• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 3: Conclusion: A Close Call

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The roles were as follows:

Mafia 1 (Colichemarde), Escape Artist - Carmen - Death by Taffy - Never used powers

Mafia 1 - RX - Death by Priest

Mafia 1 - Ked - Death by Statue

Mafia 2 (Joyeuse) - Brendan - Death by Mad Bomber

Mafia 2 - Red - Death by Bisection

Mafia 2 - Sem - Death by Happiness

Double Agent, both Mafia - Belle - Death by Ice Cream

Detective - Teapot - Survived

Doctor - Demelza - Death by suffocation

Townsperson, Priest - Katie - Survived

Townsperson, Mad Bomber - Alex - Death by Boiler

Townsperson, Bus Driver - Chad - Death by candles - Never used powers

Townsperson - Dark Soul - Death by Drowning

Townsperson - LoN - Survived

Townsperson - Toru - Death by cows

Townsperson - Jerty - Survived

Townsperson - dafg - Death by Inactivity

Townsperson - Karu - Lynched

Townsperson - shocari - Death by freezing, saw-style

Townsperson - weeds - Death by pesticide

Townsperson - RMA - Death by exhaust fumes

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Re: Mafia Conclusion: A Close Call

Death List

Day One
Lynched
No one.

Day Two
Murdered
-Weeds (Joyeuse)
-Toru (Colichemarde)
Lynched
-Karu

Day Three
Murdered
-Chadwyck (Joyeuse)
-RMA (Colichemarde)
Lynched
-Alex
-Brendan (Mad Bomb)

Day Four
Murdered
-Shocari (Joyeuse)
-DS (Colichemarde)
Lynched
-Sem
-RX (Priest Power)

Day Five
Murdered
-Carmen (Joyeuse)
-Red (Colichemarde)
Lynched
-Belle
Inactivity
-Dafg

Day Six
Murdered
-Demelza (Colichemarde)
Lynched
Ked

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Additional Notes

-The Doctor failed to save anyone this game.
-The Priest used their power to kill rather than revive
-The Bus Driver failed to use their powers before dying
-The Escape Artist never used their power
-The Mad Bomber's Mad Bomb was the first Mafia kill (iirc)
-This game was a lot of fun for me, personally

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

I cannot believe I survived. But yeah, I was the Detective. Basically, I identified five people, in this order:

Day One: Linkachu
Day Two: Brendan
Day Three: Jerty
Day Four: Belle
Day Five: Ked

As you can see, my accusation of Sem was entirely blind - I took a gamble, and it happened to pay off. Getting rid of Belle was much, much tougher: she had been very clever, and had made sure the evidence pointed the wrong way, so getting a bandwagon started for her took some, to be frank, minor scheming with Katie. She was the only one I revealed my identity to, and it paid off: Belle had also made a pass at Katie, and she had very nearly convinced Katie of her innocence.

I must also tip my hat to Katie, who managed to publicly reveal her identity and survive: something wholly unprecedented.

In essence, my survival was 99% luck, and 1% plotting. I shall not speak of my talents: I have none. Just a lucky streak, suitable paranoia, and a knowledge of how this game works.

In closing: This is, of course, the first game of Mafia I've participated in here, and I must congratulate each and every one of you on an absolutely brilliant game. gg, all.

I'll agree that this was a lot of fun. I was more then happy when I found out I was a Townsperson, eliminating any chance I might spoil the game for others again. Nevertheless, I'm going to join the next round with the same old fresh excitement and empty mind, but with a little bit more experience; I managed to survive to Day 4 this time, as opposed to Day 2 in my first game- Who knows, maybe third time's a charm and I'll make it all the way.

Well played, everyone with their respective roles, including the Mafia. At the end of day, we're all still friends and all still completely mad! I take my hat off especially to Belle, who almost managed to win the game on her own, and Katie/Data for making the Townspeople victorious in the end.

I'm lef with one small question, though- Can the Colichemarde tell me just how exactly my death happened within their circle? I lost track of the entirety of happenings around Day Three, and I'm not sure I still understand everything the way I'm supposed to. A simple explanation will sufice- there's most likely nothing more to it anyway :p

Sheesh, you folks dominated this game. Absolutely everything was flawless. Perhaps some of it was luck, but it's clear that we're getting far too good at this game. I wonder if the next game could be a total shutdown.

