• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Little Cup Showdown 2014 Battle Thread

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
lcRIolu_zps1b82c347.jpg

Here's the official battle thread for the Little Cup Showdown. All battle results are to be posted here and here you will find the battle brackets and matchups what-have-you. Matchups will be updated once both players have updated the thread, so even if you lose you still need to post here and confirm it.

First things first, the rules: This tournament will be a knockout rounds tournament, and each matchup will be best 2 out of 3, so in order to progress to the next round you must beat your opponent in two battles to win the match. Last person standing is Little Cup Champion, and will win themselves a Little Cup-related forum title.

So without further ado, courtesy of my random number generator, here are the matchups for Round 1:

SparkyLewis949 vs Aurora Beam
CreeperNinjaGamer vs LatiasMusic
Steveplays vs Luxray901
Skyheart42
vs Dwayna Dragonfire
Jeydis
vs Psycho Monkey
Jason59707
vs Shiny_Umbreon
UmbralHero
vs Rex
SpaxThePacifist vs AzureEdge

ROUND 2

CreeperNinjaGamer vs Jeydis
Shiny_Umbreon vs SparkyLewis949
Dwayna Dragonfire vs UmbralHero
SpaxThePacifist
vs Steveplays

ROUND 3

Jeydis vs Dwayna Dragonfire
Steveplays
vs -BYE-

FINAL

Steveplays vs Dwayna Dragonfire

CHAMPION

Dwayna Dragonfire

I am aware that there have been some difficulties in accessing the forums lately. With that in mind, the deadline for these matchups has been extended slightly to January 10th 2015. If anyone has not completed their battles by then, the least active player will be disqualified. Do note as well that if you are having trouble contacting your opponent, make sure you update me by posting here saying so, otherwise if I receive no notification from you that you've attempted to contact your opponent, I'll assume you are not active either and you'll be disqualified as well. Players who drop out at this stage without any good reason (and I'll decide if the reason is good or not) or become inactive now will not be eligible for future tournaments, so keep that in mind.
Regarding battle replays: Do not post them in this thread, send them to me via private message. I don't want everyone seeing each other's teams as I know some players would feel put out by having their team given away against their will, so to avoid this happening I'd like any battle replays PM'd to me. Also, don't reply to the reminder message with your replays either. This will again reveal the replays to every single other player, which defeats the purpose of PM'ing me the replays in the first place. Anyone violating this rule will be disqualified from whatever battle they committed the offense in, which in this case would knock you out of the tournament outright. Please keep this in mind.

Pokemon Showdown link for you all to use for your battles is here:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

...and if you're not sure on some of the team-building rules and whatnot, the old topic is here:

http://pokecharms.com/threads/little-cup-showdown-2014-signups.10899/

Battle away, and may the best player win.

Last edited:
@KoL Hey, on the signups confirmation thing, I said that I was out, but I still got matched up with someone... So... I'm not really sure what to do about that... I mean, I guess I could just do the battle anyway if there's nothing else that can be done about it...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since you've explained the situation via PM I'll drop you and let Dway go through.

Next time don't just edit your PM and expect me to see it, because I won't ever see what you've done in a conversation as big as that one since it doesn't notify me of edits.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since a lot of people have missed it, I've bolded out the part that states that all matches are best 2 out of 3.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Time is now up.

Since Jason59707 and Stormfang failed to respond to the reminder they are both barred from future tournaments.

Even though you won the first battle LatiasMusic, your Wi-Fi going down means you weren't able to complete the other two games, so CreeperNinjaGamer goes through. Since you had a reason for being unable to battle, I'll let it slide.

UmbralHero and SparkyLewis949: I'm not sure how you and your opponents missed the Best 2 out of 3 rule since not only was it at the top of the first post so you shouldn't be skim-reading past it, but Psycho Monkey quite clearly confirmed in his post that it was best 2 out of 3 as well. You've both gone through as you won 1-0, but if either of you does this again in the next round(s) you'll be immediately disqualified.

Round 2 is up soon, and I expect it to be done by January 20th 2015.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm still waiting for a response from @Jeydis @CreeperNinjaGamer @SpaxThePacifist @Shiny_Umbreon and @SpaxThePacifist as there is now only one day left to finish your matches and I've not heard a thing from any of you. Outside of Dwayna and UmbralHero who have finished their match, Steveplays is the only person who has said a word to me since.

I shouldn't have to go this far to not only get more than one match done in a bracket but even get a response out of half the people competing this close to a deadline.

Im still here, and we have scheduled our battles for 6 o'clock EST today, so we should be able to get you the results. Sorry about the confusion, I had a funeral to go to.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since Shiny_Umbreon and SparkyLewis have taken far too long and done far too little noticeable to get their match done, they're both eliminated from the tournament.

Round 3 is now up, deadline is 28th January. As a result of the above and the RNG deciding matchups, Steveplays gets a bye through to the finals.

I keep missing these announcements. Checking up on my opponent now.

EDIT: Match with Dwayna has been completed. 2-0 win for her.

Last edited: