• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia V: Day One (April 25th-27th): Strangers In The Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
This is a public alert: the Mafia has once again resurfaced in Pokécharms, and have both issued similar ultimatum: give up control of the city, or there will be war.

Now, being 'Charmsians, we don't give in that lightly. So, war it is. The two families are called "The Dorian Family" and "The Chanandler Bong Family". We're not quite sure where these names came from, but we are assured they mean business.

Please report to the Town Hall as soon as possible for your compulsory lynching discussions.

Good luck, and root the buggers out.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Mafia V: Day One (25th-27th April): Strangers In The Nig

YEAH~
Let's get going, all. :D

BTW: Lynch Teapot :3

*Watches the floodgates open~

...I don't know what to say so I'll just wait and see what happens lol

The Mafia don't know how to stay down, do they?

Guess we better get down to business - and hopefully lynch a Mafia member by the time this day is over.

So it begins

I'm not sure who to lynch I'll wait to see if any suspicions arise in future posts.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I don't really know what to think either. Hopefully something will come to light that will help us decide who are the right people to lynch.

Personally (since i haven't played Mafia in a while) it seems suspicious that Shiny would just keep going with the same format of lynching Petey every time. But that's just my two cents.

I find it suspicious that Dwayna would be suspicious of Shiny's suspicions of Teapot, which is an early suspicion of the first suspicious person to try and get us all suspicious of her, and isn't that quite suspicious in itself?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Those who posted first are obviously suspicious. >:/
Also, you can see that I added the "lynch Petey" comment as an afterthought, as seen with the "editted 1 time total" thing at the end of my post~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

It's good to be back (even if I did play last game vicariously through several people).

I suppose we should get a proper dialogue going and start throwing names out there. This game is interesting, as there is nobody that I consider super noobish out of the people playing, thus I'm not really dismissing anybody as not being given a special role.

Also, I'm intrigued by which roles will be in play this game with Petey's new system of roles. What if we don't have a Detective/Doctor!?! Also, the Detective can get faulty info now so we can't fully trust what he/she says anymore. This game should be intriguing, needless to say.

Shiny Eevee said:

Then that means that you are the most suspicious, m'dear, as you were the first post~

I find Brendan's suspcious-ception post to be suspicious~

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Jeez, I was just saying that because I haven't played in a long time. Plus what you said didn't make a whole lot of sense, and Teapot isn't really in the game anyways so how would it be possible to lynch him off? I think you're just trying to point the finger at me because you want to throw the trail off yourself, Brendan.

But I would also like to point out that Shiny did not completely deny my claim, as she said "Those who posted first are obviously suspicious. >:/"

Hmm, these early suspicions are making me believe Shiny, Brendan and Dwayna are suspicious (more so Shiny and Brendan) but these petty accusations don't seem strong enough at the moment so I'll drop my suspicions until more conclusive info comes up

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

In this game, Joshawott, you are guilty until proven innocent. And sadly a lot of times this can only be proven is through death.

It's actually good that people have begun accusing each other this early in the game, even if they are a bit unfounded and ridiculous. However, this way we get something going and we can see who gangs up on somebody or goes out of their way to protect somebody. So I encourage this type of silly accusatory behavior, for now.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Silly accusatory behavior is all we have at the moment, Red. At this stage in the game it's all we really have to go on. I find it suspicious that you would encourage this sort of behavior, possibly because the focus hasn't been on you until now. Why is it that you encourage this behavior, Red? Perhaps because you're out for blood in more ways than one?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I like this kind of behavior as opposed to simply taking the "well let's see what the mafia does" approach because we can see who gets defensive or weird. It gets the game going much faster and day one doesn't become a waste of a day like it has in previous games.

And yes, I am out for blood in more ways than one; one mafia family and the other. ;D

Silly accusatory behavior is literally all we have. Blood must be shed in order for the light of truth to shine. It's a pretty grim image, but it's sadly the truth. Look at the past games: things go badly without bloodshed on Day 1.

Yeah, we have a good chance of hitting a townsperson, but that conversely means that we have a chance of hitting Mafia. The Mafia want us to turn on each other and lynch our friends away - that's a given. We just have to hope that they're sloppy in their killing, that they leave us clues as to who they are.

