• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

INSANE CALCULATION TOURNAMENT!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I briefly mentioned this one in chat, but this is the planned idea for the first Gen VI tournament on 'Charms.

The rules are similar to the Alphabet Soup tournament held back in Gen IV but, hence the name, a fair bit more complicated. It's 3vs3 singles again, mainly so that people don't have to breed and train too many Pokemon right away, and instead of just letters, you'll be receiving three separate characteristics for each individual Pokemon in your team, for example:

Pokemon 1 must be a Grass-type. Dual-typed Pokemon do count as long as one of their types is Grass-type.
Pokemon 2 must not be blue in colour. If the Pokemon's shiny colouration is not blue but the regular form is blue, only the shiny form can be used and vice versa.
Pokemon 3's species name must contain more than five letters.

As well as many other characteristics chosen at random. Standard singles clauses will apply (OHKO, Evasion, Sleep etc.) and Uber legendaries (Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal etc.) will be banned from use as expected. Two questions are left to ask you all:

1. Most obviously, are you interested in this tournament idea and will you be able to compete in it if it goes live?
2. Would you prefer this took place before or after Pokemon Bank's global re-release?

Discuss

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
  1. I am interested and able to compete.
  2. Not overly bothered, but after would be best. Don't delay the tournament too long waiting for it, though :p

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm interested and should be able to participate. As everyone else has mutually agreed too, after PokeBank is available is the best option so long as it's out in a timely manner.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Definitely interested in this one! Alike the others I think after Pokébank's release would be best, but only if it turns up in a timely fashion. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since the general consensus is that this idea is a good one to take place after Bank's release, I'll be giving until the end of the month for Bank to return before going on ahead with this tournament.

Thoughts on that?

Seems pretty reasonable for me. Should give me plenty of time to get 4-5 perfect IV 'mons ready for most of the Egg groups.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
By all means. It has already been rereleased in Japan so hopefully that means it will be making its way west sometime this month.