Well played you peasants, well played.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I'm so glad it's over now. XD

To be completely honest, I was expecting LoN to be the detective, but I half-hoped that Data would have some special role like mafia or mad bomber throughout, because it would be ironic and whatnot if he was.

I'm not too surprised how things turned out, though; doctor healed nobody, like in the previous games, mafia ended up losing because of all the special roles (Brendan by the bomb, which he ironically was last game, RX by Katie's holy powers, Carmen and Red killed each other, and both Belle and Ked were investigated by Data), and Sho was killed by Red's family, and Sho kept overanalyzing everything like usual.

I am surprised that this game was so short, though, compared to the last one. I expected it to last a lot longer, but eh.

Well played, guys. Especially you, Belle, even though you died by lynching. XD

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Fun fact - it's pretty obvious that Belle made Carmen and Red kill each other! Which wasn't the best move, imo, just because she had a lot more to gain from keeping them for at least another day. Instead, her two families went against each other and gave the Townspeople a chance to strike back.

Posting from my phone, so will go into detail later. I just wanted to answer DS's question. Belle and I targeted you to frame Jerty. Belle sabotaging us was the turning point of the game lol. This was a lot of fun, but my only regret was not killing Katie when I had the first inkling.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

It's great that me and Data found a way to trust each other without cheating. Not once was there any PM screen capping (even if for awhile there I was HIGHLY tempted to do so), and that just makes this victory so much more satisfying.

@Alex: I schemed with Sem to kill you off, not because I thought you were guilty - but because we could. |D

@Sem: The day you died was hilarious, and I'm glad we had the opportunity to play it out. Taking your lover out at the same time was the cherry on top. ;D

@Belle: Ilu. Game well played. ♥

Overall I definitely had a lot of fun this game, and it was nice to be able to play for the entirety verses dying first thing like last time. If we do another mafia I probably won't play, but good luck to everyone who does. ^^

Shiny Eevee said:
both Belle and Ked were investigated by Data)

Actually, you can blame Belle for pointing us towards Ked. ;)
She tried to play it off as a lie afterwards, but I had a hunch it was truth. Thankfully, it was~

Yoshimitsu said:
Fun fact - it's pretty obvious that Belle made Carmen and Red kill each other! Which wasn't the best move, imo, just because she had a lot more to gain from keeping them for at least another day. Instead, her two families went against each other and gave the Townspeople a chance to strike back.

Actually, no!
They both decided that night that they were absolutely determined to kill each other off.
Red had been saying for a few days that he was suspicious of the quiet game RX and Carmus were playing, so when Katie struck RX and he did turn out to be mafia he figured he was onto something. I couldn't deny him that kill, he was so driven :c
So later on when Carmen flat-out told me she wanted Red dead, I was kind of floored. I didn't want to lose two family members in one night, especially since it meant that I would be the last of the Joyeuse and left alone with Ked in Colichemarde. I even tried to dissuade Carmen by pointing her towards other suspicious players, but she had made her mind up |D
I couldn't have lined anyone else up that night without making her suspicious, even though she would have died anyway - spirits talk.

Linkachu said:
Actually, you can blame Belle for pointing us towards Ked. ;)
She tried to play it off as a lie afterwards, but I had a hunch it was truth. Thankfully, it was~
I was hoping that I would have been able to get you guys to lynch Ked that night instead of me (sry gurl ilu) - I think doing so would certainly have gained your trust, Katie, and that's all I needed to set LoN up to look like the 'last member' of the Joyeuse, get him lynched, and kill the last two players in the night~
BUT ALAS.
No lone-wolf antics for meeeeeeeee.

That said, good game you guys~
I had a lot of fun ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Belle said:
I was hoping that I would have been able to get you guys to lynch Ked that night instead of me (sry gurl ilu) - I think doing so would certainly have gained your trust, Katie, and that's all I needed to set LoN up to look like the 'last member' of the Joyeuse, get him lynched, and kill the last two players in the night~
BUT ALAS.
No lone-wolf antics for meeeeeeeee.
So, in essence, you would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids? :p

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

XD iluData.

