, and coldly calm. This didn't help when it came to keeping the shifting under control.

Sam immedietly (sp?) shoved her hands in her pockets right when she was about to pounce on the machine. This caused her to bump into it, and stumble backwards.

Got to get back under control. She thought, trying to breathe deeply, as all those stupid yoga books said. Get myself under control. Don't get excited. Furry is not good.

"Soundwave," He said with a whistle at her demonstration of powers, "Yeah, I know how you feel... Well at least I can imagine how you feel," He scratched his head before he explained, "No one has called me by my real name in a long time, then again, no one called me Ghost either." She seemed sidetracked by something and her eyes began to tear up. Whatever that was, he thought after her explanation, it wasn't lemon-lime soda.

He didn't want to attempt the always awkward, "want to talk about it" line, especially not this soon after meeting someone. He could only imagine it was something to do with her past, as far as he could tell, people like them didn't have very desirable pasts. Her question returned him from his line of thought, "Hm? Oh me? Nothing as cool as your sound wave power," He looked at the shadow being cast by his soda on the table. He reached out and dipped his fingers into the shadow, like he was feeling the temperature of a body of water. "I can move through shadows, and," He said pulling back his hand and holding it out toward the shadow, which twisted and turned into something harmless, a bunny, at least the shadow of one. "It's sort of a cheap parlor trick, I can do more, but this is only a demonstration after all." He said smiling again.

"So," He said to avoid an awkward silence, "How did they find you?"

"Cool." Riley smiled, watching him. "How did they find me?" She asked, looking down. "My stepfather ratted me out. Told me I was a freak, and should be contained..." Riley sighed, blinking back more tears. This time she didn't even try to make an excuse. "My dad died when I was four and... Oops. I'm boring you with my sob story. Ah, I have to stop doing that." Riley shook her head, trying to fend back the thoughts. "So, how did they find you?"

Lastel trudged out into the common room, where many of the new recruits were already socializing and introducing themselves. She sighed and went around the big crowd and into the kitchen, where two of the recruits were socializing; a red-haired girl and a guy with way too many knives to count. Nodding politely to them, Lastel headed over to the pantry and opened it, trying (and failing) not to show her surprise as she saw a various array of different types of chips and snacks that Joan would have scoffed at and called "unhealthy."

Scanning her selection, Lastel reached up and snagged a bag of Doritoes, Hot Wing flavored. Then she skirted to the refridgerator and grabbed a Coke. Driven by some insane corner of her mind, she went over to the two that were conversing and apparently enjoying themselves.

