• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hiatus ahoy!

Merely to resurrect the old topic and serve my current needs. You know the drill, if you're going to be away for any long length of time (at least a week), post here - but only if you're the one who will be away.

On to my needs, Im going to on holidays for about a fortnight, but if I see any net-cafes I'll be back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Hiatus ahoy! (mark 2)

I was about to remake this one, too. XD

Because we have a number of new members now, I edited your post slightly, Indie, to explain a few extra details.

Only post here if you're going to be away for an extended period of time - at least a week - and please don't post here to wish other people goodbye. Keep that to off-site chatting programs or Private Messages, thanks. :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I'm gonna be away for about a week starting this Thursday or Friday, can't quite remember. I'm also going to the Northeast of the US for eleven days, starting July 3rd (so I can see the fireworks and whatnot at the capital... and trust me, I hate fireworks).

I'll be gone for two weeks starting from June 30th to July 14th; I'll be in Washington visiting family. If I show up during that time, don't be surprised. I will have free time and I may get on Pokecharms. Maybe.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to be gone on vacation from ungodly early on June 30th (5:30 AM, w00t!) to July 8th or 9th - can't remember which. Hitting both Toronto and Ottawa on this trip. Should be a blast. :)

See you guys when I get back! ^_^

I'm going to the Adirondack Mountains (Upstate New York) with some friends for a week, from 7/11 to 7/17 to play paintball 24/7 ;D . I KNOW I won't be on 'Charms for that time, because there is no Internet out there.

Well, this isn't an official hiatus as I will still be active to some extent, but I think that it'd be fair to give everyone warning anyway.

I'll be heading home to the USA on the 13th of July and will be visiting family and friends before I return to Northern Ireland for another year. I'll be there for about a month and during that time I won't be as active as I currently am. I'll most likely only be able to get on long enough to post in any RPs that I'm involved in so that they don't die and that'll be it. Though, I'm sure that I'll be able to get online some days for longer.

Like I said, not really hiatus, just a period of less activity.

I just came back from one trip, and I'm going on another! Instead of going upstate, I'm going to Florida to a condo we rented for a week. I'm not positive, but I think I'm leaving 8/1 and coming back 8/6. Again, I'm not entirely sure on the dates, but I'll edit this post if anything is incorrect.

Going to hospital on Monday. You guys might not notice a difference in my activity because I do own a BlackBerry, but I'm posting here just in case.

Okay guys, the following week I am going on vacation in Luxembourg. No Internet, but I might find an Internet Cafe once. I apologize sincerely for the delay I will cause to some Rp's, but when I get back I will try to get everything done as soon as possible.

Smell you later~

Not that any one cares, but I'll be gone for the weekend. I'll be absent from the computer most of tomorrow, as I have to do a bunch of before-school errands, then at about 3-5 I'll be at my dad's, who refuses to get 'good' internet. I'll still be working on my stuff (sprites, stories, etc.) over the weekend, so it won't be a total waste.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since I'm starting my crazy house cleaning now in preparation for tomorrow afternoon, I'll share this in advance.

I'm going to have a close friend visiting from August 10th to the 25th, and while she's here I'll probably be a lot less active on Charms, the mIRC chats, etc. You can still PM me if you need something, but you might not get a quick answer. You'll probably be better off contacting someone else.

Then, assuming everything goes as planned, I'll be gone completely on vacation from the 25th to 1st of September or so. During that time you probably won't see me around at all.

Enjoy the rest of summer you guys! I know I will be. ^^

Okay this is a LATE post, but I figure y'all should know.

I've been on vacation since last Thursday, and haven't gotten much computer time. I've managed to do a few things, but as a warning this shit's gonna be SCARCE.

Around next Sunday I'm gonna seem to disappear, and if I don't, then you really need to tell me to disappear, because I have shit what needs doing. Around two weeks from today, school will start, and my summer homework will be done and I'll be off of vacation, so I'll probably float around more. (Though not much more, I'm trying to cut down my computer time to help grades and stuff.)

ANYWAY, there's your explanation. :D

A

Anonymous

I'm off to greece on october12th (next tuesday) I am taking my dsi and from what I heard there will be the café type things with the internet.

Right, my Laptop has a virus, so currently It's at PC World, having maintenance. I expect I'll be away for a week or two, so I'll see you once it's fixed :3

I'll be at the beach for a week starting on Saturday~

I'm not sure if there will be internet or not, I'm pretty sure there is though.
If there is I'll try to get on when I can, so I might be seing you guys then :3

I'm going to Georgia from Nov. 24 to Nov. 28. May pop in if I find internet. I dunno. You'll probably not see me, but we'll see. Au revior~~

This is like a Hiatus that will last for a long while.

With school and after-school activities, I've been suddenly bogged down with things to do after school and homework. And it's really getting obnoxious how little free-time I appear to have.

