• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open [High-Quality] The Kanto Journey

Hello All! Welcome to the Kanto Journey! In this roleplay, I will be taking three(3) submissions for main characters, and these three(3) will get to choose between the Kanto starter Pokemon, along with me. Then, I will need one(1) trainer who will recieve an Eevee! However, before I get any further, here are the DETAILS!

Link to RP:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-kanto-journey.18300/

This Is a Step-by-Step Recreation of Pokemon Red and Blue, except Most, if not everything, is created by the Roleplayers!

Everything that happens, from receiving the Starters, to Team Rocket, To Lavender Tower's Ghost, will happen. However, the three people who sign up first(And are accepted by me) will be the main characters,each getting to choose between Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle. Then, Another will be chosen, who will get an Eevee, and serves the "Gary"/Rival of the roleplay.

Gym Leaders and Elite Four Will All Be Player-Made!

All Gym Leaders will be recreated, same types, but they can have different Pokemon, as long as those Pokemon are from Kanto. Levels will also be the same, and the Number of Pokemon. The same goes for the E4. Champion will be revealed later. I will accept twelve(12) submissions for these positions.

Team Baddies Are Player-Created!

The Baddies, Such as Giovanni, are not Giovanni anymore! I will also have two(2) Admins, who are player created. That means three(3) more will be accepted.

This Is A High-Quality Roleplay!

I will accept you based on how well you fill out your character sheet, and I will read your past roleplays! Activity is not an issue, as I understand how this can be hard to be on all the time.

More Info

So, let me explain something.

The gym leaders and Elite Four members are not going to be roleplayed by anyone but me, but they are for if you want to contribute to this. The only exception is the Team Rocket Boss, who is Gym Leader 8. He will be controlled by whoever creates him. Also, for battles we are using Pokemon Showdown, the online battling tool, so you must have an account for that. Also, ONLY KANTO POKEMON!

Another thing, We will use the most recent movesets for all pokemon, even if those moves did not exist in Gen 1.

Current Roles Open
Main Trainer 1: (Nintenduck)
Maxime
Starter: Squirtle

Main Trainer 2: (Dapper_Cat)
Angelina Hale
Starter: Charmander

Main Trainer 3: (Kayla The Steenee)
Kayla Robins
Starter: Eevee

Main Trainer 4: (Rykenftw)
Coletrane Blalock
Starter: Bulbasaur

Main Rival:
Starter:

Team Rocket Admin 1:
Team Rocket Admin 2:
Team Rocket Boss:

Gym Leaders & Elite Four

(Taken: RykenFtw)
Gym 1: Rock
Levels 12-14
Two Pokemon
(Taken: RykenFtw)

Gym 2: Water
Level 18-21
Two Pokemon

Gym 3: Electric
Level 18-24
Three Pokemon

Gym 4: Grass
Level 24-29
Three Pokemon

Gym 5: Poison
Level 37-43
Four Pokemon

Gym 6: Psychic
Level 37-43
Four Pokemon

Gym 7: Fire
Level 40-47
Four Pokemon

Gym 8: Ground
Level 42-50
Five Pokemon

E4 1: Water & Ice
Level 53-56
Five Pokemon

E4 2: Rock & Fighting
Level 53-58
Five Pokemon

E4 3: Poison & Ghost
Levels 55-60
Five Pokemon

E4 4: Dragon
Levels 56-62
Five Pokemon

Note: When Creating a Gym Leader/E4, the types do not have to be Spot on.
Also, ONLY KANTO POKEMON
Character Sheet

Pokemon Showdown Username:

Name:

Nickname:

Character: (Main Character 1,2,3, Rocket Admin/Boss, Rival)

Appearance
Hair Color-
Hairstyle-
Body Type-
Skin Color-
Clothing-
Extra Items-

Personality(DETAIL!):

Pokemon(UPDATE THROUGHOUT ROLEPLAY)

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Personality: (The Trainer will not know this until after they have been together for a while)
Level: 5(At start)
Moves:

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:

Appearance:

Which Gym/E4 Position:

Pokemon Team

Species:
Level:
Moves: (Need to Know)

Well, that is all for now! Remember, Kanto only Pokemon, and HIGH QUALITY!

Trainer Character Example

Rykenftw

Name: Coletrane Blalock

Nickname: Cole

Character: Main Character 4

Appearance
Hair Color-
Blonde
Hairstyle- Very Short, Kinky curly hair
Body Type- Average Size, Slightly Tone
Skin Color- Light Tan
Clothing- Black Hat with green Pokeball, Black Sweatpants, Black tight T-Shirt and Black and green jacket.
Extra Items- Black Bag w/ green Pokeball
The trainer flash game is property of joy-ling, you can see joy-ling's flash game here: http://joy-ling.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Trainer-Creator-401165483. This flash game is what I used to make this trainer.

Personality(DETAIL!): Cole is a very quiet person overall, unless he is with his friends, and then he says whatever he wants to say. He can be quite blunt and dense sometimes, but he means well. He is constantly trying to be polite, and he has very good manners.

Starter Pokemon- Bulbasaur
Species:
Bulbasaur
Nickname: N/A
Personality: Very outgoing and headstrong, and very confident in it's own abilities. It boasts too much, and is commonly considered to be a bully. He has a soft spot for those he deems worthy.
Level: 5
Moves:

Tackle, Growl

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Gym Leader/E4 Teams

Name:
Bane Barron

Appearance:
Big, Burly person with Ginger hair and Dark and Muddy clothes

Which Gym/E4 Position:
Gym 1

Pokemon Team

Species:
Kabuto
Level: 12
Moves
Rock Tomb
Scald
Absorb
Scratch

Species: Aerodactyl
Level: 14
Moves
Rock Tomb
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang

Last edited:
Character Sheet

DapperCatPokeCharm

Name: Angelina Hale

Nickname: "Angel"

Character: Main Character 2
Level 999
Appearance
Hair Color-
Black
Hairstyle- Long, down to the middle of her back.
Body Type- Average, a bit on the slim side.
Skin Color- Fair
Clothing- Angel commonly wears a white tank-top under a violet-colored jacket, dark grey, baggy jeans, and white sneakers. She has violet, fingerless gloves.
Eye Color: Angel's left eye is an emerald green, and her right is a deep blue.
Extra Items- A chain hangs from the belt loop on the left side of her jeans.

Personality(DETAIL!): Angelina is very extroverted and always willing to meet new people and make new friends. She's kind of naive when it comes to people with bad intentions, though. She's always willing to put everything on the line in order to help people she considers friends and family and is fiercely loyal to them. If someone manages to get on her bad side, she's very blunt in stating her disdain for them.

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Charmander
Nickname(Not Required For ANY Pokemon): Vulcan
Personality: Vulcan is very shy, and not very confident of his abilities. Despite this, he's fiercely protective of those he's close to, and is willing to do whatever needed to please them.
Moves:
Scratch, Growl

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Last edited:
Character Sheet
Level 999
Pokemon Showdown Username: RedGolduck27

Name: Maxime

Nickname: Max

Character: Main Character 1

Appearance

Hair Color- Blonde

Hairstyle- Cut Very Short

Body Type- Small and Frail

Skin Color- Pale

Clothing- He usually wears a plain, white long-sleeved shirt, blue jeans, and grey sneakers.

Extra Items- A backpack containing several things that could be useful. (a flashlight, rope, a first aid kit, etc.)

Personality(DETAIL!): For all of his life, Maxime was home-schooled by his parents, which caused him to not know much about emotion. He think very logically. He never does anything without careful calculation beforehand. This comes with a cost though. If something doesn't go according to plan, he'll often struggle to improvise. He finds it difficult to think outside the box, and is usually afraid to take risks. He's also very weak. He has almost no athletic ability, and tires very easily. Nevertheless, he has prepared for his journey all his life, and he won't let that stop him from taking the title of champion.

Starter Pokemon-
Species: Squirtle
Nickname: Aqua
Personality: Kind and considerate, Aqua is the opposite of Maxime. She thinks completely emotionally, and will do whatever it takes to protect the ones she cares for. However, she usually doesn't think before acting, which causes her to end up in dangerous situations. But no matter what happens, she'll keep moving forward.
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

Last edited:
Character Sheet

(Don't have one, but will make one if needed!)

Name: Kayla Robins

Nickname: Kay

Character: Main character 3

Appearance
Hair Color-
Dark ginger
Hairstyle- A single messy plait which rests on her back
Body Type- A bit slim
Skin Color- Peachy beige
Clothing- A plain baggy white shirt with a black cardigan, navy blue trousers and black sneakers. Also wears a long, violet scarf.
Extra Items- A backpack containing her supplies.

Personality: A quiet, shy introverted nerd. She is quite naive and also clumsy, not really paying attention to her surroundings most of the time. She often gets lost in thought and tends to procrastinate a bit. She also panics quite a lot and gets nervous easily, not really trusting people until she really gets to know them and tending to stay with her Pokemon rather than go out and socialize with people.

