• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Haikyuu: The Clipped Crows

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
I already did a Haikyu rp but it died oof. So I'm gonna try and keep this one going. Here's the character sheet.

Character sheet
Name:
Position:
Appearance:
Year:

My character sheet
Name: Toriyama Tobui
Height: 5'5
Position: Wing-spiker
Appearance: Wavy black hair that fades into orange. The typical uniform from Karasuno and an orange shirt underneath of the Tiny giant. With black shoes.
Year: 1st

Enjoy :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new school year began at Karasuno high school, students walked through the gates chatting amongst each other. A popular topic amongst the chatting was sport. What sports club to join and when to join it. The Basketball club, the Soccer Club and the Tennis club were 3 popular suggestions. But only one boy, amongst the crowd, had a different idea. Something he was looking forward to for a long time. A boy named Toriyama Tobui was keen on joining the school's Volleyball Club. He ran through the hallways and out of the school back door where the path to the gymnasium was located. He couldn't wait. He burst open the door to see nobody there, looks like he was the only person there.

So he practised on his own, it was very boring and he wondered when other members of the club would show up, or maybe he was the only one wanting to join, this thought made Toriyama sigh in disappointment. As he continued to practice serving by himself, waiting for others to come.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Name: Yukimura Mizuki
Height: 5'7
Position: Setter
Appearance: His white hair is somewhat messy and short. His eyes are light blue. While not wearing his school uniform, he often wears a sweatshirt with a t-shirt and jeans. Can also be found with headphones either over his ears or around his neck.
Year: 2nd
==============
Yukimura Mizuki was tired that morning as he walked into Karasuno High. He had stupidly decided to stay up late last night. He somehow forgot he had school the next day.
He wanted to get some practice in because he hadn't practiced in a few days. He entered the gym to find a boy, shorter and younger than him, practicing by himself. Mizuki blinked. Who the heck is that? He thought.
"Hey, Short Stuff, what're you doing you?" He asked the oddly colored haired boy.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Toriyama flinched from the silence of the gym suddenly being broken, he turned around to find a boy standing at the doorway.
"Practicing, I'm learning to jump serve," Toriyama responded as he picked up a volleyball from the basket, he stood at the end line. "I'm just waiting for other members to come along."

Throwing the ball into the air, Toriyama swung his arms back and leapt high into the air, he hit the ball but it ended up slamming into the net. "Damn it..." Toriyama growled in disappointment, turning back to the boy in the doorway, he introduced himself. "My name is Toriyama Tobui, I want to be a wing spiker."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Mizuki let out a small chuckle as the boy's fall hit the net. And started laughing when he told him he wanted to be a Spiker. "You?" He said, trying to contain his laughter. "A short little thing like you can't even do a stupid jump serve." He set his bag down by the door and cracked his neck because it was stiff. He didn't mean to look intimidating, but if that's what this Toriyama kid thought, that's fine too.

He walked over and grabbed one of the balls. He loved the feeling of the ball in his hands. It was cold and smooth.
He threw it into the air, running forward a bit, throwing his arms back, and jumping into the air. Mizuki hit the ball, making go over the net and hitting the other side of the gym. "That's how you do a jump serve."

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Angered by the boy's attitude, Toriyama picked a ball up and look at him dead in the eye.

"Well then, if I'm not able to be a spiker, why not send me some sets. You'd be surprised."

He picked up the ball and held it up to the boys chest in frustration. "Unless you can't do it..."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
The white haired boy smirked and let out a small chuckle. "I'm a Setter. Of course I can set." He took the ball under his arm and walked closer to the net. Is this kid seriously for real? He sighed, shaking his head. First years...
The last thing this kid was, was the Tiny Giant. There was no way he could jump that high or anything... Right?

