• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Interstellar - A Pokémon Story

Riku Kasai - Lilycove City, Hoenn. February 17th.

A Few Minutes Earlier...

Riku Kasai looked at the back of the huge mansion. "Okay, nobody's here." He said. "Nobody's around, they won't see us." He stared into a red and white Poke Ball. "If I just break this glass window here..." He pointed towards a small one to the side, which was presumably where some kind of large bathroom was. Suddenly, a stream of energy appeared from another Poke Ball in his pocket. Instantly, a hovering spherical purple Pokemon covered in bumps with a skull and crossbones in the front and a sinister grin stared at Riku.

"Koffing?!" He muttered. "You're not supposed to be here, i.."

"Koff, Koff!" Koffing exclaimed. Living up to the name, it made a sound that could only be interpreted as a cough. It quickly hurried over to the back of the large glass panes of the conservatory. It nudged them.

Riku shook his head. "Wait a sec...no, don't!" But it was too late. Koffing closed his eyes and squeezed his body, as the air contracted around him. Suddenly, he opened his eyes and a huge burst of gases, some more deadlier than others, were released into the air from the pourous holes on his body. The concentration of gases mixed, as Riku covered his mouth, knowing some were not for human uptake. The gases mixing instantly created an explosion effect with the air as there was a popping sound before a huge BOOM!!!

What Koffing had tried to do was easy to see. The large glass panel that convered the conservatory instantly shattered, with glass pieces flying everywhere, some causing cuts in Riku's legs and feet. But the explosion was bigger than that. The bricks in the wall around the windows and the door also went flying as Riku ducked for cover. The entire door had also been destroyed. Emerging with bruises and cuts, Riku approached the opening in the back of the mansion. He felt the warmth of the inside of the house mixing with the cold air coming in, a vortex in paradise. He saw the richly painted conservatory room and looked directly into the opening into the room next door. It was then that he saw the young lady that had appeared from nowhere in the enterence to the next room. He stared at her intensely, frozen in place, as he did not know what to do.

Brooke Waterson - Lilycove City, Hoenn. February 17th.

A Few Minutes Later...

Brooke was also frozen, albeit, she had just put her hand on her mouth to conceal her shock. "Intruder! Get away!" She grabbed a kitchen utensil from a nearby table, a small knife, and pointed it at Riku. Koffing came to life again and hovered towards her with a frustrated look on its face as it edged towards her. She tried to jab the Pokemon but missed at every attempt, as the Koffing danced from side to side, pulling a face that looked like it was just playing with her. Brooke dropped the knife and screached as Koffing got closer to her. Koffing pulled another angry face, closed his eyes and prepared to release a deadly gas attack.

"Wait!" A voice called out. Riku emerged from the hole, dashing up to Koffing. "Stop, Koffing, I didn't want any of this." He stated. "First of all, Koffing, stand down. We're not here to kill anyone. I didn't mean to break into your house...at least not this way. I was trying to get through the window."

"You're trying to kill me aren't you?" Brooke asked.

"No, I'm not a murderer. I need a place to stay." Riku tried to reassure her.

"A place to stay?! So you're a creep...why not just break in like you did here?"

"Look, I didn't want to damage your property. Your...house looks like it could house several wanted individuals..."

"Wanted individuals? You're a wanted criminal? That means..." Brooke stared at him. The pair looked at each other. They recognised each other in that single second. "You're that thug from the art musueum that got away...one of the ones that ran away..."

"Yes. You're the twerp in the gallery that was blocking the view of that painting."

Brooke nodded. "I'm no twerp though..." She stared at him again. "So you've come to end the job...just finish me then!"

"No! I didn't want this! Koffing acted strangely and then decided to blow the back of the house off!" Riku defended himself. "I was running from the cops. They got all the other thugs."

"I saw." Brooke replied. "On the TV, they got Mark Shadow and all the others. That means...you must be the only one left. Why shouldn't I turn you in right now? There's noone else at home here, you've picked a good time but not so much so because I'M here! I'm in control now!"

Riku held his hands up. "Look kid, I don't mean no trouble. I got involved in his gang only because he forced me. He manipulated me and told me I had 'great potential' when I was looking at books about older crime gangs. You heard about the Team Rocket incident recently? What about what happened with Team Magma and Team Aqua all those decades ago? I'm interested in that. All the other skinheads were just his pawns, his goons. He raised me like I was his son and then he made me his right hand man, but I didn't want ANY of it! I was going to leave!"

"So you're interested as well? I've been reading about Team Aqua lately and I've decided what I want to do, Riku."

Riku looked at her strangely. "You remember my name?" Surely that meant something. "Is your name Brooke?"

"How did you know?"

"Isn't this the Waterson household? Aren't they like a super rich and famous family in Lilycove?"

"Wow...so you finally noticed the huge mansion with the big statues...and you still decided to break in..."

"I told you, I was planning to go through one of the smaller windows and hide here for a while. After some time, I was going to sneak out again without any trouble, when the police have stopped their search."

"You creep! I was here the whole time! Also, the police stopped their searches a few hours ago."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Three slams on the front. Riku gasped. "Quick, get down!" Brooke cried. As she dashed to the window she was filled with anxiety. That only increased when she glanced through the front window. "It's my dad..." Riku returned his Koffing and did a roll to the left, ducking for cover behind an untarnished grand piano.

Eric Reagan - Unova Pokemon League, Unova, February 17th

Three Days Ago...

The battle against Blair Wildheart didn't go too well for Eric Reagan. At first, he thought he was winning. His titan of a Pokemon, a Golurk, managed to avoid a fiery attack from Blair's Chandelure, leading to Eric's Golurk being able to launch a devastating punching attack at the ghostly chandelier Pokemon before finishing it with a ground type attack that shook the stadium up. The next few Pokemon of Eric's quickly went down to Blair's Beartic, a tall, white polar bear Pokemon that seemed like it was made of steel rather than of ice and snow. It wrestled against Eric's Golurk, taking down with an ice type attack, before successfully fainting three more of Eric's Pokemon causing great frustration. Eric looked confused because he had three Pokemon that resisted Beartic's ice type attacks, but the large bear Pokemon still dealt heavy damage and exhausted them in their various wrestling matches. One final wrestling match occured as Eric sent out his Haxorus, ordering a powerful dragon type claw attack as it slashed the Beartic in the stomach sending it down. Constantly, Blair taunted him, which led to the crowd in the stadium booing him and calling him a fraud. As Beartic fell during the final wrestling game, Haxorus flinched and took a step back, before collapsing on his back.

Eric was now onto his final Pokemon: his big, hairy dog Pokemon from earlier - Stoutland. How had it come to this? The dog gave a joyful bark, unaware that he was about to be the only barrier to Eric being knocked out of the tournament.

"Do you see now why I have chosen to expose him? He hasn't got an ounce of talent! Eric Reagan and the Reagan family have no right to claim the lineage of the King of Unova and they are frauds!" Blair yelled at the top her lungs as the crowd booed Eric, calling him a 'Fraud!' louder than ever. Eric, red in the face put a fist up to Blair before taking a step back himself. Everywhere he looked, now people were laughing at him. He was in the circus, hulucinations of his childhood flahsed before him. Suddenly, a fluffy bat Pokemon with a heart on its snout flew onto the battlefield as Eric came back to his senses and realised where he was.

"Stoutland, we're not done yet!" Eric shouted. "Use take down!" The big dog Pokemon barked before running up to the bat Pokemon. He tried to grab it out of the air but was unable to do so.

Blair immediately responded. "Use Psychic, Swoobat!" The bat Pokemon easily dodged the rogue hound's attack and then tossed it into the air using magical powers. The audience cheered for Blair as Stoutland went flying into an empty row of seats at the front. It emerged and the crowd went silent as it snuck up to Swoobat and attacked it menancingly, as the Swoobat fell to the floor.

"Get up you little..." Blair taunted her Swoobat.

"Crunch, now! Eric ordered. The dog let out a battle cry as it hurried over to the bat Pokemon. It pounced onto it and bit into the bat's body with teeth enfused with darkness. Swoobat opened its eyes as it lifted one of it's wings, which protected itself. The hard black wing was able to absorb most of the attack, as it pushed Stoutland successfully off of it.

Swoobat launched itself into the air, pushing Stoutland to the side with a gale of air. "Psychic again!" Swoobat once more tossed Stoutland into the front row of the stadium. This time, it looked badly injured, with a black eye, as it got up.

"It's not over till it's over. Thunder Fang!" Eric exclaimed. Stoutland attempted to chomp at Swoobat with a fang of pure electricity. However, he missed, coming crashing to the ground as it tried to nip Swoobat. Swoobat flew around the big hulking dog as Blair shouted "Let's finish this! Air slash, now!!!" The Swoobat flapped it's wings as a massive gale of cold wind was created. Swoobat concentrated it quickly and then launched it instantly at Stoutland's back. Stoutland's eyes changed colour as he took the hit, squealing with a puppy-like bark. The crowd gasped but then cheered when the saw the result.

Stoutland had fainted. Eric looked at the corpse of his final Pokemon. He had lost. His Unova Championship League journey was over, as indicated by the announcer seconds later. The world went black and closed in on Eric at that moment. He dropped to the ground, hand in face, as his robes fell off him, revealing a T-Shirt and trousers.

Eric Reagan - Unova Pokemon League, Unova, February 20th, 9:00am

Three Days Later...

It was now three days in the future and much had happened since Eric's grand defeat at the hands of Blair Wildheart. He had been humiliated and embrassed, his family writing letters to say they disowned him! He had entered a deep depression but used observing future battles as a way of reflecting on his actions. Even more embarassingly, Blair, the rival that he had spoken down of all his life, was now achieving greater and greater things. She had managed to beat every participant in the tournament she came across with ease. Only Eric gave her a little challenge. She battled through the Elite Four and now was on to her hardest hurdle: the champion. Seeing a Gengar against her Serperior gave Eric hope. Maybe, the champion would give her lesson. Or maybe he was wrong about her?

Deep in thought, Eric looked across the stadium and the crowd in front of him. He spotted some peculiar folk talking to each other, not focusing on the battle at all. They were speaking about something strange, almost alien to him. One had a walkie talkie. What was that for? Some members of the crowd started to get up and leave from the places. Eric launched himself up, curiousity getting the better of him. He saw some of them leaving the stadium randomly. Other were talking to another person as if they were their boss, getting orders from them. Eric thought it was odd but said nothing. Believing it to be none of his buisness, he ordered a bag of popcorn from a nearby stall, sending out his Escavalier and giving the armoured bug Pokemon some food. The pair of them headed back to Eric's seat where they would watch the rest of the battle. However, as they headed back towards their seats, many people in strange clothing were also heading towards the seats. They suddenly began to run and dashed towards the stadium. A voice echoed "A new era begins" as suddenly the crowd started screaming. The men in the uniform pushed Eric as he gazed upon a scene of chaos: the crowd were evacuating their seats, as strange criminals descended upon the stadium, Pokemon with them, intimidating the crowd, some being hurt by them. The battle in the middle of the stadium had grinded to climatic halt . The stadium shook like an Earthquake as the screams were met by a cloaked man who stood right next to the fabled Champion: their leader perhaps? Eric stared at the hooded man, eyes on him and prepared to make his way down. What was going on here? This can't be good, he thought.

