• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

INSANE CALCULATION TOURNAMENT - Battle Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
InsaneCalculation_zps8fdc70ae.jpg

This topic is for all the matchups for the Insane Calculation tournament, hence the name. All matchups will be posted and constantly updated here, so if you are competing be sure to keep an eye on this topic. Message your opponents and plan a time and date for your battles between yourselves.

First things first, the tournament will be a straight elimination tournament, but the first round will have a twist to it. Every player that loses their first round match is not out of the tournament; instead, they'll be placed into a "Last Chance" mini-bracket where they will have one more match against another player who lost their first round match. Every player that wins their Last Chance match will be back in the running and will return in the second round of the tournament, while losing your Last Chance match will obviously result in your elimination.

Here are the first round matchups:

Dinova vs Lucario of the North
Demelza
vs Kanarichan
Linkachu vs Gliscario39
Shocari vs Ruko
Teapot
vs Psycho Monkey

LAST CHANCE BRACKET

-BYE- vs Gliscario39
Ruko vs Teapot
Lucario of the North vs -BYE-

ROUND 2

Shocari vs Lucario of the North
Psycho Monkey vs Gliscario39
Dinova vs Linkachu

SEMI-FINAL

Psycho Monkey vs Dinova
Shocari
vs -BYE-

FINAL

Dinova vs Shocari

PLAYOFF BATTLE

Shocari vs Psycho_Monkey

Champion: Dinova
2nd Place: Shocari
3rd Place: Psycho_Monkey
For the record, each individual matchup in the first round bracket has already been randomized and placed into each respective Last Chance slot, but you won't know which slot is which until they are filled. Since there are 10 competitors, this means one losing player is guaranteed a slot in Round 2 anyway, but you play the cards you're dealt. Three of our losing players will return in Round 2 and it's straight knockouts from there on in.

The rules for battling are as follows:

- Each match must be done via 3DS Wi-Fi - no exceptions.
- Each match is Best 2 out of 3, so you'll need to beat your opponent twice to proceed.
- All matches are 3 vs 3 singles.
- Make sure you choose the Lv.100 All or whatever the equivalent option is to bring every Pokemon's level to 100, You'll know what it is.

Several other things of note:

- Do NOT post any information about any other player's team anywhere on the forums or via PM to anyone else - this includes posting battle replay videos. You risk being disqualified if you do this. If you wish to post some battle videos of your matches, post the video codes to me via PM, and I can then put them up once the tournament is over.

- Once you've finished a matchup and a winner is decided, both players are to post the match result in this topic. The bracket won't be updated until both players have done this in order to prevent any disputes regarding results.

Players have until April 9th to finish their first round matches, and any players in the Last Chance brackets have until April 16th to finish their matches. If any matchups are not finished by the deadlines, the least active player in the matchup will be disqualified. If both players are inactive, both will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, PM them to me. Don't post them in this topic since it'll create clutter.

Best of luck to everyone competing!

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Tell him he needs to post in the topic to confirm that and that he's not out of the competition quite yet if he's not already aware.

Me and Linkachu will battle on the 5th.

Edit by Linkachu: We changed it to the 8th. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
With the exception of @Demelza and @kanarichan , everyone has managed to at least contact me regarding their matches, so we're effectively just waiting on them now.

EDIT: Forgot about @Teapot and @Psycho Monkey , they need to sort their shit out too.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Due to Demelza, Teapot and Ruko dropping out and Kanarichan not responding to the PM pointing her to this topic, they are all out of the tournament. You can see how the loser's brackets would have panned out, but because of the dropouts everyone who actually lost is now still in the tournament. Funny how life works sometimes, isn't it?

So @Gliscario39 and @Lucario of the North are still in with a chance to win the whole thing. Everyone has until April 24th to finish their second round matches, which are now fully updated for you.

Last edited:
In round three, there's going to be thre remaining people. Does that mean that someone gets a bye in to round 4 while the other two fight?

I'm just now seeing this update- because I just figured the whole thing was forgotten since I wasn't getting any replies from anyone, nor any mentions/updates. Either way, best of luck to everyone else.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I find that very hard to believe considering:

doh_zps31487914.png

This message was sent out to everyone listed, including yourself as shown, yet somehow everyone except you received it. Also, since you were tagged in one of my posts in this topic about 2 weeks after this was sent out, you somehow didn't get that either.

Also, it wouldn't have taken 5 minutes to either PM me asking what was going on or check the Organized Play board to see for yourself what was going on. You clearly didn't try very hard - if at all - to search for any updates yourself or contact anyone to see what was going on.

Two other things to note: If you're not 100% sure you wish to compete, note that signing up and then dropping out without a good reason will result in you being unable to participate in future tournaments and may net you an official forum warning for good measure. Also, anyone simply saying "this sounds interesting" in this thread or anything that isn't a question or a sign-up will get warned for SPAM.

Them's the rules.

I got that message and checked this board, but never got any updates from the mention on this board, nor a reply from my first opponent during the tournament.
Not to mention I could have sworn this tournament was supposed to start earlier than it did so I had became more focused on other things while still battling with that team.
I was just waiting for a message back and would only check to see if I had that then had to get off.

If I'm banned from future tournaments, go ahead and tell me now so I'm aware.
I didn't want my message to turn into an argument, just stating what was going on, and wishing everyone else luck.
I'll use the pokemon trained for this for something else instead.

Attachments

• !!PokecharmsSCinbox.png
    !!PokecharmsSCinbox.png
    589.4 KB · Views: 52

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If you received that message then you should have at least posted in this topic saying your opponent didn't reply to your message, that way I would have at least known you were active. Everyone else managed to keep me up to date except you, and that's on you and you alone.

You are banned from future tournaments.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Thank you for finishing that round up quick guys.

April 25th is the deadline for the semi-final. Also for all semi-finalists, prizes have been assigned. Everyone is entitled to any prize they want, but the winner will get first pick, second place second pick and so on, and since I only have one of each prize Pokemon you might not be able to get the one you really want if you don't win. All prize Pokemon are at least Lv.50 and fully EV trained. If Shocari isn't the winner of the tournament, he will face the other player who didn't win in a battle to decide 2nd and 3rd place.

Here's the list of possible prizes:

Jolly Lucario with Crunch, Inner Focus and max Attack/Speed EVs
Calm Togekiss with Encore, Serene Grace and max HP + split defense EVs (Dinova)
Modest Glaceon with Snow Cloak and max HP/Sp.Atk EVs
Modest Blastoise with Fake Out and Dragon Pulse, Torrent and max HP/Sp.Atk EVs (Psycho Monkey)
Adamant Eelektross with Ion Deluge and max HP/Attack EVs (Shocari)

Bold Cofagrigus with Trick Room and max HP + split defense EVs

Best of luck to all semi-finalists.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Awesome, now it's up to Dinova and Shocari to get their match done ASAP so prizes can be distributed.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Then Shocari and Psycho_Monkey will have to battle in a playoff to decide 2nd and 3rd place.

Congratulations to Dinova who is our Insane Calculation Champion, and gets first pick of the prizes.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Eh why not, I've got shit-all else to use that stuff for. Once Sho and P_M have battled and chosen their prizes, take your pick.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay! The person who beat me took it all home. Congrats, Dinova! And thanks to everyone else for taking part. :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Congratulations Sho, the two of you may now choose your prizes. Sho gets first pick now that Dinova has already chosen a prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.