He looked at Toriyama. Doesn't 'tori' mean bird? Does this kid think his imaginary wings are gonna carry him? He chuckled to himself.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Toriyama backed up a bit for his run-up. He stretched his legs as he asked the boy what his name was, it was only common sense to get to know somebody's name before making them feel like an absolute idiot. Which was Toriyama's full intention. He wasn't as tall as anybody else, but with the help of a certain somebody, Toriyama has his own way of flight.

"Well then, ready?" Toriyama said in a position as if he were to start spritning

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Yukimura Mizuki." He said, looking at the floor, trying to gain focus. He looked up again and realized Toriyama was all the way over there. Looking like he was about to sprint over. "Good luck." He mumbled.

He held the ball over his head and tossed it into the air. This kid isn't going to make it over here in time, let alone make a jump high enough. It's like he's trying to embarrass himself.
What, are you trying to embarrass yourself?
Laughed the voice in his head. A lump formed in his throat. Why now...?

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
In the blink of an eye, Toriyama sprinted at his full speed and leaped high into the air, suprisingly high for his small height. He looked at Yukimura mid air. Giving him a a look which spoke for itself. A look which said.

"How do you like me now"

BAM

Toriyama struck the ball and slammed it down with all his might. It bounced onto the other court as Toriyama landed on his feet. "Now then, let me repeat myself." He said walking towards Yukimura. "My name is Toriyama Tobui, and I want to be a wing spiker."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Mizuki stared at him for a good minute, speechless. He looked at the ball, then back to Toriyama again. This kid really does have wings…
His dumbstruck expression slowly turned into a smile and he let out a small chuckle. “I am such an idiot.” He mumbled, still smiling. He couldn’t help but laugh at himself. How could he have done what others had done to him? How dare he lower himself to their level.

“I’m sorry…Uh…” He wasn’t exactly the best at apologizing. “I shouldn’t’ve made fun of you before getting to know you.” Mizuki placed a hand behind his head, looking at the ground. He exhaled slowly.
Imagine this kid in a fight, man. He could obliterate someone’s face!

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Chuckling a bit, Toriyama patted Mizuki's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, I just get worked up pretty easily. No hard feelings or anything."

Toriyama picked the ball up from the other court and gave it to Mizuki. "Come on! You still have some more in you don't you? Why not toss me some more sets while we're here!"

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
He was a little surprised when Toriyama patted his shoulder. Mizuki next really experienced much affection like hugs, high fives, or just being touched at all. His parents were always busy and he was an only child. So he never had anyone around.

More in me, huh?… He looked at the shorter boy, who had given him a ball. “Well, then, let’s get to it.” He gave a small smile.
He remembered back in junior high when he was horrible. Couldn’t set a single ball straight. He was shorter then too. The volleyball team made fun of him and kept picking on him. They never let him on the team. From 2nd to 3rd year in junior high, he gave up trying to get onto the team and just focused on practicing.
After junior high, he applied for Karasuno, knowing they were one of the best. And since he was a lot better, he figured it was time to join the volleyball club…They accepted him, making it one of the happiest days of his life.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"I want to see if i can hit a speedy set. Mind making it as fast as possible?" Toriyama suggested while pointing to the antenna at the other end of the net. "Over there would be good. I'm easily blocked, so i want to try out a move to help shake the blockers off, think you can do it?"

Maybe he was asking too much, or maybe Mizuki could do it. Toriyama didn't know how good of a setter that Mizuki was, so Toriyama didn't really know what to expect. The set he did earlier wasn't very bad though, almost as if Mizuki aimed for where Toriyama would hit.

"I'll toss the ball to you, and you set it as fast as you can. I'll be there."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Speedy set, huh? I can try… Mizuki thought as he listened to Toriyama. He wasn’t sure how good his aim would be if he did it fast. “Yeah, sure.” He finally said.
He nodded to Toriyama as he explained that he’d throw it to him and…be there. I’ll be there? Man, this kid really is digging into my emotions. He’s good at it too. All he as to do is talk.
Mizuki got into position. “Ready when you are, Tori.” He told him. He often gave people nicknames.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Toriyama threw the ball in the air as it drifted to the setters position where Mizuki waited. Without a second thought, Toriyama ran to the other side of the net before the set came it's way.

A habit which grew on him ever since primary school was to visualize blockers running after him in attempts to stop him. He visualized 2 blockers as his jump started leaping into the air. The visualized blockers weren't caught up. He then realized he jumped way too early.

Crap...I jump to early, I was to riled up. I don't think Mizuki can cover it...

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki watched the ball, ready to set it. Then he saw Toriyama running over and jumping. I didn't think he meant that fast! Mizuki hit the volleyball as fast as he could in Tori's direction. Low enough for the moment he were to fall from his jump. Please make it...
He tripped over his own feet and fell backwards.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Seeing the ball zoom in his direction, Toriyama swung his arm down. He closed his eyes and hoped, it was pointless having them open, there was no way a set like that was slow enough to have time and line up. He felt his hand collide with something followed by a sudden bounce. Opening his eyes, he saw the ball on the opposite end of the court as it rolled off.

He...made that? This guy's aim is insane.

"Dude! that set was awesome, it felt soo good on my hand!" Toriyama cheered running over to Mizuki. He could barely make out words in excitement.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
He hit it…He hit it! Mizuki smiled as Tori ran over to him. “I didn’t actually think it would make it.” He told him, standing up, chuckling a bit. Tori seemed very happy and excited, practically jumping up and down. “Wanna do it again?” He asked with a smile.

(Next gen Kageyama and Hinata, baby!)

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(Yes sirrrr)

Toriyama's eyes lit up in excitement. "Hell yeah! that was amazing!" He cheered running to grab the ball. "This would be such a good thing to use in a game!"

Backing up, Toriyama threw the ball up and sprinted to the end of the net, jumping early again. He took a look over at Mizuki, but the ball was a bit far from the net.

Crap, i threw it too far before i ran, but that won't be a problem knowing Mizuki, he can turn a bad receive into a good one...Can he?

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki chuckled as Toriyama grabbed the ball and backed up again. He actually really liked this kid. He couldn’t even remember why he made fun of him in the first place.

“Whoa.” He said under his breath, watching the ball. Tori threw it too far. He quickly moved so he was under the ball. Tori also jumped early. Aw crap. He aimed, not as well as before, but still well, and tossed it…backwards. It flew towards Tori. Mizuki wasn’t too sure it would make it this time. If it did, he would make sure to never doubt this kid again.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Seeing the ball zoom his way, Toriyamas adrenaline was pumping like no tommorow. He recalled all of the previous sets, they seemed to go towards where his striking point would be, so he assumed that this set would do that same. However, Toriyama did throw it pretty bad, so he was unsure at first weither Mizuki was able to hit such a percise set. Soon enough, he trusted his setter and swung to hit.

He hit it

The ball slammed into the other side of the court, bouncing on impact. Toriyama hit spikes before, they had a feeling. But never has he ever or probably ever will have a feeling as good as hitting Mizukis sets.

"Me hit ball, happy is me ahh!" Toriyama babbled, he could barley speak propper english, he was way too happy.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki laughed at Toriyama, who was currently unable to speak properly. He couldn’t believe it made it. He hit it. HOW?! This was the craziest thing he had ever witnessed. Why was this awesome? Why did he feel awesome? Because he was awesome.

“Dude, how did you do that?!” He asked Tori. But, to be honest, he should be asking himself that. No one would ever know of his awesomeness, though. His parents didn’t care and neither did his friends that didn’t play volleyball. Only Toriyama would ever know.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"It's all you though!" Toiyama smiled, "You're sets are what's good, i'm just the one hitting them. Congratulate yourself, you're probably the best setter i've ever seen!"

Toriyama ran and picked up the ball, he then walked over to Mizuki. "Hey, mind teaching me the jump serve? I suck at it."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
He blushed slightly at the compliments. It is true, I suppose. He thought. Though the kid's a good Winged Spiker.

