• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Day Five (May 23rd-25th): Mack the Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu has been relieved of the burden that is life. Rumour has It someone fired a lazor.

She was the Detective.

Oh heavens, I thought the detective was already dead! I guess I was thinking of last game? Huh! What roles are left? Having le phone still gives me a lack of time to search.

A majority of the people left are generally afk. How depressing.

Not all of 'em, though!~

First of all, I'd like to say I'm very relieved the previous day went right at the last moment. We'd almost missed the opportunity to kill a Mafia, instead killing off a Townie. God bless the coin flips.

Problem is, Richard aside, I'm kind of out of suspects now. ^^;

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Welp there goes our marshall who gets into actually doing stuff.

I should mention I'm busy all day today, and then I'm going out tonight so I probably wont be able to post until tomorrow.

Well, the in-game time continuum is distorted anyway- You have two days for this day. There probably won't be much to read back, either, at this rate. |D

The three of us aside, there's still some people around of whom I would like to hear what they think. Personally, my attention has been somewhat diverted to Tan. Yesterday he was attacked by Katie, but it never got too serious because Jada was a better suspect to most. Yet here we are, with Katie dead and Tan still around.

This time, too, it can't even be a ploy pulled by the second Family because they went extinct before the end of the previous day. If Tan is innocent, of course, it could be a ploy by the firs family- But what reason would they have for killing off Katie, aside from putting the blame on Tan and thus having us kill of one of our own? Following that logic, it might be best not to lynch Tan. But what if that is the whole idea of the ploy?

Urgh. Brain. My trouble with this game is always being outwitted, because I have absolutely zero tactical knowledge.

Thoughts, people?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Dang, I wanted to kill Katie.

Anyway. Lynch everyone, all the people

I take it you mean you wanted to kill her out of personal veto and humour, as opposed to a darker occupational wish? :p

The problem with Sem is that you can never really see what he is, because his posts are always very lacking of information and patterning. Not that that's a bad thing, really- It makes you a very skilled player of this game. Which is a bad thing if you're Mafia, but I have zero realistic suspicions of you.

Luckii and Blazi still need to post, right? Also Richard.

Sorry guys, slightly late.

Anyway, dang, Katie's down. The Detective too. That really lowers the townie chances of victory. But lowered chances or not, we shall prevail!

I still don't see what is so suspicious about NidoRich. He was just making comments on how the game was going. I don't see how that makes him suspicious.

I'm a little suspicious of Tan right now. The detective doesn't go around verbally attacking a player without good reason, so I'm watching you, Tan.

Ok if I was mafia wouldn't Katie have tried a little harder than that? Did she even really vote in the end for anyone? Just because she was the detective doesn't mean she already researched me or something and found I was GASP MAFIA11!!!1! Moreover, would the detective not have some ally at this point for which to gang up on me if I was mafia?

Because I'm not.

It was more likely suspicion because heaven forbid I vote someone other than Sem.

It might actually be chad, using the silence as an easy out. Or is he still in? I may have missed it.

That's actually a somewhat solid piece of reasoning there, Tan. Perhaps you're right. Chad has kept a rather low profile recently. I'd like to hear what he has to say tomorrow. (That's IRL tomorrow.)

Also, all my reasoning as to why Richard seems suspicious to me is to be found in the previous day. But don't worry, as of now he's a second choice suspect.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Regarding Chadwyck: he posted this in the Hiatus Topic on May 12th:
Chadwyck said:
So, I'm home in California for the next 9 weeks and because of some personal stuff going on in my life, I won't be able to keep up with a lot of stuff. I'm going to be on and off the forums, but I don't think I'll be able to consistently post for a while. I probably won't even be signing on most days, so yeah.
Just letting you all know :)

Ok sorry I'm late to the scene ;) Here are my two cents.

