• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If You Were a Gym Leader

Yea, when I started this, I had this nice form and all, but it got eated. So, I'll lead by example...

If you were a gymleader, what would it be like?

Gym "Theme" I would use all of my favorites, and it would be a multitype gym.

Location I'd have it built underwater at the Lake of Rage, in Johto.

Gym setup Heheh. Once you got into the gym, and dried off and such, you'd enter into the first room, the Water Room. This is partly to convince people it is a water type gym. The room has a large pool of water in the center, and two platforms in said pool. If you beat the trainer in here, you advance to the next room, the Ice Room. The field in this room is covered in snow, and has several Ice pillars and such. After this room, is the Normal Room. This room is just a simple field, no gimmicks. After these three rooms, there is a small room in which you can heal your Pokemon, then advance. (My Gym is mean like that, once you begin, you have to make it all the way) After the healing room, is the Dark Room. The field in this room is desert-like, with a large area of sand and rocks, there is also a crevice.

Two rooms left : D

Yeah, then, it's the Fire Room. This field in this room is pretty simple. The only gimmick of this battle is that there is a large steam vent in the center that induces burns. The last room before the Leaders room, is the Psychic Room. The battle takes place in a low-gravity chamber, with several floating platforms. (The Trainers do not stand in said chamber, the stand outside of it's field)

Ah, the Gym Leaders room. You walk in, and there is a huge dome above you, showing off the lake it is underneath. The battle plays out rather gimmicky, but prepares challengers of the Pokemon Leauge, a field type is chosen at random, and the center field changes accordingly. Don't ask how, it just does :p Field type changes after one of the leaders Pokemon faints.

My Gym Team My team would be the following,

An Aipom, an Espeon, an Abosl, an Arcanine (shiny) a Glaceon, and a Poliwrath. Whichever one I would use would be determined on whatever field type is being used.

Prizes! Any trainer that wins would recieve the "Leauge Badge" as I call it, not because of the gym, but because it is under the water (20,000 leauges under the sea kind of thing) The Trainer would also recieve their choice of a TM; Psychic, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, or Hyper Beam

So, fellow Charmsians, how wopuld you set up YOUR gym?

Ah, this is interesting. ^^ Well, If I did become a leader...

Gym Theme: Dark type. I have no idea why..I just really like Dark type Pokemon, or Dragon, pretty much a tie there. :p

Gym setup: Basically, if it were a Dark type of gym, there would be little lighting as possible, and a lot of traps. Some leading back to the entrance of the gym, others getting you completely lost. though it would have that spooky setting, which would in my opinion be awesome ^^ Though on the other hand, if it were a Dragon type of gym, like Blaire's it would have statues all over the place of different dragon type Pokemon and higher platforms then others. Oh and a lava pit, just for kicks :D

But when you got to the gym leaders room, depending on if it were Dark or Dragon, I would be doing two different things. One, if it were Dark, The room itself would be Dark when you walk in, then slowly light up by candles with myself waiting in this huge cool looking chair. :p If it were Dragon I would be waiting at the highest platform of the gym.

Gym Team: Sneasel, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Sableye, Tyranitar, and either an Absol or Umbreon.

Prizes: TM for Dark Pulse or Dragon Claw

Well, that's pretty much it xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Gym "Theme"
I'd have a fire themed Gym, because they've always been my favourites. Maybe with a random typed Pokemon as well (I'm sure you can guess who)

My initial thought was that I'd love to have a tree-house style Gym, up in the trees, but that wouldn't work so well with Fire types...
So I'd have to say I'd like my gym to be in a large field/meadow - like Floaroma Meadow in Sinnoh. The Gym would be underground, so that the beauty of the field remained in tact of course. The inside would just be set up kind of like a labyrinth.

Gym Team
Manectric (Knowing Flamethrower of course, plus he can cover the onslaught of water types)
Charizard (Just because)
Vulpix (A team member that would probably be underestimated, and would then kick butt)
Houndoom (Adds some darkness to my team)
Magmar (Because no Fire Gym would be complete without one)
Miltank (My defender)

Prizes
The Molten badge, plus Curse TM

Gym "Theme"
Poison/Ice/Dark =D
I don't really know, maybe because those 3 types always appealed to me. Maybe a few random pokemon too.

Somewhere underground near Lake Acuity. In the Forest. To keep warm. (Finding the gym is a challenge in itself.)

Gym Setup

It would be dark inside, and you had to navigate a series of Rooms, all being dimly lit. Some rooms had and ice floor, some had floor traps. Some had Swamps and marshy ground. Occasionally, a ghost pokemon or two would scare the living daylights out of you. The Gym leader's room is closest to the top. There's this little elevator that takes you down to the beginning of the gym. Trainers occasionally challenge you when they see you, which can potentially make you shoot out of your socks. You have to either lose, or win to leave the gym.You can access the pokemon trainer 'mini-tourney' after you beat the gym.

Traps:
trap - trigger - details - room affinity
Avalanche - floor tile - a large amount of snow buries you, and you get taken to a room below it - snow
Ghost - random appearance - a ghost pokemon scares you out of the room, or just scares you - all
Pitfall - random appearance - you fall down one level, one pokemon gets hurt - all
Poison arrow - floor tile - one of your pokemon is badly poisoned - marsh
Hot Door - when you go to open a door, you find it locked and one pokemon gets burned - all
Loop -  set room -  when you enter this room, you get sent back to the pokemon center you were at last.