"Oh, the jump serve? I guess. I'm not the best teacher." Mizuki told him. Whenever he tried to teach someone something, he usually ended up getting mad at them or just couldn't explain it properly. "What exactly do you...suck at?"

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"I suck at a lot of things, one is the jump serve. You did it so effortlessley earlier, it sorta made me a bit jealous." Toriyama responded as he attempted the serve. He tossed it up in the air, ran up and jumped. He hit the ball with great force sending it shooting forward.

So far so good...

It flew over the net,

Looking good...

And it went out.

Toriyama felt like punching something but kept his cool. "Other then that, i suck at Blocking, Reciving and Setting. I'm only really good at spiking. I sorta suck really."

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
It went out… Mizuki had watched his serve. The kid had good force, but he needed to aim better and/or use less force. He could tell Toriyama was frustrated.

“Whoa, whoa, wait…Have you ever even played a game before? Like an actual game? In junior high maybe?” He asked the shorter boy. He can’t serve, block, receive, or set?! He would internally facepalmed if it was possible.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Well only one match, I got absolutely destroyed." He laughed. Toriyama tried to make it sound like a joke. But he was really hurt by the lost. Every single spike got blocked.

"Saying I can't do anything other than spiking is a pretty big overstatement. I can block but not very good, i can't at all set, I can receive pretty badly and my serves are bad too. I'm pretty bad at the basics honestly." Toriyama groaned, quickly turning to face Mizuki. "But with your sets, I feel like a pro!"

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki wasn’t sure what to say. Was this kid actually really bad at the basics of volleyball? He’s only played one game! Oh gosh…
“Um…O-okay. I can teach you stuff if you want.” He was never the best at teaching but he wanted to try. It was probably easier than teacher his 6 year old cousin how to play a video game.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Toriyama's eyes glew in pure excitment, he was ever only taught how to spike, so this was a big oppertunity for him. "Thanks alot Mizu!" Toriyama smiled, giving Mizuki his own nickname. "Mind teaching me how to serve first? I got the basics of it down, but it either hits the net or goes out."

Picking up the ball, Toriyama backed up to the end line. "Ready when you are."

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
why not

Name: Iwakabe 'Iwa' Ganbatsu
Height: 5' 3"
Position: Middle Blocker
Appearance: Iwa is a short, muscular young man of light complexion with long, straight hair of a black color that fades to mint green as it approaches his waist. He wears his hair loose with two clumps protruding slightly from each side of his head, a set of marginally shorter hair left down to frame his face, and unruly bangs over his forehead. He also possesses large, empty-looking mint-green eyes.
Year: 2nd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iwa entered to gym to see two boys practicing. Iwa just decided to sit down on a bench and read his comic as they played their round. 'Where am I again, oh yeah the Volleyball Club,' he thought as he read his comics. He also watched the other two boys play one of them seems to be setter and the other...maybe a wing spiker.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki felt slightly embarrassed at the nickname but got distracted by Toriyama’s request. “Serving. Right. Uh…” He knows how to serve so… “Try serving the ball lighter, yet higher. It might go over the net, but not get out.” He wasn’t sure if this helped. All the kid really needs to control his force the way he wants.

Suddenly, another boy entered the gym. His hair was quite long and oddly colored like Tori’s. He was muscular too, which Mizuki found interesting. The boy just sat there, reading his comic or whatever. The black and mint haired newcomer was also short. Shorter than Toriyama by the looks of it.
Mizuki didn’t realize he was staring at the boy as he thought about the possible reasons why he was here. Was he a volleyball player? Maybe a Libero? It’s rude to assume that, isn’t it? The white haired boy practically forgot about the serving practice.
Wait…Have I seen him before? He’s a second year, right? I can’t remember. The boy is quite distinctive. I’ve probably seen him walking around at least.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Iwa slowly looked up, as he saw one of the kids were staring him. He smiled and said, "You know it's rude to stare, right," 'I think I've seen this guy before' "Your Yukimura, if I'm not mistaken," Iwa said. He looked at Tori. "I'm Iwakabe Ganbatsu, but by all mean just call me Iwa, I'm a middle blocker," he said

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki blushed with embarrassment when the boy caught him staring. The boy introduced himself as Iwakabe Ganbastu. Oh, yeah. I remember that name.
Wait…a middle blocker?! Is this kid for real?— He sighed. Why did he always do this? When did this start? When did he start judging people, saying they can’t be what they want to be because they’re short? He did this with a lot of things. He laughed tall people who played Libero. He mocked clumsy people who danced or painted. He made fun of himself for trying anything.

“Do you have wings too?” He asked Iwa suddenly. He glanced over at Toriyama for a second, then back to Iwa. Tori has wings, and you can’t tell me otherwise.

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
"Wings?" Iwa said and then chuckled. "Most of my friends call me a rock wall," Iwa responded "Nothing gets by me," He said cheerfully. "I know I'm short, but I can still pack a punch, are you a setter or something," Iwa said with a raised eyebrow. He pointed to Tori, "that kid looks like he wants to be a wing spiker, if I'm right,"

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
“Yes, I am.” Replied the setter. He looked at Tori as Iwa pointed. “‘Wants to’ is an understatement. He is a wing spiker.” He told Iwa. “Care to see a demonstration?” He asked. He knew Toriyama couldn’t say no to another toss or two.

(Yo @Tackywacky, mind if I make another character?)

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(@Shikowara As long as it doesn't affect the story too much, go for it!)

Too focused on the conversation between Mizu and the Iwa. Toriyama was snapped out of his concentration from the sudden question from Mizuki, asking if he wanted another one of his sets. "Do you have to ask, heck yeah!" Toriyama cheered in excitement, he soon looked at Iwa and pointed at him. "I want you to block me! Mr so-called rock wall!"

Toriyama was hyped to show his skills to somebody else, Mizuki's too. He got ready and waited for the other two to get into their positions.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Name: Utaki Kazuya
Height: 5’10”
Position: Middle Blocker
Appearance: His brown hair is short and silky. His eyes are brown also. While not wearing his school uniform, he often wears long sleeved shirts and jeans.
Year: 1st
=====================
Yukimura Mizuki
“Don’t point, it’s rude.” He mumbled to Toriyama. Mizuki could see the excitement in Tori’s eyes. He got in position too.

He wanted Toriyama to get past this rock wall. The shorter ones almost always get blocked. Did you think the Tiny Giant didn’t get blocked when he first started out?

Utaki Kazuya
Utaki Kazuya had finally found the gym. He’d asked a couple people, which was hard for him because he was shy and often got anxiety just by talking to people.
He entered the gym to find three other boys talking, about to start some practice. Two of the boys were rather short, while the other was about…something. He wasn’t the best at height guessing. But, I mean, who is?

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Iwa gave a smirk and got into postion. "Let's see what you got Hermes," Iwa said. Iwa made a glance as someone new enetred the gym, Iwa took little notice of him. He rubbed his hands together. 'Tori,-eh...let's see if this guy really has wing,' Iwa thought as he got in postion. He gave a glance at both Tori and Mizuki and then nodded.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Yukimura Mizuki
Mizuki noticed another boy enter the gym. He didn’t really care, thought. He was too focused on practice.
He threw the volleyball up into the air, hoping that Toriyama could spike the ball past this so-called ‘Wall’. Come on, kid, you got this. Believe in yourself, there’s no looking back.

Utaki Kazuya
Utaki watched as the tall boy set the ball for the shorter boy. They both had determination in their eyes. He could tell they wanted to take down this middle blocker. He was interested in how they played.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Seeing the ball fly towards him, Toriyama swung his arm down hoping for the best, hoping to break through this brick wall. He had faith in his setter, they did this fast attack more than once, so he trusted that Mizuki could connect this set. Iwa hasn't moved yet, was he not able to react, or is he planning something?