Last edited:
Gertrude and Lykos~Lillycove City, Hoenn. February 20th

Gertrude and Lykos finally arrived in Lillycove City from Fortree City. It was lively as they may have guessed themselves. The Department store, the museum, and the Contest hall was all there like how Gertrude read in one of the books she had read. "Oh my goodness Lykos, we are finally here and I see the places I would like to explore" "Yes, I know sis, where should we go first..." he asked looking at her. She thought for the moment before looking back up at her brother. "Let's go to the contest hall first, I like to show the girls where we will be performing once we are ready" she smiled. "Sounds like a good idea.." he said nodding. She and Lykos headed to the contest hall before walking inside.

Aria Sinclair~Opelucid City, Unova. February 20th

Lufian was walking along the sidewalk looking for a Vending Machine to buy some Fresh Water for his trainer. Before he could find one, another voice called to the Indeedee as he looked up. Apparently, a man behind a convention stand is who called him to get his attention. "Hello there sir Indeedee, you seem to be looking for something maybe I can help!" He offered. Lufain approach the stand as he looked at the items displayed on the table. He sold what mostly humans would buy than the beverages as surprisingly he had the Fresh Water his trainer was asking for. Lufian pointed at the Fresh Water to show the guy what he wanted.

"A Fresh Water sir, of course, 200 Pokedollars please!" He said as Lufain handed the kind gentleman the money his trainer had offered. He took it from his hands before bowing his head as a thank u. "Have a good day sir Indeedee!" Lufian quickly walked back to his trainer, Fresh Water in hand.

Aria sat patiently on the bench, waiting for Lufian to return. She had already put away the book she was reading as Rina rested her head on her lap. Aria felt the psychic power of Lufian nearby as he returned. "Lufian, you back..." she said. "DeeDee!" He responded. Aria reached out to grab the Fresh Water from him before opening it and drinking it herself. "Thank you Lufian..." she said. Lufain bowed his head before sitting on the bench next to her. Aria thought of where to go next from here as that was all on her mind for now.

JC Valentine~Somewhere near the Pokemon League, Unova. February 20th

She still waited patiently, hidden in a tree hoping to catch something. She looked around once more until the air felt suddenly tense. She looked up seeing the Pokémon in the sky acting a bit weird. She looked in the direction they were coming from as this only raised her suspicion. "-Something is not right....I can feel it...stay hidden Blue...-" she said in thought as she felt a slight nudge to ensure she heard her. She moved from tree to tree again as she made herself go a bit closer to the Pokemon League stadium itself.

Alexander Tempest - Jubilife City, Sinnoh. February 20th

The last three days were hectic for the blind trainer and his Pokemon. First, they made it to Sandgem, only to discover that the professor had just been robbed yet still managing to obtain a Pokedex. Then it started pouring rain out of nowhere on his way to Jubilife City, thank Arceus he made it before it got much worse. And now, he is essentially stuck in the Pokemon Center as it was still raining and the sound interfered with his echolocation. "When will this rain end?"

Leona Stark - Motostoke, Galar. February 20th

"What do you guys think, should we try going to another region?" Leona was currently sitting on a bench with her three Pokemon alongside her as she contemplated their next move. Things had been relatively quiet in the Wild Area, as well as Galar as a whole, and Leona decided that she and her Pokemon could use a change of scenery in the form of a completely different region. "I was thinking somewhere warmer, though maybe not Alola. Hmmm."
While she thought about it, Victoria and Sierra rested their chins on her lap while Zeus perched on her shoulder. "Hmm, maybe Paldea? Nah, I don't want to deal with Terastal Pokemon. Kalos? Not warm enough." As Leona listed off different regions, and why she would rather not go there, she decided on one. "I got it! We're going to Hoenn!" Relieved that their trainer made a decision, the three Pokemon celebrated. Little did any of them know what they were getting themselves into.

Xero - Saffron City - February 18th 11 am.

Xero Finally arrived at his destination. After a lot of convincing, his request to interrogate a captured rocket grunt was finally granted. As he walked into the police precinct, he was already met with hostility. Relations between the Kanto police and the International police were tight when it came to the rocket case, so having a request put in to interrogate just strained it further. But there had to be some sort of connection.

“Right this way” the receptionist said begrudgingly.

Xero was lead to a room in the back, where the Kanto Police had already tried interrogating the weakest of the grunts captured. The man looked tired. He probably hadn’t eaten in the 2 days he had been captured, and he was nearly beaten to a pulp.

“No… please.” The man groaned as he saw Xero walking in.

“Don’t worry. I have no intention of torturing as long as you cooperate.” Xero said, flashing the pokeballs he had on his belt.

“Listen, I can’t… I can’t say anything. You can kill me for all I care, Interstellar will do me in worse!” The grunt yelled.

“Interstellar?” Xero questioned.

The grunt jumped. He knew he messed up. He immediately shut his mouth. Xero grabbed the first pokeball and sent out his Fuecoco.

“This is the Pokémon that I was gifted for graduating. The fire croc Pokémon, Fuecoco. Did you know that certain Fuecoco, if trained correctly, can use the move ember up to 40 times? Although not a powerful move, if used over and over it could essentially turn a tight cramped room like this into a broiler.” Xero said.

“Wouldn’t that cook you too?” The grunt asked, thinking he had found some sort of loophole to Xeros threat.

Xero grinned at the notion.

“Fuecoco, ember.” Xero commanded.

As Fuecoco used ember, the room became hot. It became hard to breathe, and immediately both Xero and the Grunt began sweating.

“ARE YOU INSANE? YOU’RE GONNA COOK BOTH OF US ALIVE IN HERE!!” The grunt yelled.

Xero sat quietly across the room. He had a calm look on his face, as the beads of sweat became larger, turning his white uniform shirt into a sopping mess. The two sat for a while, ember after ember, until the grunt finally snapped.

“FINE! YOU WANT INFORMATION? JUST GET ME OUTTA THIS HEAT.” The grunt yelled.

“You are in no position to negotiate. I can sit here for at least another 24 hours, so you talk first, then Fuecoco stops.” Xero said calmly.

