• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join KAN: CASE FILE# 0001

REDACTED FAMILY HAS HIRED THE COMPANY TO INVESTIGATE THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A MISSING CHILD. CHILD’S GENDER IS MALE, AGE SIX, BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, WHITE COMPLEXION, RESPONDS TO THE NAME LIAM. CHILD LAST SEEN NEAR THE CAVERN MOUTH OF MOUNT MOON, CERULEAN CITY SIDE. DAYS MISSING, THREE

PERSONAL NOTES: THE FAMILY HAS PROVIDED A TOY WITH LIAM’S SCENT ON IT. DESPITE THE SCENT TRAIL FOR HOUNDOUR TO FOLLOW, I DO NOT EXPECT TO FIND THE CHILD, AT LEAST NOT ALIVE. TWO NIGHTS IN THE ZUBAT INFESTED CAVERNS OF MOUNT MOON DOES NOT BODE WELL.

Ooc information: Wyatt has been hired to search for a young boy named Liam who had gone missing in the depths of Mount Moon. During this adventure the participants will encounter swarms of Zubats, amongst other threats. Due to a lack of a dm we will be using dice rolls to determine density of swarms, effectiveness of attacks, and other important actions. This is a break down and sign up for the first event! This is the first of the case files for Aberforth’s detective agency and is set in a more grim alternate reality of the Pokémon universe. If anyone is interested please feel free to sign up here!

REDACTED FAMILY HAS HIRED THE COMPANY TO INVESTIGATE THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A MISSING CHILD. CHILD’S GENDER IS MALE, AGE SIX, BROWN HAIR, BROWN EYES, WHITE COMPLEXION, RESPONDS TO THE NAME LIAM. CHILD LAST SEEN NEAR THE CAVERN MOUTH OF MOUNT MOON, CERULEAN CITY SIDE. DAYS MISSING, THREE

PERSONAL NOTES: THE FAMILY HAS PROVIDED A TOY WITH LIAM’S SCENT ON IT. DESPITE THE SCENT TRAIL FOR HOUNDOUR TO FOLLOW, I DO NOT EXPECT TO FIND THE CHILD, AT LEAST NOT ALIVE. TWO NIGHTS IN THE ZUBAT INFESTED CAVERNS OF MOUNT MOON DOES NOT BODE WELL.

Ooc information: Wyatt has been hired to search for a young boy named Liam who had gone missing in the depths of Mount Moon. During this adventure the participants will encounter swarms of Zubats, amongst other threats. Due to a lack of a dm we will be using dice rolls to determine density of swarms, effectiveness of attacks, and other important actions. This is a break down and sign up for the first event! This is the first of the case files for Aberforth’s detective agency and is set in a more grim alternate reality of the Pokémon universe. If anyone is interested please feel free to sign up here!

Im absolutely enamored with the idea of a ‘mature’ perspective on the Pokémon world, and have been slowly building up countless ideas myself. Needless to say, I’m interested.

Out of curiosity- do you have any significant details about Aberforth’s Detective Agency you’d be willing to talk about? Mostly general information like how well they’re known, public history, etc.

Are there any significant changes to this world in comparison to its canon counterpart?
And speaking of- what is this an alternate timeline of?
The anime/manga world (where any Pokémon can become immensely powerful with the right training)
or the game world (a Pokémon’s potential is solely determined by stats)

Last edited:
Im absolutely enamored with the idea of a ‘mature’ perspective on the Pokémon world, and have been slowly building up countless ideas myself. Needless to say, I’m interested.

Out of curiosity- do you have any significant details about Aberforth’s Detective Agency you’d be willing to talk about? Mostly general information like how well they’re known, public history, etc.

Are there any significant changes to this world in comparison to its canon counterpart?
And speaking of- what is this an alternate timeline of?
The anime/manga world (where any Pokémon can become immensely powerful with the right training)
or the game world (a Pokémon’s potential is solely determined by stats)

Hi, there are some changes in this world on comparison to the canon timeline. I don’t want to go into too much details but I’ve pulled inspiration from the original manga so far as criminal enterprises but intend to turn it up a notch or two. In continuation with that idea, it’s more closely aligned with the manga/anime where (almost) any Pokémon can become powerful with time and training.

These adventures are going to start out more as episodic casual investigative cases before they really pick up into a coherent regional story.

For more info on Wyatt and his agency, feel free to send me a pm!