But yes, like Belle said she did not direct me towards killing Carmen. I was suspect of her and RX for a while before I ever tried to take Carmen out. Also, I now get why I was so suspicious of Data. XD You were playing a quiet game for the most part so that you could be the Detective and not draw any attention to you, very interesting. I think it would have been interesting to have been a member of both families like Belle was. :x I would have totally sacrificed somebody in each family through lynching to gain the townsfolk's trust and then run this shit. XP Although people would obviously grow suspicious when somebody that vocal wasn't being killed. >> But by that point I would have been able to kill like six of you, so it would have been worth it. :V

And speaking of Belle controlling me, she totally played me into being suspicious of Sem and pushing hard for his death. She said pretty early on that she "suspected" Sem of being the double agent. A story being that she came into the Mafia chat and Sem was saying that next they should lynch Belle. Stupid me didn't even ask for a log. :x Then she told me her suspicions and I began to watch Sem closer. That compounded with his haphazard manner of playing made his death almost needed if I wanted to win. >>

I just really would have liked to have seen how long I could have survived if Carmen hadn't gone after me too. >:T

I only wanted Red dead because I thought he was the detective--and this was after Belle told me that Red would've been a bit more vocal if he were detective. Soooo I'm an idiot lol. But yeah, being mafia is way more fun than being a townsperson even if we did end up shooting ourselves in the foot (Red and I killing each other, RX getting himself smited).

Either way, I think was the worst start for the townspeople so far because of false leads and everything else. Fun fact: I didn't realize killing Toru would be as successful as it was. It never occurred to me that a person would target their best friend which is why I didn't suspect Sem when Chad turned up dead.

Fun fact #2: I completely forgot I was the escape artist so that's why I didn't ever use my powers lol

Edit: Wait a second...It wasn't my failing memory after all. El were you supposed to tell the person they were the escape artist? Because you only told me I was mafia lol

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Akira Rose said:
Fun fact #2: I completely forgot I was the escape artist so that's why I didn't ever use my powers lol

Edit: Wait a second...It wasn't my failing memory after all. El were you supposed to tell the person they were the escape artist? Because you only told me I was mafia lol

... *snorts*

At first I was going to snicker at Carmen. Now I'm giggling at El... XD

Whoopsie, El! :D

We need some different roles for the next game. I played a mafia map on SC2 which is exactly the same - they had a ton of roles that could be played, was epic. I was a lookout, and we had a mayor, sheriff, executor... funsies :3

Well, that was a very good round. I'm getting better at this - I managed to prevent myself from getting lynched, and the reason I was kept alive by the mafia is probably because they were using me as a red herring. Or at least one of the families. I'm very happy about making it to the end this round; next round I probably won't but that's fine.

Belle, you sneaky old whatsit. You actually got me convinced that you were a townsperson. Very well played, even though you didn't make it to the end. One might say that you were the 'Shiny' of round 3! Anyway, I'm looking forward to next round and I will definitely be a part of it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I wouldn't go so far as to call her that, Jerty. True, we both used a lot of manipulation on our ends, me in round 2 and her in round 3, but our tactics were really different. I relied on a lot of rule bending/breaking, whereas she, from what I could tell and from my conversations with her, did actual behind the scenes manipulating people's actions/thoughts to benefit her. |D

When I said that I just meant that she was the "clever mafia member who worked behind the scenes to convince people to do their will" of this round; not necessarily the one who twisted the rules or anything.

El, your second post says I'm Joyeuse, when I'm just a townsperson.

Game well-played, guys. There were a lot of neat twists and turns, and I was convinced in the first couple of days that the mafia would win.

Posting from my phone, so short post is short.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Shocari said:
El, your second post says I'm Joyeuse, when I'm just a townsperson.

Game well-played, guys. There were a lot of neat twists and turns, and I was convinced in the first couple of days that the mafia would win.

Posting from my phone, so short post is short.

Is that the Death List post? If so, it means you were killed by Joyeuse.

Brendan Savem said:
Why is it a "Shiny"? I did all that in the first game, and actually succeeded! Why can't it be called a "Brendan"?

Because, as you said, you succeeded ^-^ The other two played well but could not defeat the mighty townspeople!