Room types:
Snow: Slippery floor, 3 trainers
Marsh: marshy ground, no trainers, time limit of 3 minutes to leave the room
Loop: Kind of like using teleport, you go back to the last pokemon center you used
Pokemon trainer 'mini-tourney': Battle 3 trainers in order one after the other during gym run-through. Becomes a tourney of 50 when done with gym. Pokemon healed after every battle in Post-badge Tourney. (Elimination tourney) Can win prizes =D
Gym Leader's: Straight-forward
Duo: a room with both basic room types
Heal:where your pokemon are fully healed

Gym Team (more than 6, used interchangeably)
Banette
Houndoom
Froslass
Drapion
Weavile
Roserade

Prizes

Trainer Mini-tourney/Elimination tourney:
*= only Elimination Tourney
Nugget
Any TM
Pokemon Egg (gets sent to box if team is full. Can have a Shiny of any of the hatchable pokemon. Or can have an Elecktrike, Shinx, Skorupi, Buizel, Tailow, Absol, or Eevee.) Shiny egg is is only receivable through elimination tourney.
*Master Ball
Any Berry (Note: some berries can only be obtained in the elimination tourney)
*Any Fossil

After defeating gym leader:
League badge
Choice of Shadow Claw, Dark Pulse, Energy Ball, Poison Jab, Blizzard, or Flamethrower TM.

((Got into detail =p))

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gym Theme or whatever:
Hrm, this is tough. Most of my favorite Pokemon are electric types, though my actual favorite type has to be steel. Gotta love steel types. ^^

Get rid of Team Magma's base, and I shall build my gym there. If not, then... how about in New Mauville? That place seems like a good place to build a gym, dontcha think?

Gym setup:
This is a toughie.... Well, I guess my gym will be a maze-like thing, except... not your standard maze. I guess it'll be kinda like Norman's gym's settup, except there'll be dead ends, and some rooms will be without a trainer. The rooms without a trainer will, instead, have a sort of puzzle you have to solve. Could be trying to figure out how to get to the other door or to one of the doors, depending on the room. Could be you have to piece things together like an actual puzzle, and etc. Once you complete one of those other puzzles (not the first type of puzzle), the door(s) will open. Pick and choose which door you wanna go through... only one path gets you to the Gym Leader, though. Hopefully this all makes sense. ^^;
5 puzzle rooms (1 is a dead end)
5 Trainer rooms
5 "maze" rooms
1 Gym leader room

Then, in the gym leader room, there's a little teleporter that lets you teleport back into the first room. Too bad you can't teleport to the gym leader's room through the first room, though!

Team:
Lairon, level 41
Skarmory, level 42
Bronzong, level 43
Steelix, level 45
Aggron, level 47
Metagross, level 47

Prizes:
The Alloy Badge and TM91 (Flash Cannon)

Because you can only battle me once you've beaten the Shinnoh E4, or else the person standing in front of my gym won't let you in. >:D

(lol, Shiny beat me posting)

I'm not sure if this would suit my personality, but hey. :)

Gym Theme: Hard to pick but I went with Steel

Gym Set-up: Since this is Jubilife City I'd go with something really sleek and technological. I'm not really a trap or maze kind of person so there won't be any, it'll just look cool. ^^ There will be a room in my gym that would serve as an wifi internet cafe (in the games, this could be some sort of wifi event or minigame). The stadium in which I would actually do battle would contain a large plasma screen for the people watching. The walls and floor would be totally flat so that I could project images onto them. For example if I'm in a green mood, I'd project the image of a forest, or if I'm in a urban mood, I'd project images of Jubilife, etc. I'd occasionally let the challenger choose as well. A statue of Dialga would be placed outside the gym.

Gym Team: Note that not all of these Pokemon are "favorites"
Bronzong
Skarmory
Bastiodon
Lucario (Like you didn't see this coming)
Magneton
Empoleon
The battles would be three on three

Prizes: Gyro Ball TM (one of my favorite moves ever)and the Tech Badge.

Ooooh... Fun fun. (You BOTH beat me in posting)

Gym Theme: Fire of course! >:D Really, I can't imagine my little pyromaniac self not having some little fire type pokemon under her belt...But then again, for some reason Ghost types appeal to me as well.

Location: Hrmmmm....Well, dangit. I'm not good at these sort of things XD But, if I were in the Fire gym, I'd have it built into a volcano, with various holes in the side of an active volcano. Only one hole gets you into the gym, while the others twist and turn and eventually lead to a dead end. (Oh how annoying that will be!) As for Ghostly gym, this one is set in the heart of a huge marsh that you have to traverse to find the gym. (Yeah not that much, but the swamp's gonna be huge)

Fire:

When you finally get into the gym, the first thing you notice is the elegantly carved hallways lit with torches on each side. Even though there's light, there is still some sort of eerie feeling to the place. After walking for about a minute, you come across three different paths, like a pitchfork. Each takes you to a different trainer, each trainer you have to beat. After each battle you receive a little piece of something (like pieces to a puzzle), and when you defeat all three, they form this single piece, which you fit into a wall to reveal a hidden staircase going down. *insert ominous vibe here*

After you hit the bottom of that staircase, its much darker than before, and a lot hotter. The walls are almost unbearable to touch and one would be sweating from the light steam in the air. There are a bunch of traps to this corridor, five different paths branch off from here. One takes you to a dead end in which you pick up a needed item. Another leads you to room which heals your pokemon (cuz I'm sorta nice like that) but you can only use it ONCE (I said sorta). A third is the longest, most twisting and annoying path you'll take, which is armed with trainers that oh so annoyingly pop up and demand a battle and at the end...is a dead end!!! Muahahaha!!! >:D The fourth is where at the end, you fall into a pit regardless of where you were at the time, because the floor caves in, and you drop outside where you have to refind the entrance and do everything over again!! Muahahaha!!! >:D And the fifth takes you to a room with a huge lava pit in the middle. A really hard trainer comes up and says that he/she will lower the bridge to get across the pit if you can beat him/her. When you do, the said trainer will say that even though you've beaten him/her, the bridge is out of order and needs a certain part to get functional again, hence that's where that little necessary part you picked up from earlier on comes in.

Oh and by the way, if you are unfortunate enough to fall into that little pit on one of the hallways where you get dumped outside, not only do you have to redo everything, but the maze hallways automactically resets and shuffles the five hallways! (Cuz I'm mean like that. Don't ask me how it happens, it just does. [size=1pt]It's my gym and I can run it however the fuck I want.[/size])

Then, when you get across the bridge, there's this long hallway that ends in these huge double doors. Two trainers sort of guard the door and you have to solve a riddle or double battle them to win (the riddle changes between a total of four different ones). Then, they let you pass into the gym leader's room. It's the hottest room in the gym, and by far the biggest. On the left and right walls there are pools of lava swirling and steam vents are verywhere; and at the end of the room is this huge throne on top of a large staircase decorated with more torches and on top of the throne: Me! Then I step down so dramatically and ask for a pokemon battle. The field also burns all pokemon that set foot on there.

Then if you beat me, I give you your badge and pize, then I lead you to a room that's veeery tall and has an open roof at the top. (It's only a tiny speck of blue outside) Then I say something along the lines of: "Okay you beat me, congrats. Now get the fuck outta my gym." Then I pull a switch and eject you out of the room with cool sound effects that make it sound like the volcano's erupting. ^^ But don't worry, you live, there's like a special landing spot like, a ways off that you land on safe and unharmed.

Ghost:

There's a LOT more puzzling twist and turns, with double the traps. Less trainers, but this gym will have to make you think if you want to get to me. Then when you do, there's this real dark room with yet another throne, and I battle you in this room. But I'm considerably nicer in defeat, and I pull a switch and the floor drops out from under you and you slide down a tunnel and land with a bump outside the gym.

Gym Team:

Fire:

Vulpix (Big suprise there :p)
Rapidash (For its awesome speed)
Flareon (Has some good attack)
Houndoom (I'll make sure this one has a maddeningly annoying moveset)
Infernape (I don't like it, but the type combo and speed make it a good member)
Typhlosion (Cyndaquil line

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gym Theme: Grass

Grass gets thoroughly shafted in the games, I've always wanted to do a gym that did it right. Mind you, Gardenia's gym did a pretty ok job of that...

Gym Set-up: As I'd clearly be Doctor Gary Oak, this makes obvious sense. This would also encapsulate it as being 'Pallet's Official Gym' too. I'd have a pretty simple setup that focused on the main battle. Maybe just a few trainers in the gym beforehand - but no puzzles. It'd obviously be a very green and grassy affair. Probably a bit like a massive greenhouse - with lots of grass and bug Pokemon roaming around free. (Maybe high-level wild Pokemon in the Gym, even.)

As per the Viridian Gym setup as it stands - I would be the final Kanto Gym Leader.

Gym Team:

Bayleef
Carnivine
Leafeon
Tangrowth
Roserade
Venusaur

As the final gym in the region, it would be a full 6-6 battle with high-levelled Pokemon.

Prizes: I'd give away a TM of Leaf Blade (which should totally be a TM) and the Earth Badge. The design of the Earth Badge is obviously still very fitting.

Responses coming in fast, and they all sound awesome. Chibi's would kill me though. I swear, by the time I got to you, Chibi, I would throw you in the lava.

And uhm, Alex, what exactly did you do to Giovanni\Blue? Genocide button?

Gym Theme: Normal

Location: Fallarbor, Hoenn. I'd set up the Gym so that you use secret power on a spot on the wall and BAM! You enter a Gym. It'd be mostly hidden.

Gym Set-Up: The Gym would probably be pretty straightforward and, well... Normal. The walls would be cave walls, there'd be grass on the ground instead of dirt and a couple tiki torches. :) Can't go wrong with a few of those. I'd have either two trainers blocking the way to me or no trainers at all.

Gym Team: Spinda, who would just use Hypnosis and make them confused and stuff.

Togetic, who would Metronome the shit out of them unless they KO'd her first.

Clefable, who would also just Metronome a lot.

Kangaskhan, just because I'd need some kind of scary strong one. And because they're awesome.

Either a Ditto or a Smeargle, it'd depend on what copy of the game you have.

AND THEN ARCEUS. No, not really. I'd have a Dunsparce that would be rolling out a whole bunch and yawning beforehand to put 'em to sleep. And Glare-ing.

Prizes: I would give out a Metronome TM and the ItTookMeTenResetsToDefeatThatFucker badge. I haven't given much thought to the badge...

P

Pokepok

Gym Theme:
Grass and Water

Gym Set-up:
My Gym would be a huge, dome-shaped one. The gym's walls would be carved with ornate designs. The battle field would be full of trees, with a pond right at the centre. I would have no gym trainers (unpredictable, eh?)

Gym Team:

Tentacruel/41
Shiftry/43
Roserade/43
Venusaur/45
Starmie/47
Milotic/52

Prizes:
I'd give away a TM of Hydro Pump and a rose incense. My badge would be a Sea-Weed Badge.

Gym Theme/Type/Specialty: Flying (I hope you saw that coming) / Normal (Secondary) / Psychic (secondary)

Title/Caption (Y'know, those things like, Blaine's: 'The Hotheaded Quiz Master': The Master of Flight has Taken Off!

Gym Set-up: Shiftable rooms. Mainly, pillars all over the place and you have to glide on a hang glider from pillar to pillar. If you fall, well, back to the closet pillar you go. And no, you can't run to the very last pillar and get to the gym leader that way. You have to glide from pillar to pillar. All with in a wind tunnel.

Secondary Format (Psychic): Same thing as before, but once you reach the final pillar, you warp away and begin a warp puzzle, picking the right portal, or you teleport back to the start.

Secondary Format (Normal): Simple enough, choose the right door and answer the question. If you don't answer it right the first time, you get sent back to the start. Did I mention that the questions change everytime?

Gym Team:

Shiny Swellow (Signature Pokemon, you all should've seen that coming)
Altaria (Bird in a cloud, whatmore can I say?)
Crobat (Vampire Bat, how can you not like it?)
Gliscor (Vampire Bat, how can you not like it?)
Scyther (Scythe bladed fighter)
Charizard (Flying fire breathing dragon, what more don't you like?)
Furret (Secondary)
Girafarig(Secondary)
Starmie(Secondary)
Gallade(Secondary)
(Others as well)

Prizes: TMs: Brave Bird, Air Slash, Roost, Tailwind, Recover, Hyper Voice, Extremespeed, Assist, Psycho Cut, Psycho Boost, Trick, Dragon Dance (All of these moves should be a TM) (TM obtained is dependent on the Pokemon you beat last); Badge: Wing Badge

If you see the difficulty in the gym, live with it. If there was a set of Gym Leaders in the Sevii Islands, I'd be the last one.

I think I'll be a tad more non-canon...

Gym Theme: A combination of Grass and Water type Pokemon.

Location: Pastoria City, the swampy atmosphere I think is fairly apt.

Gym Set-up: The Gym is a beautiful garden surrounding a huge pond full of giant water lilies and lotuses for you to stand on. Basically, this gym puzzle parrallels that of Pryce's ice gym. Stepping on a Lily pad will take you in a certain direction. What lies ahead could be an islet or another lily pad, with or without a trainer ready to challenge you. The objective is to solve the puzzle and follow a path that will take you directly to the Gym Leader.

Gym Pokemon:

Ludicolo, oh, but not just any Ludicolo, this shall be the most annoying Ludicolo ever. Armed with a variety of Status-inducing attacks and the ability to switch out, it shall not be much of a threat, but it will be uber-annoying to take down with its horribly tough build.
Buizel/Floatzel, saw that coming, didn'ja?
Tropius For this team, I'm going for the unusual, and Tropius being one of the only Grass/Flying types is certainly an eyebrow-raiser
Raichu Just to screw over all those people who'd think of bringing in a Flying Type. But for the sake of the team, it shall know Grass knot. >:D
Another Ludicolo, All I can say is "muahahahahahahaha..."

Prizes: The Ripple Badge, and based on the difficulty in mind, I'd say the TM prize would be Grass Knot, with the HM accesed being Waterfall.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Let's see...

Gym Theme: Psychic

Gym Setup: Similar to Blaine and Fantina's, where the trainer must solve a set of riddles before they can reach my location. These riddles would be considerably more difficult than the questions asked in Blaine's and Fantina's Gyms - I know some good ones. There would be no other trainers present, since I'd want my opponent to be at their best before they face me (even though they can just go back to a Pokemon Center anyway, but...) There would also be a large picture of Lugia behind me.

Gym Team:

Starmie - Starmie has always been a favourite of mine since the early days. Purely offense oriented.
Espeon - My favourite of the Eeveelutions. Offense oriented.
Gallade - For a physical attacker in the team. Also, I prefer his design to that of Medicham.
Xatu - Designed to annoy opponents. He'll use status moves on offensive opponents, and Guard Swap to harrass more defensive Pokemon.
Exeggutor - Eggy's just funny. He'll harrass opponents with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.
Lucario - Can't not have him, lets face it. He will have a Psychic-type attack though.

Prizes: The Rockin' Badge (anyone who has played Earthbound will understand the name,) and a TM29 (Psychic) as well.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The main seven Sevii Islands all have two names - Four Island and Floe Island are one and the same.

Gym "Theme" - I would use the poison type, because I find them the best to abuse the status effect moves :p (Yes I'm a status-inducing whore >:D)

Location - Definitely Johto, probably taking over from Cianwood Gym because that's just... meh.

Gym setup - I'd have something similar to Koga's Gym, a traditional building with traps and spinny stuff built into it. Traps that induce status effects, of course. A room of Jigglypuffs in.... for example :p

My Gym Team - My team would be the following,

Seviper, Venomoth, Ariados, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Drapion.

Prizes - Something along the lines of a Sludge Bomb TM, or a status inducing TM.

Because I

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Responses coming in fast, and they all sound awesome. Chibi's would kill me though. I swear, by the time I got to you, Chibi, I would throw you in the lava.

And uhm, Alex, what exactly did you do to Giovanni\Blue? Genocide button?

Technically, for all intents and purposes, I'd -be- Blue.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I think I'd have to have a Water-type Gym if I were a Gym Leader.

I can't say I've any fondness for puzzles as far as they layout goes. I'd feel sorry for all the poor trainers that got lost in the Water Gym of Pastoria, or ended up going in circles in Sabrina's warp-tile maze, so I'd give them a nice and easy shot around the gym. I would be tempted to put the whole gym underwater, though, just because I like the underwater sections of R/S/E. So yeah, maybe an underwater maze?

On the the pokemon; water pokemon have the most variation in typing, so I'd be forced to pick them. Also because some of them are lush. The main point of my team would be to have as many different secondary types as possible, to throw the opponent off guard.

Slowbro or Starmie would definitely be present. The dual water/psychic combination is an excellent type. Starmie has the advantage due to its wide variety of attacks.
Ludicolo goes without saying. With only one type weakness, and a good number of attack set-ups available, it'd definitely be there.
Milotic is a good solid choice. I'd take it.
Crawdaunt has a nice type combination, so I think that'd be a definite choice.
Whiscash is a good choice too - water and ground type that can learn electric moves. I'm all for it.
Either Kingdra or Gyarados for my final pokemon. Kingdra's type and decent stats would be an ace choice, while Gyarados has the speed and attack power to deal with opponents.

The prize, I think, would be.... A non-existent Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring or Muddy Water TM. Because I like those moves. And also, the Mizu Badge.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about location.

Possibly on one of the islands. I honestly dunno, since I only like a couple of already-gym'd cities.

Gym Theme: Bug

Gym setup: Probably have a forest setup, where fake trees would retract into the floor after you beat junior trainers.

My Gym Team:

Heracross for the large attack stat.
Scizor for a physical attacker and the fact that it is just too cool for school.
Armaldo for the ability to harass fire and flying types and the abundance of tms he learns.
Drapion to mess with the type matching.

Prizes: Infest Badge and the tm for X-Scissor.

Lovin' the popularity of this thread. Anywho, I'ma make another, because I think the Whirl Isles deserve some Gym Leaders. (Basing this off the Anime where it'sa large chain, not just a dungeon)

It only has four gyms though, because creating eight might make me implode....

Gym Number One Water

Location One of the main Whirl Isle, the Northwest one

Setup Would for the sake of simplicity, be simple. It's carved into the cliffside, and there are no doors or walls, just the cliff. This way, you can see out to the ocean, but to get to the Gym Leader, you have to go far in. The further you go, the darker and damper it gets. On occasion, is a hole carved into the side for light. The only Gym Trainer is one at the entrance, who challenges you if you go in. The fight is on the beach.

Once you get far enough in, it lights up. It's a giant carved out room, with shining marble serving as a doorway. It is a lush area, with soft green grass, pure white sand, and a lake of Ocean water. It is well lit, the top is carved out in a way like Sootopolis.

Gym Leader Noah
His Pokemon

Qwilfish-Mostly for the novelty effect. Also, to have Toxic Spikes set up.
Croconaw- Just for fun. That and, it's a Johto Water Gym, so y'know...
Politoed-Because they're fun! In all seriousness, this would be the Leader's signature Pokemon, good for battle in and out of water. Uhm, yea.

Prizes The TM for Water Pulse, just 'cause. The Gym Badge would be the Azure badge.

I'll finish this "Whirl Isle" leaders series later, just to have some involvement in my own thread.

Gym Theme: Normal types. Versatile and surprises.

A small island south of Pacifilog in Hoenn.

Gym setup:
The exterior would be a large stone building like the ones in Sootopolis With pokemon statues a bit everywhere. The interior would be like a museum, with portraits all along the walls and great statues here and there. The leader stands in the center under a high celling of stained glass depicting some legendary pokemon. The trainers of the gym aranged around the corridors, mostly pokemon fans and artists, apart from the last pair that the player will have to battle at once, they are ace trainers.

My Gym Team:
Smeargle: Status bringer - Thunderwave, Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, Flamethrower
Kecleon: Trademark pokemon - Shadow Sneak, Substitute, Sucker Punch, Thunderbolt
Miltank: Tanky pokemon - Milk Drink, Rollout, Body Slam, Iron Tail
Persian: Speedy pokemon - Fake out, Night Slash, U-Turn, Charm
Pidgeot: Fighting cover - Quick attack, Brave Bird, Steel Wing, Whirlwind

Prizes:
The Undertaker badge, and the Return TM along with opening up a room where the user can paint his/her portraits.

:O. Hmm. Sounds liek fun! I might make another one later, but as for now, I've got this idear here...

Gym Theme: Eeveeloutions lol. Love that whole line dealy mickjigger so why not?

Title/Caption: "The glasses girl with Eevee in her sight!" Or something like that... ^...^;

Location: Somewhere in Johto. Mebbe in Goldenrod, it would be a hidden one that you'd only be able to visit after you've gotten all the Eeveeloutions... and beaten the E4 about ten times. :D

Gym Setup: Some sort of maze with slides in it. Because there needs to be a gym with a lot of slides in it. And I would play hide and go seek with the challenger, they'd have to fight a different trainer each time they found me. And there would be people dressed like me, but they wouldn't be me. Once they found me seven times and beat the rest of the trainers there (because it's rather lame that you can skip trainers...not in my gym) I'd stay in one spot. I'd have a healing station 'cuz if they leave they'd have to find me seven times again.

Gym Team: I'd have two battles, one with Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Glaceon and Leafeon. Then I'd send my ridiculously high leveled shiny Espeon after them.

Prizes: The Versatile Badge...yeah. And instead of a TM, you'd get a shiny Eevee. 'Cuz I'm nice like that. And I can't think of a useful TM to give.

It would be happy fun times in my gym! =D

Oh I'd love to see you try. >:D Besides, I've got full healthy team of pokemon ready to beat your ass, and you've no doubt run your pokemon through the mill to get to me. *mutters something about a gym idea and goes off*

Plus, about mine killing you. That's the POINT. And I actually had to edit stuff from being to mean. :p

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
And instead of a TM, you'd get a shiny Eevee. 'Cuz I'm nice like that.
Aww, don't give me away! D:

Anyways, my gym...

Gym theme: "twin" Pokemon if that makes sense.

Gym setup: when you enter, there's this glowing circle with six green dots spaced an equal distance from each other, so that if you connect the dots, it makes a regular hexagon. There's one dot in the center of the circle. There's only one other trainer besides you present, and he/she's standing on one of the dots. After you defeat the trainer, the next trainer will appear, and so on. After you defeat all six trainers, the gym leader (me) will appear. Also, all battles are double battles. Oh, and you can't switch out Pokemon until both Pokemon out have fainted. Same rule applies to me and the other trainers, though, because

Team (changes every time you battle me, but will always use some these Pokemon):
Plusle-Minun
Nidoqueen-Nidoking
Solrock-Lunatone
Beautifly-Dustox
Gardevoir-Gallade
Glalie-Froslass

Prize: Lotsa money, the Partner badge, and the (made-up item) Buddy Sash, which increases all the stats of the Pokemon holding this item by 2 during a double battle. (because I can't think of a good TM that goes well with this... gym. XD)

gym theme: "sword pokemon"

gym setup: just like outside: wild pokemon and trainers (you can't catch the pokemon)

team: gallade (my faforite)
kabutops (old but strong)
scyther (fast as a ninja)
absol (disaster for the opponents)
sceptile (a gym without starter is nothing)

prize: the blade badge and leaf blade

Gym Theme: Toybox theme. For the gym. Not the pokemon.

Gym Setup: When you go inside, there's a lot and lots of toys with a little toy train and a conductor guy. He offers to bring you to the 5th terminal, of which you're on the first. Agree, and you get going, and the breaker switch dies at the 2nd terminal. Conductor tells you to flip the switch back on 'cause he's too lazy. So you go through a jack-in-the-box and balloon and any other functional toy area while battling, like, 5 little girls. Head back, get on the train... Oh, look! The conducto lost his hat at the third terminal! Whoop-de-doo. You go get it, battling more little girls and climb up a very large teddy bear, and at the 4th terminal, the conductor tells y'all to get him a drink at the vending machine, battling even MORE...of no one. Yeah, it's just a vending machine...with many crumbling platforms on the way, with cute little pictures the little girls drew. Finally, at the last terminal, the gym leader...isn't there. Instead, there's an I.O.U one badge sticky note. Hooray. Anway, on the train ride back, it is revealed that the conductor is the gym leader, which totally isn't an obvious plot twist. Also, before battle, a roulette wheel is spun, choosing 6 out of the 12 pokemon on there, each with a different type.

Team: Ampharos Cherrim
Seviper Hitmonchan
Tangrowth Glaceon
Castform Illumise
Hippopotas Misdreavous
Grumpig Nosepass

Prize: Some money, the Choo-choo badge (Cause I can't think of a better name, ugh.) and TM92 Trick Room. Even though only like, two of my pokemons can use it. Whatever.

Wuzzthis? An update by me again?
Yes, part two in my Whirl Isle gym Leader-a-thon.

Gym Theme Electric Types

Location Northeast Whirl Isle

Setup Okay, so, this one, unlike the first one, is tecno-y. Yes, that's a word. Anyway, you get to the island, and the gym is a simple dome, or so it seems. Upon walking in, you are blasted by all sorts of fancy lights 'n' such. The places glows with a soft blue, from all the screens. As you walk further into the dome, you walk out, into a battlefield. (It's inside, oddly phrased sentence) You seem alone at first, but soon enough, the first gym trainer comes out. She challenges you with a Pikachu, just 'cause all electric gyms need one. After you beat said Pikachu into a pulp, the Gym Leader comes out.

Gym Leader Exxiee

She uses:

Jolteon-For speed
Electrode-For it's insane speed, and 'cause explosions are fun
Raichu-STEREOTYPES!
Electivire-Her signature Pokemon, and a personal favorite of mine.

Prizes VOLTTHUNDERBEACONULTIMATEELECTIRIC badge. And, the TM for......Earthquake. Yes. That.

Gym Theme:

Ok, Because Dragons are epic, it would definetly be a Dragon/Flying gym, with a few types to eliminate weakness.

Mount Cornet, the peak that doesn't have Spear Pillar on it, which is the higher one, acording to the intro in pearl.

Setup:

It would be a dark cave kinda thing, which purple orbs hanging in the air. There will be another door, but with a Pokemon blocking the entrance to the next room. The Pokemon would attack, and you would have to knock it out to get it to move. This would happen six times. If you left, you would have to battle all 6 Pokemon again (and there is NO healing machine. Dragons can withstand battle after battle, so you're gonna have to too). After beating the sixth Pokemon, you walk into an empty room. The gym leader isn't here. Leave the room, and if you have good eyesight, you will see the portal glowing on the left side of the cave. The gym leader jumps through, and you have to battle her.

Battle:

She has all the Pokemon that you battled, but there levels are stronger by about 10. Her Pokemon and their moves are:

Salamence, Dragon Pulse, Toxic, Flamethrower, Hyperbeam
Garchomp, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rest, Sleep Talk
Kingdra, Brine, Hail, Ice beam, Blizzard
Lanturn, Aqua Ring, Thunderbolt, Rain Dance, Surf
Spiritomb, Destiny Bond, Hypnoisis, Dreameater, Giga Impact
Dragonite, Roost, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt

Gymleader name:

Ariana

Prizes:

Drako Badge and Pokemon egg (which will randomly hatch into Dratini, Spiritomb, Chincinou, Horsea, Bagon or Gible)

Hey, this seems fun!

Gym theme: Maybe a poison/dragon mix, poison since there is only one in the games, and dragons because they're frellin awesome.

Gym location: Hmmm... I'm not really sure. Maybe somewhere near Fallarbror Town, since it is close to meteor falls and there are poison type ninjas on route 113.

Setup: You enter through a door into a purple-ish room, where there is a woman behind a counter. She says she is taking registrations for a tournament inside. There will be sixteen participants, and it will be a lot like the Battle Dome, you can choose three pokemon, but you can use all of them in battle, not just two like in the Dome. The gym leader Cody will be one of the participants, and he will advance to the finals, where he battles you in a terrific battle! (lol) All the participants will have dragon/poison pokemon.

Cody's Team: Cody will have the following:

Flygon, lvl 76
Muk, lvl 74
Salamence, lvl 79
(movesets might appear later)

Prizes: A Dragon Claw TM and a Toxic TM + the Battler's Badge

You can return after defeating Cody, it will be open for challenges and not close. In the later battles, Cody may not always participate.

Uhm.....

If you don't mind me asking, Chainsaw, why am I randomly in YOUR gym? "If You Were A Gym Leader" is the topic, not, "Wanna Put Me in a Gym?" Uhm, yea...lol

Dun' take me offa my ego-high! I guess I realiize that now, his wording confused me a bit.

Anyway, I'm done with this little "ZOMG ITS MEH" shpeel so it doesn't get too spammy.

Well. This is a result of me watching Charlie and the Chocolate factory while on the 'Charms.

Gym theme: Candy! More like Wonka's Candy factory to be exact. (Muwahahahahahahahaha!)

Location: ...I'm sticking it in Slateport. Because I like Slateport.

Setup: Well. It all starts when you find a Golden Ticket Key Item. Somehow. Probably like a Wi-Fi event dealymobob. And then the Wonka event would commence. It would be more like a second Elite Four verses a gym I guess... but you'd have all the rooms. There'd be Oompa Loompas running around and you'd fight all the kids and then finally Wonka himself. Not quite sure on what Pokemon he'd use, but maybe Poison types because candy ain't too good for you.

Prizes: You'd be able to go in there when ever you'd like and get free items like Candy Bars that would heal your Pokemon but would give them a Poison status if you gave them too many.
...Yeah...

I'm thinking this up on the spot, so yeah.

Gym Theme: Psychic Casino Time!

Location: Lillycove. The only department store city without a gym.

Setup: The inside of the gym would be set up very similar to all the casinos of the Pokemon games. More specifically, the Goldenrod one. As soon as you enter, the gymleader(Me. AKA: Hailey), will greet you and tell you the rules of the Gym. Which I shall now demonstrate. "Hey there! Welcome to the Lillycove Gym! I'm Hailey, the gym leader. As you can see, I love games of chance, so I give all my challengers a little choice. They can either fight me right away, or play a total of 15 games to prepare for the fight. With the slots, you can end up making my Pokemon stronger, weaker, fight a random trainer, and various other things. Same with the roulette. With the card game, you can win temporary stat bonuses for your pokemon, or mine if you're unlucky enough. I also suggest talking to some of the players here, they may point you to a machine with really good payouts. Or one that's really bad! It's all up to chance! I'll be in the back when you decide to fight!"

Slot/Roulette Outcomes
Increase/decrease Hailey's Pokemon levels by 1
Increase/decrease Hailey's Pokemon levels by 3
Fight a trainer (Psychic pokemon)
Fight a random psychic type (Not catchable)
Dud (No prize)

Card Game Prizes
Increase/decrease random stat of all player's Pokemon by 3
Increase/decrease random stat of all Hailey's Pokemon by 3
Fight a trainer
Dud card (No prize)

Hailey's Pokemon (I'm lazy. YOU decide the levels yourselves.)
Espeon
Xatu
Chancey (It's a casino. Games of CHANCE. CHANCEy...IT MAKES SENSE)
Gallade
Gardevoir (Strongest)

Prizes: (Player's Name) Won the Chance Badge! (Player's Name) Obtained TM 48: Skill Swap!

I'm bored tonight.

Gym Theme: Crazy evil scientist time!

Story: H'okay, so we took a trip back in time to the time where they were makin' Mewtwo. Somehow. For some reason, they are letting people in to battle the scientists to see if they could control the most powerful Pokemon (no one but Team Rocket knows that is Mewtwo at this point). They'd get a badge, a TM and a chance to battle Mewtwo. Sorry, but you don't get to actually fight Mewtwo... he escapes during the battle between you and the leader of Poke-Mansion-Gym-Land ;0.

Setup: It's Cinnabar mansion. You run around and fight scientist, find out clues to what the 'Ultimate' Pokemon is, and have a jolly good time in a pretty un-destroyed mansion place. You can also fight others who are trying to get to the mysterious Pokemon. There's a Rocket dude who kind of cheers you on, after you beat the gym/scientist man he says that you could be a good Rocket person, but due to the fact that you say that hurting Pokemon for gain is wrong, he leaves.

