• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed In The Shadows of the Four

NOTE: This RP is not open to others. Those who can post/participate are as follows: @Hisseki, @Daylight Eevee, @Shadowgirl1234, @SilverSolis, @Riolu and Zorua, @AspenTR33, @The Ringmaster, @montymike, @Galaxy Sylveon, and @Excalibur Queen. Remember to keep posts to at the very minimum of four sentences (a paragraph) and that OOC discussion is to happen in the discussion thread, the link being here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, Professor..."

"Speak up, I couldn't hear you, yeah?"

"I-I said yes, Professor. I u-understand what must be done. I stay in the Center until everyone g-g-gets here."

"Good. Farewell then, Nikolao Aukai. Good luck exploring, and please, try and make some friends, yeah? And while you're at it, fix that stutter, yeah?"

CLICK

Nikolao, or Niko as he prefers to be called, stepped back from the screen of the computer in the Pokemon Center of Seafolk Village timidly. He had just arrived at Poni Island from his hometown back on Akala Island, and despite being somewhat tired from the voyage, was excited to get his journey underway. A quick bag check notified him that he had everything that he wanted to bring with him: a few Pokeballs, some berries, other foods, water, and - his partner's purple necklace? Niko looked to his side to see nobody there. With a snap of his fingers, a pink Oricorio strolled to his side and looked up at him. "Heh, Aina, you left your necklace in my bag. Here, lemme get it," he said down to her.

Aina stood still as Niko put the necklace onto her, still admiring its purple crystal as if the necklace were new. Niko chuckled as he stood back up straight and looked off at the port where he arrived just that morning, squinting and attempting to shade his eyes with one hand. Bah, my eyesight is poor in this bright light, I haven't adjusted to it yet. I can't tell if someone else is there... oh well, if someone comes, they'll probably look for others that are going on this trip as well. The boat to the new island doesn't get here until nighttime, and it's still just noon. For now, the quieter, the better, thought Niko happily to himself. Content with the possibly temporary silence, he walked over to a table and took a seat, Aina jumping onto his lap to join him. The two took a deep breath in through the nose, taking in the smells of the village - primarily seawater, but it was new and refreshing nonetheless.

"
Professor Kukui, I must thank you later. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to go on what looks to be the greatest adventure of our lives! Right, Aina?" Niko said quietly to the Oricorio that sat with him, who nodded and smiled in response.

Stan held a purple bucket and had a Wimpod on his shoulder when exiting the ship to Seafolk Village. He started to run fast towards the Pokemon Center, much to Burly's dismay. "Burly are you ready?" Stan said to the Wimpod. "Wimp." Replied Burly very quietly. "That is the spirit!" Stan exclaimed. "How about you Sandy?" Stan looked in the bucket to look at a Sandygast. "Sandygast!" Replied Sandy excitingly. Stan then burst through the doors of the Pokemon Center and stocked up on supplies. He then sat down at a table with another boy with a Oricorio. "whats your name?" Stan asked. "after that we should battle!"

Audrey ran into the center, Blizzard keeping pace alongside her. Her brother, Max, a blond teen in a yellow plaid shirt and jean shorts, was slower. Jeremy walked by him, even though the Rockruff was Audrey's Pokemon. The girl's sandals hit the ground loudly with each step. Max blushed and scratched the back of his head. "She's normally not like this," He said. Audrey, huffing from her run, looked up at him as if to say, "Shut up, I'm excited." Max laughed. "Well sis, looks like it's goodbye, at least for a while," He sighed.
Audrey, regaining herself, said, "Thanks for the ride." Max opened his mouth to say something, then hugged her. In front of people. Audrey smiled and, for a second not caring about what anyone else thought, hugged him back. It wasn't a boyfriend-girlfriend hug, it was a brother-sister hug. Because that's what they were, a brother and a sister that would be separated for maybe a few years. Then Max started to leave Audrey, heading back to Melemele Island. Audrey turned to the people at the table. Her seriousness took over. "Are you two going to Keleawe Island too?"

People. People people people PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE!!

Niko had some trouble sitting still as two people approached him in the center - well, three, but he assumed from a previous conversation between two of the three that one of them was not going. "U-uh... yes, I will be g-going to Keleawe Island..." Niko stuttered quietly in response to a question asked by one of the people.

