• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Little Cup Showdown 2014 - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
lcRIolu_zps1b82c347.jpg

As decided by everyone (who voted) Little Cup Showdown will be our final tournament of 2014. Since no-one likes a long-ass intro here's the rules:

- All Pokemon used MUST be the base form of their evolution lines as of Gen VI. For example, Pichu would be the base form of its line, NOT Pikachu. Pokemon that have no evolutions at all such as Skarmory cannot be used. Basically, if it has evolved from something else at all, or has no evolutions in its line at all, you can't use it.
- All Pokemon used must be no higher than Lv.5.

That's Little Cup in a nutshell, as for the more specific rules:

- No two Pokemon on a team can have the same National Pokedex number.
- No two Pokemon can be put to sleep at the same time on a team. Self-inflicted sleep through Rest and randomly-inflicted Sleep by Effect Spore do not count towards this.
- The moves Double-Team and Minimize are banned from use, as is the ability Moody.
- The moves Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill and Guillotine are banned from use.
- The moves Sonic Boom and Dragon Rage are banned from use.

Also, the following Pokemon are banned from use:

- Gligar
- Sneasel
- Scyther
- Swirlix
- Tangela
- Yanma
- Meditite
- Murkrow
- Misdreavus

All battles will take place on the battle simulator Pokemon Showdown, which can be accessed via the following link:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Players have until December 22nd to prepare and sign up. The format used for the tournament will depend on the number of people who sign up, as always. Finally, this thread is for sign-ups and queries only, anything else posted will be considered SPAM.

I think that's everything, so sign-ups away.

SIGNUPS:

- Dwayna Dragonfire
- CreeperNinjaGamer
- Jason59707
- SpaxThePacifist
- SparkyLewis949
- Jeydis
- LatiasMusic
- UmbralHero
- Steveplays
- Shiny_Umbreon
- Rex
- AzureEdge
- Aurora Beam
- Skyheart42
- Psycho Monkey
- Luxray901

Last edited:

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Count me in to be destroyed, people :?
P.S. This is my first 'Charms tourney, but I read the rules like 15 times before signing up, OK?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Signups updated, and anything that's not an outright signup or query has been del0rted.

Rex

Resident Furry
I suppose I'll give this a try one last time. It's not like I wasn't pushing for an LC Showdown Tourney for the longest time.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'll join!!!! Have to enter anything pokemon related (Btw how do i get an acount on showdown???)
On play.pokemonshowdown.com there should be a bit on the upper right hand side that allows you to change your name. Then, from the settings button, you have the option to register your name. Currently the site is experiencing technical difficulties so it'll be nearly impossible to register, but hopefully when things calm down you should be able to.

I would love to join, but I don't have a showdown account and the account system doesn't seem to be working. XP Is there another way?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just a pointer: You don't need to say what your Showdown name is. Just tell your opponent when the brackets come up because no-one else needs to know and they won't be reading this thread to find out anyway.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Darn it. I won't have internet access on that day but still i don't feel to bad though cause I'll be at disney land yahl woo hoo!
Tournaments here aren't just on one day - after the sign-ups close, the match-ups get posted and everyone has a week to get them done. As long as you're available at some point during that week, you'll be fine.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If you have any time issues Draco Gengar I can pull strings to accommodate for you if need be. Since it's just a vacation I can't see it being too disruptive.

I'll sign you up tentatively since we should be able to work around your vacation.

Can you use Pokemon that don't evolve but they have a mega-evolution. I'm thinking that the answer is going to be no but if the answer is yes that could change everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.