"Excuse me," she asked in her most polite voice, wishing for the ten thousandth time that smoke would stop flowing out of her mouth like it had nothing better to do! "Mind if I make this group a trio?"

~~~

Rai chuckled at the girl's excitedness. It reminded him so much of himself. He must have dislocated his jaw though when it dropped at the sight of fur growing on the girl's hands. "Pac-Man is this one," he murmured, going to the one closest to the recliner in front of the TV. "There's a list: Pac-Man, Galaga, Xevious, and Mappy. Just scroll to Pac-Man with the joystick." He chuckled lightly at her bumping into one of his shooter games.

He realised suddenly that he was staring. Again. "Um, sorry for my rudemess," he began, "but what was that? You changed your hair color and your hands grew fur. Is that your power or something?"

"Yeah, I'm a sha-" Sam paused, thinking of what Rai had said a second earlier.

"Waitasec, I changed my hair color?!" Sam yelled, yanking her ponytail in front of her face. When she saw it was horrifically bottle blonde ("Like all those other celebrity wannabes." as she would put it), she uttered a small scream. "I'm blonde?! How…stupid abilities."

She concentrated and she shifted it back to its normal medium-dark brown. Sam focused once more and the red fur receded back into normal, pale, hands.

"I'm a shapeshifter if that explains things. I can easily do minor alterations to myself, like changing features and height and even age appearance, with a little work." Sam explained a tad sheepishly, twisting a strand of hair from her ponytail. "Turning into an animal, even an anthropomorphic one, eats up energy big time, you know. But it is fun. Watch this!"

Sam loved showing off, she had no reason to hide her abilities now, so why not? Sam concentrated on a form that wouldn't damage her clothes or Rai's room, thankfully. Grey-brown fur sprouted all over her. Sam then made sure the tail came slowly, as not to ruin the back of her pants. The skinny tail then sprouted bushy grey-brown fur to match the rest of Sam. She felt her feet alter inside her shoes into large dog-like paws and her fingertips sprouted tough, dog-like nails meant for digging. The last thing to change though was her head. The fur was there, so that was a start. Sam removed her hat, sucked her hair back into her head, and allowed her ears to slide up her head and mold to a triangular, pointy instruments of great sound detection, though they were very sensitive. Here came Sam's least favorite part. Her nose and mouth bulged forward into a muzzle with a dark nose and sharp teeth. Sam hated having to shift the teeth. It was the only part in which she had more than discomfort, she had pain. The final thing to change was her eyes. They changed from brown to hazel, the hazel of a coyote, rather common around where Sam lived. Color faded to a bluish tinge as the last change came.

And all that shifting took about twenty seconds, and she was famished. But she had been practicing.

"Dude, don't speak too loudly. It hurts. I'm an anthro-coyote. That give you a good idea of what I can do?" Sam said in a voice gritter and deeper than her own. Somehow combining coyote and human vocal cords gave her this voice, but it was better than no voice. She paused. "I'm hungry. Want to go to the kitchen?"

Riley looked up, her blue eyes sparkling. "Whoa," She joked. "It's becoming a real party in here." She looked over to Ghost, who nodded. "'Course you can join. We're not talking about anything interesting, though." She took a sip of her orange juice, wich was just about half-gone. "Was the common room too much for ya? It was too loud for me. Strangely, I'm really sensitive to sounds, even though I'm the ultimate loud-mouth..." She trailed off, chuckling. "Oh, right. I forgot, you don't know me. I'm Riley, A.K.A Soundwave. I can control sounds." She stopped abrubtly, realizing that she was chattering. Trying to regain herself, Riley asked, "Who are you?"

"People don't usually understand us." He said grimly, "When I was sixteen I ran away from home, my parents were trying to send me to an institute, said I needed fixing and that I wasn't normal," He said making the air quotes for the words "fixing" and "normal". "I'm sorry you had to go through what you did." He said coolly, his eyes shone with understanding.

When she asked how they found him, that was the only time that his usual smile disappeared from his lips, his face became serious. "It's a long story," He stated flatly as he played absent-minded with a shadow dancing across the table. Another girl walked into the kitchen and began looking for snacks. It was nice to have something to change the subject, his past wasn't his favorite topic.

The girl came over to the table and asked to join them very politely. Keiran simply nodded when Riley looked at him. Riley introduced herself and Keiran took the momentary pause to get a few words in, "And I'm Keiran. Also known as Ghost, pleasure to meet you." He was smiling again as he awaited her introduction.

Lastel smiled, glad that at least people here were polite. "thank you," she said, taking a seat at the table. The red-haired girl introduced herself as Riley, or rather, Soundwave, which would obviously be her codename. "Well, I didn't go into the common room because I don't like crowds." She paused, "and bad things happen when I'm in crowds. Besides, I wanted a snack. It's a pleasure to meet both of you." She listened to Kieran's, aka Ghost's introduction. "My name's Lastel," she told them, "or I guess Phoenix, since that's the codename I gave them."

She popped open her soda and took a sip. Delicious. It was odd, seeing as the only liquid she couldn't stand was water. Everything else was perfectly fine. "It's a good thing to be around people like you," she didn't know who she was really talking to, herself or them. "So you aren't shunned by those who are afraid or don't understand."

~~~

Rai's everlasting smile grew bigger at Sam's surprise to her hair color changing. Cursing her power, her hair suddenly changed back to its original color.

"A shapeshifter?" Rai asked in amazement. "Wow, you can do a bunch of things with a power like that." Then, his eyes all but left their sockets as they widened from witnessing the girl change from a human into an anthro-coyote thing. Or was it a wolf? The two looked a lot alike to him. "Nice," he listened to her explanation and request. "Sure, I'm hungry too. But, I'll give you a 'treat', you showed me your power, I'll show you mine."

He went over to one of the arcade machines and placed his hand on it, after a few seconds, the screen flickered, then flickered again, then went dead. Rai removed his hand and grinned at Sam. "I actually have three powers," he explained, "my main one is electrokinesis, or control of electricity. Watch." He spread his fingers out and a shimmer of air seemed to run over them, then there was a zzzzzzr buzz and a bluish-white ball of electricity sprung from the boy's palm, casting twirling tendrils of more electricity across his fingers. "I can also absorb the electricity out of anything that has it, like batteries and my arcade game. Since we live in a word fueled by electricity, I can be a major threat if I wanted. Way to go Edison." He smiled at his perhaps poor joke.