It's that kind of hope that will put us on top of the Mafia at the end of it all, without that, all we have is nothing. In order to rid us of this evil that is the Mafia, we must commit evil in order to destroy a far greater evil.

But remember: so far, the posts that have been deemed suspicious have only been done so in order to stir up the Mafia and make them unknowingly reveal themselves. Let's just hope that it gives us more than we asked for.

Josh, you are being too nice D: Unless this being nice charade is just a ploy to get people off your tail which makes you look a little suspicious ;D

I'm not personally accusing you, but you've just got to be suspicious of all behaviour :) I could be suspicious for think you are suspicious even Red helping someone new to the game could be seen as suspicious.

Ilu Josh ♥

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

I suppose that's all well and good, but suspicions are still going to be thrown around. Us townies are trying to root out the evil by throwing these kinds of suspicion around.

Personally at this moment I find Shiny to be the most suspicious because she did not outright deny my claim of her being suspicious, merely confirming it further with her own words. I also find Brendan to be suspicious because of his suspicion-ception. I will tentatively agree with Riley that Josh is being too nice, but I'm also suspicious of him for accusing a seemingly nice person. But these are just my thoughts.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I'm suspicious of Carmen and Shocari because nobody else is, damn it! D:<

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Oh Red. XD

Dear Dway, I was at school so I couldn't give a good defense for myself. However, I felt like it was a running gag at this point, with Brendan doing it game 3 and me doing it game 2. :p

I like this, throwing accusations around. What I don't like is how much I have to read in this thread. D:<

Also, I'm suspicious of Red for being suspicious of people without a very good reason~

... oh gosh everyone is suspicious and all paranoid with suspicion ;_;

Ok, just so everyone knows I am active and am definetely looking to win this game ~:)~ I would say not to jump to any minor changes in attitude simply because this is a game where people bluff and double bluff. What we need to do is just look for when people are acting way too weird. P.S don't just accuse me because I posted my thoughts.....that happened last time and well, I got killed for nothing 8)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I agree that silly accusations are really all we have at this point.

aka. Sem is mafia. Kill him. |D

And because of that post, I'm suspicious of you again, Nido.

Also, Sho, that first post was um...surprisingly elegant mafia xD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I actually do have, somewhat valid reasons for being suspicious/fearful of Sho and Carmi. Both of them have proven to be very smart and cunning in past games. Thus if they are mafia it won't be so obvious, so you have to watch for more subtle clues. They can be very powerful allies, or fearsome enemies.

I mean, Carmen was mafia in Game 3 and the only reason I suspected her was because of percentages and that she hadn't said or done much of consequence up to that point. That was my reasoning!

Obviously Carmen and Sho haven't done anything this game to draw attention to themselves, but I am being cautious of them (along with a few others who have proven to be startling good at this game).

I feel it's best to keep the good players under watch at all times (as you never know if one of them will slip-up.

Also Katie scares me. Everyone watch her, she is a master manipulator!

Akira Rose said:
And because of that post, I'm suspicious of you again, Nido.

Not again FML ;_;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Sir Red said:
the only reason I suspected her was because of percentages and that she hadn't said or done much of consequence up to that point. That was my reasoning!

I actually agree with this. Not the thing about Carmi being suspicious, but that when people don't say a lot or done a lot in a game, it usually indicates that they're mafia. Though not always true, it's certainly a pattern that's been followed several times.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

By Red's own logic people that are good at the game are under suspicion... so because he's good at the game, this makes me more suspicious! And NidoRich, you're not really helping yourself by saying you're out to win and using past examples to try to throw people off your trail. I haven't played in a long time and these sorts of things will set off my suspicion trigger.

But being too suspicious is what got me killed last time. I will have to see what other people think in this case.

Akira Rose said:

That post is a default post for any role. :p

I am wary of Katie at this point, not suspicious. So far, she's been completely neutral in her posting, but as Red said, she is indeed a masterful manipulator. Best not to anger her, then |D

At this point in time, I'm suspicious of Shiny for a post she made earlier:

Shiny Eevee said:

By that logic, she is suspicious for being the first post. Did Shiny somehow accidentally reveal something about her role? Is it something to be wary of, like the Mad Bomber or Double Agent? Maybe she's the Clown and is trying to get killed?

Either way, that post completely makes her a target to herself, and by throwing suspicion on herself like that is quite suspicious to me.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Sho, that post was meant to be a joke. I wanted to start off this game lightheartedly, though that quickly spiraled away into "I think this person is suspicious because" and whatnot. Not that it's a bad thing, my timing was just off. <<

Perhaps you're one of those roles, Sho, and you just don't want us to think it's you by putting the suspicion on somebody else? It would be a good strategy to, and I wouldn't put it past you to think of something like that.

Also, this.

Sir Red said:
the only reason I suspected her was because of percentages and that she hadn't said or done much of consequence up to that point. That was my reasoning!

I wholeheartedly agree with this reasoning: those who're silent, or trying very hard not to draw attention to themselves, are the most suspicious. Though that might not happen in this game, because almost everyone this time has experience and tactics for winning.

This is hard. D:

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Shocari said:
Either way, that post completely makes her a target to herself, and by throwing suspicion on herself like that is quite suspicious to me.
This is true, but NidoRich did have a point: Double bluffing could come into play. She could have intentionally said just that to lower our guard around her so that we wouldn't think she's Mafia. But then again you could've just pointed that out to make me suspicious of her instead of you. D<

I can't help but to notice that she seems to be in cahoots with Red judging by the fact that she hasn't disagreed with him yet, perhaps they are both mafia?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Obviously you missed one of my posts when I said that I was suspicious of Red for being suspicious of Carmen and Sho for no really good reason, Dway.

Besides, I know this game well. Would it really be wise of me to be in, as you put it, "cahoots" with someone if I was mafia? I just think that Red's logic then was rather sound.

Also apparently I repeated myself in my last two posts << I... I've lost track of what I HAVE said and what I haven't said yet. Wow, that was fail on my part. XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I'm fully aware of this, Dway. Honestly, if nobody was keeping an eye on me I'd be very disappointed with you all. (And also myself, because I thought I was better at this game than that!)

That being said, I'm most suspicious of Dwayna thus far. She has been so quick to jump on everyone about a whole lot of very little things thus far, it just seems off to me. I mean, Joshawott said she didn't seem suspicious and then she turned around and said he was suspicious. If anybody says a thing, Dway has said they are suspicious. Basically if you post or not, Dway is calling suspicion upon you. Seems like Dway wants to knock our attention elsewhere quite a bit, question everything people do even when she agrees with what they say.

Just seems off to me.

If I was the Clown, it wouldn't matter. I'd be trying to get myself killed, in which case, I would be a winner at the end.

You two are both silly, casting the blame that's been put on you onto others instead. Naughty, naughty :p

Also, I agree with Red. Dway has been very quick to jump the gun on just about everyone, even those who haven't thought her as suspicious. Keep this up, and you might have some votes towards you :>

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Well excuse me, princess! For being paranoid and contributing to the conversation. I'm worried about who's who and pointing out what I think might be suspicious. It's not wrong of me to want to knock suspicion off of myself when I don't want to end up killed for no good reason.

Edited to please Katie. :p

And that got you killed last time.

But don't worry. Shiny's a hell of a lot more suspicious than you now. Especially with all of this delightful info she's spewing all over chat :'D

And that's it for me for the next 4-5 hours. Don't go crazy, kids~

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion

Shocari said:
And that got you killed last time.
This is true. I'll calm myself down a bit and let other people take the handle. Obviously I'm too suspicious for my own good.

I'm suspicious of Brendan more than anyone at the moment just due to him being overall pretty quiet, even while he was in chat he was pretty quiet. And his suspiciception isn't doing him favours. Although fair warning to Shiny I'm really suspicious of you too but I'm penning the clown role on you at the moment, I need to see Sem and the others posts before I make a decision.

I would also say Dem was particularly quiet tonight but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with her journalism but just a slight suspicion

Rileyixx said:
I would also say Dem was particularly quiet tonight but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt with her journalism but just a slight suspicion

Ok, I would just say that Dem is always busy so I wouldn't count it as suspicious yet. That being said I have had a talk with her about mafia so just strike up a conversation with her and I'm sure she will talk ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.