• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS I'm looking for team help - specifically to beat down some friends.

Because this is not a WiFi-based team, I am not paying attention to EVs, IVs, or what-have-you.
My main focus is the nature of the Pokémon, the held item, and the moves that suit it best.
Another main point to be addressed is that this team is for fighting my friends.
Thank you for your help, or for looking, if you choose to do so.
Note: I don't want to have to re-breed unless absolutely necessary by the means suggested. Feel free to suggest replacements as well.

All right, I decided to go ahead and post a more updated team as well as a picture. The trainer card should help to diagnose the extra Pokémon in Jynx/Weavile. I'll either use one or the other in battle, whether I think that I need more of a physical or a special sweeper (or glass cannon, I suppose).

trainercardio5.png

Whiscash @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Special Attack)
Trait: Anticipation.
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Rest
Zen Headbutt

Lanturn @ Wise Glasses
Modest Nature (+Special Attack, -Attack)
Trait: Volt Absorb.
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave / Aqua Ring
Ice Beam

Torkoal @ Iapapa Berry
Impish Nature (+Defense, -Special Attack)
Trait: White Smoke.
Fire Spin
Toxic
Protect
Lava Plume

Jynx @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
Trait: Forewarn.
Substitute
Calm Mind
Psychic
Ice Beam

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature (+Speed, -Special Attack)
Trait: Pressure.
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Miltank @ Shell Bell / Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Defense, -Special Attack)
Trait: Scrappy.
Return
Earthquake
Heal Bell
Milk Drink

Dusclops @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
Careful Nature (+Special Defense, -Special Attack)
Trait: Pressure.
Will-o-Wisp
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak

*I'm using Dusclops because I do not have access to WiFi at the current moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruko will suggest Rock Slide on Heracross. I know he hates Stone Edge, but meh. It's really down to personal choice between the two attack. Try either a Choice Scarf or Choice Band for Hera.

Miltank should take the Leftovers. Abomasnow should switch to the Big Root for the hold item.

Ice beam for Lanturn is a great move, and goes great into the Boltbeam combo with Surf.

If you're iffy about Aqua Tail's accuracy, Waterfall will work fine.

I am against you using Abomasnow for a few reasons:

1) He's the only one that would benefit from the Hail.
2) Eveyone else takes damage every turn from the non-stop hail.

Otherwise, I don't see anything glaringly obvious. I am only skimming though, so I could be missing something. Of course, I need to think of a suitable replacement for Abomasnow, since I am mentioning that it does hinder most of your team.

I know this completely goes against my posting my team / team idea, but would it, perhaps, be easier to suggest ideas for a team based around both Whiscash and Lanturn? They're two of my complete favorite Pokés; I think catfish are adorable; and Lanturn is the cutest angler fish that there is.

If it is all right, may I simply revise and re post a new team in this same thread? I would like to keep up the current one, if not only to get suggestions on single Pokémon from it.

I modified my post as to follow the rules, posting the new team over the old team- I find that I like this team better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, double posting is against the rules. Unless it's a good reason. Or I allow it.

Especially without consent from me, the local mod, you're breaking the rules.

Next time, please merge your posts together with the edit button.

As for Weavile, instead of Aerial Ace, Pursuit or Ice Shard could go in the last slot.

Cause I'm pressed for time, I'll look at the others later.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Double, Triple, Quantiple, et cetera, posting is not allowed. Use the modify/edit button. The sole exception is if you're bumping a topic that has fallen behind with new information pretaining to this topic.

Would that not qualify as a bump to the topic with new information? >>;
I couldn't see the before and after, and can't be sure... but I feel a need to point that out.

On another note, Aerial Ace gives fighting coverage... and with a 4x fighting weakness, I'd say I'm for that pretty well XD
Any of Weavile's other attacks fall short in that area.

True, but an hour after Ruko? Not even a hour. I would have said the modify button if its within the lat day. If it's after a day, double posting would've been fine for me.

P

Psycho Boost

This is a good team. However, for Miltank I would suggest Body Slam instead of Return(only because I am defensively minded) and I think thunder wave would be better suited for Lanturn instead of aqua ring.