"I can use my own energy to fuel this electrokinesis, but that tires me out as well. The longest I've ever done it was about fifteen minutes, but I never changed how much energy I used so," he shrugged at the last part. "Now, here's something I'm really good at: illusions." He snapped, his fingers, dispelling the lightning on his hand and snapped them again. An exact copy of Sam's anthro-coyote body suddenly appeared beside the girl. The only difference was this form had her arms crossed. "It barely takes anything to make illusions for me," Rai explained, "it's just bending light, but making them look realistic, that is a constant challenge that always had one thing wrong or another. The biggest problem about illusions though is that they have no shadow, since they're not solid. So if you know how to spot one, then the person casting the illusion is screwed. Then the last one I have is rather...involuntary, as I should put it. As I told that cranky registration guy, it only happens when I'm really mad or surprised, or perhaps an emotion spike. It's why I gave them the codename 'Flash'. But, I think I've done enough rambling. 'Bout that snack?"

Without waiting to see if she was following, Rai dispelled the illusion and rushed out the door. He stopped just outside the entrance and waited patiently.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. 'Treat'. I'm a coyote, not a dog." Sam said, a little exasperated. "But I've found out I can't do a whole lot at the spur of the moment, which I'll probably need at this place. I have to fine-tune the forms a lot. I designed a dragon form that took me three months to get the wings and body right. Real people and animals are a lot easier."

Rai's power was amazing, though. Electrokinesis would be dangerous in this world. Watching him form the illusion was fascinating. Very, very accurate, too. He would be great at hiding people in a pinch.

For some odd reason, maybe it was her nose, but Rai smelled good. Like a deep, slightly sweet musk.

As he moved to the door to go to the kitchen, Sam shifted back to human and replaced her hat. No need to freak out other people this early. She had done that unintentionally in the past, without shifting, and it had ended badly. Her social skills weren't the best. Passable, but not great.

"I'm coming, Rai." Sam said, walking to the kitchen area. The kitchen was obviously well stocked, including a coffeemaker (yum, coffee...) and a microwave. All it needed was a blender. She was a wiz with the blender, often making soup and smoothies for dinner when her parents were out. The red-headed girl, an older male covered in blades, and the girl with smoke curling out of her nostrils were there. However, food was her first priority as it usually was.

Opening the stainless-steel refridgerator, she grabbed a slice of bread out of a partially open bag, opened up the meat-and-cheese drawer and grabbed a bag of cold-cut turkey. She opened up the turkey, grabbed a few slices, and stuffed one in her mouth, closed the bag, and replaced it in the drawer.

"Heh. Turkey's not bad." Sam said quietly, swallowing the turkey. She grabbed her sandwich (which by now was much more meat than bread), grabbed a seat, and slid up to the table with the rest of the people.

"Hey. I'm Sam." Sam said, taking a bite of the meat-wich.

Rai followed Sam out into the kitchen, where a trio had already gathered at a table. And, by some odd coincidence, they were the exact same trio Sam had been talking about earlier. How odd, but at least they could perhaps get to know each other. The three seemed friendly enough, and with Sam talking to them then maybe they could just have a friendly chat and-hey was that a coffee machine?

Once again his train of though crashed and burned, and he just about cleared the gap between him and the coffee maker in one leap. His dad often shuddered (as did everyone else) when they even thought of Rai drinking coffee, but it wasn't as bad as they imagined. He just couldn't sit still, and it saved him from having to drain the TV of power. For some reason, he needed more calories and energy than a regular person, he had no idea why, and he could burn them off at a respectable rate. He opened the cabinet directly above him and after a few seconds of searching, took out a can of Maxwell House's ground coffee beans. Remebering the steps that he so often used back at home, he filled the machine with water, put the coffee beans in their proper place, closed the lid and pressed the button.

"M'kay," he turned to the four others, "for those who want coffee you're welcome to have some when it's ready." With that being said, he turned to a nearby fruit bowl and picked out a big orange-red apple. Gala, he guessed. Not wanting to be left out, he took up another seat, between Sam and Lastel. Awesome, he was now sandwiched between two girls. "Well, sorry for the rudeness. I'm Rai."

The girl, Lastel, stirred and put a red-hot Doritoe in her mouth. "Lastel," she said when she swallowed it.

"I'm Riley." Riley smiled. "This kitchen's becoming a real hot spot! And for the coffee, no, thanks. I'm not that big on caffene." Riley looked around, and stared back down at her cereal. "What? I'm not a typical teenager, y'know. I don't eat all of that junk. These Lucky Charms are as far as my mom'd ever let me push the sugar." She blushed.

"Keiran," Keiran said the single word with a nod, looking around at all the people now surrounding the kitchen table. The girl with the sandwich seemed to have a healthy appetite, at least for meat. He listened to Riley's talk about the coffee and how she wasn't a "typical teenager" he couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, to be fair, can anybody here really be considered typical?" He asked finishing his soda with a quick gulp.