Scientist's (The guy who created Mewtwo in the 1st movie...) Pokemon:
Arcanine
-Alakazam
-Poliwrath
-Golbat
-Raticate
-Arbok
+Arcanine will always be sent out first, he chooses two others (according to the Pokemon you have out) but after you defeat those two, Mewtwo starts going crazy and there's concern that he's gonna blow up the island. There's a buttload of chaos so the scientist hastily hands you your badge and TM, then tells you it's best that you leave.

Prizes: Breaking Badge, and a TM for some move that should be a TM (Can't think of one...)

Gym Theme: "That sketchy looking building over there in that dark alley. LET'S GO! =D" Think less "Gym" and more extra place like the Dojo was.

Gym Type: Dark/ Poison/ Ghost

Location: Lavender Town, Kanto. Near the memorial tower, back in the Blue/Red/Yellow version. None of this Silver/Gold/Crystal "Radio Tower" bull.

Gym Setup: A simple setup. You can see me right when you enter, however, as the building is PRETTY old and 'sketchy', the floor sucks. And if you don't take the right path, you'll fall through to the floor below, where my lacky trainers reside. The right path? Yeah, figure it out for yourself. The hole you make stays as long as you don't leave my gym. If you do, well, it all starts from scratch. (Yeah, my carpenters are THAT fast.)

Gym Leader: Since "Sami" is rather meh, let's mix it up and have the leader be my Alter Pok'ego, "Misa". No, not Death Note, you dorks. D:< I'm not THAT braindead.

Misa's Team: All in the 30's, I'd say. 5 on her team.

Shuppet/30 - Not too hard to take out, he's just there to give ya' some experience.

Nidorina/32 - She'll Bite your face off unless you're quick to strike. Oh yeah, and she's a TM-whore, this one. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt reside in her moveset, so watch your matchups carefully or she'll mess you up. She'll mess you up good.

Absol/34 - Not really a threat, though it'll tend to have Critical Hits all over the place.

Crobat/34 - This is the sonuvabitch you have to worry about, speedy little bugger all about the Confuse Ray and Cross Poison. Not to mention he'll spam Double Team as well. Have fun with this one.

Gengar/39 - He's pretty tough, but nothing you can't handle, right? I mean, you did just go through that !@#$% Crobat to get to him. He is fond of Hypnosis and Dream Eater, so come prepared. He also uses Dark Pulse quite often.

Prizes and Loot: Not being an official Gym, Misa will have no badge to offer, however, she doesn't pass up the opportunity to shove that annoying ghost-type; Rotom she had found haunting her precious TV. Go ahead, you deserve it. What? Not enough for you? Well fine! Have a TM; Dark Pulse. There, happy? Now shoo! SHOO!

(Kekeke, finally got rid of that annoying Rotom.....)​

Gym Theme: Mixed

Gym Setup: 3 rooms before me. All with different challenges you have to pass....non-battle, but still vs Trainer. Room 1: Race a Trainer across a deep pit using a Flying Pokemon..or one that can get you across...You can even use Teleport to get across...no attacking the opponent, though! Room 2: No pokemon....you play a trainer at simple game of Othello. Final Room: It will be a giant pool that you have to surf or fly across (No Teleporting here!) while dodging obstacles and water types. You have to do it in Three minutes or less, and there will be a huge timer at the end of the pool, that are also double doors that lead to me.

Gym Team:
Raichu
Torterra
Sableye
Crobat
Gyarados
Abomasnow

Prizes: Challenge badge and TM53 Engergy Ball

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Tiem to get into the CHRISTMASSY MOOD. :D

Gym Theme: CHRISTMAS. I told ya.

Location: Eh, probably, like, near Seafoam Islands in Kanto. 'cause Articuno resides there, best place it there.

Gym Setup: The outside doesn't look like your regular Gym. It looks more like a Christmas tree, with all these pretty flashing lights. When you go in, there's another Christmas tree, and there's this door with a wreath on it. And then there's that guy who goes "Hey hey, this is the Christie-mas gym, and..." Yeah, that guy. Well, Chris Thomas appears out of nowhere, dressed all in this Santa clothes and flashing Christmas tree lights, and greets you. He then tells you about his gym, yada yada... and disappears in a random poof! Turns out he went into a trap door, and you're going to have to "save him". So you take to the door, right? And the door opens to this place full of elves next to some conveyor belts, packing presents. You talk to the nearest "elf", who turns out to be a trainer. Battle battle, talk to next elf, another battle... after you defeat all 5 trainers, Chris walks in and goes all, "OMG, you bad person! You defeated all my poor elfies! Time to teach you a lesson!" Then he takes you through a random trap door again, into a room laden with... lights, mistletoes, and a Christmas tree in the back. Again. This is the gym leader's room.

Gym Team:
Chingling (heard of Jingle Bells? Yeah)
Glaceon ('cause they're my favorite Eeveelution, and it just goes so well with a Christmassy theme...)
Delibird (Thankies to Hailey for reminding me. GO, SANTA BIRD. :D)
Jynx (Fighting type people, watch out for Jynx.)
Starmie (It looks like a tree ornament. And it goes with the story about the Star above the manger when Jesus was born. AND TO SCREW YOU FIRE PEOPLE.)
Abomasnow (Christmas tree again. Gosh, you saw all those christmas trees, right? XD)

Prize: Money, the psuedo badge Yule Badge, and the Ice Beam TM. 'cause I can.