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Eevee
Nickname: Cookie
Personality: Cookie is very shy around new people she doesn't know and will often panic and get nervous. She adores Pokepuffs and just loves eating in general. She is quite affectionate and sweet, but in battle she changes. She is determined and proud of her agility, her main weapon in battle. She is quite hyperactive and energetic, running around and playing with Kayla a lot.
Moves:
Sand Attack, Tackle, Covet

Other Pokemon
Species:
Personality:
Level:
Moves:

I've somewhat forgotten, but I think we'll be using whatever one allows you to pick levels. All trainer pokemon levels will be the same, like I'll have two level 20s and you will have two levels 20s, I might have one level 21, and you would have one level 21, etc etc.

Sorry, I noticed your thread said it was still open. I understand if it was a mistake, but I took interest anyways. I was wondering if there were any spots still open, even as a rival/villain- if not that's alright though.

Well, the rival spot is open, but he'll have a pikachu instead. Honestly, The rival can really just be another member of the main group if he wants, or he can just pop in and out during random intervals, doesn't really matter. But he will have a pikachu now.

Pokemon Showdown Username: (Don't have one)

CHARACTER:
Name:
Jackson Chispa

Nickname: Jack

Character: Rival

Appearance:
Body Type-
Lean
Eye color- Gold
Hair Color- Grey
Hairstyle- Pompadour Undercut (Search it up)
Skin Color- Light Bronze
Clothing- Cargo pants, a plain black t-shirt and an occasional baseball cap
Extra Items- Belt holding supplies and pokeballs

Personality: A cunning yet hot-headed rebel, Jack has a tendency to break the rules. He doesn't even care what the rules are, he's a generally spiteful person and hates anything that limits him. He'll do anything to prove himself superior and is unhealthily tenacious. Despite his determination and hardworking habits, Jack can be quick to throw a fit or start a fight when things don't go his way. He would rather get hurt physically or get into trouble, than have his reputation/pride hurt. At the same time though, Jack is very loyal and caring for those close to him- and he always puts his pokemon first.

POKEMON:
Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Pikachu
Nickname: Sparky
Personality: Sparky is audacious and stubborn. He either gives no effort, due to lack of caring about something; or goes all out and won;t stop until he gets his way. He doesn't like or listen to Jackson unless he has an alternative source of motivation. He is extremely cocky and hates to be teased or instigated, although he is quick to battle. Once earned his respect or even friendship, Sparky will go above and beyond to please someone.
Moves: Tail Whip, Thunder Shock, Growl

Hey, is it alright if I join this RP? I was wondering if I can make a character for the Admin 1 spot. Would that be alright? And would I still control that character?

Sure, you can join! And yes, you would still control him/her. And if anyone here wants to make an elite four or gym leader, that'd be nice, even if you cannot control gym leaders.

I'd like to make one then :) For Water

Also.... I know there are no other Pokemon that are Dark-Type, save for Eevee's evolution, Umbreon. Since this is Kanto only Pokemon, Umbreons don't exist. For Steel-Types and Fairy-Types though, like Magnemite and Magneton, Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff, and Mr. Mime... What about them? Do those types exist, or do they exist as their primary types from before? I'm assuming Steel-Types and Fairy-Types exist because Dark-, Steel-, and Fairy-Type moves exist... Right?

And what if our Pokemon lay eggs? Would an egg from a Jynx hatch into a Jynx?

All of the original 151 are the same as they are in the most recent game. So yes, dark, steel, and fairy type moves do exist. An egg from a Jynx would indeed hatch into a Jynx.

Alright, interesting XD that means there will be no STAB for Dark-Type attacks XD okay XD

Anyway, I shall make my character now :) How realistic are we getting into this RP? To the point where I can maybe make mention of scrapes and some blood (just as long as it's kept at PG-13)?

Also, uh... What levels would my admin's Pokemon start at? XD

Last edited:
Well, I would say that there should be no major gore, but it is okay to have some. And the level... I'm honestly not sure, I haven't really thought that far ahead. What do you think?

Since the there were no admins that the player meets in Red or Blue or in FireRed and Leafgreen.... I don't exactly know... Maybe after the 2nd meeting of finding Rocket Grunts. Maybe at the 2nd meeting, my admin meets the protagonists, and then after that, I can fight, and I will be a little stronger than the gyms they just fought at that moment. Since we are dealing with levels here, my character would have the level range in between the two gym leaders at that time.

That sounds like a good plan. And because he is an adult, and an admin of team rocket, I would like for him to be extremely detailed. He must have a lot of experiences, so do not shy away from all the detail possible.

Pokemon Showdown Username: Medichu

Name: Darcy Higgins

Nickname: Darce... Only her superior officers can call her that. Otherwise, just call her Darcy.

