• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Iko region adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This rp is basically a typical trainer journey, with 8 gyms and an elite four and champion. It takes place in the Iko region, my own fanmade region. (I'll have a map for it added to the rp at one point, depending on if anyone joins). The rules are the same generic rp rules.
Character Info:

Name:
Appearance:
Backstory:
Starter Pokemon: (the Pokemon able to be given to you from the professor are: Azurill, Bonsly, and shinx) ((But your first Pokemon does not have to be one of these, as long as it's a non-evolved non-legendary))

Name: Zachary Allen
Appearance: Dark brown hair, Brown eyes, White. Wearing a side satchel.
Backstory: Zach has lived in the Iko region his whole life, specifically Dewshine town, working at his mother's day care. His father is away in the Sinnoh region on a research mission, and his brother is with him taking on the Sinnoh gym challenge after having already beaten the Iko gym challenge.

Zach stepped out his front door, pokeball in hand. Just minutes before he received a package from his dad. Enclosed in it was a pokeball containing the Sinnoh pokemon Turtwig, and a letter telling him to use it on his journey throughout the Iko region. After a tearful goodbye with his mom, Zach was ready to finally begin his long awaited leave from home to go out and experience what the rest of the Iko region had to offer.

Zach made his way downtown, before noticing some commotion over at the entrance to route 1.
What's this about? He thought to himself before jogging over. When he got there he saw caution tape blocking off the entrance, with two security guards standing idly in front of it, each with a gray Q on the shirt pocket of their tan suits. There was also a group of clearly annoyed pedestrians who clearly weren't thrilled about the blockage.

"I apologize, but the orders to close off route one from all unauthorized pedestrians is due to the sudden misbehavior of a beedrill hoard." Said on of the guards. "It's for you own safety that you stay away from the area. We at the Quake foundation are dealing with the issue as we speak."

"These people sure aren't happy about this..." Zach mumbled.
"It's just odd considering we've had beedrill issues in the past that have been easily delt with by Professor Hawthorn..." Said an older man standing by Zach. "These people at the 'Quake organization' shouldn't be dealing with beedrill swarms... Don't they have some 'tectonic plates' to be experimenting with?" He continued his rant as he made his way toward Dewshine Forest, the other route used to get to Edmond Town.

I guess that's where we're going. Zach said before heading towards the forest.

Name:Jagged Spike (no joke)
Appearance:Tall, black hoodiewith a purple pokeball on it, blue shirt under the hoodie, blue jeans, black sneakers, with a white parcel on him.
Backstory: Jagged's mother passed away when he was six and he's lived with his father ever since, his father was very protectivery of his son, but Jagged wanted to see the world so now he has gotten off the boat that he traveled on to land on the Iko region with one companion his Ralts
Starter Pokémon: Ralts

Jagged was already of the boat and his taken his first step onto the Iko region with his Ralts on his head. "Buddy you ready? This is where our new adventure begins!" Ralts replied excitedly. "Let's get going." Jagged said as he walked to the nearest town map. "Hmm it looks like the laboratory is the most important thing on the map, we should there first and get a pokedex." Jagged managed to find a shop and bought a couple of pokeballs and potions just ti add to the ones he already had and noticed a blockage on route 1. "That doesn't look right, but we're going to have to get around it." He said as he followed his map to an entirely different route through the forest. "I guess we can take the long way around." He saud to the Ralts as he took the route. After a while Jag ran into another boy in the forest. "Hello, excuse me, but do you know what happened over there with the blockage, I come from the region of Kalos so I don't really know my wah around here." He asked the boy.

Name: Lucy Jackson
Appearance: Black long straight hair, black T-shirt, white shorts, silver sneakers,white sunglasses and red shoulder bag
Backstory: Lucy lives with her mother and older brother in Vaniville Town in Kalos where they own a Ranch. When she was five she learned to ride Pokemon and soon she became very good rider. Her dream is to became Pokemon Rider.
Starter Pokemon: Fennekin

Lucy already arrived to Iko Region and was walking to Route 1 with her Pokemon Fennekin on her right shoulder. When she came closer she saw that Route is blocked. "Oh well, It looks like we will need to take a longer way around." Lucy said to Fennekin and started to walk threw the longer Route. Soon she ran to two boys in forest. "Hello!" Lucy waved to boys. "Can you tell me what happened over there with the blockage?" Lucy asked "I just arrived from Kalos I have no idea what is going on around here, because I don't have Pokedex." Lucy said embarrasingly

Zach noticed the boy approach behind him, so he turned and waved, before the kid asked him about the blockage.
"I'm not entirely sure what the whole deal is with the blockage, but apperently there's a big beedrill swarm buzzing around route one..." Zach then noticed there was a girl standing beside them.
"Oh hi!" Zach said. "Yeah, there's some kind of beedrill swarm in route one, so it's being temporarily blocked off. It's fine though, the forest path is kinda nice... My name's Zach by the way, what about you guys?"

"Oh, do you know what caused beedrill to buzz around? You think they might be attacked or something?" Lucy said worriedly "I'm Lucy by the way and this is my Pokemon Fennekin." Lucy smiled to Zach. Fennekin waved to him. "By the way Zach, do you mind if we travel together? It's better for me to travel in group." Lucy smiled

Name: Jay
Appearance: Blonde medium length hair, blue eyes. Wears a white jacket with a blue undershirt, black pants, and blue gloves.
Backstory: Jay was given and egg and an Eevee before his single mother set him off on his journey. He just left Hoenn and moved to Dewshine. He is now approaching a commotion going on at the gate to route 1. He sees three kids around his age and asks them what is happening.

"Hey, do you know what's going on? I'm Jay by the way, and this is my partner Eevee."

"So Lucy, Zach, and Jay, so it turns out were all somewhat confused about the blockage and we're going to get our pokedexes. From the looks of it I can only assume that Lucy is from Kalos due to the Fennekin, as for Zach and Jay, I can't really tell." He said. "Anyways seeing that were all kind of here and new to this whole adventure thing, how about we just travel together?" He asked. "I'm pretty sure nobody likes to be lonely, and I'm pretty sure that my Ralts is already getting bored of me." He said as the Ralts began to pat oh his head and wave hi to the other pokemon.

"Alright sounds good to me. Eevee loves company. I'm from Hoenn so i don't know this place very well. What's the quickest way to Edmond Town without using the gate?" Jay said. Eevee jumped onto his shoulder and smiled at Ralts.

"Traveling in a group sounds like a great idea!" Zach exclaimed. "Oh wait, you've all still yet to meet someone; Turtwig, go!" Suddenly a turtwig leaped out of the pokeball in Zach's hand. "This is my parter, Turtwig! I live here in Iko, but my dad's doing field work over in Sinnoh."

"So, the other route to Edmond Town would be through the forest, so that's where we should head now. Sounds good to y'all?"

"Eevee and I are ready to go. Lead the way Zach." Jay exclaimed. Eevee hopped down and greeted the Turtwig by patting his shell with her tail.

"Sounds good to me." Jagged said. "So after we get out pokedexes, where will our first stop be, becuase Ralts and I were pretty excited to see the gym leaders of this region." He said. "I plan on trying to catch a weedle mainly becuase I've always wanted one, they just seem so cool." He said

Last edited:
Jay fumbled with the egg in his bag. He couldn't wait to see what pokemon it was. "I think taking on the gyms is a great idea. I want Eevee to get stronger." Jay said

Last edited:
"Oh!" Zach exclaimed, intrigued by the mega stones he had. "I've heard of Mega Evolution, and I can't wait to see it in action! My dad told me of an associate of his who's an expert on mega evolution, a few towns over. Hopefully we'll get a change to talk to him on our way through. But first we should definitely stop by the professor's lab to get pokedexes and such. I'll show you guys the way."

Zach said before making his way towards the lab.

"I can't wait to get a pokedex! I'm gonna see every pokemon in Iko!" Jay said as he followed Zach, Jagged, and Lucy into the forest.

