• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Infinity: Trial of Heroes - Part I - Not Just A Tournament

Discussion Thread
Possible Major Antagonist by @Captain Cardboard
Participants so far: @Captain Cardboard, @|Bread|

Infinity: Trial of Heroes
Part 1 of 5

A 15-year-old is not expected to be an edgy street fighter, right? Tell the Traditional Rushdown teenager Dean.

Enter: "Dean"

Dean's friends had died years ago, when he was only 8. This unlocked his powers. His powers that enable him to create energy and use it in a powerful punch, blast or even a full-on explosion. Now, he had found out about a tournament run by Heihachi Mishima. Dean scoffed. "Classic Mishima," he said, "When will he learn I know this is-?" He was cut off by someone screaming in pain. He laughed a little. "Kazue," he yelled, "You at it again?"

Enter: Kazue

A man wearing a mask concealing his head, now beaten up, ran out of an alley, followed seconds later by Kazue, who spotted Dean and walked up to him. "Big day tomorrow," he said, "Your chance to finally beat Heihachi." Dean sighed. "I actually think he's being genuine for once," he remarked, "Olif, Emy and Zag are probably in the tournament anyway, and I've signed up too." Kazue sighed. He thought - no, he knew - that this was not just a tournament. "For a Rhythm Dynamic," Dean noted, "You're kinda restricting yourself." Kazue froze. Then he jumped up to the top of the nearest building. "Let's hope Raitech don't come for either one of us," he said, "And let's also hope Bars doesn't hear that."

Meanwhile, in the barracks, there were 3 other people who were enlisted in the tournament; Olif, Emy and Zagreus. Strangely, they were all asleep.

Enter: Olif
Enter: Emy
Enter: Zagreus

When Olif woke up, he felt something was wrong. He yawned and walked out the door. Emy, who woke up to the sound of Olif's yawn, followed close behind. Zagreus woke up, and ran out the door, a few seconds later. Olif sighed. "I know you're there," he sighed. Emy laughed. Zagreus scoffed. "Saw that coming," Emy remarked, "I wouldn't have realized you were with me." Zagreus sighed. "Kids," he said quietly, "Why am I with kids?" Olif glared at Zagreus. "I heard that!" he shouted.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
{ Enter. Barbie "Bars" Jamison }

Barbie had been riding her shiny black colored motorcycle around, her blonde hair whipping back by the wind as she zoomed past cars. Music blasted from the bluetooth radio hooked up to the leather seat. She stopped at a red-light and revved the engine when she spotted two children staring through the tinted window of the SUV next to her. The two children smiled and turned towards their parents. The father, it appeared, looked at Barbie and she gave a lusty grin as she sped off when it ticked green.

___

She pulled into a parking spot. A tanned yet older looking parking meter stood at the front of the cracked sidewalk. "Come on." She sighed and tapped her many pockets looking for some change. "My my my." Barbie gave a Playful frown and jumped off from the bike and walked past without putting any money into it. She saw many people gasp at what she had done but she just threw her head back and walked into the tall building.

Dean watched as someone, a female, riding a motorcycle pull into a parking spot and not put any money in the parking meter. Eventually, he recognized them and scoffed. "Typical Bars," he frowned. He pulled out a smoke grenade and rolled it towards the building. "I don't recognize this place," he said, "Could be... the tournament building...!" He finally realized it. He dashed into the building, clearing the smoke. The other four should be here soon, he thought. Olif, Emy, Zagreus and Kazue were nearly there, walking slowly. "We're nearly there," Kazue said, "Don't ask."

In a warehouse, not too far away...

Dr. Arlo Delta was not your typical scientist. Many hired by Raitech were never seen leaving the lab, hard at work attempting their next breakthrough that would earn their promotion or a name in the company. Dr. Delta had a different approach, focusing on honing his body as well as his mind. In a room set up on the second floor, he practiced the techniques of his homemade martial art. He easily ducked under the attack of his opponent, striking them in the side twice. Both strikes were more taps then they were powerful strikes, but the opponent recoiled anyway. Lights on the training simulator lit up to show that he had successfully struck his opponent's pressure points. He continued the exercise, dodging back, ducking attacks, pushing off the walls when he got to close, and slowly chipping away at the training simulator.

