• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Isla Sorecnatam: Rising Rebellion {Dino RP}

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
On a mysterious island there is a group of survivors and scientists which have found the island by shipwreck, so they decided to try and survive and after many of years, they made a park there. The named it 'Cretaceous World', as they had recently discovered dinosaurs had called the island home. After numerous years, the generation was passed down that the children of the people who made the park must work there. This is Isla Sorecnatam, in which the Rising Rebellion begins.

In this RP, we can be either dinosaurs or scientists. Dinosaurs can be tamed, though it's up to the Dino RPers. Hybrids are allowed but only by my permission. All RPers' characters can't die in this story. You can have up to 2 characters, whether both are dinosaurs, both are humans or one is a human and the other is a dinosaur. Nobody can add changes to his own character sheets format, or change anything once it has been added and posted to the RP.

The 'Rising Rebellion' is meant by the mentioned RPers' humans and tamed dinosaurs which rebel against the island's selfish, yet wickedly intelligent rulers' rules, and in the end achieve peace in the island.

My character will be a dinosaur, so the first one who comes into the RP as a human, can design the human character sheet, but must make it as detailed and serious as possible.

(My) Character Sheet:- (Dinosaur Character Sheet)
Name: Sage
Species : Carcharungasaurus (Hybrid Between Majungasaurus and Carcharadontasaurus)
Personality : Naturally aggressive, can be pretty salty sometimes, despises humans, sassy and pretty trickster. Scientists can tell by the 'smirk' on his face if he's pulling a trick or not. He is highly intelligent, maybe even more than a few humans. He is cannibalistic, due to his Majungasaurus DNA.
Appearance : He has tough scales, he has a thin layer of armor on his back, going from his nape to his tail, the thin layer of armer has a vertical lines of spikes on it, as well as the rest of his whole upper body. He has grey scales, with a dark green hue on some of hem. He has yellow eyes. He has two small black horns on the two sides of his head which are slid backwards, and a small, upward black horn, right behind his nose. He has an openable jaw, and he has large arms, and he is 30 feet tall. His teeth are as sharp as a Carcharadontasaurus's. He has a long scar right through his right eye.
Tamed or Not?: Not Tamed.
Herbivore or Carnivore?: Carnivore.
Do They Have A Mate/Crush?: No.
Other : He has octopus DNA, giving him Intensive Learning and Thinking. He has Komodo Dragon DNA, which gives him Robust Digestion. He has Snake DNA (By Accident) making him increasingly aggressive. He has ancient crocodillian DNA, making his scales rougher, and his teeth sharper. There was Frog DNA there too, to make sure he adapted and Turtle DNA to make him live longer.
~×●=●×~
Sage had just awoken from his slumber, and had looked around to see that his automated feeder was activated. There was a huge box filled with dead anacondas and leftover dinosaur dead parts. These were dinosaurs which died from old age and fed to Sage. He 'yawned' and quickly ate the food given to him. When he finished eating, he felt bored, 'Hmm. I've been here for quite a while and still am not presented to the people or released. Alright then.' Sage thought. He then roared loudly, alarming most dinosaurs near him. He 'smirked'. He made some grunting noises, persuading the dinosaurs to escape. All the dinosaurs near Sage roared, and started ramming their cages, and then a red code alarm was activated. All dinosaurs' cages' doors were unlocked, due to some failed malfunctioning and because of the dinosaurs constantly ramming the doors. Sage roared and ran out his door. What Sage did to persuade the dinosaurs was telling them, if they help him escape, he would give them the secret of why he was so strong, and help them live long lives like him. As dumb as the dinosaurs were, unlike Sage, they believed him and did what they did. Sage did give them the idea to escape anyway. Because of their extreme pleasure, they all forgot what Sage said and just ran off to terrorise some humans. Sage continued walking and then roared. He was also going to terrorise some humans, and maybe even hunt some dinosaurs.​

Last edited:
Name: Ripple
Species: Utahraptor
Personality: She’ playful and sometimes acts like a puppy. When given a mission she carries it out immediately and quickly. She’s loyal to her caretaker. Being a raptor, she likes to work in a team, but doesn’t mind working alone.
Appearance: Her scales a light brown color and she has a feathered tail. Her large feet are equipped with scythed claws and she has many small pointed teeth. She has bright green eyes. She is six feet tall.
Tamed or not: Tamed
Herbivore or Carnivore: Carnivore
Mate or crush: No
Other: She was born in one of the labs and formed an extremely close bond with her caretaker Darien.

This is Darien’s Character sheet:

Name: Darien
Personality: He’s gentle and knows what’s best to do in a dangerous situation. He’s protective of his dinosaur Ripple. He works as a scientist but spends most of his time training Ripple.
Appearance: Messy brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a thick brown jacket and protective gloves. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall.
Other: None

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ripple was growling playfully. She had a large rope in her mouth and was playing tug of war with onecof her teammates. Her pack originally had seven Utahraptor, but five of them were shipped to the other side of the island for training.
A loud alarm want off and there were flashing lights. Her caretaker Darien raced into the room. Another human came in and took my teammate away.
Darien motioned for Ripple to kneel down to his height and he slipped her tracking collar onto her.
“ Alright, Ripple. You got a mission. I need you to find some missed dinos. Can you do that? “ He asked her.
Ripple understood and suddenly got excited. Darien scratched her chin. “ Good girl! “ He praised.
Soon Ripple was outside. She was given the scent of one of the missing dinosaurs, a hybrid of a Majungasaurus and Carcharadontasaurus. She was close, she could tell.

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
(Hey! Can you make your posts in third person?)

Sage looked around. He saw a Utahraptor coming towards him. He grunted. He just walked away from her as if she was no big deal. But when he turned around, he saw many rangers in his vicinity, holding guns, 'I thought these people were experts. You don't kill a dinosaur just like that, do you?' He thought, and from right behind the rangers, he launched his long tail towards them, and threw them upwards. He caught two in his mouth, and then pressed his teeth onto them, and shook them around. He could hear thir bones breaking and their extreme bleeding and then gulped them down. The rest of the rangers ran away, 'Pathetic.' He thought, disapprovingly.

( Alright! Sorry, I didn’t realize I was switching tenses )

Ripple could smell the dinosaur. It was so close. Suddenly, the tangy scent of blood filled the air. She chased after the scent and burst into the scene of the dinosaur she was hunting, killing some humans.
She growled deeply. “ Hey! Pick on someone your own size! “ She screamed as she leapt onto the larger dinosaur, looking for weak spots.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage heard a dinosaur screaming at him. He looked to see the Utahraptor. He turned around and held his hand out to where the Utahraptor was jumping, and attempted to catch her, "My own size? Heh, well, looks like it's game over for you." He grunted in Dino language. He 'smirked' at the Utahraptor.
But Sage couldn't see the future, maybe the Utahraptor was gonna counterattack him. But he was sure he would catch her, 'Those humans got hold of this miserable creature.' He thought, 'Maybe, I'd try to reason with her to kill them all.' He thought again.

Ripple dodge the arms coming at her, biting at them and swinging back with her own claws. She wished her pack was here.
She slowly but surely made her way up his back biting and clawing the whole way.
“ Surrender! I won’t give up that easily” she hissed.
Meanwhile, Darien was in the control room. Many other scientists were there. “ Do you have a location? “ He demanded. “ Yes. She appears to be right on top of one of the escaped dinosaurs. “ Someone responded.
“ I want all men armed out there! Move out! “ Another person commanded.

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage roared in pain at his injured finger, he glared at the Utahraptor, and shook her off his back. It didn't hurt a lot since it had a thin layer of armor on it. When the Utahraptor fell on the ground, Sage launched her off with his tail and ran towards her while roaring, and clawed at her, throwing her at an expedition centre.
He then roared at her, "I wanted to reason with you, but you left me no choice!" He said as he ran off to the distance, and soon disappeared out of sight, before the armed men came in time. Sage was going off to where the flying dinosaurs were kept.

Last edited:
Ripple hit her head when she fell. There was a ringing in her ears and her vision was fuzzy. But she wasn’t going down yet. She attempted to get up, but stumbled back down. This is why she needed her team. They could have all worked as one to bring him down. She heard the rumbling of a nearby Jeep. It stopped right in front of her. The familiar scent of Darien filled her nose.
“ Ripple, are you alright?! I told them they shouldn’t have shipped off your pack! “ He said angrily.
Ripple tried to get up again. This time she used the wall of the expedition centre as support. She was now on her feet, and her head was fine. The feathers on her tail bristled in anger. She’d catch this dinosaur no matter what. “ Do you need to be healed? “ He asked the Utahraptor.
She glanced down at him and swayed her tail. Darien nodded.
Just then, about 20 heavily armed cars and trucks came into view. “ We lost him. “ Said an officer. “ Ripple has his scent. Follow her. “ Darien instructed.
Ripple took off, running just ahead of the troops, using her nose to locate the escaped dinosaur.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage had made quite a distance from the rangers now. He put his head up and smelled them coming back, "Sigh, they don't give up, do they?" He grunted. He was getting closer to the Pterosaur Dome. He looked at the locked gigantic metallic locked gate, beside the hard glass which surrounded the pterosaurs, "Hmm..." He said.
"RAAAAAARRRRR!" He roared loudly, as he charged into the glass using his horns, and freed the pterosaurs, he got into the dome, and started roaring at the dinosaurs inside. They growled and scowled at him but soon they just flew away and started terrorising the park.
One armed soldier (An NPC) had seen Sage coming towards the armed rangers. Some rangers were confused. Was he coming back to them? The flying dinosaurs flew upwards, and towards the rangers too. Dimorphodons, Pterodactyls and even Quetzalcoatals were flying towards the rangers with only one desire. Destroy all who is In their path, and the humans which imprisoned them.
Sage 'smirked'. He then roared as he got with the rangers' group. He roared, and grabbed handfuls of rangers with his arms and stuffed his mouth with them. The blood scattered on many of the rangers' friends, and they screamed, agonised and some froze and almost got a heart attack. He then grabbed a ranger truck, and threw it on some people, as the truck exploded.
He then looked at the Utahraptor, and then clawed her, and then hit her with his tail towards an electric fence. The fence broke and Compsognathuses came out, while setting their targets on humans, and attacking any of them as several packs.
"This is my counterattack! Well, the scene already looks gruesome enough. I'm done here." He grunted and roared at them, as he ran off, disappearing into the distance.
He was next headed to free some more dinosaurs.

Ripple whimpered as she tried to got up. She couldn’t let her caretaker get hurt. She stumbled a bit. Her tail feathers were at awkward positions and she had cuts all over her body. Almost everyone was dead.
She growled and shrieked in anger. She was obviously no use to anyone without her pack.
She still had her tracking collar on, so Darien found her in no time. He leapt out of his Jeep and ran over to her. “ What did they do to you? “ He asked softly while stroking her face. Ripple lowly grumbled. “ Can we take you back now? “
Ripple shook her head roughly. This was her mission. She had to do it. “ Will you be alright? “ Darien asked her. Ripple looked into his eyes without blinking. Darien paused, and then nodded. “ Alright, But be careful. “ He told her.
It’s that Ripple was jogging through the forest again, a little unsteadily, but surely. She will try a different tatic this time.
Once the Utahraptor was out of sight, Darien whipped out his radio. “ We need to track her at the lab. We can’t risk anymore lives. “
Ripple was closing in on her fugitive. Before he could attack her, she started to talk. “ Wait! I won’t attack you this time! I just need you to answer some questions. “

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage heard the steps again. That Utahraptor was really getting on his nerves. He turned to her and tried to open his jaws to swallow her whole, but then he heard her talking, "How can I trust you?" He said as he threateningly glared at her. Sage never trusted anyone. But he knew this was a Utahraptor. Raptors were smart. They wouldn't just drive themselves to their death, but they were all wickedly intelligent, "I don't trust anyone. I'm on a mission, but I'm not telling you about it, let alone tell you anything." He grunted as he got his snout up close and showed his teeth to her, threateningly, "Either you grow a back bone and disobey those humans - I don't even know how they got you to Obe them in he first place - or you can just run away, or die right here." He grunted a bit loudly.

"Got it? Or...?" He showed his teeth again.

Ripple Cooley looked at him. “ Seriously? Who do you think I’m gonna tell about your mission? The humans? I can’t speak their tongue. “ She said. She wasn’t fazed by this dinosaur’s big teeth. She was smaller and quicker than him. It was simple for her to dodge.
“ And I’m not going against the humans. They have cared for me all my life. I was born in their labs. Along with the rest of my pack. I have a home, food, company. I’m allowed to roam the island too if I choose. If you have the humans trust, you have your life served to you. “ She reasoned.
“ Now, when I see a crazy hybrid such as yourself killing them, I usually won’t get too mad. Humans die everyday. “ Ripple said, and shrugging her shoulders to the best of her abilitiy.
“ But let me make this clear to you. You touch MY human, you’re bringing the wrath of 7 Utahraptors down upon you. “ She growled.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage snarled, "That's all you're here for? If those are the 'questions' you're talking about...," He said, "THEN I DON'T GIVE TWO DAMNS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR HUMAN!" He roared at her face, the wind from his roar pushed her back as much as it could, "I'll leave you be. You and the others aren't my targets. Though, what I did all those times back there was self defence. I don't need no human to set me free, I have other people to care the about." He said as he looked upwards at a huge tower. The Crest. That was the island people's calling for it. There lived the rulers of the island. Sage acknowledged them as when he was in an egg, and then while hatching, he saw them commanding everyone to cage Sage, "Now, I guess I'll leave. Keep in mind, I'll defend myself if anyone gets in my way. Dinosaurs, humans, anything. I've never trusted anyone in my life." He grunted, "I'll kill anyone if I have to." He then left off, his huge steps echoing as he went. He was soon out of sight as the dense trees helped him get out of sight. "All I want..," He said to himself,

"is to be free."

Ripple cast one last glance at the hybrid and turned away. He wasn’t worth her time. They were on an island, where would he go?
She jogged back to headquarters to meet Darien. “ Hey, Ripple. Are you alright? “ She made a chirping noise, indicating that she was fine. Darien nodded in relief. “ Good. That was a large hybrid. I saw on your tracker that you were with it, but you came back. What happened?? “
Ripple looked down at the ground and scratched at it with her claws. “ Was he too dangerous? “ Ripple chirped again.
Darien brought Ripple into her pen and tossed her a large steak. “ There you go. You deserve a treat. “
He then walked into the control room. “ This dinosaur is very dangerous. We need to act immediately.”

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Sage looked at the sun. It was about to be night time. He wanted to secure a place to hide and go to sleep. He went behind the tower, and then looked at a large cave, enough for his size. He encountered a mother and her son, they screamed in fear. Sage paid no mind to them, and just walked past them. He cared about nobody other than those who got in his way, and the ruler of the island. The two mentioned son and daughter ran away. Sage huddled down into the cave and just went to sleep.
~×●=●×~
Name : Nierax Xaglyntonn
Personality : Cruel, Intelligent, Controlling, Wicked, Uncaring and Hurtful. Can be envious sometimes.
Appearance : Has tanned skin, Green eyes, Long, messy black hair, has crowing marks on his forehead and wrinkles around his eyes. He has bags under his eyes. He usually wears a black Cape, with a high tier ranger costume. He has a cybernetic arm. He has a long scar throughout his face.
Other : He has had two wives once and soon divorced with both of them.
~×●=●×~​
Neirax stormed through the lab room Darien was in, "How could you! You let a hybrid escape, and now the whole park's in danger!" He pushed Darien, "AND, you had your pathetic Utahraptor fail a mission! Great! So pathetically impudent!" He scowled at Darien. He then stormed off and looked at Darien, "This is your first strike! Three more and you're fired, but we're going to execute that Utahraptor tomorrow!" He scowled at him again. He then stormed off, while slamming the door in Darien's face.
*Sage POV*
Before Sage slept, he heard some guests talking behind the tower. They said that they got word, Ripple, the only Utahraptor in the park, was going to be executed tomorrow. 'Must be the ruler's orders.' Sage thought. Tomorrow. Sage was preparing some....'plans' for this.

(Don't worry, Ripple will be saved.)

Darien looked stunned, and so did everyone else in the room. He would be heartbroken if Ripple died. He needed her, she was his only friend on this island.
Ripple was once again playing in her habitat. She was swinging a ball around with her tail.
Darien burst into the room and Ripple immediately sensed his distress. She made her way over to him. Darien signaled for her to lean her head down and she did.
“ Ripple... I have horrible news..” He started as he pet the Utahraptor. “ My boss, Nierax Xaglyntonn is.....is executing you tomorrow. “ He couldn’t bring himself to say anymore as he broke down in sobs.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
It was still daylight by then. Sage woke up from his nap. He yawned quietly, and started making his way through the, now empty, island. All the dinosaurs he'd freed had now been asleep. He was looking for the Utahraptor enclosure. He then saw a sign saying 'KEEP OUT : UTAHRAPTOR ENCLOSURE AHEAD', "Guess this is where it is." He grunted. He started making his way there. He then saw in his path large fences, as long as he was. "Hmm.."
He then used his horns and charged in, destroying the fence while roaring loudly, and looking at the sobbing Darien and Ripple. He ran towards them, grabbing both of them, in his hand, making sure his claws were away from them. He threw them upwards, and mad sure they landed on his back.
He glared at both of them, while snickering. The alarm bell rang, as 12 rangers got outside and got their guns ready. They started shooting at Sage. Sage felt annoyed, and scowled at them, launching them all into a wall with his tail. Sage then ran outside the enclosure, "You owe me for this." He told Ripple, he was sure he couldn't communicate with the human.
"NO, no, no!!!" Shouted Neirax, as he pulled his hair in anger.
Sage knew a place in the island, where he could hide safely with Ripple and Darren, he was quickly running as fast as he could. The bad thing was, his footsteps were making large noise, but he was walking on metallic floors until now, so there were no footprints, "I know my armor layer is rough, but now's not the time to make a gigantic saddle." He grunted to himself.

