• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Johto: The New Gym Leaders (Signups/Discussion)

Hey! This is a sequel to the roleplay Kanto: The New Gym Leaders, fortunately for you, there isn`t much you need to know

• Kanto has a few new gym leaders, (This image is sorta outdated)
    654202_upload_2018-8-9_17-52-17.png
  • There may be some cameo`s from these characters if anyone from the previous series want`s to join
Rules are:
  1. Pokecharms global and rp rules, people usually think these are simpler than they actually are
  2. I would prefer you don`t take any of the eight types from the original series (Ice, Psychic, Water, Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Fairy) Though if you really want to I won`t stop you
  3. Only one rper per type
  4. You must never catch a pokemon that isn`t of your gym type, unless they evolve into that type and eventually they do (So you can catch an eevee and evolve it into a jolteon if your electric), you also may not evolve a pokemon which loses it`s type from evolution (So no, normal trainers may not use altaria because of swablu) this rule doesn`t apply to mega evolutions (So if your a fairy leader, going back to altaria you may not use it as you might not get mega perms for it and it isn`t gonna always be a fairy)
  5. You may start with a single starter and a reserved pokemon so nobody can get the species, I may make exceptions if for an example your starters are plusle and minun, or nidoran male and female (So if they are in a duo)
  6. This is a very diverse johto, you can catch any species as long as it`s in a logical environment
  7. I would prefer when we have dual types that no two people have the same pokemon
  8. Mega evolution, (And z-moves if you have a good explanation of how you got them) are encouraged, though obviously you still need to read the mega evolution and z-move rules
  9. This rp happens a year after Gold and Silver, and two years after The original new gyms rp
  10. Fakemon are allowed as long as you give a good description and you only have one in your team
657334_trainercard-Flynn.png
656588_trainercard-Ace.png
656955_trainercard-Scythe.png
656942_upload_2018-8-19_9-46-24.png
656991_trainercard-Echo.png
657332_trainercard-Lucas.png
656978_trainercard-Levi.png

653874_trainercard-Abbey.png
652824_trainercard-Mickey.png
651707_trainercard-Christopher.png
653710_trainercard-Asteria.png
648062_trainercard-Micheal.F.png
651058_trainercard-Gary.png
649052_trainercard-Brian.png
654710_trainercard-Validus.png

Here`s mine
Name: Flynn
Hometown: Canalave city (Sinnoh)
Starter: Gligar
Reserved: Bagon Line
Type:Flying
Appearance: Short Blonde Hair, White Jacket, Shorts (See trainer card)
Personality: Cheerful, exited and full of energy, looks on the bright side of things
Trainer Card:
656473_trainercard-Flynn.png

Other: He was friends with Christopher (Kanto Steel Gym) as a child, he is Flynn`s role model

I`ll start the actual thread once we have a few signups, we are only gonna allow eight people
8/8

I think I got everything, so start sending in those bios!

Rpers:
657334_trainercard-Flynn.png
656955_trainercard-Scythe.png
656942_upload_2018-8-19_9-46-24.png
656991_trainercard-Echo.png
656978_trainercard-Levi.png

Also Alica Coret.

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Name:Kyle
Hometown:Slateport City (Hoenn)
Starter:Scyter
Reserved:IDK
Type:Bug
Appearance:Black hair with green bolt on left side. Green eyes. Not too tall,normal weight. Always wearing shorts and T-shirt white/green colour.
Personality:Always ready to competite, always wanted to be better than his brother. He is brave and kind but not too smart
Trainer Card:when I make it
Other:He is Mickey's (Pallet Town water gym leader)young brother

Name: Ace
Hometown city: Pewter city
Starter: Swablu
Reserved: Hydregion, Dragale, Turtonator, Garchomp and Kommo-o
Type: Dragon
Appearance:Ace has a black cap with orange pilot goggles, black hair, pale skin, a large burn going from ace's neck to elbow, big black jacket,Orange singlet, Big black belt with yellow metal, Black long pants and brown boots.
Personality: Quiet, smart, calm but has no boundaries and will just point stuff out.
Trainer card:

Other: He is a great pilot, Stuff I'll PM to @NerdySquirtle

Name: Scythe
Hometown:Goldenrod City
Starter: Zorua
Reserved:Umbreon, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Honchcrow, Bisharp
Type: dark
Appearance: He looks younger than he actually is, he have Red eyes and white hair. Wears Blue hoodie and black jeans. He walks around with big plastic scythe.
Personality: He likes to scare new meet people but he is a nice guy and he always want help his friends.
Trainer card:
trainercard-Scythe .png

Last edited:
I didn’t see this RP for a little while, but I hope it kicks off quickly and doesn’t die out as much as it did last time.

