• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

League table not a table anymore, and battling lists

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Even though the tables Ruko did up looked great, we've decided to go with an easier option (SMF tables are just too nightmareish for some people to work with). My suggestion is somerthing basic like this:

League Competitor #1| Wins:_____ | Ties:_____ | Loses:_____ | Total Points:_____ |
League Competitor #2| Wins:_____ | Ties:_____ | Loses:_____ | Total Points:_____ |
League Competitor #3| Wins:_____ | Ties:_____ | Loses:_____ | Total Points:_____ |
League Competitor #4| Wins:_____ | Ties:_____ | Loses:_____ | Total Points:_____ |

Pretty simple stuff, but it gets the job done. This could be easily spruced up, too.

Now, the battling lists. This comes from a comment Fuman made awhile back about how confusing it could get trying to keep track of all of your various matches. This is my proposal to help manage the situation, and I'll use our currently registered Competitive Battling League members as an example:

LoN's Battle List: Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Magpie's Battle List: LoN, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

RedRising's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Balakai's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Shocari's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Kalseng's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, DoctorOak

DoctorOak Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng

They'd roughly look like this at the beginning of the season, and as the season progressed we'd be striking out names on your list each time you battled someone new. Example:

LoN's Battle List: Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Magpie's Battle List: LoN, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

RedRising's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Balakai's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Shocari's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Kalseng's Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, DoctorOak

DoctorOak Battle List: LoN, Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng

Simple, eh? Let's you quickly remember who you've battled and who you haven't yet.

Now, here's the nice part about not using a table. We can either keep these battle lists directly under each competitor's scores, or keep them in a separate post. I've put one example of a potential set-up in the next post down, but willing to take suggestions.

As of now the staff feels that it's best if we control the lists instead of having other members edit theirs, but this might change in the future.

So. Questions, comments, curses? Share any thoughts you have.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe we could set things up like this:

RedRising
Wins:_____ | Ties:_____ | Loses:_____ | Total Points:_____
Battle List: LoN, Magpie, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

LoN
Battle List: Magpie, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

Magpie
Battle List: LoN, RedRising, Balakai, Shocari, Kalseng, DoctorOak

... and so on.

Just a thought. Whatever looks and works best is what I'd like to use.

Personally, I'm a fan of what you have in the second post - it combines both concepts very neatly I think. Each competitor needs to only look at their own section to find out information relating to them, and not have to scout themselves out across multiple posts.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Really liking the table in your second post, Katie. Everything is simple and easy to read for quick checking of battles and scores. Simple, yet it works very well. Very nicely done. -^^-

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Loving that second table, it does like rather nice and simple as well as providing all the necessary information :D

The lists with strikethroughs are a good idea too, again keeping the information setup nice and simple~

I'll wait to see an example before I voice an opinion on whether or not the lists should be directly under each competitor's scores, or kept in a separate post, even though from what I've seen, I'm sure either way will look rather dashing ;D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the quick replies you guys :D

I like that second set-up, too, so that'll probably be what we go with this time 'round.