• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 3: Mafia Day Vier (1-3 Oct) Aquatic Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Mafia Double Homocide... again.

Let's play a game. You were the culprit of several unjustified lynchings due to not speaking up, or voicing your own opinion. You trusted other people to make the right decisions for you, but never made one for yourself. Well, Shocari, it's time to work for youself. You are in a room that is well below freezing point, and your only hope of survival is the salt before you, behind the bars. The time on the door will expire in a number hours, but will you gain your salt and preserve your life... without any hands?

The victim was found, sans hands, frozen solid and reaching for a bucket of salt. He was later revealed to be a townsperson

Later, another body was found. The man's lungs were filled with water and there were signs of a struggle that kept his head below the water in the village fountain. DarkSoul was found to be a Townsperson later.

For the fourth day in a row, the Doctor has yet to save a single victim and the Detective has not shown their findings.​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Mafia Day Vier (1-3 Oct) Aquatic Frost

O-O

I was dead certain this game that Shocari was mafia (no offense, Sho :x), and now I can't help but think that all of my suspicions led to his death. Sorry man. I should've trusted you. =/

After getting Alex killed last 'round, I don't even know where to go from here except for Jerty. Three people who suspected him are now dead. This is either too obvious now or a really good cover up. >_>

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

We have twelve people left with only one mafia dead. If more mafia don't kick the bucket then this game will be over.

If we assume the trend from the past two games has continued then there are seven mafia in total left. Six if the double agent happens to be a member of both families.

The doctor's not been able to save anybody, and like El said the Detective's been rather silent, or perhaps the detective was one of the people rooting for Jerty's lynching?

The Priest hasn't saved or smitten anyone yet either. And I'm pretty sure the Escape Artist hasn't done anything yet.

Either way we need to be very careful how this round goes. This round is pivotal, so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to jump on any bandwagons just yet.

I'm willing to put a vote on Jerty, because at this point our odds at killing a mafioso are about 50/50, and also for just how suspicious he does look. I haven't made my decision yet though.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Good God Sho died in a gruesome manner. :x Definitely getting a Saw vibe from his death, though.

Anyways, I suppose that is why Alex was so damned over the top about everything. He wanted to blow somebody up, and oh boy did he ever. XD Thanks for taking out a Mafia member, Alex. :'D

But yeah, we really have work to do. :x If I had the time I would look back over the past topics and see if I could find any connections between Brendan and anybody else. It's worked in the past, so it very well could work again.

As for Jerty, he is most certainly are prime suspect at the moment. But would he really be this obvious? Killing off everyone that suspects him? Or could it be a double bluff? :o Either way, I have my eye on Jerty but I'm not declaring anything yet.

... wow that is gruesome.
omg my poor bb hnnnnng ;;

So, okay.
Another uhm
unsuccessful night.
I guess.

Although I hate to say it, especially following yesterday's events, but I can't help but feel like Jerty is being set up here x:
I mean, going after Chad for an accusation and Sho for a vote would be highly indicative of a guilty party getting rid of those with leads, but it also seems too easy.
Too obvious.

Maybe we're overlooking something?
Because the way we're going about this now is, um...
It's not working x:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Y'know, I think I agree with Belle here. Jerty seems to be an unwitting pawn in something or other: his accusations have been unfocused, and a Mafioso would certainly be more clear about who they want to see dead. I could be wrong, but I don't feel confident in accusing him right now.

Instead, I think I'm going to call out Sem. His near-constant allegations that he is Mafia, even if he's joking, is just too ballsy to do if you're a mere townsperson - Sem knows as well as any of us that we take anything said faaar too seriously in this game, and such idle banter can easily get a person murdered. Although Sem obviously cannot be the Bomber, I would be surprised if he wasn't some special role..

That, or he's the Doctor or Detective and trying to mess with us. However, he was the Doctor in Mafia I, so that's statistically less likely. But, it would be just like Sem to refuse to save anyone if he WAS the Doctor :x

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

This is nasty >_< so many towns people dead.

Really the way this game should have gone was, lynch Jerty over Alex and see where that left us. As now we have to choose between Jerty and Sem, and although I can see how Jerty could be being set up here I still suspect him quite a bit.

Sem seems to be very confident in everything he says and the way he gets it across, which in some cases is great but it does make me feel he knows a lot more about the goings on in this game then anyone else. Meaning he could be the Detective?

I'm gonna wait before I cast my lynch vote, it's very hard to work out if Jerty is being set up or not and the wiser move would have been getting him killed off last vote over Alex (If he was mafia that would have left us in a nicer way then currently and by this round we might have stopped suspecting Alex as much and just gone for Sem).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Demelza said:
Sem seems to be very confident in everything he says and the way he gets it across, which in some cases is great but it does make me feel he knows a lot more about the goings on in this game then anyone else. Meaning he could be the Detective?

El commented that the detective hasn't moved on their knowledge yet, and each member Sem has targeted - even if as part of a bandwagon - was a towns person. I find it highly unlikely to believe that he'd be the detective. :x

Ultimately, I gotta agree with Data. While I do take heed of what DS said from beyond the grave, I think the bigger threat is right in front of us: Sem. As Data stated it's very unlikely that he's the doctor again and - as I said - I do not believe he's the detective. That leaves the priest, escape artist, or mafia, and I gotta say I've been leaning more towards the third option since day 2.

I'm waiting to vote because I can, and being hasty got me nowhere last day.

LoN said:
Lynch Katie

Thanks LoN. ;p

Bad thing: Doctor Oak was not mafia
Good thing: He was the Mad Bomber and blew up Brendan, a mafia member!

Ok, so I said that I have an eye on Dark Soul because he agreed with Doctor Oak and then today we find out he got killed. Let's have a think, would I kill somebody who I obviously suspected slightly in my post yesterday after all of the suspicion was cast on me? I'm not so dumb to do something like that. I still don't know who I think is mafia, but people who say "Oh, Jerty seems suspicious. Let's lynch him!" are the ones I will say are mafia. I'm not saying anyone who finds me suspicious are likely mafia, but people who provide no real reason to lynch me.

I'm going to keep my eyes wide open on everyone, then vote later.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Oooh, a vote to lynch me, how exciting~

Like I said, half the remaining players are mafia. The only reason the game isn't yet lost is because the double agent is mafia AND a townie. The continuation of the game would be impossible if that were not true. Of course, this means that if exactly one more town gets offed this game is over. That's why this round is important and something we need to take our time with.

I cannot deny that I'm a good choice for lynching, but so is anyone else. Like I said, our odds are 50/50 at actually killing a mafioso at this point.

Let's also remember that the doctor, detective, and priest are still alive, and the escape artist has not used their power yet. All four of those roles are town-only. That means a third of our remaining people have those roles.

The only thing I'll say in my defense is that lynching me wouldn't be without its consequences. My roles in the past games have been ironic/funny, and I'm just going to say that that trend continues ;P

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'll probably die for this next night turn, but I figured my time's almost up anyways and I WILL take a mafia down in the process. I hope.

Katie says: Okay, this might be a loop hole but I will ask
* Under no circumstances shall you reveal your identity to anyone outside of the thread by any means.
Does that mean we could potentially reveal ourselves within the thread?
yes I do mean screen cap sharing my PM in the thread
I'm assuming the answer is no XD

Elliot Joy says: there's nothing stopping you from doing that, no

Katie says: Really? because then all the towns people could do it

Elliot Joy says: okay
let me rephrase
with a special role
you're allowed to, yeah
well
actually
no
you're not allowed to screen cap your PM
but you're allowed to declare yourself

I'm the priest.

Though we do not yet know their identities, God will judge the souls of the evil ones. I am merely His Shepard. :'D

Now, please, townies. Don't waste your votes just because my paranoia blinded me. Think your votes through and kill those mafia bastards. >=O (ILU all, rly, even if I want to see you mafia folks buried six feet under~ ♥)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Hey, if I was skeptical of Sho last game than I'm going to skeptical of you too, Katie. It's a smart play "revealing" your identity without actual proving anything. We have to take you at your word, and based off last game you are a fantastic liar and manipulator. I'm not saying I necessarily think Katie is mafia, I'm just saying I don't entirely trust her. However, she is not the current biggest threat at the moment as far as I'm concerned. I do want to know why LoN voted to lynch Katie so suddenly, though. (Detective, perhaps? :o)

And Sem, if all the combined mafia outnumber the townsfolk the game wouldn't be over. The mafia fight against each other so the townsfolk would still have a chance of winning. My, oh my you are fast to write us off and claim to know what the double agent is. I feel like you've made several posts about the double agent, why the hang-up on him? Yeah, he's important, but you talk about the role a bit too much to simply be curious. Perhaps Sem knows who the double-agent is, whether he is it himself of he is the detective and found it out that way, who knows.

I'm watching you all like a freaking hawk! D:<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Somehow I knew you'd say that. :p

Think Red. Why would I reveal myself as a special role if I had something to gain as mafia? Even if I WAS mafia, that's one out of how many who are still alive. It's not like they're down to the wire here - the towns people are. Plus, technically speaking, I'd only be part of one mafia family, leaving the other mafia to lynch me if they assumed me being honest. Not much of a gain there.

