• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hello All! Welcome to the Kanto Journey! In this roleplay, I will be taking three(3) submissions for main characters, and these three(3) will get to choose between the Kanto starter Pokemon, along with me. Then, I will need one(1) trainer who will recieve an Eevee! However, before I get any further, here are the DETAILS!

This Is a Step-by-Step Recreation of Pokemon Red and Blue, except Most, if not everything, is created by the Roleplayers!

Everything that happens, from receiving the Starters, to Team Rocket, To Lavender Tower's Ghost, will happen. However, the three people who sign up first(And are accepted by me) will be the main characters,each getting to choose between Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. Then, Another will be chosen, who will get an Eevee, and serves the "Gary"/Rival of the roleplay.

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Will All Be Player-Made!

All Gym Leaders will be recreated, same types, but they can have different Pokemon, as long as those Pokemon are from Kanto. Levels will also be the same, and the Number of Pokemon. The same goes for the E4. Champion will be revealed later. I will accept twelve(12) submissions for these positions.

Team Baddies Are Player-Created!

The Baddies, Such as Giovanni, are not Giovanni anymore! I will also have two(2) Admins, who are player created. That means three(3) more will be accepted.

This Is A High-Quality Roleplay!

I will accept you based on how well you fill out your character sheet, and I will read your past roleplays! Activity is not an issue, as I understand how this can be hard to be on all the time.

More Info

So, let me explain something.

The gym leaders and Elite Four members are not going to be roleplayed by anyone but me, but they are for if you want to contribute to this. The only exception is the Team Rocket Boss, who is Gym Leader 8. He will be controlled by whoever creates him. Also, for battles we are using Pokemon Showdown, the online battling tool, so you must have an account for that. Also, ONLY KANTO POKEMON!

Another thing, We will use the most recent movesets for all pokemon, even if those moves did not exist in Gen 1.

Current Roles Open
Main Trainer 1: Starter:
Main Trainer 2: (I Didn't)
Kaysi Ishikawa
Starter: Squirtle
Main Trainer 3: (Sehirin)
Sean Parker
Starter: Charmander
Main Trainer 4: (Rykenftw)
Coletrane Blalock
Starter: Bulbasaur
Main Rival: (Generation Sect)
Isaac Willow
Starter: Eevee
Team Rocket Admin 1:
Team Rocket Admin 2:
Team Rocket Boss:

Gym Leaders & Elite Four

(Taken: RykenFtw)
Gym 1: Rock
Levels 12-14
Two Pokemon
(Taken: RykenFtw)

(Taken: Sehirin)
Gym 2: Water
Level 18-21
Two Pokemon
(Taken: Sehirin)

Gym 3: Electric
Level 18-24
Three Pokemon

Gym 4: Grass
Level 24-29
Three Pokemon

Gym 5: Poison
Level 37-43
Four Pokemon

Put "Level 999" To not be immediately rejected.

Gym 6: Psychic
Level 37-43
Four Pokemon

Gym 7: Fire
Level 40-47
Four Pokemon

Gym 8: Ground
Level 42-50
Five Pokemon

E4 1: Water & Ice
Level 53-56
Five Pokemon

E4 2: Rock & Fighting
Level 53-58
Five Pokemon

E4 3: Poison & Ghost
Levels 55-60
Five Pokemon

E4 4: Dragon
Levels 56-62
Five Pokemon

Note: When Creating a Gym Leader/E4, the types do not have to be Spot on.
Also, ONLY KANTO POKEMON
Character Sheet

Pokemon Showdown Username:

Name:

Nickname:

Character: (Main Character 1,2,3, Rocket Admin/Boss, Rival)

Appearance
Hair Color-
Hairstyle-
Body Type-
Skin Color-
Clothing-
Extra Items-

Personality(DETAIL!):

Pokemon(UPDATE THROUGHOUT ROLEPLAY)

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Personality: (The Trainer will not know this until after they have been together for a while)
Level: 5(At start)
Moves:

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:

Appearance:

Which Gym/E4 Position:

Pokemon Team

Species:
Level:
Moves: (Need to Know)

Well, that is all for now! Remember, Kanto only Pokemon, and HIGH QUALITY!

Trainer Character Example

Pokemon Showdown Username:
Rykenftw

Name: Coletrane Blalock

Nickname: Cole

Character: Main Character 4

Appearance
Hair Color-
Blonde
Hairstyle- Very Short, Kinky curly hair
Body Type- Average Size, Slightly Tone
Skin Color- Light Tan
Clothing- Black Hat with green Pokeball, Black Sweatpants, Black tight T-Shirt and Black and green jacket.
Extra Items- Black Bag w/ green Pokeball
The trainer flash game is property of joy-ling, you can see joy-ling's flash game here: http://joy-ling.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Trainer-Creator-401165483. This flash game is what I used to make this trainer.

Personality(DETAIL!): Cole is a very quiet person overall, unless he is with his friends, and then he says whatever he wants to say. He can be quite blunt and dense sometimes, but he means well. He is constantly trying to be polite, and he has very good manners.

Starter Pokemon- Bulbasaur
Species:
Bulbasaur
Nickname: N/A
Personality: Very outgoing and headstrong, and very confident in it's own abilities. It boasts too much, and is commonly considered to be a bully. He has a soft spot for those he deems worthy.
Level: 5
Moves:

Tackle, Growl

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:
Bane Barron

Appearance:
Big, Burly person with Ginger hair and Dark and Muddy clothes

Which Gym/E4 Position:
Gym 1

Pokemon Team

Species:
Kabuto
Level: 12
Moves
Rock Tomb
Scald
Absorb
Scratch

Species: Aerodactyl
Level: 14
Moves
Rock Tomb
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:
Cervantes Corazon

Appearance: Wears a black and white striped undershirt with a long pirate captains coat. Wears black pants with frayed ends and wears a tricorn hat over a blue bandana. Has a wild black beard and long messy greasy hair. Has a gold earing with an emerald in it in one ear. Sea green eyes and very gruff facial features.

Which Gym/E4 Position: Water Gym

Pokemon Team

Species: Krabby
Level: 21
Moves: Mud Shot, Iron Claw, Bubblebeam, Brick Break

Species: Gyarados
Level: 20
Moves: Bite, Thrash, Aqua Tail, Ice Fang

Last edited:
Hello there!

Pokemon Showdown Username: FinalFlashFire14

Name: Kaysi Ishikawa

Nickname: Prefers to be called Kaysi

Character: Main Character 2

Appearance
Hair Color- Black
Hairstyle- Asymmetric Cut
Body Type- Mesomorph
Skin Color- White
Clothing- Black Tank Top, Black Jean Shorts (Ripped), and a Black Cap (What can I say? I like black too much)
Extra Items- Her Bag, which she keeps even more items in.

Personality: She's very kind and sticks up for her friends. She can be a total bad-a** when necessary however. She doesn't like to be teased, and gets angered quickly.

Starter Pokemon-
Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Blake
Personality: Blake is head-strong and is very confident in his abilities. Blake might act confident, but he just absolutely loves attention.
Level: 5(At start)
Moves: Tackle and Tail Whip

Last edited:
Not Accepted!

You're close, read in between the gym leaders. About halfway through! There is something there!

Also, you can say it's personality, you can make it, but your trainer will have to learn this information on his own.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter. As you saw, I left mine blank there. You can show off your future team if you want, That is more for The Team Rocket Baddies. Also, You are missing the Level 999 In some part of your form. That is to make sure you read the whole thing,

Character Sheet

Pokemon Showdown Username: Itharcimel

Name: Sean Parker

Nickname: Sean

Character: Main Character 3
Appearance
Hair Color-
Dark Brown
Hairstyle- Short and Messy
Body Type- Average build
Skin Color- White
Clothing- Black Jacket with pale red sleeves and hood, White athletic shorts with long black socks and black sneakers with red stripes and white in the front by the toes.
Extra Items- Black Backpack with two vertical stripes through the middle, and in the center is a pokeball design, Wears a belt with 6 pokeball holsters. Level 999
Personality(DETAIL!):
Sean has a fiery personality with a passion for pokemon and adventure. He gets easily excited and tends to get carried away when he rides the hype. Sean is eager to prove just how strong he can get with his partner Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Charmander
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon):
Personality: (The Trainer will not know this until after they have been together for a while)
Moves:
Scratch and Growl
439263_trainercard-Sean_Parker.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:
Cervantes Corazon

Appearance: Wears a black and white striped undershirt with a long pirate captains coat. Wears black pants with frayed ends and wears a tricorn hat over a blue bandana. Has a wild black beard and long messy greasy hair. Has a gold earing with an emerald in it in one ear. Sea green eyes and very gruff facial features.

Pokemon Team

Species: Krabby
Moves: Bubble Beam, Mud Shot, Metal Claw, Brick Break

Level: 22

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet

Pokemon Showdown Username: Itharcimel

Name: Sean Parker

Nickname: Sean

Character: Main Character 1, 2, or 3.(Whichever is fine)
Appearance
Hair Color-
Dark Brown
Hairstyle- Short and Messy
Body Type- Average build
Skin Color- White
Clothing- Black Jacket with pale red sleeves and hood, White athletic shorts with long black socks and black sneakers with red stripes and white in the front by the toes.
Extra Items- Black Backpack with two vertical stripes through the middle, and in the center is a pokeball design, Wears a belt with 6 pokeball holsters. Level 999
Personality(DETAIL!):
Sean has a fiery personality with a passion for pokemon and adventure. He gets easily excited and tends to get carried away when he rides the hype. Sean is eager to prove just how strong he can get with his partner Pokemon.

