• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Conclusion: Ain't That A Kick In The Head

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Yoshimitsu has been killed; he was the Bomber. Tangrow has been taken down with him.

There is now one member of Mafia left compared to four townies, so for the sake of expedience, the townies win. The final Mafia member was NidoRich.

I'll post my blow-by-blow notes, with all special role activity, later.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
In the end, I suspected all the people who had roles minus El, because I kept thinking that Sem was part of the couple again. XD

Also, I was so sure mafia was going to win this time, because of all the abstaining last round. Good job, peoples who yet again surprised me by pulling through~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hahah. Awesome. Tan got what he deserved! >:D

I don't have much to say except that I'd like to see the Detective job restored to its original form. To me it was never broken to begin with (the Double Agent and Doctor were just as useful) and now the nerfing has pretty much defeated the original purpose of the role, ie. to gain conclusive evidence and then somehow get it across to the townies without making yourself a Mafia target. Even in the past, once you'd identified folks as being innocent, you couldn't be sure that people wouldn't backstab you or get changed into Mafia by the Mob Boss or a similar role, so it was still risky disclosing yourself.

That is all~

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Hmm...well would you look at that? I survived the entire game for once! That's refreshing, especially since I didn't expect my every-other-day strategy to actually work.

Most likely I won't be able to do that again next game, and I'll probably have to actually speak my mind to be more interactive, but this was a fun round nonetheless.

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I WIN

This victory feels sweeter than my victory in the previous game, as I actally did help lynch a Mafia member. I played smarter this time around.

Well played everyone else who survived!

Wow...this game was FAR closer than it should've been. Too close honestly. There was so much luck going on in this game it wasn't even funny. Either way, I can't wait till the next game and hopefully there won't be as much abstaining this time around. Also I agree with Katie on the Detective thing because the detective was never broken. And considering the fact that even if you are the detective, it's still difficult to actually select the right person to identify.

Congrats surviving townies ^^ It's a shame that I died just before I was starting to get an idea for who was who. And I'm actually surprised at how long some people lasted, I'm looking at Jada and Rich here having people suspecting them from day 1 ;D And I have to say well played Tan, despite that you were almost noticeably Mafia you managed to stay in and get rid of key players like Katie and Riley and nearly managed to sway voting at the end to DS :3

I don't consider any of the roles to be broken so I don't think any require nerfing :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'm happy to see that you killed this game early, Petey. Those left really won't posting and things were going to slowly drag on for ages at the rate it was going. I just hope that we can someday have a game completely full of active people. Wishful thinking, probably.

As for the Detective: The closest it ever came to being broken was in Game 1 when Sho shared info on the night he also died. And that was later fixed.

Speaking of that~ we should probably address the whole sharing of knowledge thing that went on during this game. I feel it's best if everyone just comes forward about whom they told things to and what they knew.

Right from the start Shiny told me she was Mafia and that Dway was too (she said Dway was going to kill me the first night to frame Sho, so that's why I got Sho lynched :x). A few days later she let it slip that Jada was also in her family. So yeah, I knew every Mafia member during the course of the game. I tried my best not to abuse that knowledge, seeing as I only used it to get Shiny out when she was throwing info everywhere. Then Dway quit and Jada got lynched after I died.

The only folks I ever told anything to were already dead. Basically whenever I was even partially responsible for somebody dying I would talk to them the next time I saw them in chat and at some point I'd tell them I was Mafia. I had thought that the long-honored agreement of the dead knowing all and not telling the living anything was in effect when I did this. :T

Right then up until my death I knew nothing apart from Riley being the Thief after we allied on Night 1 obviously I ended up getting lynched got told the name of all the living Mafia members by Shiny. Then I did a really bad slip up while I was talking on Tinychat to Riley and revealed Red. He was somewhat suspicious of him before then and went straight for on the attack.

I think he knew it would end up with him getting lynched but unknowingly pieced together the mystery. Yeah, I feel responsible for ruining the game in anyway.

Me and Riley have decided take it in turns in future Mafia's e.g Mafia 6 Riley will play, Mafia 7 I will play. To avoid blunders like this in the future

Eheheh! Oh boo, that's no good! I should have suggested going after someone else ♥

This was super-de-doop fun, even though I honestly felt I was really obvious about being mafia no matter what I said, haha :>

Something that gets me is Riley's post on Mafia Day Three, page 2. His second post on that page. How'd you manage to correctly guess all the mafia people left? ♥

If I was to guess it was probably the fact you and Red defended each other (and knew Red was Mafia due to me </3). Rich on the other hand he probably just wanted out the game (seemingly like a lot of the others) or it was really what he said, that neither of you two went for him. He was also allied with Shiny aswell.

The majority of what Josh said is true. I actually put Tan in the frame because I was bitter and he voted for me. I was also going off the basis that Sem and Tan were a couple (thanks to me taking Katie, Shiny and I believe Dem's joking around seriously) and seeing how it was used before thought one of the two was Mafia. I voted for Sem because I believed people would be more open to voting for Sem. When the bandwagon died I believed Sem was innocent and thought it was fairly obvious he was. As for Rich I was going with the bandwagon. I went for Red because he was one of 2 I was sure about (other was Jada) but Jada was useful to me for removing Red ;D Also she woulda been voted off soon. Red would have lasted an extra day of 2 if it wasn't for that which would have been seriously crippling. Tan you were becoming more and more obvious in my opinion and Rich had a mob of people wanting him dead.

P.S Sorry for any spelling mistakes doing this off my phone

Geez you posted that off your phone o.O For some reason this makes me worry about you, that you might do RP posts of your phone (after I've posted mine of course ._.

Well that was fun. I lasted a lot longer then I thought I was going to. I knew I was going to get lynched eventually, I wasn't very good at being manipulative... Which I find weird because other Mafia games I have played on different sites I've actually been quite good at. So I dont know why I keep slipping up here. I probably would have been more active if this hadnt been right at the end of my school year, and that might have helped me stay alive longer.

... Hee.

First of all, I'd like to apologize for sounding like an idiot last round. I was under the impression that abstaining just meant you weren't going to vote, and I was unaware that if the majority abstained, the Townies as a whole would abstain that day. Rookie mistake |D

Looks like my suspicions were right in the end, even though I never really did anything useful with them. It's been a fun game, and also, it's the first game ever that I've lived out untill the end!~

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I like how my strategy of being quiet until the end when I had no clue who mafia were worked. Start being vocal, then get them to target me as the mad bomber and take one of them out.

Hey, I didn't die...therefore I win too :) :)

Really I am glad that DS didn't make much of an arguement against me and I'm glad that Luckii backed me up for some reason. Either way I am somewhat glad I survived until the end even if village did win :8B:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A couple of recommendations for future games?

1. If you suspect that you may become too busy to play the game due to school, up coming family vacations, etc., please reconsider joining? It makes for a rather draggy and at times boring Mafia game when people aren't actively playing.

2. If you're utterly bored of the game or need to drop out, please contact Petey or whoever else might be hosting it before doing so. Quietly slipping out of the game or revealing your role with the intention of being lynched really upsets play, so just don't do it. That all said, you really shouldn't be joining at all if you suspect that you may end up dropping out at some point. Dropping out should be a last resort, so try to stick it out until the end unless you definitely can't do so.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but please consider these two suggestions whenever our next Mafia sign-up topic shows up. There was quite a bit going on this game that made me frown, and ultimately it's better having a smaller crew of active players verses a larger group of players who aren't as engaged for whatever reason. ~:)~