• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles If I did this on Smogon, people would use it against me - So Allow Me To Share My Team Here

(Imported Straight from my Showdown Account)

dragonite.gif

Green Devil (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

What can I say? Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon. I use him in all of my main teams throughout the generations (even Gen 3 where he's completely outclassed by Salamence)! Dragonite's just always been viable from the moment he spammed AgilityWrap in Generation 1. But anyway, this is Dragonite's most popular set. Dragon Dance is there to boost Dragonite's already killer Attack while giving him enough Speed to sweep. I'm currently testing out Outrage as it's a very powerful move with the drawback of being locked in. Lum Berry is there to mitigate the Confusion. If I end up dislikeing Outrage, I will go back to Dragon Claw as my primary STAB. Earthquake is here as it compliments Outrage/Dragon Claw by hitting those damned Steel types (mainly Heatran). It's also just a straight up good move with 100 power, perfect accuracy, and great offensive coverage.
Extreme Speed is definitely in my top 10 favorite moves, and Dragonite is very lucky to have it at its disposal. It is tied with Sucker Punch for the most powerful priority move (Water Shuriken doesn't count due to having variable power.)! But, Sucker Punch's drawback of relying on the opponent to use an offensive attack is not present on Extreme Speed. It's only drawback is low PP! Extreme Speed is a great move that should be used on nearly all Pokemon with access to it.
The two major Pokemon that give this set trouble are Skarmory and Togekiss. But my next Pokemon takes care of them. ;)

greninja.gif

Bubble Man (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

If you see me in the chat, you've probably seen me get shit for putting down Physical Greninja. It is by no means terrible, but THIS is so much better. With Protean, this set is essentially my Fire, Water, Grass core all in one Pokemon. Hydro Pump is a powerful Water move with pretty good neutral coverage. After bidding Charizard adieu, my team lacked "Fire" power, so Hidden Power Fire was essential to take down Ferrothorn and Scizor. Ice Beam has great Super Effective coverage and nukes common Pokemon such as Dragonite, Gliscor, Latios, and Garchomp. Grass Knot may seem like an odd choice, but it is mostly for coverage as it gives Greninja power against bulky Water types which are generally rather heavy, such as Mega Gyarados, Suicune, Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Mega Swampert. The Pokemon that give Greninja problems are Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, the blobs, and Keldeo. But the next Pokemon covers those weaknesses. (I swear that I didn't order them like this purposely.)

metagross.gif
->
376-m.png

Metal Man (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

This is the reason I evicted Charizard X from my team. Mega Metagross is stronger, bulkier, and faster than Mega Charizard X, and since I already have a Dragon Dancer, Metagross fit a new niche. This thing is the epitome of fear. It may become Uber since it doesn't fear much after a Rock Polish boost, as it doubles its Speed which is already the same as Gengar's. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are the obligatory STABs with great secondary effects. Meteor Mash can give Metagross a boost to his already nuclear Attack while nuking fairies and Tyranitar, and Zen Headbutt nukes Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, and Gengar. Hammer Arm is there for coverage mostly against the blobs and Heatran. Though Mega Metagross is fear itself, it also has its own completely rational fears in Gyrados and Mega Charizard X.

excadrill.gif

Drill Man (Excadrill) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is here as my check to Rotom-W and Thundurus, which my team doesn't appreciate. Assault Vest makes him a great Special Tank. Rapid Spin is there to support Dragonite, which works well with Excadrill as they cover each others' weaknesses very well. Earthquake is a great STAB move when paired with Mold Breaker as it defeats Gengar and Rotom-W. Iron Head is there for Fairies, further supporting Dragonite. Rock Slide catches Talonflame on the switch and does about 95% to Thundurus, which usually runs Life Orb to finish itself off. Focus Blast cannot KO Excadrill with Assault Vest without a Critical Hit. Excadrill dislikes Greninja, Keldeo, Landorus, and Scizor.

gliscor.gif

Ground Man (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Protect
- Toxic

Ahh. This pisses people off. Gliscor is a wall. It completely walls Landorus-T, Landorus-I, Breloom, Garchomp, and many more. This set is pretty self explanatory. Stealth Rock is there for Charizard, Talonflame, and Dragonite. Protect and Roost keep Gliscor alive. And Toxic whittles anything that isn't Poison or Steel type. Gliscor fears Greninja and Mamoswine.

gengar.gif

Shade Man (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Gengar is my second favorite Pokemon that has also been on all my teams throughout the generations. Though his stats may not seem defensive, everything is! His typing has many key immunities and resistances. Taunt shuts down many leads, especially Gliscor. Wil-O-Wisp cripples Physical threats not named Mega Charizard X. Substitute is easy to get up due to the number of things Gengar walls such as Chansey. Shadow Ball is there as Gengar's STAB move as it has decent power and neutral coverage. Gengar fears Alakazam and Greninja.

So there is my team as of today. Please feel free to try it out as long as you give me some credit for it. :)