Character: Rocket Admin

Appearance
Hair Color-
Black
Hairstyle- Short with longer "wings" than the rest of her hair, kind of like Asuza's hair style.
Body Type- Short and muscular. 5'0" and 150 lbs.
Skin Color- Pale white
Clothing- The usual female Team Rocket admin uniform, but with white combat boots instead of the heeled boots. The usual female Team Rocket admin uniform is mostly white with black trims on the bottom and the cuffs on the sleeves of this dress. The dress has a black belt with a silver buckle, with black triangles below and above the belt buckle. The collar is a sharp and low V-neck that shifts into black that becomes a high collar and hugs the neck. The Team Rocket logo is to the left of this sharp shift. Her dress has two cuts on the sides so she can run without being hampered by her attire. Her belt has clips to hold her Poke Balls.
Extra Items- None.

Personality: She is cruel and black-hearted. She won't let anyone get in the way of her plans, and when done so, she will remove them with brute force and cunning tactics. She doesn't like it when she is wrong or when she makes a mistake but will own up to it to her superiors. Otherwise, she will actively yell at her grunts for talking back to her or asking her way too many questions. She is cold and calculating, and is about as toxic with her personality as her Pokemon.

Pokemon

Starter Pokemon-
Species:
Arbok
Nickname: Nathair
Ability: Intimidate - Lowers the Attack of all opponents when entering battle.
Personality: About as cruel as her trainer, she will endlessly follow her trainer's sadistic instructions with glee and has her own sadistic tendencies.
Level: First time: 29
Moves: Acid [Poison/Special], Crunch [Dark/Physical], Screech [Normal/Status], Glare [Normal/Status]
Info on Moves: Acid = 10% to lower Special Defense; Crunch = 20% to lower Defense; Screech = Lowers Defense by 2; Glare = Paralyzes Target. Can hit Ghost-Types.

Other Pokemon
Species:
Golbat
Nickname: Tóg
Ability: Inner Focus
Personality: Loves to fly about and search for prey and do scouting missions for his master. He also enjoys biting his enemies a little too much.
Level: First Time: 25
Moves: Confuse Ray [Ghost/Status], Air Cutter [Flying/Special], Swift [Normal/Special], Bite [Dark/Physical]
Info on Moves: Confuse Ray = Causes confusion; Air Cutter = Increased Critical Hit ratio; Swift = Almost impossible to dodge; Bite = 30% to flinch.

Species:
Beedrill
Nickname: Heith
Ability: Swarm
Personality: Follows Darcy's moves to a T, and will get frustrated when he misses or Darcy's plan fails or get interrupted, sharing the same kind of anger she does. He will stop at nothing to protect her with his stingers, as well as making sure his prey doesn't escape.
Level: First Time: 24
Moves: Twineedle [Bug/Physical], Focus Energy [Normal/Status], Venoshock [Poison/Special], Pursuit [Dark/Physical].
Info on Moves: Twineedle = Attacks twice in one turn. Each strike has an independent 20% chance to poison the target; Focus Energy = Boosts the Critical Hit ratio by two; Venoshock = Power doubles when target is poisoned; Pursuit = Power doubles when the opponent is fleeing or switching out.

Name: Mizu

Appearance: She has sky blue, long hair with stormy blue eyes. Her face is freckled with her skin being a bit tan from being out in the sun. She wears a tight blue two piece bathing suit. The spaghetti straps are orange while the fabric on her sides are multiple colors ranging from the same blue as the rest of the suit to soft greens and vibrant purples. The bottom piece kind of looks like boy's shorts, with the same kind of pattern happening on the sides of the shorts. She is 5'5" and weighs around 120 lbs.

Which Gym: Cerulean Gym

Pokemon Team

Species: Psyduck
Level: 18
Ability: Damp
Moves: Scald [Water/Special], Water Pulse [Water/Special], Fury Swipes [Normal/Physical], Confusion [Psychic/Special]
Info on Moves: Scald = 30% to burn; Water Pulse = 20% to confuse; Fury Swipes = Can hit 2-5 times at once; Confusion = 10% to confuse.

Species:
Vaporeon
Level: 21
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Quick Attack [Normal/Physical], Water Pulse [Water/Special], Aurora Beam [Ice/Special], Scald [Water/Special]
Info on Moves: Quick Attack = Priority of 1; Water Pulse = 20% to confuse; Aurora Beam = 10% to lower Attack; Scald = 30% to burn.

TM Given
: Scald

First time people meet Team Rocket as a group will be in Mt. Moon. After that, you meet individuals in Cerulean City and Route 24. Then you meet them in Celadon City's Game Corner. I believe that is where my admin shall be seen first. Instead of meeting Giovanni, you'll be meeting her.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I can fill in some of the spots if you're still looking for people. I can take the Team Rocket Boss, one of the admins and maybe a few gym leaders?

My main showdown name is Surrey Suicunes

Appearance
Hair Color-
Hairstyle-
Body Type-
Skin Color-
Clothing-
Extra Items-

Last edited by a moderator: