• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 4: Day Three (Dec 8th-10th): The Night Mother Approves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Jerty Dead

Jertyuiop's fate sealed,
The Mafia approach; slash!
Murderers slink away.​

Re: Day Three (Dec 8th-10th): The Dark Mother Approves

Ok ok, suspect me now if you want but truth is we need to do something and now because we are losing villager after villager.

Like I said before, look at people and see if they are acting odd! Though I have an idea that may aid our cause even the slightest. Everyone send me roles then I'll say who didn't send me one and who has the same role as another, thus making us finally have a suspect to lynch!

People listen, I know that I'm another "new" 'charms user but I'm no slouch when it comes to mafia games.

And just a quick FYI, I'm a normal villager so lynching me would not matter as much but we need every villager we can get right now.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Day Three (Dec 8th-10th): The Night Mother Approves

Let's not do that. Mass sharing of information wrecked this game before, which is why I'm always quick to jump on it these days. Plus, you absolutely cannot trust what people send you anyway.

Keep it to this thread. No posting role PMs at all, public or private. Working together with other people for the good of your faction is fine, but mass destabilisation of the game makes it not fun.

To clarify exactly where the line is regarding alliances:
[tt]18:56 <%SirRed> Fragile alliances are fine, it's just different when you do it that wide spread
18:56 <@Teapot> Exactly my point.
18:56 <%SirRed> The kind of alliance where you can't actually trust them, but you want to[/tt]

So, for example, the Bomber and Detective teaming up would be perfectly acceptable, whereas half the players in the gsme, regardless of role, banding together for the sake of "winning" isn't.

Taking arrows in the knee, have you Petey?

I don't quite know what to say about Jerty though, he was on my mafia candidate list, although pretty much everyone is on that list at some point, but he was pretty high. Seeing him dead and innocent, when he could have easily been used as a decoy for lynchings just baffles me. Why would the mafia kill him now instead of save him for later?

Speaking of which NidoRich, since you seem so eager to find mafioso, here's an expert tip. The real trick to finding Mafia isn't to point out someone for acting odd, it's to look at the murder patterns, and see who benefits the most from each death, those guys are most likely the mafia we're looking for. Keep your eyes open, and we might just get lucky today

...Darn it! I didn't even get to vote yesterday! stupid final paper

In the end I knew Jada was innocent which is why I backed off after her last reply. On the other hand I was sure Jerty was mafia so his death came as a huge surprise...actually if I had to be honest, I'm not sure why mafia decided to kill him when he would make the perfect scapegoat. Since no one is being overtly suspicious I'm beginning to think that whoever is mafia is trying to pass as a benign person who's not too vocal. That said I need to wait on a couple of replies before I throw out any accusations.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Well, maybe we should go down the route of who did Jerty question yesterday. Could always be revenge kill. Then again we all did so it's hard to work out.

I really thought Jerty was gonna be mafia though >_<

First of all, fuck.

Jada's innocence just goes to show I really need to stop trusting my gut feeling in this game. This is something I will remember for the rest of this and future games.

Now to look around for someone more suspicious; Suggestions, anyone? |DD

I have to hold my hand up and apologise to Jada for lynching her. However, I was let down by her response in the graveyard. No, I didnt lynch you (albeit wrongly) because you are new, I lynched you because you put up flimsey arguments, and failed to respond to accusations.

Hmmm. This is a very interesting turn of events, a turn for the worse however. Jerty was next on my list of mafia, behind Jada, so I am stumped at this point in time.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Well, I'm more suspicious of Belle now. Jerty was the first person to cast doubt on her, and suddenly he's been lynched? That sounds mighty suspicious to me.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I didn't actually think anyone would suspect Jada was mafia - she was pretty innocent in my perspective. Of course, I haven't been able to say much these past couple of days due to real life busyness.

I have a few people in my sights at the moment but I shan't say anything about them just yet.

Jerty certainly makes an odd target for the mafia to attack, since the arguments put forth by him had him on my list of suspects. Of course, as I said yesterday, there's no one who /isn't/ on my list of suspects.

I think this calls light to Belle as Jerty was pretty openly accusing her, but it could be a set up. Of course, I have no idea what to believe at this point, but I'm watching Belle much more closely now (ilu srsly though, Belle).

Jada's innocence also surprised me, but I didn't lynch you for being new, Jada, I did it because you're defenses only served to raise my suspicions of you rather than lower it. I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt >_<

I'm waiting this out, but Belle is under close surveillance and I'm also wary of NidoRich now as well. Even though he didn't know it was against the rules, asking everyone for their roles so that /he/ could see them all himself isn't exactly a reassuring thing. Too many people to watch, not enough evidence to do something about it >:0

I ammmm going to have to say that Belle simply defending herself is not all that silly, especially jerty's very embarrassing accusation considered. It would be equally silly to revenge kill on Belle's part as jerty immediately backed off from such accusation regardless.

So I suggest we vote Sem I mean someone like NidoRich, although I'd rather hope we not all hop on another failwagon.

Yoshimitsu said:
Well, I'm more suspicious of Belle now. Jerty was the first person to cast doubt on her, and suddenly he's been lynched? That sounds mighty suspicious to me.

Hmm. You make a good point, El. That is rather suspicious! Belle did seem quite stab-happy in both rounds 1 and 2. However, being the epitome of justice I am, I shall wait for her answer to our claims.

You say "stab-happy", I say "productive".
As we've already seen and observed, abstaining on the first day did nothing for us - and it never does. Everyone agreeing to do nothing does not instigate the debate, nor does it bring to light any suspicions or draw any defenses from players.
Round two was more of the same, the only difference being that were were down an innocent from the previous day, and now today we are seeing even mooooore baseless accusations following the swift lynching of a newbie based on the premise that she was new.
Cool.

But, and this may just be me speaking from experience, I think it would be incredibly stupid of me to kill someone the day after they had accused me of being mafia. And, if you recall, a very similar set-up was executed in the last game, with Karu being the victim in question.
Besides, who else remembers how long I kept Katie around, even though I had been a member of both mafia families?
i mean dang.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Teapot said:
Let's not do that. Mass sharing of information wrecked this game before, which is why I'm always quick to jump on it these days. Plus, you absolutely cannot trust what people send you anyway.

Keep it to this thread. No posting role PMs at all, public or private. Working together with other people for the good of your faction is fine, but mass destabilisation of the game makes it not fun.

Admin note (aka. abusing powers >:D): I noticed that your current set of rules does not say it's against the rules to reveal your role in private. You actually stated that it's okay to do so as long as people aren't taking screenshots of their initial role PMs.

* Under no circumstances shall you reveal your identity to anyone outside of the thread via screenshots. You may, however, reveal your identity in public or in private, as long as it does not contravene the above rule. If in doubt, PM me and ask!

If you don't want people revealing their roles privately at all, you should probably update your rules again. NidoRich technically wasn't breaking any rules. ;)

P.S. - Lynch Sem because he's Sem. >=O

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Belle said:
Belle, your wit has no end. Best quote of the game? I think so.

Linkachu said:
Teapot said:
No posting role PMs at all

Admin note (aka. abusing powers >:D): I noticed that your current set of rules does not say it's against the rules to reveal your role in private. You actually stated that it's okay to do so as long as people aren't taking screenshots of their initial role PMs.

If you don't want people revealing their roles privately at all, you should probably update your rules again. NidoRich technically wasn't breaking any rules. ;)
I said no posting role PMs - ie, no screencapping. You're allowed to tell people your role as much as you like, as long as it isn't definitive proof. The point is the trust thing; giving people unparalleled proof isn't fun, but saying "ohai I'm detective" is. You can't be trusted, there.

Admittedly, I did judge the idea a little more harshly than I perhaps should have, and for that I apologise to NidoRich and everyone else. But anyone who was in Game 2 knows how eager I am to avoid that happening again.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Belle said:
But, and this may just be me speaking from experience, I think it would be incredibly stupid of me to kill someone the day after they had accused me of being mafia. And, if you recall, a very similar set-up was executed in the last game, with Karu being the victim in question.

Ah but this is where you're smart Belle. You know we'll think of the past set up, and how it would seem stupid for you to kill someone the day after they've accused you. And that's how it works, it's perfect cover.

I'm very much at a loss on what to do here.

In contrast to the previous two games I've been in, no one is particularly suspicious- Are we really going to go after Belle just because she almost won the third game? She's a very clever participant, as are most of us- I'm genuinely starting to believe we- excluding me- might be getting too good at this game, making it much, much harder.

On the other hand, though, Dem makes a good point. Belle could be Mafia just as much as anyone, and the fact she was last time doesn't mean she can't be it again this time. This brings us to the reverse loop mentioned yesterday. |D

I will probably be hopping a bandwagon at the end of the day.

Belle, I have read your arguments in response to my accusations, and I am satisfied.

Well, after that, I am well and truly stuck. Belle was my main lead. Other than that, Sem was all too happy to lynch, but no where near as much as Belle. It was not much, although I will be keeping an eye on you, Sem.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Belle said:
As we've already seen and observed, abstaining on the first day did nothing for us - and it never does. Everyone agreeing to do nothing does not instigate the debate, nor does it bring to light any suspicions or draw any defenses from players.
Round two was more of the same, the only difference being that were were down an innocent from the previous day, and now today we are seeing even mooooore baseless accusations following the swift lynching of a newbie based on the premise that she was new.
Cool.