*Dewshine forest* *Pokemon on land- Weedle, Caterpie, Burmy (plant cloak), Metapod, Kakuna, pinsir* *Pokemon in stream- Tympole, Froakie, Mudkip, Psyduck* *Pokemon that come out only at night: Duskull, gastly, phantump, Shedinja*

Zach walked through the forest, friends behind him and turtwig to his side. "The forest is kinda big, so we'll probably have to spend the night here before we get to Edmond Town. That's where the professor is." His Turtwig nodded in agreement.

Jay and Eevee walk over to the stream. "I agree, but I want to try to catch something in here first. I bet there are a lot of cool pokemon in here." Jay says.

(OOC: Um, you two, with the Mega Stones, I recommend reading the Pokemon RP Rules. Unless you both got permission from an administrator, Mega Stones/Key Stones are a big no-no.)

Name: Angelina "Angel" Hale
Appearance: Average height and build, Caucasian skin complexion. Angelina has long, black hair that stops at the middle of her back. Her eyes are two different colors, with her right being sapphire blue and her left being an emerald green. Angelina wears a white, sleeveless shirt with dark blue jeans. Over her shirt, she wears a primarily black, open jacket with a purple trim. She has white sneakers.
Backstory: Angelina Hale is the daughter of Alec Hale, a successful businessman and owner of a large company, which is based in Goldenrod City in Johto. Angelina is the heiress to the Hale Company, even though she never wanted anything to do with it. She grew up in several areas, going from estate to estate, but she frequently lived in Goldenrod, hence her accent. Her father and mother could provide anything she wanted, except their attention. They were always off on business, so she when she wasn't being tutored, she was raised by the staff at the estates. The only time she ever got her parents attention was when she got caught stealing, which soon formed in to a habit. She met her partner, Ra the Torchic, when she was young. After going "adventuring" from one of the estates she lived at, she found the Torchic, wounded. She nursed it back to health, and the grateful Pokemon has always had her back. She snuck aboard a cruise ship in Olivine City to get to the Iko Region.
Starter Pokemon: Torchic
_____RP______
Angel sighed as she began to walk through the forest. Apparently, it was the only available way to get to the next down, where the local professor handed out Pokedexes. She looked down and smiled at the Pokemon she called her partner, Ra. Soon enough, the two would be participating in Pokemon Battles in the region. But, a Pokedex would probably help. While they continued walking, Angel saw a group of people ahead. "Hey!" She called, waving to them. "You guys on your way to the next town, too?"

Jay turned as he heard a voice call to them. He called back, "Yes we are, we're headed to Edmond. We're going to get pokedexes. I'm Jay and this is Eevee. Nice to meet you."

OOC: Thanks @Dapper_Cat I'll esit my posts and make sure that they don't have Mega stones and that I don't have the key stones, thx (:

RP: "Yeah like I said I Need that Weedle, Ibe wanted a Beedrill for forever now." He saud as he turned around to see another person not si far behind them. "Hey I'm Jagged this little guy is Ralts." He said. "You want to spend the night with us out here in the forest? It'll be fun." He said.

(OOC: Not a problem. We all make mistakes sometimes. Some more than others. Looks at mirror and points accusingly)

"So, a traveling group of buddies, huh? That's cool." She commented. Her Torchic chirped something, and Angel looked down at him. The Torchic seemed to like the idea of traveling with a group of people as well. And, since Angel didn't get to know too many people, let along people in this new Region, she figured now was as good a time as any, and, since one of the group offered, she might as well. "Ra and I are cool with it if you guys are." She replied

Zach waved to the newcomer. "I'm Zach! And this is my Turtwig!" Turtwig called out in delight. "We're all on our way to Edmond town, but we're taking our time to see all the cool pokémon in the area... Speaking of..." He glanced behind Angel to see a Psyduck hobbling around. "Ready turtwig?" He whispered, before Turtwig got into a battle position. "Leachlife!" Zach yelled, before vines sprouted out of the ground, wrapping around the psyduck's feet. The psyduck tried to step forward, not even noticing the vines, but just ended up tripping and falling. It whipped it's head around confused, before accepting defeat and lying on the floor.

