• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Just seeing how much interest there would be in this...

This is for those graphically competent, and those not as well (see bottom of explanation) :)

On some other forums with a major graphics section not unlike this one, some threads I've seen floating around are whats called a "sig battle".

Basically, it involves two or more artists meeting up in said thread. They decide on any restrictions that they might place upon them. For example, they may restrict size and say that they can only use images based around fire. They might say you can do what you like, but it must include this render. You might just have it themed on rollerskates.

Then the artists go off, whip up their impression of the criteria and return with their result.

Here is where the rest of the forum comes in ;)

A poll is put up to see which is liked the most, and the most votes is the winner! The winner wins.... winny... stuff... yeah. :D

So, I'm considering opening a thread here in our Artworks forum (checked with admins if anyone has doubts/issues), and I figured that I'd see if anyone would be up for it rather than making one and no one turn up :p

Thoughts? I know Jeydis has made sigs in the past... not so much on here, but I've browsed your photobucket account so to speak ;) Not putting you on the spot here or anything.

On a slightly related note, some forums also run a Sig of the Week/Month/whatever in a similar manner.

Sprited?

This isn't based around spriting as such :p

If you meant sigging, it doesn't matter as such. At the end of the day, the 'public'... if you will, decide.