Besides, who else remembers how long I kept Katie around, even though I had been a member of both mafia families?
i mean dang.

I dunno, I don't buy it. Just because it's "incredibly stupid" doesn't mean you wouldn't have done it. In fact, you might even have done it to try to shift the blame away from you and claim to be a scapegoat! You're the criminal mastermind this game, it's totally something you would have done ;3

I'm pretty certain now about my assumption so I'm gonna Lynch Belle (ps ilu Belle)

Yoshimitsu said:
Belle said:
Cool.

i mean dang.

I dunno, I don't buy it. Just because it's "incredibly stupid" doesn't mean you wouldn't have done it. In fact, you might even have done it to try to shift the blame away from you and claim to be a scapegoat! You're the criminal mastermind this game, it's totally something you would have done ;3

I'm pretty certain now about my assumption so I'm gonna Lynch Belle (ps ilu Belle)

MEH YOU BOTH MAKE SUCH GOOD POINTS I CANT DECIDE

yoshimitsu said:
Must admit, I don't find JadaStark nearly as suspicious as, say, Tan or Belle who had flimsy reasoning at best. For now, I'm gonna vote for Belle for jumping to conclusions on a bandwagon ;3

Yoshimitsu said:

Yoshimitsu said:

You know, El, if I didn't know any better I'd think that you were scared of me!
Is it...
Is it because I voiced suspicions about you being Mafia yesterday?

I mean it seems like kind of a stretch to pull some kind of sick ass DOUBLE REACHAROUND just to
just to...
no seriously what could I possibly stand to gain from killing Jerty in the night?
I know my arguments are better, I never felt threatened by those weaksauce accusations.
And if you guys are really giving me as much credit as you say (oh gosh blusshu blusshu), wouldn't it be smarter to pick off the stronger, more vocal players that I would legitimately find threatening if I were a member of the mafia?

Seems to meeeeeeee like someone is drawing attention away from themselves by pushing for a bandwagon.
As it is, El, I'm just so, so certain that you're mafia that I don't even know what to do with mys- oh no wait yes I do
I can vote to lynch El
(p.s. babbu ilu2 let's never fight again lynch lynch lynch)

I myself want to be as vocal as I can Belle, that doesn't mean I'm mafia.

Though I'm afraid you both make good points. The best option is one of you is mafia an the other isn't. That or you're both very paranoid.

I'm gonna wait for other people to vote because I don't want to make the 3rd vote >_<

I, for one, am starting to see Belle's point, both from this thread and from chat. Although I wouldn't exactly call his defenses flimsy, at the moment, El is more suspicious to me.

Un voto por El.

Hmh. This is quite a war you two have got going on...

This El vs Belle lynch - war isn't going to get us anywhere, in my honest opinion. No, for now, I'm keeping my eye on you, NidoRich. You're maneuver before and admission to being a villager has left me questioning what your role really is in this game.

Going to hold this out for another day, and then come up with a final decision.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator

Belle said:
I mean it seems like kind of a stretch to pull some kind of sick ass DOUBLE REACHAROUND just to
just to...
no seriously what could I possibly stand to gain from killing Jerty in the night?
I know my arguments are better, I never felt threatened by those weaksauce accusations.
And if you guys are really giving me as much credit as you say (oh gosh blusshu blusshu), wouldn't it be smarter to pick off the stronger, more vocal players that I would legitimately find threatening if I were a member of the mafia?

Seems to meeeeeeee like someone is drawing attention away from themselves by pushing for a bandwagon.
As it is, El, I'm just so, so certain that you're mafia that I don't even know what to do with mys- oh no wait yes I do
I can vote to lynch El
(p.s. babbu ilu2 let's never fight again lynch lynch lynch)

But this mobius double reacharound is something you did pretty effectively last game, and we all know you have enough experience with the arts of subtlety. I'm going to accuse you of the exact thing you're accusing me of - are you starting this bandwagon to draw attention away from yourself? You say that you would have picked off someone better or more vocal, eh? What do you stand to gain from that, that you wouldn't gain from picking off someone like Jerty? I'm sorry, but these arguments are making less sense to me, especially given your mastery of being a mafia member!

If I were a mafia member, I know I would've picked off someone who said something about me that would make people doubt me and try to name myself as a scapegoat because, given past experiences where the scapegoat's been killed and was an innocent, it'd be an effective way to clear my name. I think that's exactly what you've done in an attempt to cover for yourself. Stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes ;o

(ilu so much please dont hate me)

Posting real quicklike from my iPhone! Sooooo

I vote El

Which may/may not have something to do with him totally killing me off that time I played ♥

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Belle like I said on chat earlier, you're a smart player and I wouldn't put it past you to have worked all this out in a way to throw attention away from you and onto someone else, namely El this time.

