• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help Out with Leafeon.

I need an EV Spread for Leafeon, moveset and nature suggestion for Leafeon.

I was recommended:

Leafeon@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 216 Def/ 40 SDef
-Wish
-Protect
-Leaf Blade
-Yawn/ Roar

I'm not sure I like this set. Protect is useless IMO, but Wish and Roar might come in handy.

Help with a better one?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Protect is far from useless - it has a lot of potential applications, least of all being the ultimate Slaking counter. Anyway, try these:

Leafeon @ Salac Berry
6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPEED
Adamant

- Flail
- Endure
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace/Iron Tail/Bite

Swords Dance up then Endure the hit that would kill you to trigger Salac Berry and boost Flail's power to 200, then start sweeping. Since Leafeon doesn't have any reliable Ghost/Dark moves other than Bite (which sucks, but it's there,) Ghosts may cause you problems with this. No STAB with this either, but 1 HP Flail is much stronger that STAB'ed Leaf Blade anyway.

Leafeon @ Salac Berry
6 HP/252 ATK/252 SPEED
Adamant

- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/Return
- X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/Return
- Swords Dance

Basically the same as the previous set except without Flail, so you get extra coverage at the cost of Flail's pure power. Swords Dance up, hope Salac triggers, and then sweep. Leaf Blade for STAB, X-Scissor for Psychic/Dark-types, Aerial Ace for Bugs and other Grass-types, Return because it hits crazily hard. If you want, you can go for all 4 recommended attack moves here, drop Swords Dance and have a Choice Band instead. See what you think.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 DEF/6 ATK
Relaxed

- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Wish
- Baton Pass

One thing all the Eeveelutions have in common is Baton Pass, and Leafeon is no different. Come in against a physical sweeper, start Swords Dancing up and then Baton Pass it to one of your physical sweepers, and you're sorted. The Relaxed Nature will drop your Speed stat - this is so that Leafeon will get hit on the turn it passes the Swords Dances instead of your sweeper. The decreased Speed also helps with passing Wish, so that the Pokemon getting the Wish passed to it doesn't have to suffer a hit on the way in.

Hope that helped.