"That was.... easy?" Zach said, before tossing a pokeball at it. Three beeps later it was his. "Alright!"

"Eevee and I are always happy to make new friends. You're welcome to stay." Jay exclaimed happily, he had always liked Torchics and thought that this girl could be fun. He was very excited to have made so many new friends in such a short time. Eevee seemed happy also. "Nice catch Zach! Let's see if i can find one." Jay said wandering around the stream.

"Well, let's meet the new team member!" Zach said, to which Turtwig let out a cry of excitement. "Go, psyduck!" He tossed out the pokeball, and psyduck came out. Turtwig walked over and smiled at the psyduck, to which the psyduck responded with a blank stare before turning around and walking away. "Uh... Psyduck?" Zach called out, but it didn't respond. "Oh god... this'll be interesting" He said before returning it to its poke ball. "Maybe your guys' pokemon will be a bit more... enthusiastic"

"Alright, then. I'm on my way to Edmond Town as well, so I'll just hang out with you guys while we head there." Angel said. "I suppose I should introduce myself. My name's Angelina, but you can just call me Angel. And this is my partner, Ra." She said, motioning to her Torchic. "Torchic! Tor!" Ra said happily. "I might as well try to find something to catch, too." She murmured. "And, there's one now." She added, seeing a small blue Pokemon with orange on it's cheeks relaxing on a rock. "Dibs on the Mudkip." She said. "Ra, use Ember!" She ordered. Her partner complied, and fired an Ember attack at the Mudkip. While it didn't do much, it did succeed in agitating the Water-Type. It stood up and swam in the river until it got on land, facing Ra. "Mud! Mudkip!" It said in anger, before tackling Ra. Ra was sent skidding back, but dug his paws into the ground.

"Peck!" Angel called. Ra's beak glowed white as it charged the Mudkip, and hit it several times with the Peck attack. Mudkip groaned in pain before retaliating with a Water Gun. This damaged Ra alot, and sent him flying back into a tree, and fall into some bushes. The little Fire-Type, however, walked out moments later. "Good, now use Sand Attack, and follow it up with a Scratch!" The Mudkip charged Ra once more, but at the last second, Ra kicked up some dirt and sidestepped the Tackle attempt, before scratching Mudkip. The Water-Type fell to the ground, and Angel took out a Lure Ball from inside her jacket. A gift from an old acquaintance of her dad's. She believed his name started with a K? She wasn't sure. He made these Custom Pokeballs, and she had five of each of the six different variants he made. While Mudkip technically wasn't fished up, it was still a Water-Type and usually resided in rivers. It still counted, right? Either way, she threw the Lure Ball, and the Mudkip quickly dematerialized into the ball. It shook once, twice, thrice... And then a click. She walked up to the Pokeball and picked it up. "Coolio. First new Pokemon." She twirled the still-enlarged Pokeball on her index finger.

"Alright my turn!" Jay said with excitement as he spotted a froakie under the water. "Eevee dive in and use scratch!" Eevee jumped in the water and scratched the wild froakie. Froakie jumped out of the water clearly hurting. Jay crouched down and said, "I don't want to hurt you, come into this pokeball and It'll heal you." Jay held out the pokeball and the froakie looked at it and tapped it with his hand. "I caught a pokemon! I actually did it! Eevee come here and dry off, you did great." Jay said happily. He took Eevee and dried her off with his jacket. He then let out Froakie and said, "I'll call you Squirt." Squirt jumped up happily at his new nickname. Jay was ready for bed after that battle. "It's getting dark out, should we set up camp and go to sleep?" Jay said with a yawn