Ripple hissed in alarm when Sage flipped Darien and her onto his back. It was uncomfortable for her, but she didn’t dare complain. She glanced back at Darien and could tell he was silently freaking out. Ripple nudged him with her tail to tell him it was alright.
She then faced Sage. “ Thank you. I was going to be killed if you didn’t rescue us. But, um... where are we going??? “

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Where they don't find us." He then ran as quick quick as quick as he could, and arrived at the coastal area of the island. He found a cave. A cave dark enough for them to be out of sight, "We're not gonna stay here for long. They'll find us on for sure, we need to act quick." Sage grunted as he put them down, "......," He stayed quiet as he lied down, "It's Sage." He said as he went to sleep.

"THEY'VE ESCAPED! WE NEED TO GET THEM NOW, OR ELSE-!" Neirax shut himself up. He then quickly took out a flask out of his pocket and started drinking from it, "Much better. Okay, let's rest for now, it's evening. We won't find them in the dark. You're all dismissed." He said to all the rangers as they walked out of the room, "Hmm. Interesting. A tamed dinosaur and a human, as well as a hybrid." He said to himself, as he had a glint of annoyance in his eyes. This was harder than anything he had experienced, during his time as the ruler of the island.

Ripple welcomed the feeling of earth beneath her feet. She looked up at Sage. Not too long ago, he was trying to kill her, and she was trying to capture him. He also hated humans. So why did he save them?
“ I’m Ripple, and this is my caretaker Darien. “
Darien was also confused. This was a wild dinosaur, who’s killed at least thirty people today.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Before Sage slept, he opened one eye, "See? It's as I told you, I only kill my enemies; I have no reason to kill both you." He then slept for real. When he closed both his eyes, a 'third eyelid membrane was also closed. It was something reptiles had to protect their eyes.

Neirax went to the controlling management room. He opened up files of Sage, Ripple and Darren, and collecting all data and information from them. He also added new information, which was more insults than information.

Ripple nodded and layed down, with her tail wrapping around her body. Darien crawled next to her. He was cold in this cave.Before closing her eyes, Ripple wrapped her tail around Darien to keep him warm.
They were good friends. If Ripple saw no need to attack this dinosaur, then Darien trusted him too.

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
It was morning. Sage woke up and saw Darien and Ripple sleeping. He rolled his eyes, and started walking through the cave. He then got out, and went to the beach. He walked off through the water a bit, and looked to the horizon. He wondered what could be beyond this island, beyond these waters. He knew the answer. Freedom. But he didn't know what freedom had in store for him. He grunted, and put his snout in the water, and grabbed some salmons and brown trout. He got more of those fish by his hands too. He walked to the cave, and dropped the fishes on Darien and Ripple to wake them up. "Wake up, sleepy heads, you need to eat, we can't attack the headquarters on an empty stomach." He grunted, as he got a handful of fish, and put them into his mouth, and gulped the fish down. He knew Darien would understand him, so Sage asked Ripple to translate to him, by her actions or something. He threw some wood, on Darien's lap. He knew he wasn't going to eat the fish raw. He walked past them, and guarded the cave.

Ripple and Darien jolted awake. Darien was surprised to find the fish in fromt of them. Ripple was not. She looked over at Sage. “ Thanks. “ She said simply.
She looked at Darien, who seemed confused about the whole situation. Ripple nudged a salmon towards him. Darien picked it up.
Ripple took a bite out of her own fish. Darien started a fire and cooked the salmon.
He didn’t know what to think.