"As for the coffee, I'll take a cup, seeing as it appears that I'll be here for longer than I bargained for when I came in for a drink." He smiled while he looked around the teens around him, then he remembered that he was the oldest person sitting in the kitchen and felt that annoying sense of responsibility.

"Me, too! I love coffee!" Sam said, smiling. The very thought of coffee made her warm and fuzzy inside. She was one who fell asleep on caffeine. One would expect it with her energy patterns.

In response to Keiran's 'typical' remark, she said, "If you're here, you aren't. Geez, I got sent here because of an accidental 'assault'." She then took a large bite of the turkey meat-wich and turned to the smoky girl and said, "Lastel, eh? Mind if I steal some chips?"

Only a few doors down, Raymond heard several conversations going on at once. People sure did love this place already, didnt they? He sighed and tried concentrating once more, only to hear someone, or rather, something, crashing into another thing. He could barely make out apologizing, then even fainter in the distance, more conversation. He closed his eyes even tighter, trying to focus on peace and the air around him to calm him down, but it only failed, as his concentration finally broke altogether and his body fell onto the bed. He slowly opened his eyes, then glared at the wall. He hated his concentration being lost. After finally getting up after calming himself down, he hesitated then walked out of them room.

What was he going to do next? He wasn't one for socializing with people, but then again, it wouldn't hurt to get some people on his side for once, he chuckled then sighed. His best bet was the kitchen, there was alot going on there right now, no doubt, plus he was hungry. Well, the food was most likely better then the food at his house, so that was a plus. Maybe he'd have another soda or two, or three. Ham would go along nicely with that as well. He began walking towards the kitchen, the images of the people appearing in full view now. There were several people, all were conversing with each other, or the people around them. Finally, when he reached the kitchen, he caught a quick glance at everyone, nodded in some sort of greeting, then reached for the refrigerator door.

Riley shifted uncomfortably in her chair. She couldn't do with all of the people. She feigned a yawn and got up. "Well, I think I'm going to catch a nap. Big day tomorrow, y'know?" She smiled at everyone, and then power-walked away.

Once she was back in her room, Riley sighed and plopped down on the bed. A thought ran through her head. She picked up the new phone she'd bought. Dialing the number by heart, she waited breathlessy for Hannah to pick up.

"Hello?" Hannah answered, sounding bored.
"Han... It's me, Riley." Riley whispered.
"RyRy! Oh my gosh! Where are you? Are you okay? Oh, Riley!" Hannah practilcally screamed.
"Keep it down! I'm fine. How are you?" Riley asked, purposely leaving out her location.
"I'm... in a foster home. He hit me, Riley."
"Who? Who hit you?" Riley broke into a cold sweat. She knew, without having to ask.
"Kirk. The social service lady says I can go home when the divorice is all worked out."
"Why did he hit you? Are you hurt? Oh, I shoulda been there to protect you!" Riley started to cry.
"No, Ry. Please, don't cry. There's nothing you could have done. He got mad when mom told him that you didn't like him. He should've known it, though." Hannah said, with a weak giggle. "He told me that I was just like you, and that I would turn him, just like you did. And that I probably had superpowers too. So, he hit me and Mom. Mom's in the hospital. She got hurt real bad." This was more than and eleven-year-old should have to go through. Riley decided.
"I'll be there soon, I promise."
"No," Hannah answered, her voice strong. "You're staying there, so you can learn to control your powers and be a superhero, and save the world and stuff. Just promise you'll call me."
"I promise."
"Really?"
"Cross my heart and hope to die." Riley smiled.
"Okay. I love you Riley. See you." Click

"I love you too." Riley whispered, laying back on her bed.

A new person wandered into the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge he nodded and then began to rummage. "Wow, it really is becoming a party in here." Keiran said before Riley yawned and said that she was leaving. Keiran thought about the training they would go through tomorrow and then added, "Never been one for parties, actually, I'm going to head back to my room and get some sleep as well. We'll be starting training tomorrow after all. Sorry I'll have to pass on the coffee after all." He said as he stood up. He left the kitchen and headed back toward his room, there were more people here than he thought. He could tell that now that everyone was in scattered groups around the common room. He simply passed by everyone else without making a sound and walked into his room.

He looked around at his room again and plopped down on his bed. He felt a little more at ease now that he knew there were people here who understood the way that he felt. He took his blades off and hung them over the chair and changed into some more comfortable clothes and then before he knew it he was drifting off to sleep.