On top of the question that he answered, Niko was asked to battle. Niko was indifferent when it came to battling, but Aina didn't like it too much. She shook her head in protest against the idea of battling, then waved to the other Pokemon. They were Pokemon that, luckily, Niko and Aina recognized: Rockruff, Wimpod, and Sandygast. Easy.

What wasn't as easy was speaking to these newcomers. C'mon, Niko, you can do this! You'll have to do SOMETHING when you're on that boat to Keleawe, and if it's not talking to someone, then what the heck would it be?! He thought to himself, looking to Aina as if she carried the magical solution. The Oricorio's sole response was to pat him on the forehead and sit back down. "Gee, thanks..." Niko sarcastically mumbled under his breath. In response to this, Aina flopped onto his chest and smile up at him, causing him to smile right back down.

Aina, you are a savior, no doubt!

Kathleen walked into the pokecenter to buy somthings as she noticed a group of trainers. She didnt bother truing to talk to them, since she only had one goal being here. Her skiddo, hunter, was right behind her as she brought her supplies. "Do?" Hunder said noticing that kathleen had bought a few pokeballs. "Do try to be jelus" Kathleen said patting her pokemons head.

Kayla was nervous. It was her first time she had to do a task with mostly teamwork, and that was a real pain for her. She was too shy to meet new people, and she had felt that, because of her parents dying. It is a very big story, she wouldn't tell anybody, even people he knows. She trusts about almost no one to tell that. She had told her pokemon, but she told them not to tell any other pokemon.

She saw some trainers from the distance, it seemed like they were the ones she would probably work with. With her past scaring her every minutes, she has been very scared. Kayla arrived at the group, but she didn't want anyone to notice her.

Before Gao could get off the ship, Torch had leaped off of his trainer's lap and the proceeded to run off the ship. Gao chased after the Litten, his Mightyena necklace bounced up and down as he ran. Before Gao could call Torch back, the Litten had proceeded to leap into the lap of a trainer with an Oricorio, Pa'u Style. Torch gently pawed at the bird curiously, then turned his attention to the bird Pokémon's trainer. The Litten sniffed the trainer curiously. Gao ran up to the small group. "What am I going to do with you?" he asked Torch. "Litten." Torch replied, and shrugged in response. Gao then turned to the trainer. "Sorry about that. He loves attention, so he acts odd on occasion." Gao said to the trainer that Torch was in the lap of.

Audrey looked at the other Trainers. Well, we're heading off to a deserted island together. At least they don't look completely incompetent, she thought. Blizzard saw the Litten and decided she wanted to play. Jeremy padded over to Audrey and barked. Audrey looked down at the puppy Pokemon. "Hey, buddy," She said, "You excited?" All Jeremy did was shrug, as if to say, "We're going to a seemingly deserted island where there are no known human beings. Not all that terrible."

Okay, okay, more people are here, no need to pan- WHAT THE?!

Niko flinched as a Litten suddenly leaped onto his lap, pawing gently at Aina. Aina calmly responded by patting the Litten on the head but jumped at the sound of a bark. She landed on top of Niko's head. "Ow, hey, get down from there!" Niko whispered to her, trying not to move so he didn't agitate the cat on his lap.

Aina refused, instead choosing to take refuge on top of his head, her purple crystal necklace dangling down onto Niko's hair. With an agitated sigh, Niko looked to the Litten's trainer who apologized for the Litten's actions. "I-it's fine, really. J-just startled me..." he said quietly, slowly going from looking directly at the person to looking down at his lap.

Just how many people are going on this voyage?! Kukui, you didn't tell me about this!!

Torch turned to glare at the source of the bark that had startled Aina. Gao laughed at the Litten. Torch glared at Gao and calmly leaped onto the ground. He padded over to his trainer. Gao grinned at the cat Pokémon. "He'll do just about anything for a treat. Watch this." Gao said. He placed a small treat on his thumb, then proceeded to flick it into the air. Torch leaped into the air, flipped, then caught the treat in midair. He landed then happily munched on the treat. Gao looked down at Torch. "You end up causing some of the weirdest situations, you know that?" he said to the Litten. Torch ignored him and continued to munch on the treat.

Jeffery quietly walked into the pokèmon centre. He gazed around and instantly shuddered when he saw a group of people. Cloud, Jeff's Shiny Alolan Vulpix stood proudly on Jeff's right. On his other side, Fang the Rockruff with a red nylon collar around his neck was ready to take off at any moment. "G-Guys, just stay close now...there's many people here..." Jeff muttered to the two pokèmon, who obediently nodded. Jeff walked to another table, very far away from the other one with people and sat down. He lifted Cloud onto his lap and gently ran his fingers though her fluffy fur.

Fang sat down next to the chair that Jeff was sitting in and noticed a Litten- eating a treat. Fang slowly stood up and made his way to the Litten, soon coming to stop in front of the cat pokèmon. He knew that Jeff was too occupied with Cloud's silky, cloudy fur like he usually is when he's nervous.

Kathleen watched as more and more people joined the group. She saw many pokemon and trainers gathering around. "Wow thats alot of trainer to send to one island" She mutted as hunter nodded his head. Kathleen put her hands above her head and headed to a nearby table, not noticing the lone trainer on the table next to her. "The boat doesnt get her untile nightfall so we'll have to wait a while" She explained as hunter opened her bag and brout out a book. "Skid-do!" Hunter exclaimed setting the book on the table. It was a book about different plants that are native to this region. Kathleen smiled at the pokemon and she opened the book from the pokemon, along with her, to read.

Jeff jumped back in surprise when a trainer came to sit next him. His face instantly turned red, witch usually happens when he's nervous. Jeff looked down at his lap, witch was occupied by Cloud.

The purple tinted Vulpix sat up with an unamused look at the new trainer. She sent a warning growl at her, trying to tell her to leave the table.

Torch finished his treat and then cocked his head at the sight of the Rockruff. "Litten?" he said in a confused tone. Gao looked down at the dog Pokémon. He sighed. "I don't suppose you would like one too?" he asked the Rockruff.

Fang gazed up at the trainer and shook his head. "Ruff!" He barked happily, tail wagging. He looked back at the Litten, then at Jeff. Fang's tail instantly stopped and he tilted his head to the side. He realised that a trainer came to sit next to him and he got nervous. Fang frowned as he heard Cloud's loud growling from where he was standing.

While watching everything go down in the Center, Aina's stomach growled, prompting Niko's stomach to do the same. "Oh, you're hungry? I've got something, hold on," he said quietly up to the Oricorio on his head.

Sifting through his bag for a little bit provided Niko with some things he had forgotten that he even took: Razz Berries, several different colors of PokeBeans, and a few bags of homemade banana chips. He grabbed a yellow PokeBean and held it out to Aina. She refused it, so he instead put it on the table and reached for a different item. This time, he grabbed a red PokeBean, which Aina happily accepted. Niko grabbed some banana chips for himself and munched on a few quietly, still watching the Litten despite it no longer being on his lap. "I wonder what the new island looks like..." he mumbled absent-mindedly to nobody in particular.

Entering in the group discouraged, Kayla decided to try to avoid her shyness with other trainers. She fed Cherry and Yellow some delicious vanilla cherry pokepuffs. She baked them ever since she was a kid, and she fed her mother's and father's pokemon. They liked her family famous vanilla cherry pokepuffs. Kayla had a backpack on her back, consisting of notes, some tools, gloves, and a waterbottle. Kayla was able to carry all of those.

Kathleen looked at the growling pokemon. Hunter had hid herself behind his trainer. "You guys have a problem with me being here?" Kathleen asked curius about the hostil pokemon. Personality, The trainer had felt that the shy trainer would just stay shy as they ,she guessed he was going on the boat, waited for the boat.

Jeff shook his head timidly and gently started petting the growling Vulpix, making her growling die down. Jeff's face glowed a brighter red and he shifted away from the trainer a bit. It wasn't because of the trainer being a girl, it was because he was nervous.

Reading her trainer like a book, Cloud jumped up onto the table and leaned forward to sniff the intruding trainer. "Vul...." She muttered, backing off slightly and jumping back onto Jeff's lap. She curled up there and closed her eyes, allowing the shy boy to pet her, just like she loves.

Fang's ears pressed down and he whimpered. "Ruff?" He questioned, staring intently at Cloud. All he got in response was a flick of Cloud's ear. Fang turned to the boy who was eating banana chips and leaped onto his lap. The pup, out of the three- Jeff, Cloud and himself, was the most social and more likely to make friends.

Audrey smiled, seeing that the Pokemon and Trainers were at least starting to mingle. She looked at Blizzard, who was gazing around wonderingly and probably wondering which Pokemon to introduce herself to first. Jeremy was looking at the other Pokemon too, but he didn't seem to share Blizzard's enthusiasm. Rather, he looked like he wanted to battle one of them. Audrey picked up the Rockruff. He huffed, embarrassed, but didn't try to get out of her arms. Audrey looked around at the table. "Well, if we're going on a just discovered island, we'd better be prepared, right? I'm going to go into town and try to find some stuff. Survival gear, I guess. Anyone else coming?" She finished her statement with a question.

Stan woke up from his dream. "ME!" he yelled excited to be a founder of a new island. He grabbed Burly who was running around the Pokemon Center scared off everyone, and the purple bucket full of sand. "So where to first?" Stan asked. "Maybe we can battle to see who picks where we go first!"

Kathleen saw the trainer shake his head and turn a bit red. She just assumed that she was fine as the vulpix jumped onto the table and sniffed her. Hunter let out an anowed growel before the vulpix jumped back to his trainer lap. Kathleen ignored the pokemon and looked up to the trainer speaking. "I know a shop in town for that gear. I can show you if you like." She called to the trainer.

Yet again, Jeff jumped slightly in surprise and shook his head quickly. He had startled Cloud, who proceeded to leap back onto the table with an irritated huff. Jeff looked up at Cloud with an unreadable expression. "Sorry...." He muttered to her, getting a nod in response.

Audrey looked over at the teenaged girl with brown hair. "Sure, let's go," She said. Blizzard looked over at the Trainer and Vulpix. It jumped up on the table and greeted the other Pokemon with a friendly bark. Jeremy stayed by Audrey's feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Startled by the new pokèmon, Jeff almost fell straight off his chair. He smiled slightly once he realised that it was another Alolan Vulpix but this one wasn't a shiny like how Cloud was. Jeff titled his head to the side slightly, ready to see what happens.

Cloud tilted her head at the sight of the Vulpix. Deciding that it was fine, since Jeff wasn't trying to cling onto her, she barked in greeting as well. The bark, being so loud, bounced off the walls like it would in a cave, making Cloud, Jeff and even Fang cringe.

Audrey looked at the store. "I dunno. Climbing gear maybe. A backpack, a water bottle, matches, just stuff to survive in general."

Some of the people left to go get supplies. While that sounded like a good idea and all to Niko, he didn't move. Not only would Aina not let him get up, but he didn't want to actively join other people. Again, socialization was not an area of expertise for Niko. After sitting still for a few moments, he slowly rose to his feet. Aina grabbed onto his head and chirped in protest, but eventually got used to the new height. The two stretched and yawned in unison, then both began laughing. "Hey, I thought I said not to do stuff at the same time as me," Niko jested, poking Aina's beak.

It was getting later and later by the second, but night had yet to fall. The sea salt smell of Seafolk Village still filled the air, and Niko and Aina had gotten used to it. Niko decided to sit at the docks, staring at the water. Once they arrived at the edge, Aina hopped off of Niko's head and sat next to him, one hand on his arm. With a smile on his face, he let his attention become absorbed by the water's soft glow in the sunlight, anxiously awaiting it's moonlit glow to come later.

Fang followed the boy and his Oricoro to the docks, not realising that Jeff noticed him and followed him too. Fang stood beside the male trainer and brushed up against his leg, staring at the water as if he was mesmerised.

Jeff walked up beside the boy quietly and stared at the water, feeling a bit more relaxed now. The Aura of the boy beside him was calming from reason. Cloud sat down on Jeff's foot and stared at the water with an expression that she normally doesn't have.

Kathleen nodded thinking about the thinks she had in her own bag. "I am going to look around as well. I think I have evrything but there is no harm in looking" She replied as she opened the door and went in. The store wasnt really crowded as they went in. Hunter motioned Kathleen to the lanterns. "We dont need those" Kathleen replied as hunter let a sad grunt. She headed over to the climbing gear. Kathleen already had everything she needed here but the trainer still liked looking at it.

"Alright, let's get some of this...and that...that could come in handy," Audrey was looking all over the store. She wanted to make sure that the 'team' was prepared. She got flashlights and matches, a sleeping bag and a tent, and a few coolers so food wouldn't spoil.

Niko noticed someone sitting beside him, but thanks to the calm aura given off by the water, he didn't make any attempts to move. "Hi there... I-I'm Nikolao... you can c-call me... Niko," he said, not looking away from the water, "and my partner here i-is Aina..."

While on the outside, aside from his stuttering, he seemed calm, his mind was far from it.

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH, OKAY, OKAY okay, calm... NOPE, CAN'T, AHHH. Just chill for a sec, I can do this, don't do anything stupid, don't do anything stupid, OMIGOSH AM I DOING SOMETHING STUPID?!

While Niko's mind was in turmoil, Aina was preoccupied with the new Pokemon that had arrived. With the trainer came his Rockruff and Vulpix, two possible new friends. Aina waved to them and smiled with closed eyes, chirping happily as if to say "hello." She still had one hand on Niko's arm, just to help calm him down a little bit.

"S-so, uh..." Niko said, his voice slowly losing volume as time passed, "w-what's your name?"

Jeff stared silently at Niko, his cheeks tinted pink.

'Is he shy like me?'

Jeff smiled shyly "I-I'm Jeff a-and...t-t-this i-is my p-pokemon, C-Cloud a-a-and F-Fang" He stuttered softly, catching Cloud and even Fang off guard. They stared at Jeff with a 'you talked to someone' expression then turned to Aina and waved back.

Into the Pokemon Center strolled a blue-haired girl, a small Pokemon sitting on her shoulders, scarf blowing behind his head. Neither cared much about the time it took them to arrive, and they thought nothing of it, especially when they noticed that there was nothing to worry about, anyway. Up to the young creature, the girl looked, a hint of a smile on her face. "You really do need to calm down a bit, Albus..." she murmured, rolling her eyes as the Cubone basked in the thought of going off to a new place.

"Bone bone! Cubone!" retorted the Ground-type, huffing, folding his arms over his chest and looking away from his Trainer like he was a disobedient four-year-old.

"Aaand you're down. Stay close," said Harper Gibbs to her partner as she placed his short form onto the floor of the Center, noticing some people buying things at the shop and others merely lounging around. "Go sit down while I grab some stuff for the trip, alright?" Leaving her Cubone by himself for a short while, the tall-ish girl walked over to the shop, picking some items off the shelves, which included Potions, a couple Revives, since she knew there would be no Center on the island, one Escape Rope, just incase, and some basic camping supplies. As she waited in line to pay, Harper couldn't help but wonder if the people around her were also going on the trip. Turning to a girl wearing a gold necklace, she tapped her shoulder gently. "Hi there," she started, smiling lightly. "You wouldn't happen to be going to that new island too, hm?"

Meanwhile, Albus had wandered over to the two teens that talked quietly and a bit awkwardly to each other, head tilted in wonder. Spotting a shiny made him do a quick double-take, but after only a short while, he started bouncing on his feet, fists raised in front of him. Growling lowly, he seemed to be challenging the Alolan Vulpix to a battle, and Harper had no idea. "Booone! Cu!" he said, jabbing at the air a few times, brow(?) furrowed in concentration.

Oh my gosh, he's like me! Thank Arceus, I've found someone like me!

"W-well, Jeff, i-it's nice to meet you..." Niko stuttered softly, finally turning around to see Jeff's appearance.

He timidly extended a hand for a handshake, though it didn't exactly reach him. Aina had to intervene, grabbing his hand and pulling it towards Jeff by force. Niko knew she meant well, but it was still pretty annoying. He used his other hand to signal for Aina to move closer to him, and she did. Once she was close enough, he whispered to her. "Don't do that, you'll make me seem even more awkward!"

Aina smiled apologetically before poking Niko on the forehead and returning to his side, leaning on him lazily. Niko sighed, but continued to have his hand held out. A smile finally curved its way onto Niko's face as he looked at Jeff. "S-so... are you going to the island as well?" Niko asked, stuttering a bit less.