I get why I am being suspected as we need to suspect someone but really if I was a part of the mafia family then I would want to kill Dark Soul as he has been accusing me for a few days now, even if that would put the blame on me I would just say that I am being framed blah blah. Also I would have no interest in killing Katie either...she defended me when I had no chance to, why would I want to kill one of the only people defending me. Alas I do getthat there is nothing really to go on except for what has been brought to light today but I can say that I am innocent ;) Whether I am trusted is another matter I know but still.

We need to find out who has the most to gain from killing Katie. Sorry for the long'ish post, I've been writing a story recently haha

Sorry people, I might have no Internet access for the next couple of days so I'll be abstaining for now. Sorry for being unhelpful ^^;

Hum drum, maybe I'm being silly, but I think I'll go off of Sem's vote from last time and vote for Dark Soul! it's the best I can come up with, at the least.

(ilu </3)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Tangrow said:
It might actually be chad, using the silence as an easy out.

This logic confuses me - I've been pretty quiet the entire game and no one's said I'm suspicious. It could be because I've just pointed out gaping flaws in logic the entire game and stuff, but it's the sort of argument that absolutely baffles me. Does being quiet in the game immediately indicate that someone's suspicious? I don't really think so, I think it just means people aren't jumping to conclusions or joining bandwagons.

I do agree with Tan's argument to an extent - since Katie was the detective, if she HAD checked Tan and he'd come back as mafia, there's no doubt in my mind that she would have tried to lynch him. However, if she HADN'T checked Tan, there'd be no reason to immediately aim to lynch him because she wouldn't know either way. We're still pretty in the dark, though, I think so I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions surrounding this.

I am tempted to start lynching the inactive people just to speed the game along. I wont though, because that's not exactly fair on those like Chad who can't get on the site for whatever reason.

In any case, I'm not convinced Dark Soul is mafia either. He hasn't really said anything that's pinged on my radar as "loli'mmafia" so yeah.

Thanks for that, El, but unless someone votes for someone else soon there'll be another Townie dead by the end of the day. Act quick!

Thing is we will lose another villager in the next night and it will probably be one of us active players because we will be seen as more of a threat. My head is telling me to lynch Dark Soul because he's been accusing me day after day with no real solid evidence except the fact that I am active really. I guess I'll sleep on it because really we do need to get one right if we are to win this

No solid evidence? I'd say I have more solid evidence to find you suspicious then you have to find me so. I have stated my reasons, but you only find me suspicious because I've tried to lynch you in the past. Again, at least take the time to read back on all previous days, and tell me what I did to make myself suspicious to you apart from accusing- Because in my opinion, you're the one lacking evidence and I'm not.

A couple of people still need to vote, so it's not too late for me. Read back on my history this round, and consider if I have been any more suspicious then any other member still alive right now. You have every right to vote for me as that is exactly what this game is about, but unless my hide is saved, this day will end very, very badly.

Dark Soul said:
No solid evidence? I'd say I have more solid evidence to find you suspicious then you have to find me so.

WHAT HAS NIDORICH DONE THAT MAKES HIM SO SUSPICIOUS TO YOU?!

I just can't see why you seem so intent of getting him killed.

To be fair to him I guess it's mainly because I am very vocal on my opinions and I guess that can land me in hot water sometimes, I can't think of anyone really that has posted in every day since the beginning other than me and him. The fact that we have little to nothing to go off doesn't help too much either.

I know it's past the deadline for lynchings but I decided that I would abstain simply because I don't think Dark Soul is mafia (or he is mafia and is trying to dump the most active posters now but then that wouldn't work because he has been on my back for a few days now). Still even though we need to take a few shots in the dark I don't like the risk of losing someone who is more than likely village just trying to help.

It doesn't really matter anymore, now that we're well past the voting date (?). God, I hope the Townies aren't outnumbered after today.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
DS just wants pity and sympathy. I could be a huge troll and vote for him... Leave his fate up to the toss of a coin ;D

Well there are still a few left to vote...me included but as far as I am concerned, I'm not voting for anything since the deadline has passed.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

We've abstained today. Also, Chadwyck and Blazi have been removed for inactivity; they were both townies.

Status
Not open for further replies.