• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I want to know, does anyone else feel bad for the pokemon we Wonder Trade?

Because, think about the zigzagoon and Wumple you wonder trade. They're probably going to bounce around the Link until the servers are shut down, simply because no-one wants it. If you've seen the comic by Renee P. on Tumblr, you'll know what I mean. Please, just release it if you're not going to make it part of your team (and you're not going to make a Lioone part of your team)

And before anyone says anything, yes, I do feel sympathy for little bits of code

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'll be honest: yes, I actually do feel bad for those com 'mons and do my best to keep them whenever I get one bouncing around (unless it's level 1, in which case it might've been bred and have its HA/egg moves/decent IVs/etc.). I have maybe 5 boxes full of these rejects which I plan to mass release at some future point. Better a fate roaming the Pokemon world than one bouncing around PC boxes for the rest of eternity.

This is actually the reason I don't feel bad, because other people do. Every now and then I feel bad but only for those Pokemon I've grown close to. But because like you already said, they're only bits of code. Think about all the Pokémon in older games as well, even the B and W games. Nobody's gonna go back and play that game unless it's they're last Pokemon game they got or revisiting old memories. When the wonder trade ends up being shut down it's usually because not many people use the online features of the game. All my Pokémon from Soul Silver are still waiting in my PC and yes I feel bad for them but they're not living so it's really no reason to feel guilty about trading them. Besides somebody who does feel bad about those Pokemon will end up keeping them and releasing them but really when you do that all you're doing is deleting them permanently. At least through wonder trade somebody will get them plus you get something out of it as well.

Wonder Trade actually makes me feel a lot better about the pokémon I don't want, since they can go to someone else who might want them, rather than rot in my own pc boxes.

…Hopefully, anyway.

Agreed. I try and think that other trainers will like the Pokemon I send over Wonder Trade. If they're bug Pokemon, like a Wurmple, I'll try and evolve them before I send them.

I almost always keep pokemon that I get in wonder trade, not out of any warm fuzzy feelings for them or anything, but because of their trainer IDs, which up my chances at the Lottery Corner. When it comes to duplicates, I often choose to trade the one I originally caught for the Pokedex, and keep the other one in its slot. I've notably broken this rule one time when I ended up with 2 Zigzagoon with the same trainer ID, which meant I either connected with the same trainer twice, or someone had at one point dominated the Wonder Market with their cheap captures. I sent one of the Zigzagoon off in the Wonder Trade because I am dirt.

As a competitive breeder, I like to be optimistic and believe that I'm sending my 'mons out to people who might want to use them (for masuda breeding or competitively)

When it comes to 'mons I receive, I usually keep them for the Loto-ID, but release com 'mons so the wonder trade doesn't get saturated with them. Having likely been recently captured, I like to imagine being released is a relief for them, since they haven't had a chance to develop an attachment yet with humans.

I usually breed rare pokemon and Wonder Trade them off. Every Rattata, Pikepek, Yungoos, and Meowth I receive I store in a box and release. I will make Wonder Trade great again!

Until Pokebank comes out and it becomes more diverse

I honestly do feel bad for the pokemon that I wonder trade, but (this might make no sense) that's the reason I wonder trade them because i hope that some day they will find a trainer that will fully appreciate them for who they are. I received a lv. 1 Pikapek in a wonder trade and i'm keeping him because of his ability, it honestly made me very happy (and sad for my toucannon who i will try and find a trainer who will care for him because hes lv. 63 and in my hall of fame. the only pokemon i release would be magikarp who i actually sometmes level up into a powerful gyrados before I wonder trade them back into the system.

This is why I don't trade common Pokes. I only trade things with HAs, egg moves, or 3+ perfect IVs. We see enough people fishing for good trades while sending out common stuff themselves. I'd rather not contribute to that problem.

If I do get Pokes that I won't use I release them. If they are loaded with IVs, egg moves and/or have HAs and I still won't use them I put them back in the system.

Do I feel bad? Yeah, a bit. Especially after watching the cut scene in XY with that old guy (can't remember his name) in Team Flare's base talking about his Floette. I cried watching that...

Last edited:
I only trade IV bred or rare pokes over wonder trade so I hope someone can make use of them in some way, even if they bounce around a few times.

I release any common lv3 ones like most people in this thread.

Although there was one time I decided to do something to break the laws of what happens to most of the commons:
I raised a random wurmple WTed to me to lv100.
For no real reason.
Yeah.
I've seen several sad WT comics that made me want to do it. ;\

I don't really know, when I Wonder Trade, I just want to give some people good Pokemon, like Beldum, and if they give me something good in return, I'm like... nice, and hey, I think it's a fair trade
but if they give me something terrible, like YUNGOOS, I just release the Pokemon that I got, because I feel bad if someone gets that Pokemon

I would just not care because I am probably trading them because I don't want them for ex. I trade my starter because I found something better like Azumarill in place of my starter Primarina. I feel like they were useless and now I dont care about them.

Because, think about the zigzagoon and Wumple you wonder trade. They're probably going to bounce around the Link until the servers are shut down, simply because no-one wants it. If you've seen the comic by Renee P. on Tumblr, you'll know what I mean. Please, just release it if you're not going to make it part of your team (and you're not going to make a Lioone part of your team)

And before anyone says anything, yes, I do feel sympathy for little bits of code
Bold of you to assume I never used a linoone on a team. Also yeah I understand this