"Well I guess everyone is catching new pokemon already. Anyways Ralts and I are gonna go look for some firewood so that we can camp out here in the woods, buddy let's go." Jagged said as he and Ralts walked away to search for firewood. "So buddy how yoh likin' Iko so far?" He asked the ralts as it responded happily. "Yeah me too, but it's getting really dark so might as well camp out right?" He said as they both froze at the sound of something eerie. "Bud, you heard that to right?" He asked as they turned around to see a ghastly. "Woah." He whispered. "Ralts let's sneak up on it, use growl then go in for confusion." Ralts followed through with the plan and then Jagged threw a pokeball at it 1..2...3.. poof. "Sweet looks like we've got our first pokemon in Iko." He said to the Ralts. "Let's check you out, come on out Ghastly." It came out and looked at them. "Hi I'm the person that caught you welcome to the team and sorry we had to sneak up on you, but anyways you can help us look for firewood if you want." He said and they eventually found enough firewood and went back to the group. "Hey guys check it out I caught a pokemon, it's a ghastly." He saud in excitement.

"Look at all these new Pokémon!" Zach exclaimed excitedly. "This adventure is gonna be unforgettable, I can already tell." Zach then looked up and noticed the dark sky. "Oh, yikes, it's already getting late..." He noticed Jagged with the firewood. "Oh, awesome! Just what we needed! Let's start setting up camp, right here by the stream should be good."

"Right, I suppose I should check out my newest addition, too." Angel said, as she threw her Pokeball into the air, and Mudkip materialized on the ground. "Mudkip! Mud!" It exclaimed happily. "Welcome to the team, Mudkip! Now, you're gonna need a nickname. Boy?" She guessed, to which the Mudkip shook it's head "no." "Okay then, girl?" The Mudkip nodded. "Alright then. Let's see... How about... Neph?" The Mudkip nodded, and cheerfully called it's species' name out. "I'll take that as a yes." She giggled. She looked back to the rest of her group. "So, we're setting up for tonight?"

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Name:Jake
Appearance:He has black hair, blue eyes and wears a green jacket. He also wears a white shirt under his jacket, wears old black pants and sneakers that look a little Moroccan, but most of them have turned gray.
Backstory:He was invited by the teacher to pick up his pokemon, in another region. He lived in Kanto, his dream had always been to be a trainer. But Oak had already given all his pokemon when he (finally) was trying to catch a pokemon. Remembered Prof. (what's his name?), And said that it was only to go to the Iko region. When he arrived, the teacher gave him a recently captured Pokémon, a Magnemite.
Starter Pokemon:Magnemite

(Can he be a rival of Zach?)

"Alright looks like we're all done setting up." Jagged said as he pulled out a sleeping bag. "Me, Ralts, and Ghastly are going to sleep early so that we can wake up early to train." He said. "Once you guys wake up well start heading to the lab. If that's ok with you guys." He said.

((Yeah sure, he can be Zach's rival))

The night continued on, Turtwig chasing around a confused psyduck around the fire, and the rest of the Pokémon playing around with them. Suddenly Zach heard a strange moan coming from in the woods.

"Probably just another ghost pokemon," Zach said. "But I'll go check it out anyway. Turtwig, Psyduck, follow me." Turtwig nodded and followed, but psyduck kept running laps around the fire, not noticing Turtwig wasn't there. "Actually, can you guys keep an eye on psyduck? I'll just take Turtwig."

Zach stepped off the path into the woods, going deeper and deeper in till he could barely see where he was going.
"You know what, never mind, it's not worth it." He said, before turning around. "I think I came from this direction..." He began walking the other way, and after a while he wasn't anywhere near where he first entered the woods.
"Okay... this is odd..." He then heard the odd moan again, and turned around to find a duskull floating behind him.
"Oh, we've got this one." Zach whispered determinedly. "Turtwig, razor leaf."
A bunch of leaves began to rise from the floor, before they all began charging at the duskull. Several of them hit it dead on, casting it to fall to the floor. "Got em!" Zach yelled, before tossing a pokeball. Then suddenly the pokeball stopped midair, before shattering into pieces.
"What on earth...." Before he could say anything else, he heard an even louder moan. He looked down at the duskull, then further on. Floating there was a massive Dusclops.

"Ohhhhh god... I didn't realize the mom was around.... Run!"

