• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Home bar duplicating.

Rex

Resident Furry
A4s7iAC.png
ikdfw4J.png
Seems to happen pretty reliably when I scroll down, then back up. The second home bar disappears when I scroll down again, or I can scroll past it if I've scrolled down far enough.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've tried my best to break this in Firefox on OS X, but I can't reproduce it here. I'll try on a Windows machine later and report back.

Rex

Resident Furry
I'm still running Windows 8, if that helps any. I can't get this damned machine to update, it always craps out midway through. The Firefox version is 48.0.2, in case you have a different version.

Also, it seems to happen more frequently if I pause while scrolling up. It imprints the duplicate before you start scrolling again, the homebar's opacity will seem to increase, and the duplicate will be left behind when you scroll up again. I've also noticed that if it imprints over avatars or the report, like, and reply buttons, hovering over them will make them come forward, but not erase the duplicate homebar as a whole. I can provide more pictures if you feel it's necessary?

Also, if I pause the scroll at just the right place, with the aforementioned report/like/reply buttons in the bottom half of the bar, it only imprints the top half. This all happens pretty reliably, say, 8 or 9 times out of 10?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, that sounds very strongly like your graphics chipset playing up – stuff getting "imprinted" on the screen tends to be a result of either browser bugs or graphics weirdness. There may be something I can do about it to mitigate the problem, but I'll have to investigate more. Thanks for the heads up re: your OS and Firefox versions.