• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Highschool Rivalry! Magic and Superpowers!

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Hello! We at Ilvermorny School of Magic and Creatures are inviting you to join our school to learn more of your powers, otherwise known as magic. Your magic is not a curse but a blessing that can be used to do some good around the world. We will help you learn what your powers can do and what they can be used for.
If you accept this invite you join us in class for the next
eight years, we expect to see you at May 1st
For you vampires that already know of your powers, we also invite you to better learn your magic and how to controll it.

List of what you need for the school year

dark red jumper/cardigan/jacket black outlining and the school logo with black pants/skirt and black shoes and you’re also allowed to wear accessories that match with the rules And also if you have a skirt you need black tights

For all of the first years books will be provided in your classes, and your magic will be measured and we will find a fitting match for you to control your powers better.

Levels of magic
Nill. Can use magic but only for simple things
Biju. Magic can be used for some more advanced things such as simple fighting
Kolme. Your magic is more advanced and can be used for things like change object masses
Novem. Your raw magic can be used for example flying
You can also raise your magic to get in a new level of magic but that need hard work and is hard to achieve

Hello! We at the Institute of Superpowers are inviting you to join our school to learn more about your powers, otherwise known as Superpowers. Your power is not a curse but a blessing that can be used to do some good around the world.
We will help you learn what your powers can do and what they can be used for.
If you accept this invite you join us in class for the next eight years, we expect to see you at May 1st
For you werewolves that already know of your powers, we also invite you to better learn your power and how to control it.

The dresscode for the school is quite basic. You will need some a costume that will work with your power. Bright and outstanding colors are forbidden however.

Rules:
  • Pokécharms rules apply (duh)
  • You're allowed 2 characters (they need a paragraph each if they are in the same post), no more
  • Relationships are allowed (no more than kisses and cuddles!) but not needed
  • Vampires (Ilvermorny) and werewolves (Institute) are in different schools due to rivalry between the races
  • Being too OP is not allowed (don't do the Thanos snap... *anime sweatdrop*)
  • The school starts the year you turn 13 for both schools the school end approximately when you are 21
  • You can have TWO superpower and magic powers NO more
  • Type "MJAOW :)" in others if you have read everything! ( 75% of the ppl that has asked to join so far has missed this)
  • Your age must be the school age (13-21) if you are a student. YOU can be a teacher but the max age is 50 NOT over that

Me (Joelkjn) and @Killerbunny is the ones starting this RP. Both of us has the power to say Yes and/or No and have the final say in what goes on. The RP plot is driven by YOU and suggestions everyone can make in the discussion.

Here is the character sheet

Name (First and Last):

Appearance:

School:

Magicpowers:
Magic level:
Superpowers:

Personality:

Backstory (optional):

Vampire (Ilvermorny):
Werewolf (institute):

Relationship:

Other:

Name (First and Last): James Dracula (Joelkjn)

Appearance: 186 cm tall. Somewhat muscular body (like a swimmer) Black messy hair. Black muscle shirt and loose sweatpants. Eye color brown and he uses contact lenses. He has a scar on his left arm starting at the wrist and goes up to his armpit.

School: Ilvermorny School of Magic and Creatures

Magicpowers: Telekinises and telepathy
Magic level: Kolme
Superpowers: /

Personality: Calm almost emotionless, cunning and sarcastic

Backstory (optional): Will be reveled as the RP goes on

Vampire (Ilvermorny): Yes
Werewolf (institute): /

Relationship: Skylar Cosmos

Other: MJAOW :)

Name: Isak Eclipse (Killerbunny)

Appearance:

School: Institute of Superpowers

Magicpowers: /
Magic level: /
Superpower: He's a werewolf and extra strong (which can be turned of)

Personality: A sarcastic trickster pretty much. Can easily trick someone. And often gets in to trouble.

Backstory (optional): Not now

Vampire (Ilvermorny): /
Werewolf (Institute): Yes

Relationship: Not now but anyone willing? Both males and females are welcome ;)

Other: MJAOW :)

IT'S UP NOW HERE https://pokecharms.com/threads/highschool-rivalry-magic-and-superpowers.20669/

Last edited:
I might consider joining, but I do have a couple of questions.

1: If we're expecting Vampire and Werewolves in this RP, what other creatures can we expect. Such as creatures like dragons and griffins alongside the the other near human like ones.

2: What's the layout of the school and what can we expect to find within it, such as cafeterias, stables, etc?

3: If you make a vampire, how will the sun effect them? (Not that I plan to make one... nor a werewolf).

Hmmm, I might throw an OC up here.

I might need to retrofit her appearance to fit this school-uniform though...

How exactly does the magic work though? The levels could use a bit more explanation.

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
@Red Gallade There is no dragons or anything big maybe smaller creatures since the magic school is called Creatures but I don't know which that will be yet. Me and @Killerbunny will talk about it. The schools are next to each other not connected but they do have "friendly" tournaments and maybe an all out war if that's how you wanna drive the plot. Vampires are indeed affected by the sun. We (I say we since i am a vampire) can stay out in the sun if we don't get direct sunlight on our bodies otherwise we can stay in the sun for about an hour.

@kyuukestu Emm I don't know how to explain it really and also thanks for the reminder to add magic level to the char sheet. The Nill level is like we said you can do simple things like chores. Biju is the same thing as nill only that you have more magic and can change your strength and make simple spells. Not anything crazy like picking up a school but maybe a car. Kolme is nill and biju but with added magic power that let's you alot more spells. You can now like we said change the mass of objects but also shoot i don't know fireballs. And then to the last Novem is them all togheter but now you have so much magic you can use raw magic to your advantage. You do all the stuff in the other levels with spell but now you can use raw magic. Raw magic can take shapes simple forms like a block of stones maybe but i can be used as a platform under you to make you able to fly. You can also shoot raw magic at other people as a BB gun but with more power... ALOT more power. I hope that explains it otherwise i hope @Killerbunny can explain it better then me

I think that sums it up pretty well actually. The magic is like chakra in Naruto i would say. Just that you can't exhaust your magic. It's like a normal person has as little magic like Rock Lee has chakra. No one gets as OP as Naruto does but they can still pull off some pretty crazy stuff with their magic. And considering that you can't get exhausted by the magic, that's still pretty powerful. You can still get exhausted physically though obviously

I will join this, but before I do, do the characters have to be a vampire / werewolf, and would animal transformation be okay as a power for one of them? If it's not, my unimaginative mind will think of something else, xD

I will join this, but before I do, do the characters have to be a vampire / werewolf, and would animal transformation be okay as a power for one of them? If it's not, my unimaginative mind will think of something else, xD
Vampires can in some cases turn into bats and werewolves can turn into wolves. Other than that, there's nothing more in the 'turning into an animal' power for vampires and werewolves. But those are only the two most popular of the human-like mythical creatures. You can be other races too. Or a human if you want.

I've seen a show where there was something called a weretiger which was basically a werewolf but as a tiger and I. Am. Confused.

If the schools are rivals of some kind, it makes me wonder if some of the students will be friends with people from the opposite school. (Or even pull a Romeo and Juliet)

That's certainly a possibility. Stranger things have happened. But don't expect a werewolf and a vampire from rival schools to pull a Romeo and Juliet. Friends? Maybe. A couple? No way

Besides that, it's pretty hard for a vampire to date