A knock interrupted his training. The training simulator went limp. Dr. Delta took a moment to himself, regaining his breath. He tapped his glasses, dismissing the virtual porition of his augmented reality training simulator.
"Um... Dr. Delta?" A scientist stuck his head through the door, making sure everything was okay. Dr. Delta adjusted his glasses, looking over to the scientist. His employee tag read 'Zander'. "Subject-7777 has an ETA of 5 minutes."

~~~~~~~~~

After a quick shower, Dr. Delta threw on his lab coat and followed Zander down the stairs to the first floor. A large truck with the Raitech logo was let in. The entire first floor of the warehouse, empty and abandoned only a few weeks ago, had been quickly converted into a temporary laboratory. Walls and decontamination chambers had been erected. Now, scientists and security guards armed to the teeth scurried to and fro throughout the facility.

A truck with Raitech emblazoned on the side backed into the loading dock. The garage doors closed, obscuring the view from the outside world. Dr. Delta watched as a large plexiglass tube was wheeled out from the vehicle. Inside, emersed in a strange liquid and equipped with a breathing glass, lay one of his own creations.

Subject-7777.

"Any troubles with transportation?" Dr. Delta asked. The driver shook his head.
"Nope, nothing to report. Just traffic." The driver said. Dr. Delta nodded to Zander.
"Prep Subject-7777 for the field." Dr. Delta commanded.

==============

Goomba #372 walked down the street, grumbling to himself. Floating in front of him, somehow, was the letter with instructions for the tournament. If the Goomba had hands, he would be scratching his head.
"Make your way to the tournament arena before the tournament starts. But they don't even give an address! How am I supposed to even find this freakin' place? Where am I even supposed to go, Heihachi Mishima's house? They expected me to kick down his door?" The Goomba grumbled to himself.

The sound of a motor caused the Goomba to look up from his map, and he watched as a biker woman pulled up, parked her bike... and didn't pay! Gasp! Many people around stared in shock and horror, but the Goomba just chuckled to himself.
"Ah yes. True villiany. Quite refreshing." He said. The Goomba continued walking on, and was just about to pass the building when something clinked to the ground next to him. Then smoke, everywhere! Coughing heavily, it cleared and he watched as a teenage human kid quickly ran by.
"Hey! What are you, crazy?!" The Goomba yelled at Dean.

Last edited:
As some... Goomba, out of all things... yelled at him, Dean turned around. Then he sighed. "Out of all things you could insult me with, you chose that stupid line?" he said. He walked up to the entry booth afterwards, paying no attention to the Goomba. "Am I still on the list?" he asked. The man at the booth picked up a Data card and nodded. Dean sighed. "Thank goodness," he sighed. He then began to hear something. His left eye glowed purple, then back to blue. "Let's hope that wasn't a bad omen," he remarked. The man at the booth raised an eyebrow, staring at him. "Hope what wasn't a bad omen?" he said, "I don't know what you're talking about, Dean." Dean sighed. "Probably just hearing things.

Outside the building, Kazue, Olif, Emy and Zagreus had finally made it. "Dean will eventually find out something's up," Kazue sighed. Olif suddenly felt a strange pull on his back and, knowing it wasn't friendly, retaliated by picking up a piece of the ground and slamming it onto 2 mysterious soldiers in front of an equally mysterious figure. Dean heard it all from the building and rushed out. He jumped in front of the group and prepared for battle. "What's going on?!" Dean snapped at the mysterious figure, "Tell me or else!" The mysterious figure just stood there. Dean scoffed. "Fine," he said. A crowd formed around the scene, even the employees watching intently.

The Goomba stared after Dean skeptically, then looked around to see if others had seen the teen's response.
"Did someone lose their kid around here or something?" The Goomba asked. He watched as Dean entered into the building, the same one the biker woman had entered. The Goomba took a moment to actually look at this place. It was a large building, looking like it almost had an... arena inside. The Goomba double checked the letter. Maybe this was the place they were talking about.

Before the Goomba had a chance to enter into the building, there was a loud clatter. Looking over, it seemed like there was some sort of fighting breaking out? A masked man had picked up a chunk of earth and slammed it into a trio of people that the Goomba couldn't quite make out.
"What the- WAUGH!" The Goomba was nearly bowled over as the same teen he had just talked to rushed out of the building, running past the Goomba and confronting the mysterious trios. The Goomba was more confused as to how the figures had recovered so quickly after being beat over the head with a large chunk of earth so quickly. The crowd around the confrontation made it difficult for the Goomba to see who all exactly was involved.
"You crazy... oh, whatever." The Goomba grumbled. With some effort, he managed to push the door to the building open and walk inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A black car approached the tournament building. Inside, Dr. Delta sat in the backseat. Next to him, the girl known only as Subject-7777 sat. She had been readied by the mobile science crew, dressed in her gear and cleared to be healthy and functional. She stared ahead, her eyes focusing on something faraway. They quickly focused as the car came to a stop.
"What's the holdup? We still have a way to go to get to parking." Dr. Delta said.
"I don't know, Doc. Some sort of commosion happening outside the building." The driver said.
"Hmm... Pull up closer, I want to see this." Dr. Delta said.

Dr. Delta rolled down the window of the car as they pulled closer to the commotion that was happening outside with Dean. Dr. Delta watched with interest, adjusting his glasses.

Dean looked back at the massive crowd. Then he noticed a black car. He wasn't sure, but he thought it had the Raitech logo on it. Then he saw Arlo Delta. Kazue snapped him out of it. "No time!" he said, "We gotta fight!" Dean looked right back at the shady fighter. Olif sighed, but then he noticed something on his face. "Why is there a mask on my face?" he said to himself, taking the mask off and throwing it away. Zagreus sighed. "You know, you could've thrown it at them," Emy noted. Olif froze in surprise. Emy had a point. Dean sighed. "You know what?" he sighed, "I think Joe has the upper hand." Everyone knew what he was trying to say except the mystery assailants. "What do you mean by 'Joe'?" the fighter asked. A member of the crowd spoke up. "JOE MAMA, DUMBASS!!" they shouted. Dean smirked as the crowd started laughing. "Get roasted," he said.