Name: Echo
Hometown: Malie City, Ula’Ula Island, Alola.
Starter(Basic Form, Only One, doesn`t need to be real starter pokemon): Honedge
Reserved(A pokemon which you don`t want other people to use because you are going to, optional): Lampent Line
Type: Ghost
Appearance: glasses and purple cloak.
Personality: Little bit of a nerd, who likes to read in the forbidden sections of libraries.
Trainer Card(Optional): Check my profile.
Age(Optional, should be around fifteen): 14
Other(Optional): Related to Acerola and her royal Alolan Family line.

Just a quick thing before I go to night class for a bit, I would like to reserve the fire type. (I will have the bios ready soon once I get back in a little after finishing with class.)

(I might not be very active until this Friday, but I do hope I can still join)

Name: Levi
Hometown: Shalour City (Kalos)
Starter: Buneary
Reserved: Drampa, Pyroar
Type: Normal
Appearance: Black hair and Black eyes, wears a Black t-shirt under a Red unzipped hoodie, Brown jeans and Red trainers.
Personality: He is very friendly, equally confident and laid back. Loves Pokemon more than anything.
Trainer card: (It's on my profile page; Idk how to copy it over with my phone)
Other: He is an expert skateboarder.

Last edited:
Now the only types left are electric, rock and poison. I expect when someone else joins this they`ll probably take electric seeing as that is a popular type (I would of thought it would of been taken by now)

I don’t think it makes sense. In HGSS when you could battle all 16, they all had different types (I think), so we should all have different types. We can reuse those characters a little anyways. And we can use those types when we go to Hoenn, which will be awesome.

Name: TJ
Hometown: Sunnyshore City (Sinnoh)
Starter: Eevee (soon to be Jolteon
Reserved: Pikachu
Type: Electric
Appearance: Yellow, spikey hair, blue green eyes, white t-shirt, yellow hoodie, black leather jacket, black jeans, and black and white shoes.
Personality: Smart and Determined
Trainer Card:

Attachments

• trainercard-TJ.png
    trainercard-TJ.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 46
Now the only types left are electric, rock and poison. I expect when someone else joins this they`ll probably take electric seeing as that is a popular type (I would of thought it would of been taken by now)
Funny, I didn't read anything after the character bio until after I posted mine, and you predicted exactly what I was gonna choose :D

Alright, finally finished with everything. Note that the Fakemon character of mine is not restricted to using their primary moves, as they are simply the four moves they use more than others in combat.

Name:
Her name is Alica Coret.
Hometown: Ankoria City, Camtonia (A fan made region of mine, see me for more information.)
Starter: Cyndaquil N⁰ (See the Pokémon bio below for more information.)
Reserved: Magby Line
Type: [type]Fire[/type]
Appearance: Alica stands at the height of 4'9" or about roughly 145 centimeters. She has fair skin, brown eyes and braided black hair in the style of a side bun. She wears a one piece, sleeveless gray skater dress and black converse shoes each having a single pearl near the toe cap. She wears a tan, continental rucksack that holds some items of necessity, personal articles and other miscellaneous items while also having other objects that she sells to others in exchange for money or other valuable items. Due to the absence of a Pokédex in the laboratory of her region for some time, her father modified her childhood plush toy of a baby Skarmory to have the functions of multiple conventional machines into one. The plushie sits on her right shoulder, as it is able to speak in the voice of a young Skarmory and also fly around if needed. It serves the purposes of a map, guider, Pokédex and many more that will be discovered in the RP.
Personality: Alica is active and outgoing. She loves to explore new places while finding any lost loot from folklore or other people that she received favors from. Although she may be stern from others from time to time, she usually is serious to assert her leadership and to make sure that everyone puts their foot forward. She doesn't always back out like a typical girl in a horror movie would, and will often do what it takes to ensure victory for the next battle to come, even if it costs her some precious items.
Trainer Card: Not applicable due to using a Fakemon, and there are no sprites that match the character.

