• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hacked Pokemon?

Well the Pokemon I used as a test is completely normal besides the hack part, but if you didn't know it was hacked you wouldn't be able to tell. I'm guessing that the Pokemon was hacked to have those moves.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
If it's a perfect clone of an existing Pokemon made using certain means, it's usually virtually impossible to tell which is the clone and which is the original. However, there are sometimes certain indicators which show that a Pokemon is hacked (and hacked into the game badly), such as impossible movesets and the like. In some occasions you can't trade a hacked Pokemon via wifi (I had a friend hack some breeding dittos into his game and tried to WT them out, but he messed up and so he has a box of untradable Dittos now).

I bought a used copy of Pokemon Y and I tried to WT a scatterbug but the thing wouldn't let me, but it let me do it to all the other trash that was on there

A hacked pokemon will often have an "obtained location" that isn't right or moves it shouldn't know; or my personal favourite wild caught shiny pokemon with 6 IVs. XD

Yeah, how obvious the hack is really depends on what the person who hacked the Pokemon in the first place intended. Sometimes people will hack in Pokemon with perfectly legitimate movesets and what have you with 6 perfect IVS just to save them on the amount of time that they'd have to spend breeding to get that Pokemon to battle with in the first place. Other times well... uh... I'm just gonna leave this here...

It also depends on the type of cheat device used, Powersaves often you can't tell the difference. I don't know many others but some change the game so much it's pretty obvious.