If you're seriously going to run with this being a ploy, you're quite possibly mafia trying to turn people against me. If you're innocent, don't make yourself a target because I am itching to strike someone down. :)

Summed up: I'm not bluffing.~ (Plus the whole "act of God" thing is sweet |D)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I never said I wanted you dead, Katie. I'm just doing what you're doing, not really trust anybody. ;) But as I said, you are not a major suspect for me. I'm just wondering why you felt so nervous as to reveal your identity now when you were in no real danger of being lynched (in my opinion, at least). I suppose we should look at LoN for lynching with no motive. Unless he has some silly motive, or stated something previously that's just suspicious to me. Explain yourself, good sir! D:<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Numbers are dwindling, so it's only a matter of time until I die. Plus I couldn't really say anything against LoN's lynch vote and not sound suspicious. Alex died last day even after putting up a pretty good defence, so that just shows how ruthless we all are. :'D

I opted to be honest because it felt like a good time, plus the nature of my powers means that even after death I can strike someone down. If I can help us get an actual mafia hit this turn and not have it wasted on myself then it was worth revealing my role.

I'm still waiting for more to go on this turn, mind. Everyone has played too damn well this game... xD

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

What people should realize is that Katie is as much of an evil biatch as I am. She will openly admit to this. You didn't get to see much of that last game since she died to early, but do not doubt that she would kill you all if she could without a second thought.

Also:

Sir Red said:
And Sem, if all the combined mafia outnumber the townsfolk the game wouldn't be over. The mafia fight against each other so the townsfolk would still have a chance of winning.

Wrong. The moment the number of mafia in total equal or is greater than the number of townsfolk the game is over, and the family with the most members left alive wins. Joyeuse is out one member so the other family would win.

And I'm not trying to seem obsessed over the double agent, just putting out the facts :x Also, I wouldn't doubt what Katie said when she was willing to post up a screen-cap. I dunno what her game is since she's most likely going to be killed tonight now that she's out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem said:
Also, I wouldn't doubt what Katie said when she was willing to post up a screen-cap.

^This.

Also, I have it on good authority now that Sem is mafia. Finally putting my vote down to lynch Sem.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

"On good authority?"

You're lying through your teeth, my dear. I would go ahead and say "lynch Katie" but I'd rather this not turn into a senseless Sem vs Katie war. One, because despite being as evil as me people still trust you more so I would lose. Two, because it seems a bit senseless.

... Oh. What the heck. Lynch Katie.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Well, that's two votes apiece. Anyone else care to break the tie?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Sem said:
"On good authority?"

You're lying through your teeth, my dear.

No lies. You know this in your heart to be true~

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

DESPITE ME ALREADY CASTING MY VOTE AND TAKING MY SIDE

(Am I doing it right yet?)

Edit: Incidentally, vote to lynch Sem and side with Katie, and you'll get this pizza:

pizza1.jpg

Yes, all of it. All for you. Vote Katie. Vote Pizza. Pizza always wins.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I love pizza as much as Katie does ;_; I promise to give out pizza if I win :'D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Your pizza would be poisoned, just like your words. >=O

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Ha! At least I'd give people a taste. You people honestly believe Katie would share pizza? Don't be ridiculous.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Touché.

(Which again only proves that I love it more~ ;D)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Not really. If I give everyone poisoned pizza then eventually the only one around to enjoy it is me ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

At least I'd be kind enough to share pizza with everyone in Heaven. ♥

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

How cute. You think that's where you'd end up? Just because you're the priest doesn't mean you're a good person ;-D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Honestly trying to win us over with pizza is mean.

Lynch Sem

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Yet you vote for me anyway. Jerk.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Demelza said:
Honestly trying to win us over with pizza is mean.

Lynch Sem
Demelza ilu ♥

I find it so funny that you guys act even more coupley in this game than the previous one :D

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Why does no one love me? </3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I've already expressed my suspicions about Sem, so lynch Sem. I'm thinking that we're going to get a mafia member and the double agent here.

Sir Red said:
I've already expressed my suspicions about Sem, so lynch Sem. I'm thinking that we're going to get a mafia member and the double agent here.

Detective much? :o

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

You've chosen well, Red. You've chosen justice, and pizza. :'D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

LoN said:
Sir Red said:

Detective much? :o

How so? I've explained my line of thinking in the thread as to why I suspect Sem of these things (along with other people's musings that I agreed with), whereas you simply posted lynching Katie and gave nothing else in way of explanation. Why so quick to lynch Katie for no reason? I'm really quite curious about this. There are any number of possible reasons for you doing it...even to just get me paranoid...O__O You fiend! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.