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Charmander
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon):
Moves:
Scratch and Growl
439263_trainercard-Sean_Parker.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:
Cervantes Corazon

Pokemon Team

Species: Kingler
Level: 21
Moves: Crabhammer, Stomp, Metal Claw, Brick Break

Gym Leader Accepted.

Main Character 2 Was Taken, 1 or 3 is what you Get. The number of which you are in is irrelevant. Main Character not accepted until this is fixed.

Showdown username: Meknomancer

Name: Isaac Willow
Nickname: Willow
Character: Rival
Appearance: (on Trainer card, check my profile)
Personality: Isaac is, in all senses of the word, careless. In an almost ruthless way. He doesn't care about anyone or anything in his way to the top, he just wants to keep barging on through. He probably won't notice you, and just expect you to move out of the way. He can be quiet sarcastic at times. He is also motivated, but this just fuels his negative personality traits. He will keep going until he reaches LEVEL 999.

Pokemon:

Species: Eevee
Personality: (not known yet)
Moves: Sand Attack, Tackle (I'm going to have it start with only the gen 1 moves, as in later gens it gets too many to be fair.)

@Generation Sect Accepted

I Am officially starting the roleplay, so work on your opening posts. I would prefer opening posts to be large, and descriptive, but all posts should be a paragraph unless quick progress is needed. All opening posts should end with your trainer in front of Oak, about to accept their pokemon. Do not say he has given you one yet. This is the link: The Kanto Journey

I am still accepting submissions, but you may be a bit late story-wise when you start, if you submit late.

Mind if I hop in?

Name: Domino Grove Propper
Appearance: Domino is a rather pale young lady with dark freckles littering her face. Her skinny form is covered by her usual outfit, which consists of a black t-shirt, navy blue jean vest, black leggings, black, lace-up boots, and a dog tag around her neck. Atop her head sits a mop of messy, white hair, sticking out in mostly all directions with no specific part. Her blood-red eyes are covered with a pair of black, x-shaped contacts.
351677_request_14.png
Which Gym/E4 Position: Gym 4: Grass-type

Pokemon Team
Species
: Gloom
Level: 24
Moves: Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Acid

Species: Weepinbell
Level: 25
Moves: Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder, Vine Whip

Species: Parasect
Level: 28
Moves: Leech Life, Scratch, Stun Spore, Mega Drain (Just tell me if TM moves aren't allowed, alright? There weren't enough choices for moves learned by leveling up, so...)

Mind if I hop in?

Name: Domino Grove Propper
Appearance: Domino is a rather pale young lady with dark freckles littering her face. Her skinny form is covered by her usual outfit, which consists of a black t-shirt, navy blue jean vest, black leggings, black, lace-up boots, and a dog tag around her neck. Atop her head sits a mop of messy, white hair, sticking out in mostly all directions with no specific part. Her blood-red eyes are covered with a pair of black, x-shaped contacts.
351677_request_14.png
Which Gym/E4 Position: Gym 3: Grass-type

Pokemon Team
Species
: Gloom
Level: 24
Moves: Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Poison Powder, Acid

Species: Weepinbell
Level: 25
Moves: Growth, Wrap, Sleep Powder, Vine Whip

Species: Parasect
Level: 28
Moves: Leech Life, Scratch, Stun Spore, Mega Drain (Just tell me if TM moves aren't allowed, alright? There weren't enough choices for moves learned by leveling up, so...)

TM moves are fine. You are not accepted though, because Gym 4 is the grass type, not gym 3. Fix that, and you will be good.

I just want you to know, Gym leaders can be used for roleplay, but they are mostly used for battling, so for a while you may not be needed. If you want, you can create a main character, such as a Team Rocket admin, or main character 1.

Whoopsies! Fixed! Sorry 'bout that. And I even forgot about the Level 999 thing! Wow, I'm really great at this, ain't I? xD

Alright. I might make Domino pop up every once in a while, but I might just wait until someone challenges her gym, too, since I'm part of so many RPs at the moment... I'm not sure what I'll do as of right now.

Oh, yeah, shoulda put that in there too, but It's fine cause you mentioned it.

Accepted

Also, to any of the main characters that we have so far, if youhave posted, you need to wait for the final current roleplayer to post. That is when we will begin.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Hey there. This RP looks very interesting. I'm thinking of joining this. Am I right in thinking that the final trainer that will be allowed which is supposed to have the Pikachu starter, has not been chosen yet?