Zach and Turtwig darted away, pushing through leaves and branches before finding themselves back at the campsite.
"gUUUYYSSS!!!" Zach yelled out.

"Right. I'll need to grab a sleeping bag when we get to Edmond Town. I didn't bring much with me." Angel murmured as she sat down against a tree. She heard a moaning noise, but Zach went to check it out, and Ra kept an eye on Psyduck. But not long after, Zach came running back. Angel jolted to her feet, and Ra and Neph both looked at Zach worriedly. "What's wrong, Zach?" She asked, walking over to the boy in question.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Jake walked on the free course at night. Nothing to listen to, much less to see.
Dude,what a boring region... Jake thinks and keeps walking. Soon, he hears a loud scream. It was something far away ... He ran as fast as he could and saw Zach Screaming.
"Do not worry, a Trainer like me can beat a simple Duskull ..." Jake looks up and see the Dusclops. '' ... owch ... why be curious Jake ... damn ... '' Jake Said going backwards
'' HELP!! "Jake yells as loud as he can.
"Look, if we want to win him, we'll need more people ... I hope they listen to us, I do not want to die ..." Jake says, picking up Magnemite's pokeball.

Jake walked on the free course at night. Nothing to listen to, much less to see.
Dude,what a boring region... Jake thinks and keeps walking. Soon, he hears a loud scream. It was something far away ... He ran as fast as he could and saw Zach Screaming.
"Do not worry, a Trainer like me can beat a simple Duskull ..." Jake looks up and see the Dusclops. '' ... owch ... why be curious Jake ... damn ... '' Jake Said going backwards
'' HELP!! "Jake yells as loud as he can.
"Look, if we want to win him, we'll need more people ... I hope they listen to us, I do not want to die ..." Jake says, picking up Magnemite's pokeball.
(OOC) Hey, not to be rude or anything, but according to the pokecharms RP rules you have to type in past tense, thx!

"I MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE" Zach yelled, before the Dusclops charged behind him towards the campsite. "I accidentally except not really accidentally attacked this Dusclops' baby without realizing the mother was around and now she's mAD." The Dusclops raised a hand and a burning log floated into the air. "Oh god."

(OOC: Another recommendation. Perhaps create a discussion thread for OOC banter and the like, and edit the original post with it? That also helps prevent the RP from getting shut down.)

BiC: "Neph, use Water Gun on that log! Ra, Ember on that Dusclops!" Angel commanded. Her Pokemon complied, as the two went through with their moves. "Now, both of you, hit that Dusclops with a barrage of Water Guns and Embers!" She called. If she could wear it down enough to where she could catch it, or at least drive it back, it would definitely help her get to sleep. Actually, now she may not sleep at all tonight.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
''You what? '' Jake said slapping his own face. '' Next time, hit a pokemon that REALLY does not have his mother around. '' Jake said and Dusclop hit him. '' Man, if we survive, I will not More help people, I just hope that they help me ... '' Jake said falling to the ground by the stroke of the blow. '' Well, I see no other option but to fight against ... cof cof ... She, if we join We may have a chance ... no? '' Jake said freeing his Magnemite. '' Go, Magnemite! ''
And this is how you enter a vacillation...
Jake thought after playing the pokeball.

"Guys what's all the commotion?" *yawn* "I'm trying to sleep here." He said as he realized that there was a Dusclops in the campsite, "Woah! What'd you guys do?!" He asked "Ghastly, Ralts out you go!" He said as Ghastly and Ralts popped out of their pokeballs. "Ralts growl, Ghastly use lick it'll be super effective." He said as they followed through with the plan.

"Turtwig, try and leech it!" Zach called out, before several vines spurted out of the ground, but the Dusclops was too far in the air for them to reach it. "Dang, razorleaf!" He said, before several sharp leaves hit the dusclops. Unfourtunaltely it didn't do too much damage. "Psyduck! We could really use your help!" Zach called out, but the psyduck gave no response. "Ugh why do I even try."

Status
Not open for further replies.