Name: His name is currently unknown, but might be revealed in the RP sooner or later. (Though he is often referred to as Cyndaquil for the purpose of convenience.)
Species: Cyndaquil N⁰ / Neutron Mouse Pokémon
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does look a bit young even for his age.
Type: [type]Fire[/type] [type]Psychic[/type]
Ability: Fission (Damage is halved for each consecutive attack the Pokémon takes in a turn, up to a maximum of three stacks.)
Appearance: The body of Cyndaquil N⁰ is primarily a shade of snowy white, with the flames on his back now being a pale powder blue. His underside is now an ivory white, with the four spots on his back now in the shade of baby blue. The single claw on each foot is now a light shade of daisy white, though he still seems to lack any claws on his small arms though. Due to the somewhat higher temperatures of his body, he wears a sky blue, cooling scarf around his neck.
Personality: Cyndaquil N⁰ is rather timid around others, since he hardly ever talks due to his voice that still sounds like a neonate's. He tends to express himself through telepathy while communicating his anger through the use of his moves, as it is hard for him to reason with others due to a lack of social experience. He also has a tendency to fall asleep more than a typical person would due to his somewhat dense body requiring more energy to properly maintain itself throughout the day.
Primary Moves: Bashing Blow, Particle Breath, Neutrino Blast, Graviton Slam.
Fakemon Creator: Me
Poké Browser Entry A: "There are many theories as to how Cyndaquil N⁰ was created, though no one truly knows how it was born. Some say it was made from a collapsed Typhlosion in the midst of a great battle, while others think it was created from an exploding star far in another galaxy."
Poké Browser Entry B: "It is often seen sleeping in dark, warm areas when at rest. The searing flames on its back often erupt if it is disturbed, and are hot enough to melt titanium with ease."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Condition: Tough
Category: Physical
Power: 30
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 20
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: The user strikes the target with a quick blow, which may cause the target to flinch, interrupting the target's action and not allowing the target to execute any moves if the target has not acted yet.
Effects: Has a 50% chance of inflicting flinch on the target.
Type: [type]Psychic[/type]
Condition: Cute
Category: Special
Power: 60
Power Points: 15
Target: All allies and enemies in range, including self
Range: 5 Meters
Description: The user unleashes an incredible blasts of subatomic particles at the target. The particles damages enemies, but heals allies however. Additionally, it may inflict a random debuff on enemies and/or lifting the effects of a random debuff on allies.
Effects: Has a 30% chance of inflicting a random status condition or removing a random debuff on the target, whether it is an ally or an enemy.
Type: [type]Fire[/type]
Condition: Beautiful
Category: Special (Signature Move)
Power: 20 x 7
Accuracy: 80%
Power Points: 5
Target: All enemies in range, random targeting
Range: 15 Meters
Description: The user unleashes a powerful salvo of various, searing particles of light at the target, using a combination of subatomic force and gravity. The target may be inflicted with burn and/or parch status condition.
Effects: Has a 25% chance of inflicting burn (Target has lower attack stat, HP drains 1/16 every turn), or parch (Target has 200% Fire-based damage vulnerability) every time the move hits.
Type: [type]Psychic[/type]
Condition: Clever
Category: Special
Power: 90
Power Points: 15
Target: Single Enemy
Range: 10 Meters
Description: The target is hit with a violent quantum of gravitational energy. Critical hits land more easily.
Effects: No secondary effects on the target.

(Oh hell nah am I getting Electric, cus Poison types got the best designs except for that pile of Goop that Nintendo got lazy with)

Name: Lucas
Hometown: Verdanturf Town, Hoenn
Starter(Basic Form, Only One, doesn`t need to be real starter pokemon): Skrelp
Reserved(A pokemon which you don`t want other people to use because you are going to, optional): N/A
Type: Poison
Appearance: Lucas is a short boy, he's a little lower than the average teenage height, he wears a colorful striped jacket covering a blue T-Shirt, the jacket had hot colors like red, yellow and green. he wears a pair of jeans everytime he travels and a pair of black sneakers, he has a yellow-ish skin tone, blue eyes and brown straight hair. He brings his bag with him everywhere he goes containing things he needs, the bag is green colored.
Personality: Lucas is very energetic, always training his Pokemon and exercise. He's very friendly, willing to help anyone in need and make new friends. He likes to hang around in quiet areas, playing with his Pokemon and studying. But he doesn't like traveling to places he doesn't know much about, being at a new place makes him nervous sometimes, he's also easy to get emotional in some situations. But all of that aside, when necessary he always steps up to help or take the lead, helping everyone first then himself later.
Trainer Card(Optional):
Age(Optional, should be around fifteen): 16
Other(Optional): N/A

(You know ? I could've found a better sprite but :p TOO LAZY)