• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ideas for the next Mini Tournament?

What would you like the next tournament to be?

• Other (Explain in the topic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotation Battles

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Triple Battles

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (Explain in the topic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotation Battles

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Triple Battles

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys.

I've received several PMs now asking when the next mini tournament will be, and while I don't see it happening within the next couple of weeks (probably end of May at the earliest) it wouldn't be a bad idea to start thinking about it now. Since the next tourney will involve EV training and stuffs, people will need time to prepare.

I've put up a poll. For now it seems a lot of interest lies in holding either a Triple Battles or Rotation Battles tournament, so both of those are fair game. We've also discussed doing another ABC Soup Tournament which includes the new Pokemon, but that might be best left until after summer. Whatever we do, it'll probably involve the Flat rules again (so uber and event legendaries will be banned). Rotation Battles with the Flat Rules is 4vs4, but I'm not sure about Triples.

Note now that we're not doing another large Round Robin-style tournament. It was fun, but involved far too many battles for one afternoon. Instead we'd either do Round Robin with a max of 8 competitiors, or an Elimination style tournament.

So yeah, either vote or tell us in this thread what you're most interested in. :)

P.S. - I voted Rotation.

P.P.S. - I've added a time limit for voting. It's still pretty flexible (I might close it early if the vote is heavily one-sided), but for now you've got another 7 days to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to choose either rotation or triple I'd go for triple personally. But I think it would be interesting if it was mixed up a bit - maybe we get given some random colours and the Pokemon in our teams have to correspond to those colours (i.e. the ones they are said to be in the Pokedex)?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I voted for Rotational battles, they just seem like the most fun and the most strategy driven of all of the possible battle types out there. Everyone would really have to stay on their toes and try and predict their opponents moves as switching is so easy. Also, it would just be fun to get to have more of these battles as I have only taken part in one of them in White (not sure if there are even any more than the introductory battle for them).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Since I'm pretty certain the Winter Tourney this year (as far away as it is) is leaning towards the triples route, I'd definitely say it's as good a time as any to give Rotation battles their day in the sun.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
Since I'm pretty certain the Winter Tourney this year (as far away as it is) is leaning towards the triples route, I'd definitely say it's as good a time as any to give Rotation battles their day in the sun.

Unless more was discussed over the weekend, that wasn't the plan actually. Regardless, it wouldn't be bad doing a smaller Triples tourney sooner and a larger one later on. That way people could have a go at it before a bigger competition.

So, yeah. Feel free to suggest whatever.

Toastie said:
If I had to choose either rotation or triple I'd go for triple personally. But I think it would be interesting if it was mixed up a bit - maybe we get given some random colours and the Pokemon in our teams have to correspond to those colours (i.e. the ones they are said to be in the Pokedex)?

Your colors concept would probably be better as a separate tournament. Since we've never done Triples/Rotation before, it'd be best holding them with more standard rules first time 'round.

Pardon me if my absence for so long and suddenly jumping in is rather...unnecessary. I, myself, would want to see a Wifi Rotation tournament. It just seems unique, since you don't really see those often. Anywhere.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Twist said:
Pardon me if my absence for so long and suddenly jumping in is rather...unnecessary. I, myself, would want to see a Wifi Rotation tournament. It just seems unique, since you don't really see those often. Anywhere.

No worries, and thanks, Twist. After the poll closing and your additional vote now, we're definitely doing a Rotation Battles tourney next time. :)

A date hasn't been set yet, but we'll let you guys know when it'll be and what the rules are once we've decided. Thanks for all of the input!