Ilu but Lynch Belle with you being so smart we seriously can't take the risk of you being mafia

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Luckii said:
Other than that, Sem was all too happy to lynch,

Oh, trust me - I'malways all too happy to lynch. I unfortunately can't do it willy-nilly.

Also.

Tangrow said:
I vote El ♥

Which may/may not have something to do with him totally killing me off that time I played ♥

That was still all me - El's role was minimal and you know it ;o Plus he wasn't actually aiming to move against you. I'm hoping you actually have some proper reasons for going against him that have nothing to do with past-game experiences - which should never ever have anything to do with a current game.

Has the wonderful Belle convinced you so completely or do you have your own reasons?

Sem said:
Luckii said:
Other than that, Sem was all too happy to lynch,

Oh, trust me - I'malways all too happy to lynch. I unfortunately can't do it willy-nilly.

Oh I trust you Semmy mah boy.

...Did I just call you Semmy?

It appears I did.

Wow.

In other news, after giving the defenses a look over, I have come to a decision. I vote to lynch...

Belle.

While both of you put up arguments (balls) of steel, El's scapegoat logic has persuaded me to vote against you, Belle. With you being rather shady, we can't risk not lynching such an intelligent and suspicious player.

Guess it's 50/50 on who gets voted off this island O0

I vote to lynch Belle

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I like how suddenly killing smart people is a good idea. There's dumb people for you - oholololololo

I'm suspicious of both El and Belle. Belle because of the revenge killing thing, and El because I think it sounds like he's trying to cover himself by making everyone lynch Belle.

Lynch El. He seems more suspicious.

Oh dear, Sem.

...Might you be?

....Might you be mad I'm not voting for you? Jealous? Lonely? Oh dear, how embarrassing.

It'll be even more embarrassing for you if this goes through, but aside from that, I honestly don't care much for reason. I have a few goals this game, and none of them are particularly to win. I more or less flipped a coin and went with Belle's side. I'm rather okay with this. Logic and fancies only work so well to a point when none of it is hard truth or fact.

The vote count is currently 4-4, if I am correct. My, how exciting!

Balls, I haven't had time to actually post in this topic all day, and by the time I check back here again you've all moved along so far >:0 and I come back into some sort of war betwixt Belle and El and I love you both! How the hell do I vote for Belle or El, and goodness me what's that awful smell? Oh, it's my imagination that's really swell... *is shot*

Sorry, I got carried away there. BUT SERIOUSLY. You're both too good at this game, if you ask me. I've got no idea which side to go on with this. It all makes too much /sense/ for whatever way you look at it. It's all some sort of whacked out conspiracy.

I've got no quarrel with either of you, and I love you both for srs. But, I'm going to have to vote to lynch Belle.

Previous games /shouldn't/ play a role in our judgments in the current game, but if Belle /is/ counting on us remembering what happened with Karu, then it won't do if we fall for it. After all, last game Belle had a master plan that she /barely/ didn't manage to pull off. But it was all very well put together, and from that I know how devious she can be. ( Ilu Belle don'thateme ;_; )

El, I find you suspicious as well, and this decision was made mostly with the flip of a coin and a lot of arguing with myself over where to throw my vote.

I can't go into much detail this round because I'm posting this from my phone. Could Belle be mafia twice in a row? Who really knows except data...but I'm gonna have to vote for Belle this round. If my gut instinct is wrong again I'm not going to trust mine anymore either.

I agree with chad though. Mafia is playing a good game so far.

Sigh. I still think you guys are making a really bad choice here. Of course, if I turn out to be wrong after all, I'll wear the duncecap for all I care.

Sem said:
I like how suddenly killing smart people is a good idea. There's dumb people for you - oholololololo
My thoughts exactly.

You guys are impossible, if this is really how you're going to go about selecting players to lynch, then it will be a very short game indeed as you continue to vote off the players who have done nothing but work to find the actual culprits of the game.
So, when the time comes and you guys see that I am, in fact, a Villager (oopsie daisy!),
I hope you'll take a closer look at El ♥
and Toru, for his complete indecisiveness (if El is mafia, wouldn't it be convenient for a fellow family member to play it blank and not choose a side in the event that his family member is lynched and he looks suspicious for it?)
and also Dem, because even though ilu Dem, killing off the 'smart' players is just a poor course of action and if anything makes me suspicious that the two of you are in cahoots, whatever alignment you may turn out to be.

So, righto.
Good luck you lot
You'll need it c:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Belle said:
and also Dem, because even though ilu Dem, killing off the 'smart' players is just a poor course of action and if anything makes me suspicious that the two of you are in cahoots, whatever alignment you may turn out to be.

Belle all I mean is we already suspect you, if you are Mafia keeping smart Mafia would be a very bad move and I wouldn't say we could take the risk. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.