In addition to that, I seem to suddenly be more needed this year. My circle of friends expanded vastly beyond that of last year, and a lot of them really want to spend after-school time with me, eating up a fair portion of my week.

My dad has decided to start dating again, after being widowed for 4 years, and has begun dating a woman about five years older than him, who has her own son of age 15. So my dad wants the two of them to come over to our house frequently, and they end up at my house almost every weekend of the year. Between them eating up all of my weekends, the homework, and the social activities, my freetime has dwindled down considerably.

While it looks like I'm making a bunch of excuses, I'm really not trying to. This is just how my life has gotten, and I haven't had much time at all to fully engage in Pokecharms activities. I really am sorry. But I've got so little time to be on chat and Pokecharms. Entirely my fault and I'm sure that I could rearrange my life so that I could be on Pokecharms more, but I'm generally getting busy. And since I'm supposed to be getting a job next week, my free-time will be reduced to a few hours a week.

I can't promise any changes. Come summer, I might have more time. But again, I can't promise any changes.

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr BEING POPULAR IS HARRRRD.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Alright, so I guess you can say that I’m grounded for until forever, basically, because I snuck onto my dad’s computer this afternoon, and my grandparents decided to tell my parents that. Apparently that was the last straw they had regarding me going onto this forum, so I won’t be able to come on anymore. For those that are a part of Project: Subito, though, I’ll still be running that, though we’ll have to communicate in some other way besides private message (email, perhaps?). Unless you’d rather just drop the project or something, or find a new organizer, or something. Gah D:

So you can basically say I’m taking a very long hiatus that lasts until the last day of eternity, or until my parents forget that I’m grounded, or until I get into college/uni.

I’m sorry for my carelessness, guys.

EDIT: Eeeeee I got banned and now I'm unbanned |D anyways, you can say that my unbanning symbolizes my parents agreeing to let me come back on, if only for a limited time each day? ^^;

I'm off to Montana for about 10 days (I think) for the holidays, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get on here. If I don't talk to any of you before I get back, happy holidays!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I'm going to Kelowna for the holidays to enjoy Christmas with Jason's family. I likely won't be back until the 27th (we're leaving today) but I might be able to connect when I'm over there. We'll see, but until then I will probably be away most of the time.

I should probably go on hiatus for about a week. Today, after about a half week of feeling crappy, I went to the doctor. I have strep throat, eczema, impetigo, and some fun infections from a cut. I'm sorry.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Not that I'm ever active here - most of my PokeCharms activity is on irc (or "the chat"). But I'm going away for New Year and it'll be highly unlikely that I'm on at all until Tuesday or Wednesday. We fly to Boston tomorrow to see our favourite band Freezepop and meet up with local friends.

If you feel like tracking my flight and offering up sacrifices to the Gods of Travel, you can do so here. I believe that chocolate is generally worthy of most gods.

I'm on holidays. I've already been away for the last week or so and I never got to post in this thread. I'll be back soon.

GUESS WHERE I'M GOING.
NO SERIOUSLY, GUESS.
OKAY, I'LL TELL YOU... From Wednesday, Jan12th, to Sunday, Jan 16th, I'll be in Tampa for All-State Chorus. So no Charms unless I can hax some wifi from teh hotel.

Aw, dudes, I think I'm screwing up this site.

My stupid sprite/art shops and my trying to make a name for myself here.

And when I was just being myself on Chat I got kicked off, and then subsequently realised I was being completely immature and awful.

I'm probably all immature and awful here all the time.

EDIT:

Guys what I said was so awful and melodramatic.

I'll be back in a week.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
wahmbulance.jpg

For future reference guys, this thread is not a place to whine about your experiences on Charms and make a whole big scene.

Now, I read over what had occurred in chat since I was afk when this happened. You're making a HUGE big deal out of... nothing really. Your problem is simply that you take yourself way too seriously in chat and you think that we're analyzing every single little thing you say with intense scrutiny and that we'll ban you over the tiniest mistake.

We're not and we won't. You did get kicked, but that was for being an idiot and what I said above. Relax. A kick is not a ban. People have been kicked for much much much much less. Do relax and settle down, and stop belittling yourself - that's what's annoying. Just think before you type and realize that we're not out to get you =|

Also. My accent isn't southern, since I only live in Texas but am not FROM Texas. Of course, my accent is sexy regardless, so you'd fall for me anyway.

I am so embarrassed.

OK, it's cool. I'll try to make myself better here and try to not be such an idiot.

I'll stay off for about a week and I'll try again.

And I won't put myself down again and again.

OK. See you again in a week's time.

Yeah, as Sem said, being kicked isn't a big deal. Hell, sometimes Kol randomly shouts "PINGAS" and kicks everyone for no reason :>

I'll be gone from the 18th - 26th (school ski trip in Austria! Hell yeah!)