“FINE! Fine. Listen. The reason we were trafficking those psychic Pokémon is because we need a powerful psychic energy to power our psy gauntlets. That’s really all I know!” The grunt yelled.

“What does the goldenrod casino have to do with all this?” Xero asked.

“We were using the casinos to launder money and smuggle psychic type Pokémon.” The grunt said.

“Who is interstellar?” Xero asked again.

“It’s… it’s a new underground organization. Multiple groups, all who have come close to their goals in the past, have combined. They’ve already got their Pay-Gauntlets, shipments across multiple regions. You don’t even know what you’re up against.” The grunt said.

“Again with these Gaintlets, just what are they anyway-“

The Kanto police captain suddenly burst through the door.

“Bail has been paid for the grunts we captured. This interrogation will cease immediately.”

“What?! No you can’t, I was so close to getting-“

“It doesn’t matter. Legally we cannot interrogate this man any longer.” The captain said, escorting the grunt out of the room.

The grunt looked back at Xero, with an expression that could only be described as evil. They were planning something. Psy Gauntlets? What could it all mean.

“Dammit!” Xero yelled as he kicked over a chair in frustration.

Fuecoco walked over to its trainer, sensing his frustration.

“It’s alright. We’ve at least got 2 more days before we have to head back anyways. Why not enjoy it?” Xero said to Fuecoco.

February 20th 9 am. Saffron City.

“Thank you so much for the lodging and the opportunity to interrogate that grunt.” Xero said to the captain.

“You’re welcome. As much as the national and international police butt heads, you’ve really helped out around in the few days you were here.” The captain said.

“It was no problem, it was refreshing to do local work for once, plus I haven’t been stationed in Kanto since I first graduated. It was nice to be back.” Xero laughed.

“Right, well, if you ever need anything from the Kanto police you let me know.” The captain said.

“Right, thank you.” Xero said, turning to walk out the door.

As soon as his hand touched the door, the door flew open.

“SIR, there seems to be a wave of team rocket grunts storming the city! We’ve gotten report from the Celadon precinct and the Vermillion precinct that similar waves of grunts are storming those cities as well!” The officer entering the room yelled.

The captain looked at Xero, “you willing to help out a bit more?” He asked.

Xero laughed, “I’ve been itching for some action since I graduated.”

The two readied their pokeballs and ran for the door.

Hazel - Route 203, Sinnoh. February 20th.

"Hey, wait up little dude!!" called out the newbie trainer as he dashed wildly down an offshoot on Route 203, hot on the tail of a Shinx as it darted from left to right. Close behind were Froth and Starla, the trusted companions of Hazel, both of the Pokémon just as eager as their owner to get the chance at battling and capturing the electric-type. Diving into a slide in a useless attempt to nab the Shinx in his arms, the boy ate a face full of dirt as his team overtook him in pursuit of their target. "Go get 'em, guys!" He shouted with a spat, hustling to his feet and breaking into a sprint once more. The chase made its way through a patch of tall grass around another bend before coming to a prompt end next to a small lake and a thick treeline, the wild 'mon cornered with nowhere to run as Froth and Starla closed it in from opposing angles. Hazel soon caught up, grinning with pride as he opted to use Starla for this battle.

"Froth, take a step back! Starla, Quick Attack!" He ordered ferociously, the starling Pokémon launching itself at the unaware opponent as it was still unsure of who it should focus on. Froakie leaping back to land next to Hazel, the Shinx was send into a tumble by the sudden attack of Starla. "Nice one!" Her trainer praised prematurely as the electric-type rose to its feet with little more than a few scrapes. Letting out a cry, the wild Pokémon used Thunder Shock, releasing a bursting wave of electricity that knocked the offending Starly out of the air. Hitting the ground with a thud, Starla quickly clamored to their feet with a look of determination - despite having taken a sever beating from the last attack.

"Starla, hang in there! One more Quick Attack then dodge his next attack! Watch how it moves!" Hazel called out with an encouraging tone, hopeful his Pokémon could hang in there despite the type disadvantage. Following the demands of its trainer to the best of its abilities, Starla blazed forwards at incredible speed to strike its opponent head on before taking flight high into the air, fluttering around erratically to avoid the next blow. Stumbling backwards from the impact of the winged bullet that was Hazel's Starly, the wild 'mon held steadfast in its position and lowered its shoulders, tail rising in the air with a flick as electricity coursed through its body. Hazel recognized the move; Charge! As the Shinx raised its Sp. Def, a thunderous crack echoed from above. As if something out of a movie, the sky clouded over in a matter of seconds and began to hemorrhage rainfall upon their battle.

"There's no way the Shinx did that, right?! Starla, watch out!" the boy warned his skybound friend, knowing if another electric-type move connected the bird would go down for the count, something especially likely in this weather. Even worse, there wouldn't be much time at the rate the rain was falling until the area completely flooded. Thinking on his feet, Hazel grabbed a Pokéball from his bag and tossed it at the Shinx without a second thought. The 'mon disappearing in a glow of red, the youth clenched his teeth in his anxiousness. If the ball released, Starla wasn't the only one in for it...

'Please, we gotta go but I really wanna catch ya...' Hazel hoped silently as the ball shook.

One...

Two...

Three....

Team Interstellar - Multiple Locations i.e. Kanto (Celadon, Vermillion, Saffron), Sinnoh (Mt.Coronet/region wide), Kalos (Prism Tower), Unova (Pokémon League). February 20th.

Over the next hour, the events in Celadon, Vermillion, and Saffron would be nearly identical save for the differences in leadership for the triad of Rocket militias - Giavanna heading the Celadon sect as the other two were led by insignificant Admins. At least, unworthy of praise in the eyes of their boss just yet. Grunts clad in their classic uniform and newly inspired by the powers of the 'Psy-Gauntlet' contraptions adorned on their fists stormed local Pokémon Centers, PokéMarts, other local businesses and even homes as the head of each cities invasion force made their way towards the respective Gym of each municipality. Police forces in Celadon City particularly ended up falling back to regroup on the outskirts of town as Vermillion and Saffron seemed to be putting up a slightly better offensive. Officers and civilians alike in the wake of Giavanna's forces were left shell-shocked, unconscious, or badly beaten.

As the redhead arrived out front of the Celadon Gym, awaiting her was a confident and frankly bothered looking man with bright green hair, slicked back and shining against the sun. Beside him sat a Bulbasaur, Gloom, and Victreebell, each of them with a look of determination that matched their trainer.

"So, you must be Arin then? Grass-Type Leader of the Celadon City Gym, right? Step aside if you know what's smart, this town belongs to Interstellar now." Giavanna smiled at him cynically, reaching for a Pokéball on her waist and releasing her own Pokémon with a swift toss. She knew the other trainer wasn't backing down, not that easily. In a flash of white, a Kangaskhan appeared next to the villainess and pounded its fists together with a grunt.

"Not a chance in hell am I giving up this city to goons like you, not as long as I still stand as Gym Leader! If you want a fight, you've got one. Gloom, Stun Spore! Get out of our city, cretins!!" Arin called out to his Pokémon, the mushroom-esque creature releasing a cloud of yellow spores from its shroomtop with a trill of its tongue as it leapt forwards. Taking the cloud of pollen straight to its face, the burly Kangaskhan shook its head in recoil, muscles seizing up with the Paralysis condition sinking in.

"Tch, pitiful... Flamethrower." Giavanna spoke calmly as her Pokémon grunted in reply, opening its maw to release a mighty blaze in the direction of the Gloom. A direct hit to the Pokémon sent it tumbling in an unconscious heap, unprepared for such an attack as it expected a slower response from its supposedly stunned enemy. Arin gasped in shock as he recalled his fainted Pokémon to its red and white sphere, hanging it on his belt with a disgruntled grimace. This would be tougher than he thought...

Over in Kalos, Flare grunts inside of Prism Tower quickly got to work in re-coding the security systems of the building as well as tearing down a number of thin walls and barriers meant to keep tourists out of certain staff areas, the police force gathering at the base of the tower without much power to help those trapped inside while lacking the ability to enter. With Lilian at the helm, guiding and directing individuals on their tasks, the very first stages of the towers reconstruction had begun. Squirming on the floor with wrath filling his gaze, the Lumiose Gym Leader could merely watch on as his Pokéballs were held captive by the well dressed lass. Taking a moment to lean down next to him, the blonde brushed her locks behind her ear before speaking in teasing fashion.

"Isn't it a shame, Quinn? At least, for you. Your precious Prism Tower that's been standing for generations, transformed into the bones of a brand new superweapon! My, my... How the great have fallen!" Lilian giggled as her underlings worked away in the background, stepping on the yellow-haired man's face as she held one of his Pokéballs out in front of her to rub in his failure even further. "Don't worry, we won't make you sit and watch your pride and joy get torn to bits. Interstellar has other plans for you, cutie. Though, if you wanna see your precious babies again you'll do what you're told and get the cops to back off for a while, alright?"

Back in Unova at the Pokémon League, Baldour hung unconscious in the grip of his masked assailant who at this point was surrounded by his goons in a protective perimeter. As the crowd threw itself into a panicked frenzy, spectators flocked to the exits in a craze as others moved down in the stands hoping to be of help, the currently battling Elite Four member launching into action.

"Gengar, get in there and Sucker Punch 'em!" Kandi demanded of her ghost-type, the poisonous spirit diving into the ground in a disappearing act before reappearing next to Baldour and his attackers, entirely abandoning its ongoing encounter with Blair who sat frozen on the spot. Swiftly delivering a blow to one of the grunts noggin, the human toppled over before his pals could react, though the success of the purple creature wouldn't last. Two of the remaining baddies turned and activated the nodes on their gloves with flexed palms, restraining the Pokémon with a psychokinetic grip. "No, Gengar! Let 'im go!" Kandi exclaimed while her Pokémon struggled with a cry. Blair's Seviper dashed forwards in an attempt at a rescue, cued by its trainers shouts to assist in the ensuing attack, though it's efforts would prove to be vain as the other villainous folks berated the serpent with a barage of psychic pulses to keep it at bay.

As chaos and pandemonium rippled like waves through the stadium, the masked crusader known as Z hoisted the unconscious Baldour onto his shoulder, the champ groggily groaning as he was manhandled about. In a hurry, three members of the dastardly collective moved with their boss towards the battlefields nearest exit. Unless stopped, they would soon be out of sight and enroute to escaping with their prize. Left behind to cause as much of a diversion as possible were six Plasma Grunts armed with Psy-Gauntlets, one of which remained unconscious as a result of Kandi and her Gengar's efforts. Clamoring as fast as their legs would allow, the other three members of the Unova Elite Four rushed from their places at the top of the stands, pushing through the masses of fans to assist their comrades, though not fast enough to truly be of any use in immediacy. However, a particular fraud stood in the perfect place to intervene, his first shot at redemption only a few meters away.

Oceans away atop Mt.Coronet, rainfall continued to hail down across the land. Flooding and landslides wreaking havoc on a number of routes, multiple towns and cities felt the effects of the downpour within the first hour. High above the swirling storm clouds at the peak of Sinnoh's rocky monolith, just a few hundred yards below Spear Pillar, the blips and whirs of machinery hard at work emanated from a mountainside cavern. Inside the now somewhat damp cave, Cryo stood afront a table laden with microphones, soundboards, a camera, and other equipment necessary to broadcast the speech scribbled down on the paper in his grip. Around him a couple of grunts fiddled with the settings on their computer systems or adjusted dials and knobs frantically.

"T-minus sixty seconds until system breach." one of the lackeys spoke up as he hammered away at a keyboard.

"Once I give the signal sir, you'll be on the air for practically the entire world. Television, radio, even Pokètch and things of that sort," the other chimed in, her hands occupied by the slides and dials on the soundboard in front of her. "We estimate about ninety seconds of airtime before we start to lose connections rapidly."

"T-minus forty seconds... Thirty... Twenty... Ten, nine, eight, seven, six..." the first of the grunts counted down, a red light on the camera illuminating as the count dropped to zero. A thumbs up from the female goon to his right served as Cryo's signal. In a chilling, melancholy tone of voice, he spoke into the microphones with a smirk.

"Good morning, world. Please pardon my sudden interruption into your lives, as I'm sure whatever program you were just enjoying is vastly entertaining, but I assure you that the information you are about to hear from me is quite important.
Who is this strange man speaking to me from my device, you may ask? My name is Cryo, and I am the leader of a newly resurrected Team Galactic in Sinnoh. Yes, you heard that right, and I come to your television screens and radio waves with a message for the world. We of Team Galactic are not the only ones to make a return; as you hear this very message play through your speakers, cities in Kanto are under seige by our Team Rocket allies. Our pals in Kalos, Team Flare, have seized control of Prism Tower. And of course, feel free to tune into the Unovan Championships, as Team Plasma has put together quite a performance for you folks."

Pausing for a dramatic break, Cryo continued his monologue. "With this revalation of our renewed existence comes an announcement. The declaration of Team Interstellar! Four of histories finest movements converged under a single banner! I don't expect you fine folks to understand fully, but in the coming weeks a lot is going to change. I urge you to accept the new age we usher in and the world we hope to create, in lieu of the fearmongering and slander of us from the officials you so foolishly let reign. Sadly, my time to explain is about to be cut short, but I leave you with this. By the time our vision is realised, the world we know will be one of perfection, where humanity and Pokémon are restored to their original balance and glory. Resistance will be met with zero tolerance, my friends. Take this opportunity to join our vision, and pledge your allegiance to Team Interstellar. Adieu."

As suddenly as the broadcast had interrupted the flow of the world's entertainment frequencies, it came to an abrupt end, a brazen logo of a yellow lowercase 'i' with a star wrapping around it being displayed before the usual, scheduled programming kicked back in.

Gertrude and Lykos Tempest, Lillycove City, Contest Hall, Hoenn. February 20th

Gertrude and Lykos were inside the contest hall showing their Pokemon where they would be performing when they were ready. However, their interactions were interrupted by the program that was on the TV only to be interrupted by an unknown broadcast as they gazes looked up to the screen their Pokemon following. A man with blue colored hair appeared on the screen.

"Good morning, world. Please pardon my sudden interruption into your lives, as I'm sure whatever program you were just enjoying is vastly entertaining, but I assure you that the information you are about to hear from me is quite important.
Who is this strange man speaking to me from my device, you may ask? My name is Cryo, and I am the leader of a newly resurrected Team Galactic in Sinnoh. Yes, you heard that right, and I come to your television screens and radio waves with a message for the world. We of Team Galactic are not the only ones to make a return; as you hear this very message play through your speakers, cities in Kanto are under seige by our Team Rocket allies. Our pals in Kalos, Team Flare, have seized control of Prism Tower. And of course, feel free to tune into the Unovan Championships, as Team Plasma has put together quite a performance for you folks."

He took a brief pause before continuing.

"With this revalation of our renewed existence comes an announcement. The declaration of Team Interstellar! Four of histories finest movements converged under a single banner! I don't expect you fine folks to understand fully, but in the coming weeks a lot is going to change. I urge you to accept the new age we usher in and the world we hope to create, in lieu of the fearmongering and slander of us from the officials you so foolishly let reign. Sadly, my time to explain is about to be cut short, but I leave you with this. By the time our vision is realised, the world we know will be one of perfection, where humanity and Pokémon are restored to their original balance and glory. Resistance will be met with zero tolerance, my friends. Take this opportunity to join our vision, and pledge your allegiance to Team Interstellar. Adieu."

The broadcast ended displaying a yellow lower case "i" with a star wrapped it. The siblings stood in silence as they were taking their time to process what was said.

"Team...Interstellar?"Gertrude said after the silence.

Lykos hearing the name Team Rocket and hearing they put on quite a show in the Pokemon League seemed to bring his suspicion to them.

"Lykos....do u know what is going on?" She asked as her emotion of fear seemed to show a bit.

"No I don't but...I have a feeling that we are going to face a serious enemy that won't show us mercy...." he said wrapping his arm around her as if to comfort her. The girls seemed a bit on edge too as they stood closer next to each other for comfort.

Aria Sinclair, Opelucid City, Unova. February 20th

She remained sitting on the bench thinking of where to go next. Suddenly, her ears caught the sudden change of the program that was displayed on the large TV. She couldn't actually see it but could hear it.

"With this revalation of our renewed existence comes an announcement. The declaration of Team Interstellar! Four of histories finest movements converged under a single banner! I don't expect you fine folks to understand fully, but in the coming weeks a lot is going to change. I urge you to accept the new age we usher in and the world we hope to create, in lieu of the fearmongering and slander of us from the officials you so foolishly let reign. Sadly, my time to explain is about to be cut short, but I leave you with this. By the time our vision is realised, the world we know will be one of perfection, where humanity and Pokémon are restored to their original balance and glory. Resistance will be met with zero tolerance, my friends. Take this opportunity to join our vision, and pledge your allegiance to Team Interstellar. Adieu."

The broadcast ended displaying a yellow lower case "i" with a star wrapped it.

"Team Interstellar.....Team Rocket......the cause of the illegally smuggled Pokemon....it just isn't right...." she said to herself as Aiko hopped to her hand when she raised it.

"Aiko....I will never want to reside with a Team that smuggled Pokemon illegally....because...they could have been Psychic Pokemon as well....what are we going to do if we do encounter them.....we are not power strong enough to face them...." she said sadly as Aiko cooed gently nudging her to comfort her. Rina felt her worry as she rested her head on her lap to reassure her it will be ok. Lufian could sense this too while he sat next to her.

JC Valentine, Pokemon League, Unova. February 20th

JC had arrived at the Pokémon League where all the ruckus was happening. She stood on the open rooftop as she watched below her the chaos happening below. She saw cloaked man knocking out the current Champion where she once stood 8 years ago being taken by him to escape. Her focus was interrupted by the program displayed on the TV as a blue haired man appeared the same color as Cyrus that she had encountered 8 years in her prime but, he was defeated unless it was just a coincidence. He eventually spoke.

The broadcast ended displaying a yellow lower case "i" with a star wrapped it.

She wasn't believing what she was hearing, all the organizations she had fought 8 years ago had risen back again but with new leaders and to add a new organization known as Team Interstellar had risen to change the world once again to evil. She only clenched her fists as this had to happen 8 years after her prime where her power was severely affected . She is not as powerful as she use to be as she is only a mentor now. There wasn't anything she can do because in doing so, would reveal her true identity. She placed her hand inside her hood to touch Blue, sensing her frustration she nudged her hand. She won't get anyway without gathering allies to help her. She saw some sort of device the grunts had which stopped a Pokemon in their tracks. She didn't know exactly what it was, since it was the first time she has seen it. "Blue.....we are going to be facing an enemy that we had never faced before.....I don't know how we are going to stop them but I can assure you....it will not be an easy fight..." she whispered as she kept watch of the chaos below.

As Xero and the Captain ran out to the city, the large screen on the Saffron Neo Shopping Centre lit up, to reveal a startling message.

There was a short pause.

“What?!” Xero shouted.

The captain looked horrified for a moment, but neither of them had time to process what they had just seen. The two were shortly surrounded by rocket Grunts.

“Captain, go ahead. I can handle this group.” Xero said confidently.

“Kid, are you kidding? There’s at least 10 grunts here!” The captain yelled.

Xeros face free serious, one could even describe it as expressionless. No fear, no anger, his face couldn’t be read.

“Captain, I got this.” Xero said.

The captain gulped, and quickly through out his Pidgeot and flew off towards the Saffron City Gym. The few grunts that could followed him, however about 5 grunts remained and surrounded Xero. Xero gripped his two pokeballs, the only two Pokémon he had. Before this there was no need to take battles seriously, but the whole world was under threat here. He couldn’t lose this battle, his pride as a trainer rested on that.

“Heh, you don’t look a day over 20, what are you gonna do to 5 of us kid!” The leader of the small group chortled.

The leader sent out a Weavile, while the rest sent out Sneasels.

“Gliscor, Fuecoco. We have to win this.” Xero said, throwing out his two Pokémon.

“Fine, two on 5, we still got the odds here.” The grunt said.

Ember. Sky Uppercut.”

Like a flash, Fuecocos ember quickly covered the battlefield, hitting two of the Sneasels. Gliscor, who had jumped high in the air, and sent the two Sneasels flying into their trainers.

“Weavile, use icy wind!”

The icy wind made direct contact with Gliscor, freezing its wings in the attack.

“Fuecoco. Incinerate.”

Fuecoco used incinerate, defeating the two other Sneasel. All that was left was the Weavile, and only gliscor was strong enough to defeat it.

“Quick Gliscor, Fire Fang!”

“Weavile, Ice Punch!”

The two Pokémon lunged at each other, but Gliscor couldn’t shake off the effects of the frostbite. Both attacks hit, Gliscor landing its bite on the Weaviles arm, however the ice punch was a direct critical hit, completely freezing gliscor, and knocking it out. As the dust settled, only Gliscor had been fully knocked out, Weavile, although very weakened, was still standing.

“Gliscor!” Xero yelled, returning the Pokémon to its pokeball, “what am I gonna do?? Fuecoco is…”

As if on cue, a bright flash came from behind Xero. As both trainers turned there attention towards the Pokémon, it happened to be Fuecoco, who had finally gained enough experience to evolve.

“Heh, the equation has shifted. I see no future where this battle isn’t trivial.” Xero said.

Crocalor let out a melodic roar, getting ready to hit the already weakened Weavile with a super effective Incinerate.

“Tch, I’ll show you!” The grunt said, brandishing a strange looking gauntlet.

“That must be-?!” Xero was quickly silenced by the large crocodile pokemon being flung back as if it was being hit with a powerful psychic attack.

“Damn you!” Xero said, rushing at the grunt, using a powerful kick to throw the grunt to the ground.

As the grunt lay there, Xero used all his might to stomp on the gauntlet, destroying it and releasing the energy. He returned crocalor to its pokeball, and he looked in the direction of the gym in Saffron City.

“Even without my Pokémon, I can take these guys out easily.” Xero said, making his way towards the gym.

Scott Winchester, Prism Tower, Kalos

I just wanted to watch a Gym Battle.

This was Scott's first thoughts, as the mysterious team, now known as Team Interstellar, flooded Prism Tower. Here he was, standing in front of some grunts, one with a Shinx, one with a Gligar, with his partner Pokemon, ready to battle.

Shard had already been damaged by the Gligar's Aerial Aces and a few Bites from Shinx, but it handled it perfectly. All that endurance training payed off...

Of course, what would happen, he woudn't expect.

Grunt A, as he called the grunt with the Shinx, called out his Shinx to use Thunder Shock. An easy move to dodge, as Shard, his Rowlet, was more alert than usual today. "Dodge it!" Scott shouted, as Shard, quick as the wind, as he would describe it, flew out the way.

"Now, counter that with Leafage, straight at the Gligar!"

Summoning small leaves, it peltered the Gligar, finishing it off.

Shard cooed in pain.

The damn Shinx!

The Shinx had snuck up behind Shard and used Bite. One more like that would finish him off...

Blue light. Shining behind Scott.

As Scott turned, he realised what was happening

An Evolution?!

Shard was evolving, and then did, transforming into a Dartrix! Scott smiled, knowing what that meant. Not only a new form, but a new move also.

"Use Razor Leaf!"

Shard summoned sharp leaves, which hit the grunt's Shinx straight in the face. It was over.

Draven Davidson​

Date: February 17
Draven's Pokemon Team: Ma'a the Hoothoot
Avery's Pokemon Team (Unofficial): Ajax the Chimchar

Interactions: Cryo (H47E)

Finally, even as the waters were starting to rise to even the walking areas, Draven felt like he was ready to move. "Alright, I need you to do something for me Ajax." The monkey tilted his head in confusion, but seemingly ready to get moving. "I have rope. I'm going to tie a knot, you take the loop up where I need you to, and then find something to wrap it around and pull tight so the loop gets smaller. Then, put your weight on the rope so it doesn't get lifted up when I start climbing, okay?"

Ajax nodded, getting on top of Draven's shoulder as he got up, grunting before walking with barely a limp. He was in ankle-deep water by the time he made it to the large, craggy slope that led to an opening on the northeast of the cave. His Hoothoot popping out of her Pokeball, the two Pokemon helped each other climb up the wall once Draven tied a perfect slipknot. Once they were up there and the water was running by them in rivulets, they found a sturdy rock, slipped the rope around it, pulled it taut, and made some noise for him to hear it was set. Wrapping the rope around his arm, he started climbing it. The little rivers of water that slid down the slope made the rocks impossibly slippery, but thankfully his shoes gave him a bit more traction.

After a couple minutes, he was finally up at the top. There were no issues then. He took the rope off the rock, widened the slipknot's hole, then set it back in his backpack. That's when he heard an announcement on his Xtransceiver.

He stood there with both Pokemon on his shoulders as he stared at his video watch, watching the broadcast of how the world was going to change.

The world? Changing?

Ma'a looked at her trainer nervously, knowing that this was something he had been wanting for years and wasn't so sure if this was going to set him down the wrong path. She'll stand with him regardless, but it worried her. Meanwhile, Ajax thought this was awesome! Change the world? Maybe he can have his family back and they can be freed from all this!

Team Rocket, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare had been resurrected... And they had done a full assault of the other regions. A part of Draven knew this was bad, but...

After having suffered for as long as he did being forgotten so easily? It would be so easy to just side with them, wouldn't it? And, he'd be able to do more things he'd want to do through Avery.

Team Interstellar...

He understood. He understood plenty. It sparked a surge within him that probably shouldn't have been there. He should've been revolted, feeling contempt for having this world change. But he couldn't blame why those teams tried what they did. Maybe they were being greedy, but one had to make a mark in the world, sometimes you had to be a villain to do just that.

To Draven, he just wanted to be remembered. This was how he'll do it.

And they were open to taking recruits? Oh, but it couldn't be that easy.

Looking between his Pokemon, his Hoothoot sighed in reluctance while Ajax cheered. Looking at his Hoothoot, Draven pet her feathers. "Hey, Ma'a. This is how we can make our mark in the world. Do you want to be forgotten again?"

Ma'a stared up at him. Surely, there must be some other way, right? But she didn't want to be forgotten either. She knew that small time heroes, like what they could be, would end up being footnotes - or worse, nonexistent - in the tales told by those who beat Interstellar. While they will be a cog in the machine, they will at least have a purpose. It was time to meet Cryo.

Traversing through Mt. Coronet was no joke. They had to climb many different parts of the cave, slide down without getting hurt, avoid getting swept away by water or getting attacked by the much stronger Pokemon here. But finally, he made it.

Not without getting a grunt to stop him.

"Oi, who the hell are ye?" The grunt, wearing the refurbished Team Galactic grunt wear, stood in his way. He eyed the Pokemon warily, but Draven returned his Hoothoot and held the Chimchar in his arms before they would be fought.

"I want to join Team Interstellar."

The unflinching tone and lack of waver had the grunt laughing. "Oh? And what makes you think you can just join us? We're no charity, kid. This ain't no joke."

Draven held the Chimchar out a bit, the Fire-Type staring at this human who is using him as a ticket in. Was this the plan all along? "I stole this Chimchar from the Pokemon Lab in Sandgem Town. I threw his Pokeball onto Route 204 after releasing him from it so they couldn't track him anymore. I couldn't put him in a Pokeball because I didn't want him under my name so I wouldn't get flagged for stealing a Pokemon."

The grunt hummed, staring at the kid for a moment longer before huffing. "You the real deal? So, that was you? Was hearin' from our sources that some kid made a stir at the lab. Good on ya. Now, to meet your master." Walking over, he grabbed Draven by the shoulder and dragged him into the room where Cryo had finished his speech, throwing him rather unkindly onto the floor before him. "Boss-sir, we got a newbie who wants to join us. He's the one who stole the Chimchar from the Sandgem Lab."

Draven fell to his knees, wincing at the slight pain, but kept the Chimchar held in his grasp protectively. He dared to look up, his glasses getting fogged up and having to take them off to see Cryo better.

There was determination in his gaze. "I will not disappoint." There was that unwavering, unflinching tone again.

Scott Winchester, Prism Tower, Kalos

Mentions: @H47E (Lilian)

Life... it's taking a chance, and hoping you will succeed.

The words his father gave him before Scott left for Kalos echoed in his mind. How would he react if Scott told him Shard evolved?

Not the time, he thought. Team Interstellar comes first.

Heading to the top, he saw Interstellar grunts. Everywhere. Were they waiting for him, to defeat him, or...

Maybe they wanted to recruit him. But, he would say no. Though he was young, Scott was not naive.

"Hello, my name is Scott Winchester." he shouted. "And I advise that you get away from here. Lumiose Police is on it's way."